Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: The Rise of a Nomadic Clan  (Read 6911 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Rise of a Nomadic Clan
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2019, 06:34:26 am »

Take the Nitrim troops with us to the small clan in the East and subjugate them. They clearly need strong leadership.

Name the boy Bheo

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2019, 12:26:11 pm »

You name your son Bheo. The troops from Nitrim and your own march east. An envoy from the Kipchak clan(all names are real but may not be in their historical place or power) informs you that they have seen your army on the approach and will not make your fight easy. You position the tribal troops in front, to take the blunt of the Kipchak troops.

Round 1 of combat sees your mounted archers takeout 9 opposing troops, while their mounted archers eliminate 28 tribal troops. Round 2 of combat sees your tribal troops close; your mounted archers takeout 19 opposing troops, while their mounted archers eliminate 38 tribal troops, and finally your tribal troops takeout 24 opposing troops. Round 3 sees your mounted archers takeout 14 opposing troops, while their mounted archers eliminate 12 tribal troops, and finally your tribal troops takeout 25 opposing troops. The last 8  retreat back into their camp. Battle results: 78 Nitrim troops killed; 72 Kipchak troops killed, 0 person clan(need to come up with a name) troops killed

You have your tribal troops begin to charge into their camp, the Kipchak archers eliminate 22 tribal troops before they were overwhelmed. 138 Kipchak defenders died before the Kipchak leaders surrendered. Final losses: Kipchak 72 troops, 138 pop defenders; Nitrim: 100 troops; Clan(seriously a name is needed): 0 troops

You do bring 56 Kipchak as prisoners and 21 gold back.

Kipchak is now under your control, do you wish to absorb them or leave them as their own under you. Kipchak: 864 pop, 34 manpower, 79 gold

You return home as the year closes and send the Nitrim troops home.

Date: Jan 1, 758
Stats:V
 Pop:1,225
 Manpower (used/unused/max):100/22/122
 Troops:2 platoons(40 mounted archers(ma's) each)+2 squads(10 mounted archers each)
 Royal Horses(used/unused/total): 100/865/865
 Prisoners: 56
 Loyalty:91%
 Stability:1
 Treasury:50(5 set aside for more mounted archers)
 Prestige:75

Family:
 You:Suzki Skullcrusher (33)|Your wife:Yusme(28)
 Your 1st Son:Ardaric(9)
 Your 2nd Son:Bheo(1)

Surroundings:
 North: vast forested
 East: a small clan(6 months ride, 80 troops)
 South: a smallish clan(5.5 months ride)
 West: Nitrim Tribe(1 months ride, vassal), Bilop Tribe(2 months ride, vassal)
 General vicinity: a great plain

Vassals:
 Nitrim: 185 troops(increases by 15 yearly), 110 gold(increases by 0.6), effective pop 1 058(grows at 85 yearly), prestige: 21(+5 a year)
 Bilop: 81 troops(increases by 15 yearly), 140 gold(increases by 0.6), effective pop 1 262(grows at 85 yearly), prestige: 31(+5 a year)
 ?Kipchak: 864 pop, 34 manpower, 79 gold(increases by 1)?

Modifiers:
 airag producers: pop growth 1/90

How do you proceed?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 05:06:59 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2019, 01:49:41 pm »

Absorb the Kipchak into our clan.

Look into selling the prisoners.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2019, 07:36:18 am »

Absorb the Kipchak into our clan.

Look into selling the prisoners.

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2019, 02:17:36 pm »

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2019, 05:08:09 pm »

You have he Kipchak clan absorbed, hundreds flee east but you managed to get 216 pop into your own clan. Those that flee will take months, if not years, to mount any kind of resistance. You sell the prisoners to other clans and to your own people(clan and tribes). 41 gold was gotten from the sale.

Word reaches you that Nitrim has recruited 100 pop to fill in the ranks of troops that were lost.

Date: Jan 1, 759
 Pop:1,457
 Manpower (used/unused/max):100/45/145
 Troops:2 platoons(40 mounted archers(ma's) each)+2 squads(10 mounted archers each)
 Royal Horses(used/unused/total): 100/851/951
 Prisoners: 0
 Loyalty:76%
 Treasury:92(5 set aside for more mounted archers)
 Prestige:87

Family:
 You:Suzki Skullcrusher (34)|Your wife:Yusme(29)
 Your 1st Son:Ardaric(10)
 Your 2nd Son:Bheo(2)

Surroundings:
 North: vast forested
 East: displaced clan pop(unknown)

Vassals:
 Nitrim: 300 troops(increases by 15 yearly), 105 gold(increases by 0.6), effective pop 1 043(grows at 85 yearly), prestige: 26(+5 a year)
 Bilop: 96 troops(increases by 15 yearly), 139 gold(increases by 0.6), effective pop 1 347(grows at 85 yearly), prestige: 36(+5 a year)

Modifiers:

How do you proceed?
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2019, 07:06:47 am »

Lets get another twenty archers so we have three platoons, then explore the northern forest.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2019, 04:05:39 pm »

Sorry I almost forgot about this.
You finish filling out a third platoon of mounted archers and than send out scouts to the northern forest. Your scouts discover plenty of wildlife and trees, lots and lots of trees. The north appears to be an untamed wilderness, you and your tribes are the farthest north that you know of. Nitrim is more north than Bilop, other than that. . .  Your scouts are 99% certain that no one lives up there.

