Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41

Author Topic: The Rise of a Demon (Number of ritual wedding duels: 1)  (Read 56520 times)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Rise of a Demon(Number of evil skulls: 1)
« Reply #135 on: February 05, 2019, 05:09:56 am »

Which is why I think we should deal with this one now. Its already as strong as us.
It's worth keeping around, to infuse the sword with if nothing else.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 05, 2019, 07:11:59 am »

Hmm I think this requires a course adjustment.

We can use the lesser demon as a lieutenant, keeping our base running smoothly as we conquer. Of course it could betray us, but I’d rather find out now while our base is just a village. In the future we can create tests for its loyalty.

We should go get the sword now, bringing a cultist or two to carry the holy sword back. After that we go after another village. We meld the skull to the slave priests body, using the lesser demons own power to power the ritual. Then we select 20 of the more capable cultist to begin training. Eventually whoever controls this area will respond, and we should begin to prepare for war. Have the lesser demon supervise the village and training.

I’m concerned now that combining the holy sword and the demon will not result in a corrupted sword, but rather a dead demon. I think to corrupt the sword we will need to use it for evil purpose/ritual.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 07:17:53 am by chubby2man »
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 05, 2019, 07:16:44 am »

We can use the lesser demon as a lieutenant, keeping our base running smoothly as we conquer. Of course it could betray us, but I’d rather find out now while our base is just a village. In the future we can create tests for its loyalty.

We should go get the sword now, bringing a cultist or two to carry the holy sword back. After that we go after another village.

I’m concerned now that combining the holy sword and the demon will not result in a corrupted sword, but rather a dead demon. I think to corrupt the sword we will need to use it for evil purpose/ritual.
I agree, let's corrupt the sword further, than allow the skull demon to attempt possessing it.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 05, 2019, 07:20:52 am »

We should go get the sword now, bringing a cultist or two to carry the holy sword back. After that we go after another village.

I agree, let's corrupt the sword further, than allow the skull demon to attempt possessing it.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 05, 2019, 10:14:45 am »

What do you bring with you to the next village? And are you looking for captives, slaves, slaughter, or something else?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 10:23:26 am by Urist Mc Dwarf »

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 05, 2019, 10:37:37 am »

I think this one we want to focus on captives. Leave the skull in the village, take boneys, wights and brutes. Under cover of night send boneys and wights to infiltrate houses and capture people, binding them. Brutes will be used to intimidate captives. We will aim to maim, but will kill if necessary.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 05, 2019, 10:42:42 am »

What do you bring with you to the next village? And are you looking for captives, slaves, slaughter, or something else?
This, with

I think this one we want to focus on captives. Leave the skull in the village, take boneys, wights and brutes. Under cover of night send boneys and wights to infiltrate houses and capture people, binding them. Brutes will be used to intimidate captives. We will aim to maim, but will kill if necessary.
Lots of unnecessarily brutal, but non-crippling maiming, we need that Evil.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 05, 2019, 04:48:46 pm »

You give the skull a nod, trying to decide what you should call it. It deserves an appropriately demonic name, although not one as grand as yours of course. It is a simple matter to replace the broken priest's skull with it. The figure bows and sets about forcing your cultists to work. You doubt it will take long to finish their labors, and so you instruct it to begin training your villagers. While they lack weapons or the resources to make them, they can at least learn discipline and some other basic things.

You depart the village and begin traveling north. Your army travels with you, spreading out into several groups, the wisp wights using their specters to keep in touch with each other. As a result, whenever one of the groups encounters a farmhouse – which happens three times – you can easily arrange them to be completely overwhelmed. Unfortunately, the monsters have difficulty comprehending non-crippling injuries. Of the thirty-seven people they capture and send back to Dresick, only one proves to be capable of labor. Apparently, humans are even more fragile than you thought, you muse as you crunch on the limbs of a disemboweled goat, enjoying its bleats of agony.

You are sitting, hidden in the darkness along with some of your small army. The brutes stand around a circle of terrified captives, who have been carefully but brutally beaten under your personal supervision. Meanwhile, the wights come back, each with two victims. The village has been emptied, and it was much larger than expected. It seems that the results of your previous attacks have been discovered, but desert raiders were blamed. And so some people fled north, thinking distance would provide them with some safety. And in doing so, they delivered themselves right into your arms.
One hundred seventeen captives march back, surrounded by your small army. A few try to run, but your savage cruelty has ensured most are too terrified to attempt to defy your will.

You return to see the village palisade completed. Wood was salvaged to form a crude gate, and the temple has been completely transformed. The bloodsoaked altar stones used by your first followers have been pressed together into a statue of your stomping on a kneeling man, and it seems the skull has used some of its magic to make it into one piece, which emanates an aura of domination. People within its bounds will have a harder time defying your will. Even a weak angel might be affected.

