Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Lo, Divines! (Ye Gods inspired God(ess) game) (10/10)(IC Thread)  (Read 7188 times)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: Lo, Divines! (Ye Gods inspired God(ess) game) (10/10)(IC Thread)
« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2019, 06:27:43 pm »

"I never said you were no longer owed repayment. Though I doubt you will be getting it soon...Either way, I'll take your word for it. Though I haven't claimed that they did such a thing on your orders, just that they took justice into their own hands as their friend was struck at instead of dealing with things in a much less violent way...However looking back, I believe I may have misspoke which possibly gave you the impression I thought it wasn't that and was accusing you...Sorry for that if that's the case."
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2019, 06:35:41 pm »

Tick 3.0 Event “A Merchant Caravan Arrives!”

Shortly after Sol, Star of Magic risked her life to defeat Bygar, Bane of Light an Inter-Bubble Caravan has arrived! No less than five Merchants peddling their wares and an entire race of refugees seeking a home to replace their destroyed reality, they’ve set up shop in the center of reality amidst the bustling stalls of the angelic Market. They are eager to announce themselves, and after such a long voyage, are ecstatic to finally put their wares on display.

The first is an enormous, neanderthal brute dragging a massive club and toting a large sack over one shoulder.
“ME IS TORHUN, GOD OF STRENGTH, IGNORANCE, AND RAGE! ME IS SELLING STAR-BEASTS, N’ STAR-BEAST HIDES FOR CHEAP! ONLY TWO ESSENCE FOR ENOUGH TO FILL A WHOLE REALM!”

Spoiler:  Torhun’s Wares (click to show/hide)

The second is a visibly angry newt-person driving a golden wagon laden with an abundance of mercantile goods. “Holy Overseers of this reality, I am known across the cosmos as Frewt, the Oft-Irritated, and I have a wide variety of mercantile goods to distribute to the mortals across your reality. I intend to sell fine works of jewelry, mundane books, one-use spell-scrolls, and forged implements of both war and toil from other realms. It is doubtful I have anything of interest to deities such as yourselves, but I happen to have a handful of potent healing salves in stock, which I am willing to part with for Four Essence a pouch. In addition, I have a handful of Arch-Drake Bones, which may be of interest to any Forge deities among you, and am willing to sell enough for a single Artifact at Two Essence apiece.”

Spoiler:  Frewt’s Wares (click to show/hide)

The third is a snail-man dragging a wheelbarrow of porcelain jugs. “M'name Dwalek, God'a Jugs n' Snails, n'me jus' wun' sell 'em fer cheap. Jugs’a mean, Essence un’s, good fer holdin’ it fer a long, looong while."

Spoiler:  Dwalek’s Wares (click to show/hide)

The fourth is a immense blob of flab with no distinct face and twelve massive feet. “Me… Blong, God’a… Lazy n’... Fat.... Got’a loan… No’much else…”

Spoiler:  Blong’s Loan (click to show/hide)

The fifth isn’t a Merchant at all, but an entire mortal race of what appear to be dozens of levitating eyeballs, held together by strands of mucous. One of them floats forward and explains, [OUR][HOME][IS][GONE][CONSUMED][BY][VOID][!][WE][NEED][NEW][HOME][TO][LIVE][NEW][GOD][TO][WORSHIP][!][WE][WILL][DO][ANYTHING][NOT][TO][LEAVE][!][WE][BEG][GODS][PLEASE][PATRON][US][!]

Spoiler:  The Vrsyn (click to show/hide)

The sixth is an shadowy figure in a billowing cloak, whose face is concealed by a starry rag. “Greetings, divines, I am known as the Strider, seller assorted mundane fragrances at no-doubt negligible cost and Bottled Void to deities wishing to experiment with it without risking their own Corruption.  Be aware, I am fully cognizant of the dangers of the Void, and urge you to handle my wares with extreme care.”

« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 09:34:17 pm by Ardent Debater »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #92 on: February 08, 2019, 06:49:20 pm »

Assorted Fragrances: They smell quite pleasant, and will soon be sold to any mortals wealthy enough to afford them.[/spoiler]

*spit* "Camelia would like to barter six bottles of Camel essence for four bottles of fragrance. Is fair trade, yes? Has healing powers!"

((Spit = Camel essence, not Camelia Essence))

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 08, 2019, 06:53:54 pm »

Luda flashes with lightning as a face formed of wind and sand peers down at the newcomer mortals.

Need You A Realm Of Your Own, Little Ones?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 08, 2019, 07:12:35 pm »

The merchants came like he expected, and he pulled out his natural Essence stores like a massive credit card.

"I'll happily take two of those 2 Essence Jugs you have there! I'm usually more of a watcher than an influencer, so I could use the storage. Oh, and if you wait a short bit, I'll take that 4-Jug off your hands too!"

Kit smiled as he handed off his 10 essence, because at this rate he would be one of the more potent gods in the pantheon. But sheesh, things were heating up in this place - That Bane of Light was a bit scary.

He then whispers to the Strider, "Hey, how much for two of those Void things?"
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 07:14:27 pm by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 08, 2019, 07:23:40 pm »

Guar buys both sets of Archdrake bones for 4 essence.

Come little Vrsyn. I bought you entry into this bubble. The Red Caves will be your home, until you tell me what your ideal home is and I create you a more permanent paradise fit for your needs.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 07:28:05 pm by Roboson »

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 08, 2019, 09:55:50 pm »

Assorted Fragrances: They smell quite pleasant, and will soon be sold to any mortals wealthy enough to afford them.[/spoiler]

*spit* "Camelia would like to barter six bottles of Camel essence for four bottles of fragrance. Is fair trade, yes? Has healing powers!"

((Spit = Camel essence, not Camelia Essence))

"You drive a hard bargain, Sultaness of the Sands, but these are the finest of fragrances. Eight bottles of Camel essence, straight from the source, in exchange for four bottles and we have a deal."

The merchants came like he expected, and he pulled out his natural Essence stores like a massive credit card.

"I'll happily take two of those 2 Essence Jugs you have there! I'm usually more of a watcher than an influencer, so I could use the storage. Oh, and if you wait a short bit, I'll take that 4-Jug off your hands too!"

Kit smiled as he handed off his 10 essence, because at this rate he would be one of the more potent gods in the pantheon. But sheesh, things were heating up in this place - That Bane of Light was a bit scary.

Dwalek happily exchanges two 2 Essence Jugs for 10 Essence from Kit Rougard, and states his intent to remain for two more turns!

"Sold. I's been long comin' here... L'bit longer t'get 'em all sold ain't much..."

He then whispers to the Strider, "Hey, how much for two of those Void things?"

"Two Essence per Bottle, though I urge you to treat it with the utmost care."

Luda flashes with lightning as a face formed of wind and sand peers down at the newcomer mortals.

Come little Vrsyn. I bought you entry into this bubble. The Red Caves will be your home, until you tell me what your ideal home is and I create you a more permanent paradise fit for your needs.
[CAME][FAR][LOST][ALL][...][OLD][HOME][GONE][OLD][GOD][DEAD][...][NEED][NEW][HOME][NEED][NEW][GOD][...][WE][GIVE][ENDLESS][THANKS][TO][GUAR][BUT][ARE][SLOW][TO][SWEAR][SPAWN][TO][ANY][GOD][...][FIRST][MUST][KNOW][WHO][ARE][YOU][?][WHAT][HAVE][YOU][DONE][?]
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 10:05:49 pm by Ardent Debater »

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 08, 2019, 10:04:26 pm »

[Pururu, the Smol One]

"I'd like a loan. How about I... pay 2 Essence back each tick? I can take... 3, loans."
Pururu bids for the loan, with 2 Essence paid back over 3 ticks. And is willing to take all 3 loans, if possible.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 08, 2019, 11:52:34 pm »

"Ah, grand! Now let's see here..."
He thought hard about timings, so that he could make the best of the situation.
"Blong, is it? I'll take a loan, and pay all 6 in 3 ticks from now."
If this succeeds, immediately pass the 4 Essence gained to The Strider for two Void Bottles.
"Don't worry, I won't be drinking the damned things."
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 01:25:48 pm by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 09, 2019, 12:06:25 am »

The Angels of Market begin happily trading with the various merchants.

