Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: Between the Rivers: Gods Adrift [IC]  (Read 22473 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Between the Rivers: Gods Adrift [IC]
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2019, 02:19:43 am »

Metalhand’s first action was to tidy up the patch of forest around and in the Maker’s Place, simplifying the foliage to generic “wood”, suitable for construction and crafting as all wood is.
Finally, he waits for mortals to arrive at his abode so that he may speak with them.

A group of naked humans wander into Metalhand's grove, as they had before and perhaps will do again. They look perplexed, perhaps at all the changes.
*Metalhand is in the process of making some of the Maker’s Tools using his own personal hammer when the people arrive; he looks up at them and those that are complete, as well as the instruments that remain from when the Maker’s Place was still in use, float up around Metalhand*
Hail! Welcome to the Maker’s Place, and my domain as a whole. *makes an appraising look at the humans before him* Hmn... you don’t look particularly malnourished, and none of you seem to be crippled. I think you may be a good start.
How would you lot like to learn the divine art of craftsmanship?

Metalhand will spend time teaching any willing mortals how to better create tools, both with the materials they have access to as well as letting them watch as he makes his own Tools.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2019, 05:05:49 am »

"They are nomads, but those who have come here don't oft need travel far; this place has enough food and only a moderate amount of danger. They live good lives, assuming they grow to adulthood. For the most part, they hunt and they gather using stonework and the like. Seeking good stone is the only reason any of them leave this place."

"If it is stone they are after, I believe I may provide that with abundance. Thank you for your assistance helper."

Action 1: Sarkyran creates a deposit of flint near his stone for 2 CP, enabling the local nomads to more easily settle down into a sedentary lifestyle, as well as ensuring that they do know that he exists in physical form.

Action 2: Sarkyran takes one of the wild dogs in the region, and modifies them to serve as a suitable guardian for his physical form. Whilst not physically imposing, this small dog is far more sturdier and stronger than any other. 1 CP.

Action 3: Sarkyran notifies the local tribes, to the best of his ability, about the new abundance of tool-grade stone and that it is he who brings forth such material. So long as the humans give proper reverence to him, they may take what flint they need. Also to respect the small dog guarding him, lest said dog bite important body parts off.

Spoiler:  Sarkyran's beast (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 04:24:26 am by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2019, 05:39:58 am »

As always Midan had seen, and as always Midan had sought, and as always Midan had been there; and as always Midan had gathered all the life, all the mountain-peoples together, lo, even the whales, and as always Midan had drawn them to his fiery breast and Midan had said, I am the Speaker and the Spoken, I am glory and heart of flame, and the one who trusts in me shall live. And the Midan had said again, I am the Speaker and the Spoken, and the Keeper of each life, and Friend to whoever fears or toils. And finally Midan had said, as always, I am the Speaker and the Spoken, and my hearth warms all who keep faith, and my covenant guards the humble.

Talking to mortals. As well as nonsapient beasts, for Midan does not judge lives by their understanding.

And Midan had promised the living things a prophet to lead them in their worship, and to maintain them on the path of Midan; and Midan had issued to all the living things a challenge, saying, the one whose faith and fire is strongest, the one whose courage and cunning most availing, shall be my agent forevermore, and teach all the peoples my ways. And many had come before the Midan seeking to test themselves, showing their prowess, that they may be accepted as followers of Midan; and Midan had given each his due praise, and named them all righteous disciples, but there had surely been one in particular who had stood out from all others, and this one Midan declared the Fire-marked. And Midan had taken a sharp stick, and had placed it into the fire; and Midan had branded the One who was chosen, verily upon the forehead and upon each limb. Thus the Fire-marked had Midan given to the people.

Empowering a Champion from a mortal (3CP).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This accomplished, the Midan had thrown the flaming brand to the ground, where it had struck the stone and was transformed. This Midan had given to the Fire-marked as a gift and as an obligation.

Creating an Accoutrement (1DP)

And then the Midan had learned that ingress is a free action, and decided to try ingressing too! Just to see what it's like.

