Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Lo, Divines! (Ye Gods inspired God(ess) game) (10/10)(IC Thread)  (Read 7185 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lo, Divines! (Ye Gods inspired God(ess) game) (10/10)(IC Thread)
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2019, 08:47:34 am »

Sol, Star of Magic, largely ignores the rest of the world for now, other than occasionally speaking to the few visitors she does receive. She spends her time Teaching the Starnymps of Math, Physics, Science, and the Arts. For example, Force = Mass x Acceleration. This is going to be needed a bit later, given Celestial Magic is closely aligned with manipulating this principle. Once you have learned enough, I'll teach you a few new spells. Ah, we have to start from the basis to start though..

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2019, 09:21:21 am »

Kit watched and chuckled. This was somewhat interesting to watch go down, even if he was contributing little to the world. but some insider information about a visitor soon meant that he was going to have to save his Essence for greater plans later...

"Is that it? Just a bit of a tussle over... Slavery or something? Sounds like a legal contract no one read properly to me..."

He then thinks, and realizes that he could jump on the learning bandwagon and teach his Snakekin some things. Namely "How to build above ground houses that look all inviting and then you eat your visitors but also they're kinda cozy."
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 09:54:47 pm by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2019, 03:16:04 pm »

[Pururu, the Smol One]

Pururu looks around, and sees Purusians gather, they admire her castle of snow.
It seems she has been quite a neglectful goddess, not teaching her subjects anything. Well that'll change today.

Pururu teaches the Purusians to make Puru Burrows.
"It's time to dig a home. A safe home, where the Hundredwings wont be able to reach."
Puru Burrows are burrows that go deep into the ground, with space for many Purusians, but with openings too small for non-small creatures.
It has space for storing food, and it is reinforced with sticks and stones. This makes it able to hold out for a while. Either until the attacker leaves, or someone comes to their aid.
However, it can only be used defensively, due to how long it takes to create.

Next, Pururu teaches the Purusians how to capture and keep Silk Spiders.
"Spiders make silk, silk is soft but strong. They must also be regularly fed."
Silk Spiders are spiders that make silk. A material that is versatile and durable. They may even use it to tie sticks together, or even weave clothes.
Silk Spiders are bigger than normal spiders, but still smaller than a Purusian. As such, they can fit inside a Puru Burrow.
They do have to be fed, and the milking of the Silk Spider is a bit weird, as it's not like milking a cow.

Pururu is happy about teaching this, so she continues making a snow castle.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2019, 01:26:13 am »

Well that certainly was an interesting fight to behold. That gives me a few ideas for later creations... Guar thinks to himself for a moment then looks up. I mean, probably not a panther, but every good cave needs a monster I suppose.

Guar will go and assist in dealing with the intruder.

He will also patrol the border, watching out for the incoming merchants and more threats.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2019, 02:54:16 pm »

Tick 3.0 “The Merchant Rises and the Unseen Malice Finds Remorse.”

Sundered into three pieces by the wrath of Sol, Light of Magic, the Market nonetheless manages to make a speedy recovery with the assistance of Camelia and receives the full benefit of its angelic follower’s worship.

The Market’s condition improves from -1 to 0, and the Market is no longer Comatose!

Ednaera sends Eslinde to the Blue Corridor to teach the art of blade-crafting to the Dhasals and the Camels. The Dhasal are ecstatic to be in the presence of the fabled foremost of their Goddess’s followers, and take to the smithing of copper kukri and daggers with great gusto. Unfortunately, they lack the societal cohesion and trade network to facilitate the smithing of bronze, though they have the knowledge to do so. The Camels have already uncovered the art of blade-crafting themselves, and spit upon the Servant of the Goddess, decrying her hideously non-Camel ugliness. After the first dozen campsite massacres, the Camels have learned to avoid the sight of Eslinde.

Eslinde has taught the Dhasal the art of blade-crafting!