Tick 3.0 Event “A Merchant Caravan Arrives!”

Shortly after Sol, Star of Magic risked her life to defeat Bygar, Bane of Light an Inter-Bubble Caravan has arrived! No less than five Merchants peddling their wares and an entire race of refugees seeking a home to replace their destroyed reality, they’ve set up shop in the center of reality amidst the bustling stalls of the angelic Market. They are eager to announce themselves, and after such a long voyage, are ecstatic to finally put their wares on display.

The first is an enormous, neanderthal brute dragging a massive club and toting a large sack over one shoulder.
“ME IS TORHUN, GOD OF STRENGTH, IGNORANCE, AND RAGE! ME IS SELLING STAR-BEASTS, N’ STAR-BEAST HIDES FOR CHEAP! ONLY TWO ESSENCE FOR ENOUGH TO FILL A WHOLE REALM!”

Spoiler:  Torhun’s Wares (click to show/hide)
"I'll take some of your delightful beasts Great Torhun!"
Market buys 1 Realm worth of Starbeasts for 2 Essence

The third is a snail-man dragging a wheelbarrow of porcelain jugs. “M'name Dwalek, God'a Jugs n' Snails, n'me jus' wun' sell 'em fer cheap. Jugs’a mean, Essence un’s, good fer holdin’ it fer a long, looong while."

Spoiler:  Dwalek’s Wares (click to show/hide)
"What marvously useful things! I'll take one of those 2 essencers my good Dwalek!"
Buy 2 Essence jug for 5 essence

The fourth is a immense blob of flab with no distinct face and twelve massive feet. “Me… Blong, God’a… Lazy n’... Fat.... Got’a loan… No’much else…”

Spoiler:  Blong’s Loan (click to show/hide)
"The Market would like to one out of your loans Honourable Blong. In addition to the repayment, the Market offers you relaxation in the Market's mud pits, some comfortable slippers made of the finest spider-silk, and a feast of finest deerflesh and corn!"
Try to take out on of Blong's loans.

The fifth isn’t a Merchant at all, but an entire mortal race of what appear to be dozens of levitating eyeballs, held together by strands of mucous. One of them floats forward and explains, [OUR][HOME][IS][GONE][CONSUMED][BY][VOID][!][WE][NEED][NEW][HOME][TO][LIVE][NEW][GOD][TO][WORSHIP][!][WE][WILL][DO][ANYTHING][NOT][TO][LEAVE][!][WE][BEG][GODS][PLEASE][PATRON][US][!]

Spoiler:  The Vrsyn (click to show/hide)

[CAME][FAR][LOST][ALL][...][OLD][HOME][GONE][OLD][GOD][DEAD][...][NEED][NEW][HOME][NEED][NEW][GOD][...][WE][GIVE][ENDLESS][THANKS][TO][GUAR][BUT][ARE][SLOW][TO][SWEAR][SPAWN][TO][ANY][GOD][...][FIRST][MUST][KNOW][WHO][ARE][YOU][?][WHAT][HAVE][YOU][DONE][?]
The very walls around the Vrsyn begin to speak, "Vrsyn, the Market echoes the words of Luda Ncebekan, Deity of Forge and Storms, and Guar, Deity of Caverns and Life, in welcoming you to our bubble!"

"I am Market, of Trade and Angels! Master of Ten Thousand Trades, Haggler of the Seven Moons, Merchant of a Million Spices! My priorities are the spreading of trade, and of the angelic way!"