And Midan had done his work and slept.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 04:15:01 am by Maximum Spin »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2019, 06:26:55 am »

The Shattered Statue came to life, or perhaps merely awoke, just north of the city of Err. Upon the flat floodplains of the great river Err, one could easily see the ruined spires and ziggurats of the city that once was. Not that this meant anything to the Statue. It's memory of the city, if it ever had any, was quite blank. What mattered most to it was its own repair. For now however, it scoped its surroundings. It felt Life nearby, of the intelligent variety. Furless bipeds that fed upon the bounty of the river, and sometimes created that bounty themselves. A voice, who it knew as a Helper somehow, told him (her?) that they were humans. The Helper Kyrie told them that they were primitive beings only knowing of stonework that lived with nature. As for other creatures, the Statue sensed all sorts of small creatures writhing in the floodplains. Insects, spiders, jellyfish, frogs, mice, rivercats...even larger creatures such as elephants, great goats or pigs. The Helper reminded the Statue that if they needed any help identifying any other life forms, she would be happy to comply.

One: The Shattered Statue walked among the tribes of the humans and spoke with them, "Lo, I challenge thee to a race of speed. If any of thy number can defeat me, thy shall all be granted immortality. If none can, then you must all serve and worship me for I am divine and swift."

If the humans refuse the challenge or fail to honour the terms of the race when the Shattered Statue inevitably wins, turn them all into stone. If the Shattered somehow loses, also turn them to stone, because they probably cheated and being turned to stone is technically immortality. [4 DP for entire hex]

Two: The Shattered Statue saw that the humans were weak and useless, and scorned them. He walked among the mighty elephants and spoke with them and wrestled with them until they submitted to him, and did his bidding to plow the fields for the humans, and move rocks for them so they could build structures.

Three: A great competition of sculptors was arranged among the Shattered's new worshippers to determine who are the greatest sculptors among them. Once the Shattered Statue has judged their crude junk, the two best shall be empowered as Disciples of the Shattered [2 CP]

OR: If the Shattered had turned all the humans of this hex to stone, he shall instead make for himself a diadem of ivory to adorn his brow and a bronze gauntlet to bolster the might of his fist. [2 cp]

Disciples orders:
1 & 1 : Spread the worship of Shattered Statue among the nearby tribes.
2 & 2 : Seek out the rumoured Dreamcrocodiles of the River Err and tame them for use as mounts and companions.
3 & 3 : Plunge into the city of Err to recover lost fragments of the Shattered Statue. Rewards await the successful.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 05:25:39 am by Demonic Spoon »

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2019, 07:05:43 am »

[Vulpes Grande, God of Civilization]

Beneath the scorching sun, sits Vulpes Grande. How did it get here? Is it a remnant of civilization long past?
No matter, for Vulpes Grande finds the sun's rays uncomfortable, as does it find the wear of sand. Chipping away grains of it's body.
This will not do, Vulpes Grande looks upon the lands. Dead lands, but with sparks of life. A lizard, a shrub, and ants. Not much, but you got to start somewhere.

"With little water, little life can be sustained. Ground too loose, cannot sustain shelter."
Vulpes Grande's eyes glow, and with 2 Points of Creative Power, an Aquafier is formed, underground.

"Shrub feeds on sunlight. Ants feeds on Shrub. Lizard feeds on Ants. The circle of life, but oh so brittle."
Vulpes Grande's eyes glow once more, and with 1 Point of Creative Power, patches of soil starts to form. Better able to draw water from below than sand can. Making an area that is merely arid, a desert no more.

"Now, I am exhausted by creation. Action remains, but destruction not yet needed. Sustain."
Vulpes Grande's body glows, and using 1 Point of Destructive Power, an Accoutrement is formed.
The Sinister Digitus is then grasped in Vulpes Grande's left paw, which forms a hand, grasping it securely.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 07:17:59 am by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2019, 08:13:06 am »

ptw
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2019, 09:41:23 am »

Tala engaged with her Helper--who she knew had the name of Kyrie, and had very esoteric thoughts, much like the thoughts that composed herself--and found that there were humans milling about and curious of her presence.

She decided to speak with them, and to first converse with the being most aligned with her perspective and benevolence towards the world. They would be able to guide and prepare the people for the time to come.

1st Action: Tala picks a Champion from the humans--someone she hoped best could be entrusted with guiding the people (and forming the foundations of Canada an organized community around {this hex}. This was a curious person, who had been one of the first to approach her.