Date: Jan 1, 760
 Pop:1,473
 Manpower (used/unused/max):120/27/147
 Troops:3 platoons(40 mounted archers(ma's) each)
 Royal Horses(used/unused/total): 120/926/1,046
 Loyalty:77%
 Treasury:92(4 set aside for more mounted archers)
 Prestige:98

Family:
 You:Suzki Skullcrusher (35)|Your wife:Yusme(30)
 Your 1st Son:Ardaric(11)
 Your 2nd Son:Bheo(3)

Surroundings:
 North: vast forest wilderness
 East: displaced clan pop(unknown)

Vassals:
 Nitrim: 315 troops(increases by 15 yearly), 105 gold(increases by 0.6), effective pop 1 128(grows at 85 yearly), prestige: 31(+5 a year)
 Bilop: 111 troops(increases by 15 yearly), 139 gold(increases by 0.6), effective pop 1 432(grows at 85 yearly), prestige: 41(+5 a year)

Modifiers:

How do you proceed?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 02:29:24 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2019, 07:20:33 am »

Lets scout to the east and see whats out there and gather up some of the scattered clan members if we find any.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2019, 02:40:35 pm »

You send out scouts to the east and the gather 34 of the displaced pops(added to your pop). Its has been discovered that they traveled far in the last couple years. Your scouts have explored as far as they can and still come back before the year is over, as such your scout leader informs you that he will send the scout far to the east(and other directions as you want). This will give you updates on your eastern front(and again the others as you want), allowing you to switch from a scouting focus in the east(and the others as you want). 1 Scout squad made(cost 1 gold & 1 prestige (this one is free)).

Your vassal of Bilop has been attacked from the west, 59 troops lost. In response Bilop has recruited 200 pop to join the ranks of the troops. They have not asked for help, tho you can if you want.

Date: Jan 1, 761
 Pop:1,523
 Manpower (used/unused/max):130/22/152
 Troops:3 platoons(40 mounted archers(ma's) each); 1 squad of scouts(uses 5X horses)(locked: east)
 Royal Horses(used/unused/total): 170/980/1,150
 Loyalty:78%
 Treasury:94(4 set aside for more mounted archers)
 Prestige:109

Family:
 You:Suzki Skullcrusher (36)|Your wife:Yusme(31)
 Your 1st Son:Ardaric(12)
 Your 2nd Son:Bheo(3)

Surroundings:
 East: displaced clan pop(>6months ride)

Vassals:
 Nitrim: 330 troops(increases by 15 yearly), 106 gold(increases by 0.6), effective pop 1 213(grows at 85 yearly), prestige: 36(+5 a year)
 Bilop: 267 troops(increases by 15 yearly), 114 gold(increases by 0.6), effective pop 1 317(grows at 85 yearly), prestige: 41(+5 a year)

Modifiers:

How do you proceed?
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2019, 02:55:27 pm »

march west to aid Bilop, as that’s would a good liege would do.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2019, 06:57:43 am »

march west to aid Bilop, as that’s would a good liege would do.
+1

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2019, 09:51:34 am »

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2019, 03:33:06 pm »

You head west to aid Bilop. Bilop has made a push before you troops got there, they wipe out the attackers at the cost of a platoon of troops. When you get there Bilop has already begun besieging the enemy tribe. With you troops arriving the tribe surrenders to Bilop. Your troops didn't even see battle.

Bilop has decided to conquer them. With more pop, prestige, and gold Bilop raises another 200 recruits + 42 to replace the losses.

Your eastern scouts report that the displaced pop has reformed a new clan 2 years  away from you current position with the name Kipchak holding.

Date: Jan 1, 762
 Pop:1,539
 Manpower (used/unused/max):130/22/153
 Troops:3 platoons(40 mounted archers(ma's) each); 1 squad of scouts(uses 5X horses)(locked: east)
 Royal Horses(used/unused/total): 170/1,095/1,265
 Loyalty:79%
 Treasury:96(4 set aside for more mounted archers)
 Prestige:121

Family:
 You:Suzki Skullcrusher (37)|Your wife:Yusme(32)
 Your 1st Son:Ardaric(13)
 Your 2nd Son:Bheo(4)

Surroundings:
 East: displaced clan pop(~2 years ride)

Vassals:
 Nitrim: 345 troops(increases by 15 yearly), 106 gold(increases by 0.6), effective pop 1 298(grows at 85 yearly), prestige: 46(+5 a year)
 Bilop: 482 troops(increases by 15 yearly), 120 gold(increases by 0.6), effective pop 1 670(grows at 85 yearly), prestige: 25(+5 a year)

Modifiers:

How do you proceed?

Question: do you all like how much information that is in each update? Do you want less or more or keep it the same?
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6