"The Market has taken in the orphaned remains of a race of another god as they left the bubble, the poor Djinni, and they now flourish in the city I have built! I have created races, the Hundredwinged, and in collaboration with Luda, the Living Forges, who are both doing well. I have created a great city, with fertile soil and rich resources, for any races who wish to live there."

"And if you should join the Market, I can create for you, microscopes, telescopes and observatories, mirrors and lenses of all sorts, the tools required for your magic, and isolation, if you should desire it."

"And while this is not related to your race, the Market would like to mention that, now that I have firmly established my foundation within this bubble, I shall soon follow the great example of Ednaera and Guar and begin creating forces to protect it against incursions from the void."

The sixth is an shadowy figure in a billowing cloak, whose face is concealed by a starry rag. “Greetings, divines, I am known as the Strider, seller assorted mundane fragrances at no-doubt negligible cost and Bottled Void to deities wishing to experiment with it without risking their own Corruption.  Be aware, I am fully cognizant of the dangers of the Void, and urge you to handle my wares with extreme care.”

The second is a visibly angry newt-person driving a golden wagon laden with an abundance of mercantile goods. “Holy Overseers of this reality, I am known across the cosmos as Frewt, the Oft-Irritated, and I have a wide variety of mercantile goods to distribute to the mortals across your reality. I intend to sell fine works of jewelry, mundane books, one-use spell-scrolls, and forged implements of both war and toil from other realms. It is doubtful I have anything of interest to deities such as yourselves, but I happen to have a handful of potent healing salves in stock, which I am willing to part with for Four Essence a pouch. In addition, I have a handful of Arch-Drake Bones, which may be of interest to any Forge deities among you, and am willing to sell enough for a single Artifact at Two Essence apiece.”

Spoiler:  Frewt’s Wares (click to show/hide)
"These sound like wonderful bargains! The Market must inform the mortals of your lucrative deals!"

Action 1: Market informs his worshippers of these wondrous deals, and recommends the Hundredwinged begins trading for specialty Purusian spider silk (Potential tradegoods: Metalwork, looms, feathers, Food, art, Spices, Books, stories, ivory, camel spit, camel hairballs, etc.), and the Living Forges begin crafting fine metalwork, before the Market begins shifting itself between large gatherings of mortals, allowing them to trade with the merchants within it.

Ednaera sends Eslinde to the Blue Corridor to teach the art of blade-crafting to the Dhasals and the Camels. The Dhasal are ecstatic to be in the presence of the fabled foremost of their Goddess’s followers, and take to the smithing of copper kukri and daggers with great gusto. Unfortunately, they lack the societal cohesion and trade network to facilitate the smithing of bronze, though they have the knowledge to do so. The Camels have already uncovered the art of blade-crafting themselves, and spit upon the Servant of the Goddess, decrying her hideously non-Camel ugliness. After the first dozen campsite massacres, the Camels have learned to avoid the sight of Eslinde.

Eslinde has taught the Dhasal the art of blade-crafting!
Action 2: Market begins teaching the Dhasal how to form stable, functioning societies, and the technology of trade, such as wheels, to ease the flow of goods between them.

[Archdemon Loan tracker: 6/16; 5 ticks of repaying remaining]
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 12:39:25 am by Demonic Spoon »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #100 on: February 09, 2019, 12:15:16 am »

"You drive a hard bargain, Sultaness of the Sands, but these are the finest of fragrances. Eight bottles of Camel essence, straight from the source, in exchange for four bottles and we have a deal."
"Ah, but Camelia must protest! Camelia's children can only produce so much essence! Camelia can offer 7 but no higher! Yes, 7, but no higher!"