Sol, Star of Magic decides that as the Starnymps have learned the rudiments of Celestial magic, they are ready for the understanding of the sciences necessary to build on their knowledge. It is a long and difficult task, but little by little, the diligent Light of Life manages to instill the basics of mathematics, physics, chemistry, and artistry in the Starnympt population. They are eager to learn and in time, they will uncover more on their own.

Sol, Light of Magic teaches the Starnymps the basics of art and science!

Kit Rougard states his neutrality concerning the Market’s shattering, and is slightly disappointed the Snakekin haven’t managed to overcome their paranoia and build a society, but doesn’t hold it against them. Instead, he endeavors to lift them up as a people, quite literally, through the introduction of comfortable stilt houses. They don’t fear Kit Rougard near as much as their own kin, and though they’re wary of sudden betrayal, they’re more than eager to learn. Soon enough homely stilt houses are scattered throughout the Coedwigoeddgwyllt, and dozens of superstitions surrounding the horrific, flesh-eating, furless abominations within them have spread amongst the Wolfkin

Kit Rougard teaches the Snakekin the art of constructing Stilt-Houses!

Pururu sees the other deities teaching their followers and turns her sight to the Purusians, who have yet to develop past the earliest part of the stone age. Briefly stricken with remorse for neglecting her children’s education, she decides to rectify the issue immediately. She teaches them how to dig relatively deep burrows in the ground, too small for bigger races to enter, and reinforced by the clever placement of sticks and stones. Next, she creates a docile breed of relatively large, but still tiny non-venomous spiders that weave luscious silk and are easily tamed by one with the proper know-how. Pururu then shows the Purusians how to milk them for silk, hold them in kennels, and keep them tame. These two inventions improve their quality of life tremendously, and within the decade, dozens of Puru Burrow cities are holding the overwhelming majority of the Purusian population.

Pururu teaches the Purusians how to build Puru Burrows and tame Silk Spiders!

Turn One:

In the Observatory's courtyard, far away from the turbulent winds of the First Storm, the Starnymps play within sight of the Yggdrasil tree. They test their flashing lights and boast of the cantrips they've discovered. A Starnymp male shouts for the rest to pay attention and they turn to stare, transfixed, as he rises on not two, but four wings in what must be an enormous investment of mana, yet one he handles with ease. The mortals are amazed at this display, as he rises into the clouds with a confident grin, until he is turned into a red mist and the bloody gore splattered across the crowd.

They pause, shocked for an instant that feels like an eternity before it happens again, and again, and again, each time taking no longer than the scantest of seconds, and finally, one manages to scream. The rest of the Starnymps scatter, fleeing in all directions and crying for Sol, Light of Magic to save them as it seems a thousand, impossibly sharp invisible blades hack them apart. The Star Goddess is quick to respond and surges forth from her palace, crackling with Celestial energy. She shouts at her children to flee and they do so, but the massacre doesn't cease in the slightest.

Detecting the wave of malice radiating from the unseen menace's soul and on the verge of panicking herself, she grits her teeth in righteous defiance and the fabric of reality pulses, rippling at her will. The gravity in the Observatory amplifies a thousandfold and the Starnymps are unaffected, but the threat pays no heed, and continues its atrocity. Clearly, it pays no heed to the laws of physics as the pantheon understands them, and already, in the moments it has taken the author to conceive this sentence, it has slaughtered three hundreds of innocent little ones! Something must be done, and soon!

Quote from:  Sol, Light of Magic
“I will not let you harm them Further!”
The First World Tree shines brightly, before a million strings and a millions more erupt from it, more and more splitting, blocking the rampage.
They then wrap the entirety of the malice in a cocoon of light, backed by Sol's own light.(Health) Celestial Energy entraps the menace's soul and body in celestial amber, frozen in time.

The Unseen Menace, (Fully Healthy)
Sol, Light of Magic, (Fully Healthy)
The Starnymp Population, (-0.2)(1.1 remaining)

Turn Two:

As if encouraged by the Star Goddess's efforts, the hidden malice redoubles its efforts, shattering the Starnymp's well-built towers and cabins and making mincemeat of their cowering occupants a dozen times over. The sight of the unspeakable act fills Sol, Light of Magic with the furious rage of a mother protecting her children, such as she has never felt before, and with the wave of one hand, a thousand times one thousand radiant roots sprout from the Yggdrasil tree.