Spoiler: Human Champion (click to show/hide)

2nd Action: Engage with the humans: Talk with them, teach them the use of archery or the spear/staff--the bow from wood or bamboo, and to use their knowledge with these teachings to both build and defend themselves. Much of the teaching is more engagement much like a beneficent protector--they can all just go to my area for protection, shade, shelter, and guidance. Oh also do they know fire? Let's get them to know fire too. :v Because I've a champion to help!
Spoiler: If fluff helps (click to show/hide)

Free Ingress with Champion! Add knowledge gained to Talk action!

3rd Action: TAME THE MARSHCOWS and hopefully other predators in the area, that through my talk action and their taming, people will establish a mutual relationship with them and other predators in the lands
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 05:00:19 am by Tiruin »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2019, 10:24:11 am »

Fu is slightly stuned by the amount of life in the area, and suitable awed by the mortals.

"Wonder what it's like."

Observe the humans going about their lives.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2019, 05:58:24 pm »

Fu takes a few moments to observe.

Humans seem to spend most of their time as roving bands, probably family groups that occasionally meet up and herd with related family groups. Most time is spent either eating, looking for food or otherwise spending time around the fire. Some go about collecting things that catch their attention, or do some actual work. They craft stone tools, work with bone or horn, even making rudimentary clothes from hides. Sometimes a human is attacked or even eaten by another organism, sometimes the human is the one doing the attacking or eating.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2019, 07:16:24 pm »

"They don't have much reason to be festive, do they.."

... "Well, let's help them."

Minor Accoutrement. These grant 1 stat boots or have a minor utility like ensuring loyalty in weak minions: 1CP.

The Staff of Deduction

A Staff made of Iron. It's heavy enough to be used as a bludgeoning tool, though that isn't it's actual use. The one holding the Staff naturally knows how to create new and better tools from what they already have, or even new ones. They also are better at running a tribe, and organizing things.
This isn't a bunch of different effects, but rather one. The Holder's own ability to Deduce things from Preexisting Knowledge will improve over time. And the smarter the wielder, the more effective the boosts. The ability to make connections from what you already know.

The Whispering Stones of Wind

Whispering stones, the wind blows through them, creating a melody. Those that listen to this melody have their own intelligence increased, if only very slowly. This is pretty much permanent, but it should help with survival. Though the Melody can only increase intelligence by a base amount for each person, and they must be sapient to receive the effect.

Fu uses two actions to do so, creating the Staff of Deduction planted by it's base in the ground, and surrounding it with the Whispering Stones in her current Hex.

Bless/Curse (Majr) hex: 6CP/4DP.

Curse of Eternal Winds

No matter the situation, the winds always blow in this hex. It's quite breezy around here. The air will never be calm.
Granted, it never gets to the point where a house would be blown down, but still... For obvious reasons, this affects the tiles surrounding this Hex by proxy, since the winds go into the other tiles' area, and shape the movement of the air itself. That can certainly be considered destruction, the destruction of the ability for the air to be still.

aeaaa..."I'm a bit.. sleepy... I think I'll nap a while."

Fu sleeps around the Whispering Stones.

Actions

Code: [Select]
Accouterment
Name: The Staff of Deduction
Appearance: It's a staff with rings attached around into it's central ring. It's also made of this Iron Stuff, so... Guess you could bash something with it..
Purpose:The Holder's own ability to Deduce things from Preexisting Knowledge will improve over time. And the smarter the wielder, the more effective the boosts. The ability to make connections from what you already know. This improvement is permanent, even if they lose/let go of the staff.

Accoutrement
Name: The Whispering Stones of Wind
Appearance: Rounded stones, square stones, quite a few stones, all with a hole or two through them with a decorative edge around it that looks like lines of wind. They seem to sound out a Melody together when it's windy. Pretty...(and varied at times by the winds strength and direction.)
Purpose: Those that listen to the Stones' Melody have their own intelligence increased, if only very slowly. This is Permanent. The Melody can only increase intelligence by a base amount for each person, and they must be sapient to receive the effect.

