Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: The Rise of a Nomadic Clan  (Read 6924 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Rise of a Nomadic Clan
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2019, 10:13:56 pm »

Find some horses on the plain, use ‘em to start the beginnings of a massive army!
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2019, 02:49:42 am »

We already have horses. Recruit some horse archers (the rules don't specify how many troops 10 gold will get us, but it's implied a full company.)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2019, 03:50:57 am »

Find some horses on the plain, use ‘em to start the beginnings of a massive army!
+1
We already have horses. Recruit some horse archers (the rules don't specify how many troops 10 gold will get us, but it's implied a full company.)
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2019, 12:41:39 pm »

You decide that having a royal horse herd needs to be separate from your peoples own horse. You send out your best horse herders and after about a month you have a small royal horse herd, your horse herders estimate that you have 500 horses in the royal herd. the horse herd grows at a rate of 1/10 a year, and will be used for your personal retinue first and than your army. You than hire 2 platoon of mounted archers using 4 gold, and have 6 gold set aside to continue building up 3 more platoons of mount archers as your available manpower permits. Your closest friend and adviser tells you you should start thinking about having a personal body guard(your personal retinue), he also reminds you that scouts are taken from unused manpower, unless you set aside some of your troops as scouts.

Date: Jan 1, 752
Stats:V
 Pop:1,020
 Manpower (used/unused/max):80/22/102
 Troops:2 platoons(40 mounted archers each)
 Royal Horses(used/unused/total): 80/420/500
 Loyalty:100%
 Stability:1
 Treasury:8(6 set aside for more mounted archers)
 Prestige:18

Family:
 You:Suzki Skullcrusher (27)|You wife:Yusme(22)
 Your Son:Ardaric(3)

Surroundings:
 North: vast forested
 East: a small clan(3 months ride)
 South: a smallish clan(5 months ride)
 West: a tribe(4 months ride, ~50 troops)
 General vicinity: a great plain

How do you proceed?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 12:52:25 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2019, 12:47:03 pm »

A man- the saying goes- needs a name. So I will, reluctantly, support
Suzki Skullcrusher (we need a name to spread fear before us)
Wife Yusme
Son Ardaric
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2019, 12:49:50 pm »

A man- the saying goes- needs a name. So I will, reluctantly, support
Suzki Skullcrusher (we need a name to spread fear before us)
Wife Yusme
Son Ardaric
Names have been updated.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2019, 01:30:11 pm »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2019, 07:58:28 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2019, 01:50:15 pm »

You set off with your troops to the west to pillage the tribe. When you get there you discover that they have an earthen hill-fort, in other words the main tribe buildings are on a earthen raise and have 'walls' of earth about 6 feet tall. You and your lieutenants figure that it will be easy to take. You forward scout report that the original troop estimates were a little high, they only count 34 defenders. You order the charge! In the first volley your troops killed 24 of the defenders, the defenders are so taken off guard that the remaining 10 surrender. Your troops bring back 80 prisoners, and 12 gold worth of valuables, burning everything else.

You can make your prisoners as: slave, integrate them as pop, or keep them as prisoners. Slaves will travel with you army and carry loot for you(army movement slowed), they will also grow at a rate of 1/500 yearly, they also increase how much gold you get yearly. Integrating them as pop adds the number you are integrating to your pop. Keeping them as prisoners allows you to change them latter, they will not grow tho. Prisoners and slaves can also be traded or sold to anyone.

Date: Jan 1, 753
 Pop:1,030
 Manpower (used/unused/max):80/23/103
 Royal Horses(used/unused/total): 80/470/550
 Prisoners: 80
 Loyalty:100%
 Treasury:21(6 set aside for more mounted archers)
 Prestige:27

Family:
 You:Suzki Skullcrusher (28)|You wife:Yusme(23)
 Your Son:Ardaric(4)

Surroundings:
 East: a small clan(3 months ride)
 West: a tribe(4 months ride, ~10 troops)

How do you proceed?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 03:03:14 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2019, 02:43:35 pm »

[slaves] will also grow at a rate of 1/50 yearly
So, wait, they breed faster than regular people?  Why is that?

Also, I've been meaning to ask about
when a ruler dies prestige is divided by (age of new ruler)
this means older rulers get less prestige, while a 1 year old baby would keep it all. That sounds backwards (unless heirs earn their own prestige in parallel?)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2019, 03:03:03 pm »

[slaves] will also grow at a rate of 1/50 yearly
So, wait, they breed faster than regular people?  Why is that?
Opps that is a typo, should be 1/500.

Also, I've been meaning to ask about
when a ruler dies prestige is divided by (age of new ruler)
this means older rulers get less prestige, while a 1 year old baby would keep it all. That sounds backwards (unless heirs earn their own prestige in parallel?)
Another typo, should be age of previous ruler.

Will fix those errors.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2019, 04:13:12 pm »

integrate the prisoners as population

Send some scouts East to figure out troop numbers of the small clan, while we continue a pit westward march to pillage the other tribe.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2019, 05:08:22 pm »

+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2019, 08:13:44 am »

Send some scouts East to figure out troop numbers of the small clan, while we continue a pit westward march to pillage the other tribe.

+1

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2019, 11:04:40 am »

You have the prisoners integrated. You than have scout head east to figure out the troop count of that small clan. Than you and your troops ride back west to pillage another tribe. You pass the tribe you burned last year, much to the locals delight, and continue west. Your forward scouts have reported another tribe a months ride away from the last tribe, with a little more troops than the last one; in fact they equal your numbers.

You get there running, in the first volley your troops killed 30 troops, taking them by surprise you get off another volley killing 27 more troops. They fight back killing 3 horses and 4 mounted archers. You fire another volley and kill 18 troops, the remaining 6 surrender. Your troops bring back 53 prisoners and 33 gold worth of valuables. You get back home as the year comes to a close, Any more raids west might take longer than a year unless you move west or raid the two tribes you already raided. Also the small clan to the east has the same troop count as you

Date: Jan 1, 754
 Pop:1,120
 Manpower (used/unused/max):80/28/112
 Royal Horses(used/unused/total): 80/522/602
 Prisoners: 53
 Loyalty:92%
 Treasury:55(6 set aside for more mounted archers)
 Prestige:36

Family:
 You:Suzki Skullcrusher (29)|You wife:Yusme(24)
 Your Son:Ardaric(5)

Surroundings:
 East: a small clan(3 months ride, 80 troops)
 West: a tribe(4 months ride, ~10 troops), another tribe(5 months ride, ~6)

How do you proceed?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 04:49:51 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6