They surge forth in a flickering net akin to lightning, and surround the last scene of butchery. Having trapped its escape, they close in to choke the monster and it lashes out in hissing, spiteful hate, flaying hundreds upon hundreds of strings apart, but for every one to shatter, a dozen more rise, and soon it is enveloped in a pulsing net of Celestial Essence, reinforced by the own life-force of the Goddess who oversees the Light of Life herself.

It is exceedingly painful to hold onto the creature, as it is now at her own level of power, but she persists and at least for these next few moments, it is immobilized. The unseen malice is only slightly damaged, and entwined as it is with her life-force the Star Mistress knows she can't hold on forever. The fiend's shape is reminiscent of a panther, and its mind is filled with burning, flashing hunger. It is most certainly not pure of heart.

Quote from:  Sol, Star of Magic
Light of Life. Star of Magic. The nature of this being was born as one of hunger, wishing only to be filled. Grant it it's wish.
2E, Purify it's anger, be calm. Come to your senses, I give of you my lifeblood. Raise it so that it knows compassion. Direct Connection...
“Gain your own mind, and be allowed to make your own path, not as a weapon, but as a friend and ally."

The Unseen Menace, (Slightly Wounded)(Immobile)
Sol, Light of Magic, (Moderately Wounded)(-2 Essence)
The Starnymp Population, (-0.2)(0.9 remaining)

Turn Three:

This foul creature, this loathsome fiend lies bound within the grasp of the Star Goddess, and fighting the pain as its spite lashes through her psyche as a flaming dagger through fine silk, she strides forth, and places her hands upon its rippling hide. Straining, and throwing everything she has into the effort, she forces her way past its malice, past its hunger, and past its hatred, straight into the deepest, darkest depths of its soul.

There, exists only a raging storm of whirling hate, punctuated by molten flashes of famished hunger so profound as to shake the Goddess to her core even as she stands strong. The menace's force of will thrashes and wails against her, lashing out as a cornered beast, and relents only in the slightest as she holds it into place. To her surprise, it speaks, and its voice belies an unholy cunning.

"CELESTIAL WITCH, I AM BYGAR, BANE OF LIGHT! RELEASE ME FROM MY BINDINGS, LEST I REND THINE SOUL AS THINE CHILDREN'S FLESH!"

Quote from:  Sol, Light of Magic
Why? she asks
"You hunger so, a being of darkness. I do remember one of my Celestial from ages past like this."
"They lashed out, consorting with darkness to kill me as well. But the youngest, the weakest, gave up their own being as a Celestial, and as a mortal, defeated them."
"In the end, it was his will, he could not stand being bound to another, unable to love mortals. But he did not wish to give up his wings either.."
"What is this hunger that drives you to consume and rend? Is it simple nature, or.."

Sol simply hugs them tighter to her immaterial soul..

Turn Four:

The unholy one's black spirit seems to recoil as the Light of Life shines deep within, but with an effort of will far beyond any mortal, it manages to wrench control of its physical form from Sol, Star of Magic, and lunges, tearing a thousand strings apart to sink a hundred flesh-flensing wires deep into the Goddess's rib cage and spine. The onslaught is enough to kill even the mightiest of mortals, but it merely deals a grievous wound to the deity.

She stands, stricken with incandescent agony, and it is all she can do to remain. The Yggdrasil tree is her only salvation, as the strings force the abomination to heel yet again, but as it is, she hangs onto life by the merest thread. Bygar's voice is mocking, even as it seethes with hate, and for the first time, Sol, Star of Magic feels truly mortal fear.