Name: Curse of Eternal Winds
Details: No matter the situation, the winds always blow in this hex. It's quite breezy around here. The air will never be calm.
Granted, it never gets to the point where a house would be blown down, but still... For obvious reasons, this affects the tiles surrounding this Hex by proxy, since the winds go into the other tiles' area, and shape the movement of the air itself. That can certainly be considered destruction, the destruction of the ability for the air to be still.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 09:11:57 pm by TricMagic »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2019, 11:14:27 pm »

For my final action- I hunt down and maim a few of the local lions to death- piling their remains up next to my new lake for my eventual use in 50 or so years.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2019, 03:47:11 am »

1. Kakkabum fills hex S5 with ravens. (3CP)

2. Kakkabum kills a fourth of the creatures that feed on ravens in S5. (0-1DP)

3. Kakkabum creates the Elder Adze, an adze slightly more effective against old things. (1DP)

Spoiler: Elder Adze (click to show/hide)

With these things having been done, Kakkabum sleeps.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 05:19:45 am by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2019, 06:56:53 am »

Tranquility. Silence. Deception.

TURN 1: Age of Death, Fluttering Tree, Year of No King.

The gods acted.

The Shattered Statue desired to prove its power. She (He?) threatened the tribes of men who did inhabit the lands near. To a race He (She?) offered. In fear, all members of those tribes did compete. It was not a contest fair for despite being a Statue, He (She? did not walk, but floated. And quite quickly at that. With no effort, it outpaced the tribes of men, scorning them for their weakness. Seeing their weakness, the Statue did ask the elephants of the land to do as he ordered, by threat of wrestle. Perplexed but not surprised, matriarch and patriarch both did fight the Statue, but would not relent. In the end, both were slain. In mourning and in shock, the remaining herds did as the foul being asked; even as their tears flowed without attempt to hide it.To the elephants, the Statue would come to be known as Parent-Killer. And so it was that the Myth of Senicide came to be told amongst the elephants.

In any case, the elephants did as the statue asked, flattening the soil and moving away stone.

As for the human runts, the Statue did command them to make yet another contest in the art of sculpting. None had ever made anything bigger than what their hand could hold; mere figurines was all they understood. Regardless, the best of the worst were chosen for Immortality as Disciples of the Shattered. Both were statuened Cut-ur.

And with these acts performed, the Statue slept.

Fu crafted for herself a number of tools; The Staff of Deduction, the Whispering Stones of Wind, and finally, the temporal Cruse of Eternal Winds. With that, she slept. Perhaps she thought mortals would one day come upon her gift.

Basderieen embarked upon a landscaping project, creating an oasis in the desert. A grand thing, much of the water would sink into the desert sands, joining the aquifers deep below. He also went off and slaughtered a good number of lions, terribly destroying the local lion society and enabling the temporary growth of their prey and competitor populations. He then slept.

Metalhand's first duty was to provide for the people of the oasis. And so, he did destroy the life of the nearby foliage, converting them into worked lumber; a thing unseen by any human of Err. Seconly, he did make the Maker's Tools, to further his craft. As he did so, deliberately slowed, waiting for the approach of any humans. In time, some did. For many a moon, these ruins had without guardian or spirit observable and upon seeing the man bearing Power and forging it into Craft, the humans did know fear. Many scattered while  some cautiously watched. Confused that the being spoke to them , they were perplexed by the magic of the forge, of the odd stone that the spirit. Whatever the spirit was doing, it was not something they could do. For in truth, they only knew the working of the chipping stone and of the tree-flesh. Encouraged by the spirit's welcome, and perhaps foolhardy for not running, some came closer and did show their tools; stones and stone tied to wood or yet more stone. These Metalhand inspected and of course found wanting. And so, he did give them secrets, of making tighter and better workings of stone and wood.Enlightened, they thanked the spirit and watched him craft the crying stones. And so, it came to be that the Myth of the Maker-Spirit and the Crying-Stone began to be told.

After this event, Metalhand slept.

Shelldon was a simple entity and did what simple entities did: flexed. He approached the wisest, most intelligent creatures in the marsh and showed them the power that he did wield. Frightened but impressed,the pygmies did give him their tribute-although they were unsure what it had meant by sacrifice. Regardless, soon the Myth of the Giant Crab that will Kill Us All If We Don't Worship It came to be told. And so Shelldon slept.

