Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 481853 times)

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Such sights to see
« Reply #4635 on: February 21, 2022, 11:36:17 am »

Al goes to find Jack "Aye ye feck'n see this shite?" hoists robotic arm "Cannae ye do feck'n something about those gimps after what the shite eaters did nay teh me arm?"

Spoiler: Scottish Medic (click to show/hide)

Jack stares at Mackay with a deadpan expression "Look Mackay if I remember correctly you sir got dropped off to this squad somewhere around the beginning of the Neo Detroit mission and while I cant exactly call you inexperienced its clear from the fact you are even bothering asking me this question that you do not properly grasp the statistical causality rate of these missions." Jack sighs "You ever notice how most of your compatriots are either some type of robot or have a screw lose or two? That sir is because many of those people have died at least once if not multiple times and have either been transported into a robotic body, were simply born crazy, or have had them science boys cook up a entirely new body for em neither of which are proven to be good for anyone's mental health."

Jack stands up "So let me make myself clear I have no plans to ever give my original body away so easily and if that means sitting in a chair doing the bare minimum to be considered technically doing my job in the relative safety of this hall rather than wandering in like a dumbass firing at those gimps and getting my skin instantly torn off from my body then I for one say so be it." Jack starts walking away "Anyway if you excuse me I'm going to go grab a beer and you sir are more than welcome to join me."

Go grab a beer real quick then continue guarding the front door

Spoiler:  Jack Blackwater (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 11:43:17 am by Fluffe9911 »

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: February 21, 2022, 01:12:33 pm »

Al goes to find Jack "Aye ye feck'n see this shite?" hoists robotic arm "Cannae ye do feck'n something about those gimps after what the shite eaters did nay teh me arm?"

Jack stares at Mackay with a deadpan expression "Look Mackay if I remember correctly you sir got dropped off to this squad somewhere around the beginning of the Neo Detroit mission and while I cant exactly call you inexperienced its clear from the fact you are even bothering asking me this question that you do not properly grasp the statistical causality rate of these missions." Jack sighs "You ever notice how most of your compatriots are either some type of robot or have a screw lose or two? That sir is because many of those people have died at least once if not multiple times and have either been transported into a robotic body, were simply born crazy, or have had them science boys cook up a entirely new body for em neither of which are proven to be good for anyone's mental health."

Jack stands up "So let me make myself clear I have no plans to ever give my original body away so easily and if that means sitting in a chair doing the bare minimum to be considered technically doing my job in the relative safety of this hall rather than wandering in like a dumbass firing at those gimps and getting my skin instantly torn off from my body then I for one say so be it." Jack starts walking away "Anyway if you excuse me I'm going to go grab a beer and you sir are more than welcome to join me."

"Aye, better'n tittering around ere'" Alec will also go grab a beer with Jack.
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: February 21, 2022, 02:12:24 pm »

Going to try to swim through the 'air' to move in the Pain Dimension, thanking every moment for the VR control program instead of just having the robot be able to walk or something.

..Find a gimp or something like a gimp to inject with the Pelican Special.

Spoiler: Summer (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: February 22, 2022, 02:56:36 pm »

The thing freezes and needs to be rebooted.
"sigh"

Reboot the Omniscient Network. Then try again to find any info and/or footage or camera feeds on the torture core

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4639 on: February 23, 2022, 04:36:09 pm »

[2]
A few denizens of anywhere is all fine and good but they want something....more. Something more permanent. If not a direct portal, at least a relatively constant supply of...new friends. When you threaten Anesthetics they simply smile and nod politely, as though speaking to a slightly slow child.

"Yes, I'm sure you do. Your superiors tried many such things on us before. They make sensation fuzzy but, that is a new sensation all its own! Though, I must admit, it isn't our favorite."

Hmm. Maybe we can work with this.

Get back to command, and ask if it would be possible to set up a one-way portal from HELL (or equivalent) to the pain dimension, so that any demons wandering into the portal get sent to the pain dimension for the gimps to do with as they please, but which prevents the gimps from getting into HELL themselves.

If this would be possible, check if they are ok with this, and if yes inquire what it would take to set this up.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
(Does anyone have speech better than d4 round here?)
[1]
The higherups block your signal.

Can ya remind me where you got that? I honestly forget and I can't find it when searching the thread. Apologies.
(I'm not sure anymore I think it was from the mission before the Detroit one.)

Ask the ghost fox to find something that'll get rid of the gimps, then while the fox does that I guess I'll play cards with my robot friends.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things I've done. (click to show/hide)
[1]
The fox vanishes and does not come back. You also lose at go fish! This day sucks!

[4]
You find yourself a six pack of soda instead of a beer but whatever, close enough. You sit back down and sip your can of OMNI-Cola.

Jack hands you a cola and shrugs when you ask about beer. Apparently this is a dry....uh...underground lab.

The thing freezes and needs to be rebooted.
"sigh"

Reboot the Omniscient Network. Then try again to find any info and/or footage or camera feeds on the torture core

[1]
The Screen displays an "O". Hmmm.

