Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Lo, Divines! (Ye Gods inspired God(ess) game) (10/10)(OOC Thread)  (Read 10272 times)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lo, Divines! (Ye Gods inspired God(ess) game) (9/10)(OOC Thread)
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2019, 11:55:48 am »

*type typedy type type* DONE
Nice.

---Stealing me the last spot, will fill in a sheet in a moment - just need to fill the Description in this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
out
IN, even if it isn't a Goddess.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lo, Divines! (Ye Gods inspired God(ess) game) (9/10)(OOC Thread)
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2019, 12:02:17 pm »

Hey, that's why I'm here, I heard there was a harem brewing, so while I was a genderless soul I slipped into this female-only pantheon! I am the master of loopholes!
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lo, Divines! (Ye Gods inspired God(ess) game) (10/10)(OOC Thread)
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2019, 12:29:30 pm »

Now, first thing's first I'mma say all the words inside my head let's cook up a race!

The Snakekin:
A race of humanoid upper bodies with a long, trailing tail like a snake, and bright, slitted pupils and forked tongues like their old brothers. Skilled in trickery, illusory magic, and stealth. Only problem, they tend to trust each other as much as other races... Very, very little. They don't go about killing each other, it's just that they rarely get together and mate, preferring to be alone.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2019, 01:06:30 pm »

Now, first thing's first I'mma say all the words inside my head let's cook up a race!

The Snakekin:
A race of humanoid upper bodies with a long, trailing tail like a snake, and bright, slitted pupils and forked tongues like their old brothers. Skilled in trickery, illusory magic, and stealth. Only problem, they tend to trust each other as much as other races... Very, very little. They don't go about killing each other, it's just that they rarely get together and mate, preferring to be alone.
That depends... How long do they live, how quickly do they reproduce, and are they venomous?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2019, 02:42:07 pm »

$$$PRICECHECK

Camels:
A race of proud, beautiful camelfolk who love deserts, traveling (preferably single-file), and fighting non-Camels. They see other races as inferior but are nevertheless generally willing to put up with them long enough to sell expensive, finely made camel products such as camel spit, which is reputed to have healing properties, and camel hairballs, which are said to have ward against evil.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2019, 02:58:33 pm »

$$$PRICECHECK

Camels:
A race of proud, beautiful camelfolk who love deserts, traveling (preferably single-file), and fighting non-Camels. They see other races as inferior but are nevertheless generally willing to put up with them long enough to sell expensive, finely made camel products such as camel spit, which is reputed to have healing properties, and camel hairballs, which are said to have ward against evil.

Assuming their physical attributes are relatively human, barring devastating Camel kicks their stats are as follows:

Alignment:

Camels (+3)
War (+1)

Population Expansion:
+2

Combat Effectiveness:
3, as opposed to 2, due to Camelia's War sphere.

They will cost 4 Essence per Population unit, yield +2 Essence Income, and grow +0.2 Population units per Tick.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2019, 03:50:03 pm »

$$$ Pricecheck
I'm thinking I want to make a pretty powerful race to start, I don't plan on making another unless these somehow go poorly, so I'm willing to put in the extra essence to make them above average.

Nauts

Nauts are subterranean axolotl/salamander people. They stand about 10 feet tall and are quite strong. Unlike normal axolotls they do not need to be near water to survive, but can breathe water or air, preferring air. All nauts have black skin, but this black backround is splattered with various inherited designs of bright colors, reds, greens, blues, yellows, all bright colors are potentially present. It is an individual's natural coloration distribution which differentiates individuals and it's how they identify eachother. Many of these colors can be biolumanescent. About one in ten are born with external lungs. The nauts lay eggs, laying up to 30 at a time. They live for 100-120 years. The Nauts are well suited to life underground. They are able to see in pitch dark as well as in normal light. They are a powerful race, combining strength and dexterity with a love of art, craftsmanship, and writing/poetry. They tend to keep to themselves, but are welcoming of outsiders who visit their lands. The Nauts are omnivores, they enjoy farming, magic, and hunting in equal measure.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 03:56:41 pm by Roboson »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2019, 03:51:52 pm »

Starnymps, Mortal

A race with hands, feet, fur on their arms and legs, and bunny ears and bunny tail. A silver light glows from their body in lines. Abut 5'0 to 5'6 on average adults.

Ability: Natural Talent with Celestial Magic and Wind Magic. Good at reading the stars. Nimble/Quick. Good Pop Growth rate. Good Awareness Boost, from both ears and mana sense.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 08:33:43 am by TricMagic »

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2019, 04:01:08 pm »

Hallucinogenic venom, a really long time compared to most mortal races, and they rarely reproduce, maybe like 1 birth a year per 100 Snakekin. Like I said, pairings between them are rare.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2019, 04:07:16 pm »

$$$ Pricecheck
I'm thinking I want to make a pretty powerful race to start, I don't plan on making another unless these somehow go poorly, so I'm willing to put in the extra essence to make them above average.

Nauts

Nauts are subterranean axolotl/salamander people. They stand about 10 feet tall and are quite strong. Unlike normal axolotls they do not need to be near water to survive, but can breathe water or air, preferring air. All nauts have black skin, but this black backround is splattered with various inherited designs of bright colors, reds, greens, blues, yellows, all bright colors are potentially present. It is an individual's natural coloration distribution which differentiates individuals and it's how they identify eachother. Many of these colors can be biolumanescent. About one in ten are born with external lungs. The nauts lay eggs, laying up to 30 at a time. The Nauts are well suited to life underground. They are able to see in pitch dark as well as in normal light. They are a powerful race, combining strength and dexterity with a love of art, craftsmanship, and writing/poetry. They tend to keep to themselves, but are welcoming of outsiders who visit their lands. The Nauts are omnivores, they enjoy farming, magic, and hunting in equal measure.

