Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: Between the Rivers: Gods Adrift [IC]  (Read 22464 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Between the Rivers: Gods Adrift [IC]
« Reply #225 on: December 24, 2019, 09:43:34 pm »

Spoiler: Cultures (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 01:14:27 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 24, 2019, 10:04:04 pm »

Spoiler: Player Entities (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 01:29:11 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 24, 2019, 10:07:36 pm »

« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 12:42:32 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 24, 2019, 10:08:38 pm »

Spoiler: Polities (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 10:25:31 pm by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 24, 2019, 10:11:32 pm »

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 04:48:30 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 25, 2019, 03:31:20 am »

Basderieen Imbues 2 CP into the disciple Augljós Sjónarhorn, empowering them into a champion of his cause, before sending a (admittedly rather loud) whisper to their ears...
"Please, make some effort NOT to slay the Durhamites immediately after the battle, it would be a stain upon this ones honor."
Next they Grant them a 6 DP Accoutrement, Death Knell
They then turn their mind's eye upon his great temple in anka, where he sees a Fox thing speaking in a language none of his people speak, begging any god that listens to save them from being sacrificed... he obliges, and tells the poor creature it will be his, and it will bring a message of death to those who support the gods that deny him, starting with one that steals what does not belong to them. . . the blade comes down, and his severed head flies off, but he does not bleed blood, his body bleeds blue flames that quickly gathered upon the altar, consuming his remains and reforming into monstrous form, a form sent by the badger god himself [2CP, 1 ESSENCE]
Finally they Attempt to mark all the sands in the lands both directly to his to the East and South as materials for 'the tower' as well as a majority of the water in one tile of the river to the north of Allwissendes Auge's lands.

Spoiler: Augljós Sjónarhorn (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Death Knell (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Messenger of Pain (click to show/hide)
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 04:23:42 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 25, 2019, 04:50:30 pm »

[Vulpes Grande]
CP: 3+1 (2/3 battery), DP: 2 (2/6 battery), Essence: 1

The sand reddens, and out of it rises a figure of red sand, a fox that walks on two. In one hand, is the Dexter Manus, the scepter of creation, in the other is the Sinister Brachión, the staff of destruction. Vulpes Grande has risen once more.
Vulpes Grande gazes among the Canach, they have succeeded in their task, they have cultivated the Bloodberry Bushes. Vulpes Grande considers speaking unto them once more, but  Vulpes Grande has grand plans, and speech is therefore spared.

Vulpes Grande waves the Dexter Manus, and sand moves, blows, soon engulfing a hundred Canach, using 2 CP to create the Canach Terra.
The Canach emerge from the sand, they're fine, in fact the sand dances around them at their whim, until the power of creation fades, and they have to make an active effort in order to animate the sands. Their manipulation is based on surface area, so they control many grains of sand with greater ease than a single rock with the same total weight.
Then, the sand rumbles.

Vulpes Grande plants the Sinister Brachión into the ground, and using 4 DP, an obelix emerges from the sand, made of pristine white stone. The Elemental Monolith.
The faces activate in order, the Canach Ignis flicker with embers, upon the sudden application of the full effect. The Canach Terra has the sand tremble around them, but nothing is felt when the Aqua and Aer faces activate. This effect will leave when they leave the hex, and will come back when they re-enter. But the effect isn't as sudden as the monument's activation, so they wont be flickering with flame every time they enter.

Vulpes Grande trusts the Canach to understand who gave them this gift, for they did succeed in Vulpes Grande's task.

But Vulpes Grande wants a greater civilization, and these... foxes, the feral ones, just wont do. Besides, there have been sacrifices of Canach by other gods, perhaps a little poison would deter them from wine, a most sweet poison indeed, for Vulpes Grande will give them what they want, while dealing with the diluted Canach blood.
Vulpes Grande uses 4 CP and 1 Essence to alter the remaining normal Canach in the hex to be more suited for their task.
These Canach will thrive where they used to struggle, and will be ideal for spreading Canach-kind among the dunes, and beyond. They are the most lesser yet also the most important of all the Canach, becoming the bedrock upon which all Canach civilization is built.

Vulpes Grande trusts the Canach's urges will be sufficient to make them spread, and their rapid reproduction rate and low food consumption should be highly attractive to anyone seeking them as sacrificial lambs. But their understanding and intelligence will be the trap, for no language barrier will keep them ignorant for long. That, and it's easier to give new generations the teachings of Vulpes Grande when they learn language so fast, which should help grow Vulpes Grande's influence.