M. I. N. O. 

Hmmm.

Going to try to swim through the 'air' to move in the Pain Dimension, thanking every moment for the VR control program instead of just having the robot be able to walk or something.

..Find a gimp or something like a gimp to inject with the Pelican Special.

[3]
The good news is you can move through space relatively easily...and you do see elementals all over...but as you try to move towards them you seem to get no closer....then you're really close but not quite there....then far again. Space seems...distorted.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: February 23, 2022, 08:45:17 pm »

Baldwin comes back from his failed negotiation, pretending nothing was even attempted. He's not even wearing his suit anymore. He shoots the occult gun at the Gimpflesh mound to try to figure out how the weapon works, angle myself in such a way that any over-penetration ends up in the Pain dimension portal. Ask the Gimps for feedback on the weapon's performance.

"I'm trying figure out what this otherworldly artifact even does. Do you gimps have any ideas?"

EDIT: Postpone the test for a little later. Lend my own occult knowledge to Yagyu and maybe scrape through some Detroit data to help him figure out how to turn the gimpflesh into a one-way hell-portal.

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 08:48:08 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DERP: Hurt him so hard
« Reply #4641 on: February 24, 2022, 02:19:31 am »

Alright.  I had an action a bit ago to write down instructions on the cube, and they didn't explain what it did, just how to activate it.  Set the cube down on the inside threshold of the door, then hold up the grenade.  Not active, but ready to activate.  If the gun fires, Wilfred will activate the grenade, hold it up (but not throw it), and sit down while trying to close the door with the pistol hand.  Let the grenade explode in the hardsuit's hand; the idea is that it will hopefully catch Derp in its blast if he tries to get past, and otherwise give him reason to not try to escape while Wilfred tries to close the door.

Yeah there's problems with that plan, but Wilfred is drunk.  Anyways, assuming no gun fires, after placing down the cube disable the threat and speak:

"Stay still, turret's shtill on.  Cube's a way out, I don't care if you fuck those people up, just leave.  You mewnster."

Then close the door.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mission achievements (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: February 24, 2022, 03:01:26 am »

"Damn it I don't think she's coming back, damn now I don't have a mascot."
Wait a bit longer and see if the fox comes back while I play some more cards and see how the robots feel about being given handguns.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: February 24, 2022, 03:31:58 pm »

Jack relaxes back against his chair and gives a sigh of relief "Yep this is the life."

Keep on chilling

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: February 24, 2022, 07:15:19 pm »

[1]

((I was kinda banking on the fact that usually we don't roll speech when we do out own talking or when the idea is reasonable enough, but seems that didn't quite pan out.  :v ))

Over the team comms, Yagyu vents his frustration.

"All right gang, I think I have a decent idea of how to get rid of these guys, but it'd require some help from command and they're being difficult. If any of you want to try talking some sense into them, that'd be lovely."

If anyone wants to help with the speech roll, explain them my plan and help them as they mediate with command.

If not, start looking up what we would need to enact the plan anyway on our own (the one-way portal that is).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: February 24, 2022, 08:38:35 pm »

"All right gang, I think I have a decent idea of how to get rid of these guys-"

"Brilliant Yagyu, I agree! We should hire the gimps to slaughter our senile command and replace them with puppets more pliable to our demands."

"If any of you want to try talking some sense into them, that'd be lovely."

"Oh, you meant get rid of the gimps... It's not gonna work though. Like I said, command is senile. If we do things their way, the negotiations will go nowhere until the gimps realize that they have all the power to dictate the terms of our unconditional surrender."

If not, start looking up what we would need to enact the plan anyway on our own (the one-way portal that is).

"Going behind command's back though, that's an idea with potential! We already know some guys who know how to make one-way portals in Detroit so maybe we can just copy their methodology. We already have a mound of tortured flesh after all."

((OOC: New addendum added to previous action.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: February 25, 2022, 05:12:07 pm »

"All right gang, I think I have a decent idea of how to get rid of these guys, but it'd require some help from command and they're being difficult. If any of you want to try talking some sense into them, that'd be lovely."

"I'll help you look, as soon as I can get this freaking thing to actually work

Help Yagyu find the info for his current plan using my personal computing cube (being: "start looking up what we would need to enact the plan anyway on our own (the one-way portal that is").

Also try and get the Omniscient Network Scanner to finally reboot properly. If it does, use that to look up info too.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: February 25, 2022, 05:28:39 pm »

"If you don't want the gimps to think they've got all the power, maybe one of you guys can find a way to hurt them.  I can handle the talking.. anyone want to take over from me in the Pain Dimension?"

Sensation, hmm...

