Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Mandatory Volunteer - A Game about Testing Magic Wands  (Read 1499 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Mandatory Volunteer - A Game about Testing Magic Wands
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2019, 10:09:00 am »

Dustan.
blacksmith.
avoid getting run over by the wagon zooming at me!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2019, 10:22:59 am »

Rat Catcher continues using his want this time deliberately shooting at the Horse, still only singing its hide, causing it to jump from a quick gallop into a frenzied charge. Something the approaching blacksmith, Dustan, avoids with a grace that belies his muscled stature.

Meanwhile Billy, the Miner takes possession of another wand and shaking it around in a haphazard manner shoots the horse of the second wagon causing it to collapse.

Billy's Wand seems to be unremarkable?
Inflicted Heavy Injuries on unnamed Horse of the Second wagon causing it to collapse unconsciously.
Horse Number 3 is singed again and now charging at top speed out of sight. It will be gone out of sight soon.
Dustan the Blacksmith gains Acrobatics Rank I

MrThrowaway

• Bay Watcher
  • The Trashman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2019, 10:53:19 am »

Use the time-honored decision making tool eeny meeny miny moe to pick a wand. Then, point it at the sky and say a magic sounding word
el basurero

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2019, 10:56:42 am »

Put the Wand of Magic Missiles on the ground in the 'tested' pile. (That is, drop it randomly.)
Grab three untested wands and use my expert tracking skill to follow the horse.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2019, 11:47:48 am »

Paul the Carpenter takes two wands and fires them at an integral part of the runaway wagon, hoping to make the cargo spill.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2019, 12:08:08 pm »

Noname the cobbler begins a safer way to test out the wands and fires one randomly into the air. nothing seems to happen...besides the magic missile of course.

Meanwhile Paul the Carpenter wields to wands akimbo and fires them at the runaway wagon. With two expert shots he fires off the two hind wheels causing the wagon to crash spilling thousands of wands across the road. meanwhile the horse is running off into the distance. A milisecond later Paul feels his senses tingling before his boots suddenly turn extremely heavy. They feel as on each a fully grown man would cling making it impossible to walk.

Rat catcher grabs three more wands and sets out to get the horse back. Something he oddly enough fails at terribly. Hes more of a vermin tracker rather than a horse tracker...at least thatthe excuse he comes up with in his head.

Nonames Wand seems to be unremarkable?
Pauls wands seem to give Danger Sense and Boots that weigh as heavy as a grown man. Now he only needs to find out which is which.
The Third Horse has run off...
The Third Wagon is a ruin and thousands of wands are scattered across the road...

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2019, 12:26:24 pm »

Paul the Carpenter fires his two wands individually at the ground to figure out which is which, unless close inspection can discern them. Then, he fires the danger sense wand at the same place twenty times.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 12:28:28 pm by Pavellius »

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2019, 12:48:24 pm »

"Noname, could you take a look at my boots?  They have become extremely heavy."

MrThrowaway

• Bay Watcher
  • The Trashman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2019, 01:29:52 pm »

Inspect Paul's boots and chuck my wand at a tree
el basurero

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2019, 01:34:54 pm »

Wave a wand at a tree. Victory!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2019, 02:07:52 pm »

Grab a wand- Shake well.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2019, 02:35:24 pm »

Paul fires both wands individually at the ground but nothing changes. After all his boots are already as heavy as a man...they can't grow heavier. And his senses don't seem to change.

Noname meanwhile chucks away his wand and starts inspecting Pauls boots. Youdetermine that clearly his boots are fine...but extremely heavy. You are a cobbler not a magician so you can't do anything more about it.

Rat Catcher abandons his horse recovery quest and instead decides to test one of the three wands in his hands by firing it at a nearby tree. The tree recieves some scorch marks but otherwise is fine. However suddenly Rat Catcher feels something writihing in his pants. As he checks his pockets he realizes they are filled with live salmon. More and more begin spilling out of his pockets...

Nowork grabs a wand from the remaining two carts and shakes it for a bit. He hits John the Mason whose arm shows some second degree burns. Nowork doesn't notice anything until he looks at his hands. The veins in his hands usually being a blueish color have decidedly turned greenish...

One of Rat Catchers wands fills pockets with salmons
One of Noworks wands has no remarkable effect?
John has been slightly burnt by Nowork
Noname has chucked away his wand

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2019, 02:43:26 pm »

Is it joinble? if so
Andre
A messenger
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2019, 02:52:03 pm »

John shrugs, grabs a random wand, and fires it at the sky.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

MrThrowaway

• Bay Watcher
  • The Trashman
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2019, 02:55:21 pm »

Fire a random wand at myself

"Superpowers or bust."
el basurero
Pages: 1 [2] 3