Your cultists form ranks to greet you, the skull at their head. It has taken to wearing the cloak you made. They all await your orders. You have one hundred and eighteen captives fit for labor, and thirty-six who are not. What will you do with them? What will you call the skull? And what are your next orders for the cult?

Spoiler: Current status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Champions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fortresses (click to show/hide)

I am thinking of only posting the statuses which aren't yours personally when they are updated, and just linking to my current status post.

Also, food will soon be a problem for your cultists.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 05, 2019, 06:32:32 pm »

Hm... We can mutate stuff, right? That includes plants, right?

Heh.

Imagine, if you will, our lowly crops BOOSETD TO IMMENSE PROPORTIONS! That ear of corn can feed a man on its own. That tomato can punch up any kind of meal you involve it in. That lettuce? It's more than just crunchy water for once.

I say we take a moment to take our normal farm and mutate it to put out GRAND amounts of food. We can eat some and sell the rest, and thus start up an economy! Did I mention these DELICIOUS crops weaken the will of the eater if they aren't already under our influence?
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 05, 2019, 06:56:55 pm »

The skull has done well, and should be rewarded. We shall name it Kreth the Woemaker, and allow it to keep the Cloak, until such time as we feel it is better suited on ourselves.

The 36 cripples are to be gathered in a row, youngest to oldest, and forced to kneel above a bucket. The 1 who was not crippled is to take the Holy Sword and slit each one's throat, so that they bleed into the bucket, taking their time to ensure each may beg for mercy and hear the screams of the dying. When they are dead and bucket is filled with blood, we are to drench the sword with it in the midst of a ritual circle at the base of the bronze statue, wherein we sacrifice a random completely loyal child's soul to it, by impaling them, as slowly and painfully as possible, to hammer home the point that they are ours, mind, body, and soul home. If the 1 who committed the act at any point tries to pause, hesitate, or defy us, we are to consume them, mind, body, and soul before the population.

In the aftermath of this, to illustrate our boundless generosity, we'll improve their crops manyfold,

Hm... We can mutate stuff, right? That includes plants, right?

Heh.

Imagine, if you will, our lowly crops BOOSETD TO IMMENSE PROPORTIONS! That ear of corn can feed a man on its own. That tomato can punch up any kind of meal you involve it in. That lettuce? It's more than just crunchy water for once.

I say we take a moment to take our normal farm and mutate it to put out GRAND amounts of food. We can eat some and sell the rest, and thus start up an economy! Did I mention these DELICIOUS crops weaken the will of the eater if they aren't already under our influence?

Then we'll have a week long celebratory feast, wherein a randomly selected cultist is sacrificed at the height of the revelry each night, and after the week has passed, we'll bless the most enthusiastic cultist with an enlarged physique, to raise them to a brute level without sacrificing their intelligence or sanity.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 07:00:59 pm by Ardent Debater »

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 05, 2019, 07:06:28 pm »

That sounds spectacular, but we haven't gotten the sword yet - Should we send a Boney to get it from the castle? Perhaps with a Wisp Wight and a Brute to show the castle that we have grown in power at least some.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 05, 2019, 07:26:12 pm »

That sounds spectacular, but we haven't gotten the sword yet - Should we send a Boney to get it from the castle? Perhaps with a Wisp Wight and a Brute to show the castle that we have grown in power at least some.
Once we have the sword, of course. That sounds like a good idea, and in the meantime we'll be pillaging other villages with the goal of improving our personal power. I doubt the castle entity would object to us stealing one of the artifacts keeping it bound.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 05, 2019, 07:52:50 pm »

Alrighty then, so after we get the sword from the castle (Send a Boney, Wisp Wight, and Brute, to show some of our achievements),
-snip-
-doublesnip-
-Let's go, Triple Snippish!-

Send a note for the castle with the group. It reads:
"I thank you for your assistance with the Wisp Wights, they have turned out gloriously as you can see. I have acquired the nearby village, and have captured 117 others, who I intend to use in a ritual to corrupt the sword you hold. I hope you don't mind my removal of one of the "holy" relics suppressing your power."
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 05, 2019, 08:06:40 pm »

Alrighty then, so after we get the sword from the castle (Send a Boney, Wisp Wight, and Brute, to show some of our achievements),
-snip-
-doublesnip-

Send a note for the castle with the group. It reads:
"I thank you for your assistance with the Wisp Wights, they have turned out gloriously as you can see. I have acquired the nearby village, and have captured 117 others, who I intend to use in a ritual to corrupt the sword you hold. I hope you don't mind my removal of one of the "holy" relics suppressing your power."

+1 to the whole plan

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 05, 2019, 09:47:05 pm »

-snip-
-doublesnip-
-Use Quad-Snip!-
+1 to the whole plan
+1 to all.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41