These are quite substantial, and may prove to be quite costly, but if you think you can stomach it, their stats are:

Alignment:
Caves (+3)
Life (+1)

Population Expansion:
+4

Combat Effectiveness:

They'll cost 14 Essence per Population unit, yield 2 Essence income, and grow +0.4 Population units per Tick. To purchase them, Guar will either have to wait awhile, or take out a loan.

Starnymps, Mortal

A race with hands, feet, fur on their arms and legs, and bunny ears and bunny tail. A silver light glows from their body in lines. Abut 5'0 to 5'6 on average adults.

Ability: Natural Talent with Celestial Magic and Wind Magic. Good at reading the stars. Nimble/Quick. Good Pop Growth rate.

In comparison to the previous, these are quite modest, and shouldn't cost much.

Alignment:
Star Magic (+2)
Light of Life (+2)

Population Expansion:
+3

Combat Effectiveness:
1, at least until Celestial and Wind Magic are made.

They'll cost 4 Essence per Population unit, yield +2 Essence Income, and grow at a rate of +0.3 Population per Tick.

Hallucinogenic venom, a really long time compared to most mortal races, and they rarely reproduce, maybe like 1 birth a year per 100 Snakekin. Like I said, pairings between them are rare.
In that case, their stats are:

Alignment:
Illusions (+1)
Trickery (+3)

Population Expansion:
+1

Combat Effectiveness:

They'll cost 4 Essence per Population unit, yield +2 Essence Income, and grow at a rate of +0.1 per Tick.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 04:14:11 pm by Ardent Debater »

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2019, 04:34:45 pm »

Spoiler: Race 2: The Wolfkind (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 04:36:21 pm by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2019, 04:43:36 pm »

Spoiler: Race 2: The Wolfkind (click to show/hide)
These are quite reasonable, and with a dual-effort, achievable. Their stats are:

Alignment:
Soft (+4)
Hunting (+4)

Population Expansion:
+3

Combat Effectiveness:
3, it would be larger, but ferocity and ambush tactics discounted, they're quite small.

They would cost 8 Essence per Population unit, yield +4 Essence Income, and grow at a rate of +0.3 per Tick.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 04:45:37 pm by Ardent Debater »

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2019, 01:03:41 am »

Time for a fairily small new race to be evaluated.

Spoiler: Race 3: The Fairies (click to show/hide)
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2019, 01:32:02 am »

Time for a fairily small new race to be evaluated.

Spoiler: Race 3: The Fairies (click to show/hide)

Since you said these were cat-sized in the Discord, their stats are:

Alignment:
Small, (+2)
Beauty, (+4)

Population Expansion:
+2

Combat Effectiveness:

They will cost 4 Essence per Population unit, yield 3 Essence Income, and grow at a rate of +0.2 per Tick. The Essence Income is by default, slanted to Endaera over Pururu at a 2:1 ratio, but you can change this at your leisure.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2019, 01:04:45 pm »

Pricecheck:

The Living Forges

Sets of multiple wheels of living metal whose inner and outer rims are completely covered in eyes. At their centers rest a singing fire that is their soul and heart. They float through the air and can move metal objects through their metalkinesis. Metal can be moved into their corefire and there melted and forged with exquisite skill and craftsmanship. The Living Forges then often use these metal implements to carry out other tasks, like cutting down trees or mining for ore.

They must consume fuel to feed their fire and stay alive, as well as burn brightly to forge metals. The Living Forges grow larger over time, and are theoretically ageless, but often die as they grow older, due to their flames expiring from strain of keeping their giant bodies going if they do not manage themselves well. Still particularly long lived, and this allows them to hone their craft and and forge ever larger and grander metal implements.

Their fires are vulnerable to extinguishing, and thus they will try to avoid rain or other inclement weather.

The Living Forges form tight-knight groups of direct relatives, like the hubs and spokes of a wheel, and will go wherever the fuel and metal is most plentiful, or trade for them as needed.

The act of forging is itself a form of worship to Luda, but additional rituals take the form of trade for Market, and the ritual consumption of large quantities of fuel beyond what is normally conformatable or the sacrifice of metal and fuel by burying it in the ground.

The Living Forges find some forms of fuel more appealing and will seek them out when possible, such is luxury woods of incenses. They have some potential as cooks with their fine fire control.

Life and Death among the Living Forges is something of a cycle. When a Living Forge dies, their soul-flame flickering out for whatever reason, their wheeled bodies are added to one of their metal pillars of the dead, there to be venerated and mourned.

When loving Forge couples join their wheels together so their soul flames can touch, they can imbue smelted metal with that special something that makes it come alive and form a new soulforged, with it's flame being kindled from their shared joining. It is preferred to almost exclusively use the metal of former Living Forges for this, but if such is not available, others can be substituted, and often forms something of regionally ethnicities depending on what metals are available.

When two Forges touch their soul-flames together to make their offspring, the wheels begin to float around this new center. When they once more separate, some of the wheels split in half along the rim, meaning they gain additional, weaker wheels during the process that must be nurtured back to full strength.

Care must be taken to not gain to many wheels lest the forge smother their inner fire. Some prolific Forges might even take the drastic step of mutilating themselves to remain alive

As wheels it is perhaps obvious to say that the Forges can, in times of need or danger, roll along the ground at great speeds instead of their customary hovering, though this is uncomfortable for their many eyes.

Preferences: High combat power, decent alignment with angels and forges.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 01:09:11 pm by Demonic Spoon »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8