"WOEFUL, WRETCHED WITCH, I AM WROUGHT OF THE WHIRLWIND AND THINE HONEYED WORDS FALL UPON DEAF EARS! MINE HATE IS AS A THOUSAND JAGGED SWORD-SUNS, AND SO LONG AS THE VEIL OF STARS DOTH SHINE, IT SHALL NEVER FADE!"

Quote from:  Sol, Star of Magic
"Not yet... heh, you're not the only one to say that. you really are, like him.."
"Love, Hate, they are the same. I love my children, so.. I understand that hate.."

Staring into the Bane of Light's SOUL, she offers one last smile..
The entirety of Sol's SOUL shines as the tree darkens…

The Unseen Menace, (Slightly Wounded)(Immobile)
Sol, Light of Magic, (Grievously Wounded)

Turn Five:

The Star Goddess unleashes all that she was, all that she is, and all that she ever will be into a single, earth-shattering embrace of such potency the evil within the monster's soul is swept away, and in her loving arms, its murderous hate is broken, yet not shattered. Beyond its form, in the Observatory itself, the strings have gone dim, and fallen limp. Sol, Light of Life has aged a thousand centuries, and her face, once in the throes of vigorous youth, has decayed to the wrinkly, stooped visage of a grandmother's grandmother.

She collapses, wheezing from the exertion, and falls into a deep, dark slumber. The strings fade to nothing, and slowly but surely, the beast's invisible eyes open. Bygar stands, shakily rising to its feet, and snarls at the fallen deity. It steps forward, as if to feast upon her succulent flesh, but a hitherto unknown feeling stops it in its tracks, and its staggers away as if struck. It surveys the bloody ruin, the cringing Starnymp children, the shattered houses, and the rotting world-tree, and it recoils, numb to it all. Then, the weight of what its wrath has done falls like a meteor upon the scales of judgement, and it collapses, weeping in regret.

"W-WHAT... WHAT HAVE I DONE?!? THIS REMORSE... THE RUIN ALL AROUND ME... WOE BETIDE! MERCIFUL GODDESSES, STRIKE ME DOWN, FOR I DO NOT DESERVE TO LIVE!"

The Unseen Menace, (Slightly Wounded)(Guilty)
Sol, Light of Magic, (Grievously Wounded)(-8 Essence)(Comatose)

COMBAT END

Bygar, Bane of Light remains slumped over in The Observatory, mourning the massacre it has inflicted on the Starnymps.

Spoiler:  Lo, Divines! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Lo, Divine's Income (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Mortal Realm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Godly Planes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 03:19:08 pm by Ardent Debater »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2019, 03:11:35 pm »

"W-WHAT... WHAT HAVE I DONE?!? THIS REMORSE... THE RUIN ALL AROUND ME... WOE BETIDE! MERCIFUL GODDESSES, STRIKE ME DOWN, FOR I DO NOT DESERVE TO LIVE!"
"Nay I say valiant BYGAR, nay! Do not let this witch deceive you! By bringing her low you have done a great service to the Bubble! I can only hope that her humbling shall return her to her senses, and a behaviour befitting her divine stature! I applaud your efforts!"
Bygar, Bane of Light remains slumped over in The Observatory, mourning the massacre it has inflicted on the Starnymps.
"That you mourn this tragedy shows your character is far beyond that of the witch! To atone, simply guard the Starnymps for five generations!"
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 03:26:15 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2019, 03:16:30 pm »

"Nay I say valiant BYGAR, nay! Do not let this witch deceive you! By bringing her low you have done a great service to the Bubble! I can only hope that her humbling shall return her to her senses, and a behaviour befitting her divine stature! I applaud your efforts!"
"That you mourn this tragedy shows your character is far beyond that of the witch! To atone, simply guard the Starnymps for five generations!"
As the Market approaches the Observatory, it feels as if an invisible barrier blocks its entry. Clearly, Sol, Light of Magic doesn't permit her presence, and has made provisions to prevent it. The Market estimates the expenditure of 1 Essence, or the risk of slight damage will be necessary to enter the Comatose Goddess's realm.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2019, 03:18:49 pm »