Du-Ur showed Power to those few humans he found greatly lowering the elevation of the desert. Through a great feat of doormanship, he shook the earth and heavens with his smashing and pushing, liberating the water below from it's underground prison. Amazed, the people hooted and shouted in their animal-like way. For that, Du-Ur became legend; called Earthshaker and Liberator of Mother Water. For this, the Myth of Earthshaking came to be. To shepherd his flock in his slumber, the he raised one of them. Purely based on physical features, they would be referred to as asteriskasteriskasterisk, The First Doormaker. Despite whatever it had been before, this new being was imbued with knowledge of masonry and architecture. And it was good. With all this done, Du-Ur slept.

Midan bade the creatures of the mountain unto its lair atop the summit. Though many came, many did not. Of those that came lied a multitude. Humans, whales and elephants, as well as baser creatures. Of these, one in particular was most willing to serve the Flame-That-Spoke. This turned out to be the whale, who called itself Led-To-Flame. Remidaned Fire-maker, it loved Midan. And presumably, Midan loved it. For while it was a whale the size of an auroch that crawled along the earth with pseudopodia adorned with sticky hairs, the whale was one with a heart of flame. As a token of its love, Midan gave Fire-maker a spear; Ever-Radiant Spear Advancing Eternally. And it was pleased. With that act performed, it slept.

Kakkabum, in his wisdom, did fill a land nearby with murders of ravens and then simultaneously, did go and curse many of their would-be predators with death. The ravens fed and were happy. Still feeling watched, Kakkabum did forge the Elder Adze, a weapon deadly against old things. Kakkabum slept.

Tala spoke with the primitive sapients of the realm and did cast her Power at one of them without first consultation. With fear, the being who would be named Diwata felt her head fill with thoughts and directives, each more confusing than the last. As the last of the information streamed into her now immortal mind, Diwata felt understanding. Soon after, her people were approached by a being, a being she knew was the same that had given her these orders. The being came, and though the people were afeared, it gave them knowledge: of the sharp stone attached to a stick. The spear. And the people were enlightened.

In the years that followed, the being that revealed itself as Tala would attempt to tame the predators of her realm, particularly the marshcows. In this she failed. Telling the predators to stop their devouring of the humans, many asked why? "Why should the humans be so favoured amongst all, where when they attack other animals as well?" None of the animals would obey her and put themselves under the service of the humans, meek creatures with no claws or fangs. Indeed, they had needed claws of stone, gifted by a spirit!

Regardless, the people were thankful for her aid and would remember Tala in their stories. For this, they would tell tales of the Myth of the Teacher around the fires. Tala soon fell into a slumber.

Vulpes Grande saw a barren desert with little life, and so, added to the desert's aquifer underground and turned the land's sand into kinder soil. Tired, it then made the Sinister Digitus and equipped it, entering the great sleep.

Sarkyran did make in paradise a new source of flint, which could provide for the nearby peoples of the land. He then did take one of nature's beasts, a wilddog, and made it into his beast. And this was good. Satisfied, Sarkyran did walk upon the earth announcing to the families and tribes of the land of his new addition to the land. Frightened by the spirit, many knew fear, but many more were thankful for the spirit's bequeathment. Understanding the power of spirits, the humans did bow their heads and obey the commandment the spirit did state. Flint was for all to share, not to be fought over. And thus, the people knew peace. Stories would be told of his gift of Flint and the Myth of the Flint Spirit and the Flint-Truce would come to be known.

Guar was alone. Guar did not wish to be alone. As such, he raised the grass snake Juuar to be his champion. Guar gave him commandments and tools to break the wills of others. Guar did nothing else and returned to sleep.

And so, the gods slept.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 07:49:29 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2019, 06:58:28 am »

Suns rise, Moons fall

The gods awoke.

The Shattered Statue saw little had happened during their slumber. He saw the land once flattened by the elephants, but it had long been overrun by plant life. The elephants of the land were long gone. The humans, while having memories of what it had done 50 years prior, had done little since. As for His (Her?) two servants, The Statue felt nothing of their presence. Less than nothing. The Statue knew that they were dead.

Fu awoke and found no differences in their environment, but did sense what had occurred to their boons. The Staff of Deduction had become property of a human child, who still bore. The human, now quite knowledgeable about the world, had become a shaman of power. She was at this very moment, consolidating her rule over the clans of the land, bading them send their best to be her disciples around the Whispering Stones of Wind, which she had through her intelligence, fortified with stone and thatch. In effect, creating the very first human fort in all of Err. Gemegishkirihallat Spirit-Speaker, the Witch of the Stones, had gained power through violent wit. Eroding the wit of enemy chiefs, ensorcelling the souls of those who would oppose her- her power was paramount in the land. And yet, she was now old. In her old age, she feared death. For longer and longer periods, she spent her time in the realm of spirits, seeking immortality. It seems that she and her disciples were quite shocked at the sudden end of the land's gales, which she had known and felt since childhood. Gemegishkirihallat Spirit-Breaker, the Witch of the Stones, added to POIs.

