Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Solei: Story of the Gods (Godgame)  (Read 1697 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Solei: Story of the Gods (Godgame)
« on: February 02, 2019, 12:13:42 pm »

Solei: a Story of the Gods

A new Story begins, the old Gone from the world. An empty void, an eternal darkness, waiting to be filled.

And so, the Six to answer The Golden Figure's Call, were brought forth to this desolate Canvas proper.

Illuminated by Solei's Light

The First to Answer, threads torn upon the Canvas, was Acter Nobody. The Second, Zelthen, so similar to Solei in appearance if not height, not far behind.

Gilgama, one of Roses and War, Hair bound in long braids, then appeared to Answer. And then Another, whom's name cannot be Translated upon these Threads.

Fifth, a Machine, Answered near too late, and Sixth, a Unique one, Abdasam, God of the Dead.

Three Others from Beyond, Two Ascendant Gods, and 1 Great One.

From the First Weave of the Void Era's End.

Cycle 1: The End of the Void

Darkness moves, and Light is spilled forth from the Groups' arrival.

"Sorry about that. Anyway, welcome to my Universe. Bit empty at the moment, isn't it.'

Putting her hands behind her back, she says,

"As a gift to you all for accepting, I'll go ahead and set you up to the Source. Though you will likely need to work together to make anything quickly."

She shrugs.

"Or you could just make a bunch of smaller stuff instead. Your choice, so long as you make this empty Void go away."

Putting a finger up to her mouth and tilting her head, she leaves you with some parting words...

"Feel free to come over and ask me any questions you need to back there. I'll be waiting."

And with that, the Darkness folds in on her, leaving a small distortion in space leading back to the Waiting Room.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 12:26:17 pm by TricMagic »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Solei: Story of the Gods (Godgame)
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 12:25:40 pm »

Current Hierarchy

------PRIMORDIAL GODS (1QE / 2GE)------
None

------MAJOR GODS (1GE / 1E)------
Acter Nobody, Ascended One  of Novelty, Protection, and the Arts (Glass)
Zelthen, Other One of Light, Order, & Purity (Ardent Debater)
Gilgama, Ascended One of Civilisation, Social Order, & Heroism (micelus)
Xizillix'gragoonshif, Other One of Warfare and Alcohol(Wine) (crazyabe)
Meta machine #112, Other One of Machines, Mecha, & God Killing Devices (dhr11897)
Abdasam, Great One of Death, Judgment and Truth (Rockeater)

------MINOR GODS (1E / 1LE)------
None

The Well of Prophecies

Spoiler: Active Prophecies (click to show/hide)

State of Solei

"I wonder what they will make... Eh, why is this pink?"
Strain: Low

Solei is still devoid of anything, other than the Void..

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 12:41:04 pm »

So, what’s the plan? Do we make a single planet or do we all just make our own moon-sized planet?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 01:19:59 pm »

All we need to make a world is 5 Essense to turn into a Quintessence, If five of us are willing to donate one Essense to turn into a world we could create a central point from which we could all work.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 05:53:30 pm »

"One planet for all! I'd willingly provide an essence for that, yes."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 06:04:34 pm »

We haur suggest each ay us takes up buildin' part ay th' universe- someain works oan th' planet- someain works oan th' moons, someain throws some glitter towards th' void an' calls it stars, we will wark oan th' sin. 'at way we'll hae everythin' in tois cycles.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 06:10:19 pm »

"I want an asteroid belt of worlds varying between the size of let's say a surfboard to the size of Africa, all connected through a plethora of dimensional gates. The gates are not at all showy and just look like black holes in reality. This will all count as one world at the end the day."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 06:46:58 pm »

Xizillix stares into the void- then pronounces a verdict upon the universe "Lass Licht und Nacht in einem sein - für eins wird alles Licht gewährt, das das Universum braucht."
and from his pronouncement he forged a Seed for the sun.
Spoiler: The Sun Seed (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2019, 06:57:53 pm »

I'll build a clockwork planet I guess
I pool my power for an abomination, the forger of worlds
Name: Forger of worlds
Description: A massive entity made of clockwork, massive arms and tentacles reaching away from a core of twisting metal.
Powers: Self improves, and forever grows, becoming larger and larger as time goes on, it also constructs clockwork worlds, ripping off pieces of itself in order to create spheres of clockwork that grow into moons, and slowly gain habitable surfaces.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2019, 09:25:11 pm »

So, a World comprised of numerous floating islands of sorts, all magically connected but not physically, and each with acting as an individual region? I believe that should be doable. I’m willing to put in my Greater and normal Essences for this; I’ll just need one more GE, or two EE, to make it.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2019, 09:53:51 pm »

"I suppose I can contribute my GE and E to it."
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2019, 11:34:01 am »

Only the Greater Essence is necessary, I fully assure you. I believe I should only need you to formally give it to me before I can create the World.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2019, 06:05:18 pm »

GiB GE=Acter
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2019, 11:28:14 pm »

First, Acter deconstructs his own GE and that given to him, and then reconstructs the resulting EE, along with the one he already had, into a Quintessence.
Second, he creates a World - the Archipelago - comprised of myriad “islands” all floating around in a sphere, with the area below being comprised of a sea of churning clouds, with occasional storms sending bolts of lightning upwards. Most of these islands are small - just large enough to build a house on - but some are as large as cities and countries, and three are as big as entire continents. Islands of different biomes can be found all throughout, and although islands of similar biomes tend to be found near each other (as weather does not care for the edges of rocks), it is still fully possible to find situations where a tropical forest and a frigid tundra float within meters of each other. A few islands are even more unusual, with some being comprised entirely of worked metals and containing ever-running cogwork, while others are absolutely saturated with one sort of magic or another, among other possible effects. The continent-islands and some of the larger country-islands are sizeable enough to sustain multiple environments. As of yet, none of it is inhabited by any more than the most basic of plantlife, but it holds great promise.
Does everyone find this to be sastisfactory and acceptable? That goes for you, too, Solei; I want to make sure that I’m not overstepping the bounds of what I can do in worldbuilding.
Also, when I was working in Ema’s domain, I was able to add a bound System to a World I was making for no extra cost. Is this an option available to myself?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 11:30:33 pm by Glass »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2019, 12:14:46 am »

"You know how I feel, Acter. In any case, I suppose I ought get some work done."

1E: Create the Scarab of Ur, a Heroic Artifact.

Code: [Select]
Name:The Scarab of Ur
Description: A short rod composed of lapiz lazuli and bronze, the tip of the rod has a scarab posed in lotus position.
Class: Heroic Artifact
Powers:
-The bearer of the Scarab inspires Loyalty in mortals and non-sapients in a Heroic-level radius around it.
-Greater Monsters/Abominations/Servants are inspired to act respectfully courteously to the bearer of the Scarab.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: [1] 2 3