As the Market approaches the Observatory, it feels as if an invisible barrier blocks its entry. Clearly, Sol, Light of Magic doesn't permit her presence, and has made provisions to prevent it. The Market estimates the expenditure of 1 Essence, or the risk of slight damage will be necessary to enter the Comatose Goddess's realm.
((Cancel))
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 03:25:56 pm by Demonic Spoon »

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2019, 03:52:30 pm »

Fanw would have, having watched what the other gods were doing, would believe now would be the time to teach her mortals something, that is, until she saw, and heard what happened, and then what Market said... "Great service?! Did you not see what it was doing?! I can understand that you dislike her after what happened but two wrongs don't make a right. What they did doesn't mean that its right to almost kill them,  and it is especially not right to kill so many of the innocent and even target them directly to lure Sol out to defend them, as I can see no other reason for such slaughter other than pure malice...Time will tell what caused this creature to come about and attack, and I hope it wasn't let in or created by one of you, but I am sorry to say I wouldn't be surprised to see my hopes dashed... Now, before something like this happens again I have one important request for you and Sol. Stop trying to kill each other! We have yet to even properly mold the world, and yet it seems some are hellbent on destroying it and each other already." Fanw was annoyed at all this conflict, why couldn't they just demand a payment of essence as a fine for damages and be done with it instead of escalating things?! And here she thought that everything was going to be fine and all the goddess and gods would work in peace for quite some time only a while ago...

She would try and not let it get to her, and would find herself in a much better mood teaching the Wolfkin Tannery, along with teaching them how to make better weaponry of the ranged verity.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 08, 2019, 04:37:17 pm »

"I have never tried to kill anyone, and don't appreciate your unfounded, false, accusations."

"While the death of the mortals was indeed a tragedy, the deaths of numerous of my own angels at the hands of Sol was also a tragedy."

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 08, 2019, 04:44:58 pm »

"You may not have but I wouldn't be surprised if what was sent after Sol and her children was not from one of your friends trying to take justice into their own hands. And I know, I never said Sol was completely innocent and without fault, I specifically said two wrongs don't make a right for a reason. This should have been simple and easy to deal with by having Sol pay you for damages, but now things have escalated when they really shouldn't have."
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 08, 2019, 04:59:50 pm »

[Pururu, the Smol One]

"Shouldn't we just..."
Pururu pops into the realm of Sol, and lays out a mattress, and puts Sol on it. It isn't an artifact or anything, it's just comfy.
Pururu then starts treating Sol. Using lots of silk bandages. In addition to 8 Essence.
"I will be trying to heal her."
Pururu also brought plenty of Purusians to help out. Patching up the goddess.
In fact, Pururu brought an entire population unit of Purusians to Sol's realm.
The Purusians roll around the rolls of bandages, and climb around Sol's body trying to wrap them around, in addition to tending to  any worries, such as replacing the wet cloth on her head. They're not sure why they put it there. But they had a feeling it might help. In fact, why did they use bandages if she has no visible wounds?
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2019, 05:05:58 pm »

"You may not have but I wouldn't be surprised if what was sent after Sol and her children was not from one of your friends trying to take justice into their own hands. And I know, I never said Sol was completely innocent and without fault, I specifically said two wrongs don't make a right for a reason. This should have been simple and easy to deal with by having Sol pay you for damages, but now things have escalated when they really shouldn't have."
"I did not ask or instigate anyone to take action against Sol, and thus this attack is unrelated to me, and the apology and damages I am still owed for their honourless attack on me."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 08, 2019, 05:57:11 pm »

Spend one action and 1? Essence to produce 0.4 units of Living Forges.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 06:08:08 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #89 on: February 08, 2019, 06:01:39 pm »

"Give me your hairs, your spit! Your grizzled hairballs yearning to breathe free, the retched refuse of your teeming mouth. Send these and share in the profits!!"

Action 1: Camelia collects a spit/hairball tithe from the Camels and saunters off to the Market to sell them.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8