Basderieen found that his oasis had remained and now supported a decent ecosystem; some crocodiles and eels had even somehow gotten into it. As for the pile of lions, nearly everything had disappeared save for a few small bones, cracked and gnawed on.

Metalhand awoke to see changes in the lumber grove; some beings had clearly been taking lumber for their own use. While there were tell-tale marks of animal usage, many seemed to have been taken for tool-use. Others had become food and substrate for fungi and plants, however. To the west, Metalhand sensed a being of power, one substantially weaker than himself.

Shelldon awoke and figured out that the pygmies had been offering him sacrifices of fish and plants. Shelldon: 1 Worship [1CP] (Bog Pygmies) added

Du-Ur awoke to find a pleasant sight; doors had been etched into the mountainside! Even crude houses of wood and stone, all badly made save for the doors. However, it looked abandoned with no sign of human habitation save for the bones of the dead. Regardless bits of life here and there seemed to flourish from the new water source. Du-Ur could not sense asteriskasteriskasterisk anywhere nearby, but did sense him far off elsewhere.

Midan came to life and sought out his beloved's soul; he found it in the surrounding mountains. The whale had done as ordered and sowed his seed in what it could. For the most part, these were other whales. With his offspring, the Fire-marked had attempted to lay claim to the beasts and stones of the land. However, what he had figured most difficult of all was feeding his flock. This proved worrisome, forcing him to spend a great deal of time hunting. There were good times and bad times. For that reason, he rarely had more than 50 or so people in his tribe. For many years now, it had been experimenting in agriculture, though it had not as of yet figured out the proper earth magicks to produce enough food. Midan: 1 Worship [1CP] (Volcano Whales) added

Regardless, this was the greatest gathering of whales in all of the mountains; a terror to be feared by all creatures great and small. Many tribes had fled in fear, not wishing to kowtow to Fire-marked. Others, a smaller number, had obeyed the whale and now honoured Midan...though this was a tenuous affair, the whales eating far too much food to leave the lesser tribes of man, whale and elephant with enough food to sustain their numbers. As such, few of these lesser tribes are whale or elephant, being but a small number of humans.

Kakkabum awakes...and sees that physical form has been covered in a deep blue cloth of some kind. He cannot move. He cannot see. He feels a thought in his *ingress*, it says.

Tala awakes. It seems that in her absence, the local peoples had not united. Diwata still lived, but she did not command authority. For while she was immortal, she bore within her no other power. The tribes of the region, now with spears, hunted and fought as they always had. While they paid heed to Tala's words on Responsible Auroch Culling, they did not follow Diwata's authority in other matters. Tala: 1 Worship [1CP] (River Humans) added

Vulpes Grande awoke. Beside a greater plant density in the area, nothing else had changed.

Sarkyran found the humans as they had always been, although some had now built homes of thatch and wood and mud. So far, the Flint-Truce had prevailed; while the clans and groups still fought every now and then, none fought over the right to gather flint. That was something given by the Flint-Father and none could claim it as their own. Sarkyran: 1 Worship [1CP] (River Humans) added]

Guar awoke and felt a massive surge in power.. It seems that Juuar had been patiently waiting and quickly told a tale of his adventures; he had travelled the land finding elephant, whale and humans all and bade them make journey here. Those who did not obey were devoured. Looking at Juuar, he looked quite engorged and quite a bit bigger than he had been before. Looking around, Guar could see hide tents around his lands, all seemingly brought here to serve Guar. They looked an amiable enough sort. Juuar also explains that while he *loved* those accessories Guar gave him, he didn't consider anyone worthy as of yet. He had them buried for safekeeping. Guar: 3 Essence (Source: Human Blood)

To the south, Guar felt a power stirring, much less than his own, but still something of power.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 11:59:34 pm by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2019, 07:00:37 am »

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: POIs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accoutrements (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 08:32:45 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17