Instead of trying to move towards the gimps, forcus on the visual stimuli of actually arriving.  Seeing the robot limbs hitting the flesh.  Seeing the point of the syringe entering the target.  See the liquid enter the gimp in question.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 01:31:17 pm by Devastator »

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: February 26, 2022, 11:54:52 am »

Al, now one sober son of a bitch looked quite disappointed by the soda "Agh, really?! Oh well better'n noth'n." cracking the tab the medic knocked back a hearty swig of soda "Och thank ye for the drink, rest o' the team dannae my help besides I need ta' get in shape lest I lose my feck'n limbs again!"

Alec goes somewhere to get some physical exercise, to work on his strength.

Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4649 on: March 03, 2022, 11:51:18 am »

Baldwin comes back from his failed negotiation, pretending nothing was even attempted. He's not even wearing his suit anymore. He shoots the occult gun at the Gimpflesh mound to try to figure out how the weapon works, angle myself in such a way that any over-penetration ends up in the Pain dimension portal. Ask the Gimps for feedback on the weapon's performance.

"I'm trying figure out what this otherworldly artifact even does. Do you gimps have any ideas?"

EDIT: Postpone the test for a little later. Lend my own occult knowledge to Yagyu and maybe scrape through some Detroit data to help him figure out how to turn the gimpflesh into a one-way hell-portal.

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
[1]

((I was kinda banking on the fact that usually we don't roll speech when we do out own talking or when the idea is reasonable enough, but seems that didn't quite pan out.  :v ))

Over the team comms, Yagyu vents his frustration.

If anyone wants to help with the speech roll, explain them my plan and help them as they mediate with command.

[4][1]
Yagyu was apparently banned from the company intranet too. Bastards. However, Baldwin has some idea how to create a portal without outside help.

"Reality is, to a greater or lesser degree, malleable. What allows us to change it is perception. Perception IS reality, so to speak. Small changes can be made unconsciously by a single individual, big ones take a great deal of perception. The gate seen in Detroit was the result of the forced perception of hundreds of people being focused onto a single point for a single reason. I'm not entirely sure HOW they managed to do that, let alone keep them in a state of undeath, but thats the basic principle. If we could get that flesh to all focus on that desire intensely, targeted at a single spot, we might be able to get the gate we want."

"If you don't want the gimps to think they've got all the power, maybe one of you guys can find a way to hurt them.  I can handle the talking.. anyone want to take over from me in the Pain Dimension?"

Sensation, hmm...

Instead of trying to move towards the gimps, forcus on the visual stimuli of actually arriving.  Seeing the robot limbs hitting the flesh.  Seeing the point of the syringe entering the target.  See the liquid enter the gimp in question.

[6]
This works, too well actually. The bot seems to suddenly just be half embedded into the head of one of the Gimps. The Gimp seems surprised but not particularly alarmed. "Close enough" you mutter and press the inject button. The red liquid whooshes out of the syringe and into the gimp. The gimp goes limp. Boneless actually. He continues to flop very weakly but, and this is important, he doesn't die. And because he doesn't die, he doesn't reappear and regenerate.

"Damn it I don't think she's coming back, damn now I don't have a mascot."
Wait a bit longer and see if the fox comes back while I play some more cards and see how the robots feel about being given handguns.
The fox does not return yet, but you think you hear it yipping somewhere in the distance.

The other robots are fine with handguns. They love them in fact. They are American, after all.

Al, now one sober son of a bitch looked quite disappointed by the soda "Agh, really?! Oh well better'n noth'n." cracking the tab the medic knocked back a hearty swig of soda "Och thank ye for the drink, rest o' the team dannae my help besides I need ta' get in shape lest I lose my feck'n limbs again!"

Alec goes somewhere to get some physical exercise, to work on his strength.

Jack relaxes back against his chair and gives a sigh of relief "Yep this is the life."

Keep on chilling

Killing time instead of killing people. What a ripoff.

"I'll help you look, as soon as I can get this freaking thing to actually work

Help Yagyu find the info for his current plan using my personal computing cube (being: "start looking up what we would need to enact the plan anyway on our own (the one-way portal that is").

Also try and get the Omniscient Network Scanner to finally reboot properly. If it does, use that to look up info too.

[3]
You only just manage to the omni-scient scanner back up. But thats it.

Alright.  I had an action a bit ago to write down instructions on the cube, and they didn't explain what it did, just how to activate it.  Set the cube down on the inside threshold of the door, then hold up the grenade.  Not active, but ready to activate.  If the gun fires, Wilfred will activate the grenade, hold it up (but not throw it), and sit down while trying to close the door with the pistol hand.  Let the grenade explode in the hardsuit's hand; the idea is that it will hopefully catch Derp in its blast if he tries to get past, and otherwise give him reason to not try to escape while Wilfred tries to close the door.

Yeah there's problems with that plan, but Wilfred is drunk.  Anyways, assuming no gun fires, after placing down the cube disable the threat and speak:

"Stay still, turret's shtill on.  Cube's a way out, I don't care if you fuck those people up, just leave.  You mewnster."

Then close the door.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mission achievements (click to show/hide)

You're able to leave the cube and close the door without any apparent issues.
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 334