Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 481359 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Such sights to see
« Reply #4905 on: June 10, 2022, 07:08:47 pm »

Is there anything left in the wreckage of the hardsuit that could be salvaged, even if just for parts? If yes, and if hauling it isn't too cumbersome, retrieve it, if not just leave it. 

And the entire finger of bats is falling towards the face. It looks like it will miss the mouth and hit the cheek.

Are we in any danger of getting hit by the Batnado? If yes, get out of the way.

If not, using the drone and scanner (and plain looking around), see if I can spot any more signs of Friendly's influence. Try to determine if that blue star is the source of the infection or just a symptom. 

"Okay, so.. I don't think we can die here."

"Sure seems like it. Which means we'll be having to drag Friendo out of here first if we want to deal with him." Yagyu grumbles.

"Welp, at least we didn't lose another team member, suicidally homicidal they may be. Welcome back to the land of the living, Kora! Try better this time 'round not to get pasted, will ya?"

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 07:13:15 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4906 on: June 10, 2022, 08:05:09 pm »

Jack pats his body a couple of times "...Well then" Jack coughs "Darn metaphysical saltine crackers uhhum anyway I wouldn't push things too hard just cause it appears we cant die don't mean we cant still be made into a comatose vegetable."
Just follow the group while I check my pockets to see if I have any metaphysical saltine crackers left

Spoiler:  Jack Blackwater (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4907 on: June 10, 2022, 11:01:15 pm »

Get a better view of the surroundings, then use my brain thingum that controls zombies to control some bats. lots of bats. They will be my undead ocean, carrying me along in their current toward whatever looks most Bob, now that  I have seen more of the region.

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bob's Business (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4908 on: June 11, 2022, 03:09:24 am »

"Oh look at that someone said the magic words and she came back to life."
Leave my safety spot and get back together with the group on the teeth and see how the robot friends are doing.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things I've done. (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4909 on: June 11, 2022, 04:41:14 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

follow team and shoot hostiles. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4910 on: June 12, 2022, 01:39:36 pm »

"So how are we gonna get him out?  We got a metal box or something?"

Offer the squirrel-bots up to anyone who wants to modify them, either with mechanics or thought-magic.

If nobody takes them, take off and look for some pain elemental with an iron maiden or some kinda restraint device.

"Hey, wait.. these pain elementals have all these torture devices.  They must know how to restrain things here!  I'll go ask them."

Spoiler: Summer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sensory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 02:16:54 am by Devastator »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4911 on: June 12, 2022, 06:30:21 pm »

Shoot any bats if they come close and are acting hostile.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DERP: Hurt him so hard
« Reply #4912 on: June 16, 2022, 02:21:38 pm »

Use ghost magic to forcibly repair the hardsuit with bones.  Then detach from the giant hand and fly up towards Derp's big blue flame while chanting "FUCK DERP FUCK DERP FUCK DERP FUCK DERP" over the team comms, as is tradition.

Also, if part of Wilfred's inventory is now destroyed, please say so (and preferably what exactly is destroyed and what isn't).

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mission Achievements (click to show/hide)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4913 on: June 19, 2022, 04:37:50 pm »

"Sure seems like it. Which means we'll be having to drag Friendo out of here first if we want to deal with him." Yagyu grumbles.

"If we really do have to extract him, then we're going to need an exit strategy of some kind. Last time I checked, command was only gonna let us out after we did the job. Or am I somehow mistaken?

"Regardless, we gotta inform command about the change of plans."

Keep shooting at the giant God-Hand. Aim for the palm.

(I'd join Korra on the iron maiden quest, but there's a more pressing threat.)

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4914 on: June 19, 2022, 05:05:04 pm »

Offer the squirrel-bots up to anyone who wants to modify them, either with mechanics or thought-magic.

"Hey, wait.. these pain elementals have all these torture devices.  They must know how to restrain things here!  I'll go ask them."

Edward, still sticking onto Yagyu, notices Summer offer the squirrel-bots.

"Anything particular you'd like to have done to those squirrely robot friends you have there? I might be able to help, depending on what work you'd like done" He says, waving his toolbox in one tentacle

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4915 on: June 19, 2022, 05:23:16 pm »

"Well, we need something to restrain the guy without anyone actually sensing him directly.  These are piloted via VR, and they don't have sensory systems on them beyond the cameras.  So if you could make them into triggerable cages or something, it'd be really handy."

"They're a little small and squirrel-shaped, but size seems variable here, and you can use both."
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 05:28:05 pm by Devastator »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4916 on: June 20, 2022, 09:33:14 am »

"If we really do have to extract him, then we're going to need an exit strategy of some kind. Last time I checked, command was only gonna let us out after we did the job. Or am I somehow mistaken?

"Regardless, we gotta inform command about the change of plans."

Keep shooting at the giant God-Hand. Aim for the palm.

(I'd join Korra on the iron maiden quest, but there's a more pressing threat.)

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
[1] The Fragile Darkness screams and bleeds, producing no effect.

Get a better view of the surroundings, then use my brain thingum that controls zombies to control some bats. lots of bats. They will be my undead ocean, carrying me along in their current toward whatever looks most Bob, now that  I have seen more of the region.

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bob's Business (click to show/hide)
[9]
Bob yells at bats. Well, as much as an alligator can yell. Surprisingly, several hundred of the bats respond to his call and begin swarming over towards him. [4] Sadly they are just bats so forming a sort of living current of flesh for him to swim through is a bit beyond their capacities. Instead the largest among them, giant flying fox like critters, grab hold of his limbs and all around his scaly body, packing themselves as tightly as they can. Smaller bats swarm up underneath him and together they lift the much heavier reptile into the sky.
[4]
Bob surveys the shattered islands of torture and madness for someplace to really Bob out. He sees what appears to be a fetid swamp of gore and blood floating upside down an indeterminate distance away. Bob, of course, immediately sets out across the vast or perhaps short distance to the swamp of gore, chomping and wriggling in anticipation. He is still flying towards it when the turn ends.