But now, Vulpes Grande tires, and the statue grows ebon, before crumblling.
CP: 0 (0/3 battery) DP: 0 (0/6 battery) Essence: 0

Edit: Cancelling all 3 actions.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 12:38:26 am by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 26, 2019, 04:44:23 am »

[Vulpes Grande]
CP: 3+1 (2/3 battery), DP: 2 (2/6 battery), Essence: 1

Vulpes Grande plants Sinister Brachión into the sand, the sand trembles and starts to move, engulfing half the Canach Ignis.
2 DP is used to alter the engulfed Canach Ignis into Canach Terra.
The Canach Terra emerge from the sand, it dances around them at their whim. It is a temporary boost, and soon further sand animation requires conscious effort.
Their fur is no longer golden, and instead dark, quite earthen. They will find sand easier to manipulate than rocks, making their domain the sands, not mountain or soil. As reward for completing their task, they are now masters of the desert, and this ability can be used to impede beasts, opening them up for a kill, which will see the Canach become mighty predators of the desert.

Then, Vulpes Grande waves the Dexter Manus around, and sparkles swirls, before Vulpes Grande flicks the sparkles at all the mundane Canach, the First Canach.
2 CP is used to alter the First Canach in the hex into Second Canach.
The Second Canach find themselves seemingly normal, but they soon find all meals to be more filling and hunger slower to emerge, without a doubt, they have become blessed. And if they continue to fornicate with non-Canach, they will find that even more offspring are sapient, or ones who's offspring will be sapient.

But their true purpose is more sinister. They will be the sweetest poison to deter the overindulgence of the wine that is Canach sacrifice. For their rapid propagation will be highly attractive to those who see them as mere livestock, only to realize the danger when they let out their Doomed Yelp, making the other caged Canach become frenzied, trying to attack or escape. They also make good early colonizers, becoming the bedrock upon which the greater Canach will make civilization. They may be the most lesser, but they're also the most important.

But while Vulpes Grande has ensured the physical bedrock, of Canach blood, the intellectual bedrock is still lacking. The Canach are capable, thanks to the magic, but lack knowledge and are even seduced by it, preferring life as slaves over lives as citizens, they are unaware of the degeneracy other civilization engage in. Vulpes Grande cannot teach them all this lesson, but can make someone who will do it for them.
But a Canach's form is limited, yet Vulpes Grande doesn't want the Canach alienated, so Vulpes Grande decides to cheat, making someone with both Canach form and non-Canach form, shifting between them. The non-Canach form is obvious, human, they will not learn much of human society as a Canach, as they are seen as slaves and cannot speak their language. So Vulpes Grande scours Anka, looking for someone who has witnessed the degeneracy the Ankans engage in, until Vulpes Grande finds a human girl, someone who helps at minor tasks, yet has glimpsed many a degenerate act, but had to stay silent for their own safety. Then the second is a female Canach, one who knows of Vulpes Grande, and who knows how to get back to Cana, or at least knows the legend to follow.
Through circumstance and forced movement, the two end up close, and then Vulpes Grande gets to work.

Using 2 CP and 1 Essence, total of 3 CP, Vulpes Grande combines a human handmaiden and a female Canach, to become the Champion Magus Cognitionis, who emerges in Anka.

The perfe-
Vulpes Grande gives Magus Cognitionis a cloak, with a hood that covers her Canach ears.
The perfect information gatherer. Shape shifting between an inconspicuous and a stealthy form, doesn't get obstructed by pregnancy, has great combat power through the 4 elements, can phase through house walls, and can keep information sources alive, even free them.

Vulpes Grande scans the deserts around Cana, looking for something, until Vulpes Grande lays eyes upon a human nomad, a girl, who's been through some rough straights, not very knowledgable, but one who can talk the human tongue, and wont be captured as a pet.
Vulpes Grande uses 2 CP and 1 E to turn this human into a Champion, who shall be named Magus Cognitionis.
This human will be the perfect teacher, telling the Canach about the technology of the world, while also warning them of the degeneracy that occurs out there.

Vulpes Grande smiles. The bedrock of blood and knowledge for the Canach civilization has been set, surely when Vulpes Grande returns, they will be a proper civilization.
Vulpes Grande's sand grows ebon, before crumbling.
CP: 0 (2/3 battery), DP: 0 (2/6 battery), Essence: 0

Edit: Added two traits to Magus Cognitionis.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 11:07:52 am by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 26, 2019, 11:18:26 pm »

Sarkyran thus woke once more, and saw plenty more work to do. Not least was the blasphemy of the shores across the river. But all plans considered, he needed more reach, a longer and greater grasp.

Action 1: Thus Sarkyran makes the Antenna, to bolster his capacity to reach out and bless and smite, so that he may bring more gifts unto his followers and deliver holy wrath upon his foes.
Spoiler: Antenna of Attunement (click to show/hide)
Free Action: Counter Basderieen's & The Shattered Statue's attempts at Marking within influence range
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 02:36:56 am by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 28, 2019, 11:11:59 am »

Saltra looks for potential worshippers
Action 1: Saltra moves to s2,s2,s2,s2,s2,s2,s6,s6
Action 2: Saltra uses 2 CP to create a source of freshwater
Action 3: Accoutrements/Natural Wonder (for accoutrements creation, PLEASE USE THIS SHEET. OTHERWISE YOU WILL BE BEATEN WITH THE HOLY BEATSTICK OF CHAOS. Minimum cost of 1Power.)
Cost: 2DP
Name: Flippers of Rationality
Appearance:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They are blue shoes that can be worn. They look like duck feet. The size changes depending on who wears them
Purpose: The wearer of these will no longer have distracting thoughts. The effect lasts until the flippers are taken off
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 06:27:32 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 28, 2019, 07:12:56 pm »

opps
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 29, 2019, 01:18:06 am »

The Silver-Tongue is transferred to the Shattered Statue

Action 1: Hearing the whispers of a distant temple promising great riches, the Shattered Statue folds themselves inside out and emerges above the Temple of Enki, claiming it as their own!

