Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 41

Author Topic: The Rise of a Demon (Number of ritual wedding duels: 1)  (Read 56500 times)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Rise of a Demon(Number of Merged Man-things: 1)
« Reply #105 on: February 03, 2019, 08:00:06 pm »

-snip-
+1, though I feel like we should use the sword in the ritual to corrupt it, perhaps having the coverts “mercifully” kill their families with the sword before burning, and finishing it off by stabbing it into one of the victims in the central pyre as they burn. Also we should bring one of our cultists when we retrieve the sword to carry it in case we can not.
+1.

Animate the smoky remains from the ritual into a shadow cloak, one that helps its wearer conform with the shadows.
We'll probably want something to keep our future champion alive, I feel this is a good start.

After the ritual, have the cult continue converting the temple and constructing the wall.
Perhaps when that is done, they can start training to fight?

+1

The Merged-Man was quite cost effective. If we aren't below 15 Physical and Mental, I feel we should create two more this turn.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 03, 2019, 09:25:03 pm »

Just a note, the sword is currently in the castle. You would need to go retrieve it.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2019, 09:44:30 pm »

Just a note, the sword is currently in the castle. You would need to go retrieve it.
In that case then, can we use an ordinary dagger, and transfer the Evil to the sword?

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 03, 2019, 10:15:52 pm »

In that case then, can we use an ordinary dagger, and transfer the Evil to the sword?
Or perhaps we can store the energies in a skull from one of the captives?

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 03, 2019, 10:25:15 pm »

Or perhaps we can store the energies in a skull from one of the captives?
A good idea, but how do you easily kill someone with a skull? Unless you were suggesting transferring the Evil after the fact.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 03, 2019, 10:26:22 pm »

A good idea, but how do you easily kill someone with a skull? Unless you were suggesting transferring the Evil after the fact.
After. We take the energy from the ritual and direct it into a skull, then once we have the blade, we corrupt it with the energy stored in the skull.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 03, 2019, 10:27:55 pm »

After. We take the energy from the ritual and direct it into a skull, then once we have the blade, we corrupt it with the energy stored in the skull.
An excellent idea, and it has my support. I feel we should be producing more Merged-Men.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 03, 2019, 10:30:16 pm »

Just be careful with the Mergings, every one we do takes from our following, and thus our power because worship.

But the skull idea? I like it. Plus, if things get sticky before we get that sword, we can use it as a deadly grenade of killingness and corruption!

Wait.

We can use these Hellskulls as weapons.
We stare down an army, lob one into the crowd, and chuckle as a nightmare fusion is created in the center of the army, all agony and steel and DEATH

We need to do this again later.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 10:33:51 pm by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 03, 2019, 10:43:34 pm »

Just be careful with the Mergings, every one we do takes from our following, and thus our power because worship.

But the skull idea? I like it. Plus, if things get sticky before we get that sword, we can use it as a deadly grenade of killingness and corruption!

Wait.

We can use these Hellskulls as weapons.
We stare down an army, lob one into the crowd, and chuckle as a nightmare fusion is created in the center of the army, all agony and steel and DEATH

We need to do this again later.
We don't need to take from the cultists, those who refuse to kneel are acceptable candidates, and we can dominate their shattered minds with ease. Are you suggesting we turn the merging process into what amounts to an AoE grenade?

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 03, 2019, 11:37:00 pm »

Kind of? Like, using our ritual, we load a skull with mutagenic doom, and then... Yeah.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 03, 2019, 11:57:53 pm »

Kind of? Like, using our ritual, we load a skull with mutagenic doom, and then... Yeah.
Feels like a lot of expenditure for something so prone to failure. We need to attach it to a skeleton, which can then sprint into a crowd, rather than throwing it by hand until we have enough Evil to construct hellish siege weapons.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 04, 2019, 12:12:40 am »

Hmm, a skeleton seems finicky though. How about we attach a pair of bat wings to the skull, so it can fly into the target after being thrown?

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 04, 2019, 12:22:06 am »

So...can I get a consensus on what exactly the ritual should be, and any other actions you want to take?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 04, 2019, 05:37:24 am »

I like the sound of doing that ritual and putting the energy onto a skull.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 04, 2019, 07:04:11 am »

I like the sound of doing that ritual and putting the energy onto a skull.
+1
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 41