Jack pats his body a couple of times "...Well then" Jack coughs "Darn metaphysical saltine crackers uhhum anyway I wouldn't push things too hard just cause it appears we cant die don't mean we cant still be made into a comatose vegetable."
Just follow the group while I check my pockets to see if I have any metaphysical saltine crackers left

Spoiler:  Jack Blackwater (click to show/hide)

[3]
You have a whole box of them!

Is there anything left in the wreckage of the hardsuit that could be salvaged, even if just for parts? If yes, and if hauling it isn't too cumbersome, retrieve it, if not just leave it. 

And the entire finger of bats is falling towards the face. It looks like it will miss the mouth and hit the cheek.

Are we in any danger of getting hit by the Batnado? If yes, get out of the way.

If not, using the drone and scanner (and plain looking around), see if I can spot any more signs of Friendly's influence. Try to determine if that blue star is the source of the infection or just a symptom. 

"Welp, at least we didn't lose another team member, suicidally homicidal they may be. Welcome back to the land of the living, Kora! Try better this time 'round not to get pasted, will ya?"

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
The suit seems pretty much smashed. There might be a few useful components left inside, but nowhere near enough to drag the entire thing with you.

The Bats, aside from those Bob just flew off on, seem far enough away and generally disinterested in the team. As such you spend your time looking around. [4] The blue flame seems to be evidence of the Friendly infection. Those pain elementals who show evidence of it are being actively attacked by those that do not. In fact, now that you actually take time to carefully examine and scan the islands around you, there seems to be a strange sort of war raging between the two. From what you can see....those that are killed by the flaming blue resurrect  under the control of that flame.

"Oh look at that someone said the magic words and she came back to life."
Leave my safety spot and get back together with the group on the teeth and see how the robot friends are doing.

You meet back up with Yagyu and the majority of the team. Your robots seem fine.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

follow team and shoot hostiles. 
PATROL DIRECTIVES ACTIVE BEEP BOOP.

Shoot any bats if they come close and are acting hostile.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
The only bats that come close are those carrying Bob so you leave them be.

If nobody takes them, take off and look for some pain elemental with an iron maiden or some kinda restraint device.

You offer your bots and get no response as far as actions are concerned.

[5]

You fly around the mouth and find, situated in the left ear, a field of gibbets, noses, impaling stakes and various other implements of murderous victim retention. Walking around here is another hulking muscle bound figure, though this one lacks the fire in its eyes. Or any eyes at all, its entire face just being a mass of scar tissue over a lipless mouth of massive teeth. Numerous metal stakes have been driven into the flesh of its shoulders and back, from which hang chains which end in more gibbets, iron cages, and indeed the mythical iron maiden. After establishing that its non-hostile (albeit also non-communicative) you ask for one of the maidens. The giant silently tears the metal stake from its flesh and places it, along with the chain and the maiden, down next to you. It then continues walking with a slow, and deliberate pace.

Use ghost magic to forcibly repair the hardsuit with bones.  Then detach from the giant hand and fly up towards Derp's big blue flame while chanting "FUCK DERP FUCK DERP FUCK DERP FUCK DERP" over the team comms, as is tradition.

Also, if part of Wilfred's inventory is now destroyed, please say so (and preferably what exactly is destroyed and what isn't).

[3]
No dice, home slice. At least not in any meaningful way. Best you can do is patch a few holes in the main body with bone. Does very little to replace the smashed limbs and crushed cockpit.

Your inventory is fine though, so there's that. 

The finger of bats, still partially a solid mass slams into the cheek and begins rolling down, shedding more bats as it disappears over the edge of the face.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4917 on: June 21, 2022, 02:20:32 am »

"I wonder if there are any maps of this place."
Wonder if there are any maps of this place nearby.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DERP: Hurt him so hard
« Reply #4918 on: June 21, 2022, 10:34:41 am »

Okay then, summon a bone golem to rip the hardsuit out of its position, and carry it around for Wilfred.  Damn thing costs too much to just leave here.

Then uhhhhh.  I dunno, we're supposed to kill Derp, but how do we get up to Derp?  Figure out how to kill Derp.  Also, drink some more Monkey Pump.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4919 on: June 21, 2022, 03:49:37 pm »

"Thank you.  I shall use this to rid your home of that parasite."

Take the stake, chain, and iron maiden.

Fly back to the main group.  Try to grow a bit more, I've got a feeling I'm going to be getting stabbed with a giant iron stake, and I'll need enough flesh to survive that.

"Aight, I've got a plan.  We put him in this cage, and we then pull the cage through a portal back to our home dimension.  And we have like a nuke or something waiting for him.  Or a dozen robots with giant guns."

Okay then, summon a bone golem to rip the hardsuit out of its position, and carry it around for Wilfred.  Damn thing costs too much to just leave here.

Then uhhhhh.  I dunno, we're supposed to kill Derp, but how do we get up to Derp?  Figure out how to kill Derp.  Also, drink some more Monkey Pump.

Give the squirrel bots, the VR headset, and the deadman's switch at Will and Edward

"You can make these into like an awesome bird-bot or something.  Just think it big or something.  It'll then carry as many people around as you can want."

« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 04:05:19 pm by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 334