Consume the Mantle of the Trickster-Smith

Action 2: [7 DP 1 CP] Within the strange halls of the Temple of Enki, the Shattered Statue discovers a mysterious substance, the Primordial Water. Struck by inspiration he takes it half of the primordial water into his being and remakes it into a great heart bursting with vitality.

Name: Gist of God
Appearance: A great pumping mess of bronze clockwork and primordial water which replaces the bearer's heart if any.
Purpose: It fills the body of its wielder with life-giving primordial water [+4 Wounds, +3 PS, +1 SP]
He drinks the other half of the Primordial Water

Free Action: The Shattered Statue holds court.

Action 3: [2cp] Upgrade Murdus to a Champion

The Statue did take note that Murdus has begun radiating an aura not quite mortal. It feels similar to his (her?) own.
"Murdus, I congratulate you on your becoming."

"Oh also, hold still, this next bit might hurt a bit."

Name: Murdus
Appearance: A darkskinned human youth with eyes of gleaming bronze and a smile full of sharp teeth.
Personality [optional]: Murdus finds herself loving statues, and wishing to make more of them. She reacts aggressively to threats, and wishes to destroy them.
PHYS: PS: 4 (+4) AS: 2
SPIR: EGO: 0 (+2) SS: 0 (+2) W: 1 (+2)
Myths:
Myth of Veritable Ascendance (Is highly associated with the divine, +1 W, +2 EGO, +1 SS)
Myth of Savagery (Is associated with reckless combat styles, ruthlessness)
Initiative: High
Commandments:
1. Thou shalt spread the worship of the Shattered Statue among the many peoples far and wide, and maintain among the people the continued worship towards him(her?).
2. Thou shalt defend the faithful worshippers of the Shattered Statue from attack and kidnapping and other harm.
3. Blood shalt be spilt to the glory of the Shattered Statue, the sacrifice of lives. Blood and souls are demanded by the Hungry Statue, and must be given.
4. Make wondrous statues greater than those of any mortal sculptor.
5. Thou shalt keep for thyself a cadre of apprentice sculptors at all times in order that all may know the glory that is statuary.

Traits:
- Murdus has an innate knack for sculpting various raw materials into exquisite sculptures.
- Murdus can eat the flesh of humans and elephants and vomit it up as a mercury like substance that can be sculpted into statues by the power of her mind before hardening into a solid mercury shape.
- Murdus can telekinetically control her mercury vomit sculptures with her will, allowing her to use them as weapons or tools of utility, like mercury knife swarms.
- Murdus' mercury vomit can slowly over a period of years cure the mental and physical wounds of Nusku if given to him to eat.

Misc:
-Lugal of the Eight Great Tribes of Ulkai

Assets:
Bronze Heart of Power (+1SS, +4PS, +1W)

Declare Roc my messenger, tasked with announcing my will to my worshippers, and of delivering my messages to entities beyond my influence.
Mark all Flintians I can reach, their ducks as well as the Lady of the Tides as material for the Tower Construction.
Mark all the warriors, horses and leaders of the League of Sixteen as material for Tower Construction.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 06:03:45 am by Demonic Spoon »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 29, 2019, 01:19:21 am »

(3 CP) Metalhand, feeling it urgent to claim the Temple of Enki and the mantle therein, selects from among those Durhamites who have explored it a champion:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Apologies for the short notice, but I require the Temple of Enki claimed swiftly. Basderieen has informed his representatives that we are to be permitted, without further conflict, to claim this site, in exchange for some of the products being shared with him. Act quickly, before the opportunity is missed.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 01:50:02 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 29, 2019, 01:55:13 am »

Move along citizen, nothing to see here.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 02:43:20 pm by Demonic Spoon »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 29, 2019, 01:55:44 am »

The Shattered Statue moved with divine speed and delivered itself unto the Temple of Enki. It consecrated the temple in its own name. Queerly, did the temple glow and hum, and shiver.

As she (he?) whirled the dance of taking, the Statue felt the inherent power of the Temple flow into the inner shell of his (her?) soul.

The mortals, engaged in the life of conflict and study, who did inhabit the temple felt a great shudder. The shamans of the Badger-Faced God and the Crafting-Lord feel the shadows of their gods dwindle in this land and feel the veil of another upon the whole of the temple-complex.

Basderieen and Metalhand feel their influence quiver in the temple-complex of Enki; they feel the dominion of Another over the temple.

The Temple of Enki has been claimed by the Shattered Statue.

You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17