Counter-offer: 7 bottles of fresh Camel spit!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2019, 06:26:48 pm »

Guar can understand this, he too moves slow and with caution. Like the great rivers which carve the caves, Guar is steady and endless. Guar entered this universe with a vision. He saw great glowing caverns, illuminated with the beauty of mortal creation. He saw great cities, raised by mortals. Statues of heros and wonders stood tall among the streets. Mushroom parks, lit by their etherial glow, brought life and nature into the stone cities. Great murals were carved upon the walls, depicting the history and wonders of this realm. Guar gave much, so that he could bring his mortals to life. And now that they are, Guar works towards creating a bastion of culture. Art and architecture will spiral up from the depths. Theater, poetry, and literature will sing out among the silence of the caverns. Deep in the forges, smiths will forge the most elegant and finely crafted armors, weapons, and items the metals of this world can offer. The gems and metals of the deep, brought forth so that gods and mortals alike can wonder at their elegance. And my mortals will shine brightly, for the wonder of Guar's kingdom will not be built by his hands, but through the forges lit in the souls of mortals, burning bright with the passion in their hearts, and tended by the strength and elegance of their powerful hands. This is the kingdom Guar is creating for his Nauts.

Outside the mortal realms, Guar sought to create a realm of wonder and comfort, for which to house his guests within this universe. The Red Caves were designed as a realm for which mortals of all make and muster could call home. An endless expanse, a cavern of divine proportion, with no walls. Red sands fill the realm, atop the eternal rock, and lining the many oceans. Life flourishes here, vast oceans filled with food. They shift and move, often disappearing and refilling in new places, creating a shifting landscape which never ceases to generate new wonder. Here food is easy to catch, water is always clean and refreshing, and danger may not enter. It is true, this realm is made for another, for the children of our esteemed guest Blong. And your time there will be only be temporary. For Vrsyn, it is not what I have done which is what matters, but what I offer.

Guar sees your plight, the distance you traveled, and the pain you feel. Guar cannot and will not erase that pain from your hearts and those memories from your soul, for they have forged you into something you were not when you lived in your realms. You old god, your old lands, and your old selves are gone. Guar sees this, and does not feel pity. Guar sees strength and tenacity, that which could venture through the void and arrive on his doorstep. This is why Guar paid your toll, not because you were pitiful, but because you were not. Guar saw the strength of the mountains and the tenacity of the depths within your plight. Not every mortal could survive such. Guar is impressed. And thus, Guar offers you a home here. Do not confuse my words here, mortals of the dead god and distant lands. Guar does not offer you simply refuge, or entry, Guar offers to build you a new land for you to make your own. He offers a new home, a new life, and a new future, not to the mortals who left their destroyed lands, but to those who survived the void of their own persistence and strength, for Guar knows upon the completion of such a journey, you would not be the same as you once were. The hardships and loss burned eternally into the souls of your people, stoking the fires of your hearts.

And so Guar offers thus: In exchange for your devotion, Guar will rise a land of your own design. A new kingdom, built on a vision. As Guar built his kingdom upon his vision, Guar will make your kingdom upon yours.

Guar also buys a healing salve for 4E from the trader.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 07:25:42 pm by Roboson »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #102 on: February 09, 2019, 07:26:49 pm »

"Camelia wonders if the healing properties of Camel spit could be improved by studying the work of Outsider healers."

Camelia will purchase two of the healing salves from Frewt for 8E.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 09, 2019, 09:59:32 pm »

[Pururu, the Smol One]

Pururu, seeing the interest, and thinking of the loan wars, makes a new bid, for all 3.
Pururu bids for the 4 Essence loans with paying 2 Essence per tick... for 4 ticks. Totaling 8 Essence, rather than 6.
"Pururu wishes for Essence now. Lots."
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 09, 2019, 10:28:08 pm »

1 Action and 6E: create a population unit of Diviluge in the Taiga Islands.
Offer to take a loan from Blong.

Teach the Diviluge the beginnings of how to work with other materials, like sand, stone, and plants.

Speak to the Vrsyn:

I Am Not One To Talk Overlong. I Helped To Build The Living Forges. I Struck Lightning Into Living With The Diviluge. I Built The First Storm For My Workshop. I Will Make More. Fog, Clouds, Smoke, Fire, And More. These Are The Tools Of My Craft. I Will Forge A Realm For You, If You Desire It. Share Your Vision And You Shall Have A New Home.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8