Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 481977 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Such sights to see
« Reply #4590 on: February 08, 2022, 06:51:51 pm »

Having encountered a literal dead end with the closet after leaving the room to avoid the obvious bomb, Baldwin remembers the darkness gun and decides the pain elementals would be the perfect test subject. Perhaps it annihilates souls and if that were the case, everything can be wrapped up with a neat bow.

Baldwin attempts to track down Wilfred so he can ask him if he can borrow the gun. For Science. He reasons the Pain elementals would be quite helpful at describing the sensation of being shot by it.

EDIT: Run back to the group once Wilfred gives the gun to me if there's time

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 02:11:38 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4591 on: February 08, 2022, 07:06:59 pm »

Jack sniffs the air before glaring at Summer "Did you seriously just gas most of the team right infront of me? Like I know the majority of them are robots or genetic freaks of nature but come on!"

Spoiler:  Jack Blackwater (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 07:19:11 pm by Fluffe9911 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4592 on: February 08, 2022, 07:12:11 pm »

That's a start.. just need some better weapons, then.

Lets see what Bill Pelican can turn up.  Either some mind drugs that cause sensory deprivation, or some kind of agent that actively destroys nerve endings.  Or both, in a fun injectable cocktail.  There must be some nice antagonists or overly-firm receptor binding agents around..

Hopefully it'll be free, but if not, well, I can borrow the money for them and submit it as expenses.

Spoiler: Summer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 07:16:58 pm by Devastator »

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4593 on: February 08, 2022, 07:36:16 pm »

"That's a sta-?" Jack scoffs then slowly gets up from his chair "Miss I'm going to have to put you in timeout for reckless endangerment of fellow team members and a complete disregard of common sense now if you would like to show you do actually have some in that head of yours come quietly before I'm forced to use well... force. Remember anything you do or say will be used against you."

Attempt to actually do at least one of the things in my job description and arrest Summer bringing her to the closest thing to a holding cell around here using force if necessary

« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 02:46:08 am by Fluffe9911 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4594 on: February 08, 2022, 09:14:57 pm »

"Reckless?  That's just knockout gas.  Are you really going to arrest me for throwing a tank of knockout gas into a room filled with friendly robots and sorta-hostile gimps with magic pretzle-twisting powers?"

(Didn't see your post, Fluffe9911)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 02:50:34 am by Devastator »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4595 on: February 08, 2022, 09:33:10 pm »

Turn off the gas, then politely ask if a PE wants to volunteer to help me test out my Tesla gauntlet.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4596 on: February 09, 2022, 04:44:29 am »

"You guys sure do like to talk in riddles, I don't even know where I'd get a hollow log guess I could use a pipe instead."
I guess I should act on this advice so I shall go find a turkey and a section of pipe big enough the turkey will fit in then shove the turkey into the pipe, then take it over to where the gimps are and see if I can convince them that the mystery pipe is something incredible and the only way I'll give it to them is if they leave and shut the door, and if they do accept this deal let them leave then give them the pipe.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things I've done. (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4597 on: February 09, 2022, 07:39:46 am »

"Reckless?  That's just knockout gas.  Are you really going to arrest me for throwing a tank of knockout gas into a room filled with friendly robots and sorta-hostile gimps with magic pretzle-twisting powers?"
"...Yes."
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 09:00:38 am by Fluffe9911 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4598 on: February 09, 2022, 04:57:21 pm »

[3]
"We are always looking for new explorers in the realm of sensation! New lands to conquer, as it were."
They listen to your explanation about HELL
"Ah, interesting. They seem rather uncivilized, but they do also seem to have their hearts in the right place."
"Yes! Removing the entire skeleton from someone all in one instant! What wonderful skill".
"Rowdy is just another word for enthusiastic."
They seem to approve of the idea of spreading their ideas and practices in HELL.

So, it seems we have come to an agreement then? We provide them with an interesting denizen of HELL, and in return they pack up and leave us alone. Do I have that correctly? Or do they want us to take them to HELL?

Either way, check with our superiors to see if they're on board with our plan.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4599 on: February 09, 2022, 05:17:59 pm »

"...Yes."

"..I mean, okay.  You going to arrest Baldwin for doing random occult experiments?  Or Kora for throwing actually-lethal grenades?

If you work with me we might find a weapon that works on them."
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 05:53:41 pm by Devastator »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4600 on: February 09, 2022, 05:26:08 pm »

((OOC: Someone's going to have to summon the unlucky demon. I nominate the Icon of Butchery, it will be interesting to see how the gimps win that fight.))

Ninjaed:
"...Yes."

"..I mean, okay.  You going to arrest Baldwin for doing random occult experiments?  Or Kora for throwing actually-lethal grenades?

If you help me out we might find a weapon that works on them."

((I'm pretty sure the only meatbag still in the room when the bomb went off was Bob actually, and that was only due to that player not posting a turn))
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: WOOD: Constructive
« Reply #4601 on: February 10, 2022, 02:24:20 am »

Wilfred doesn't have aaaany problem delivering the cube.  He just needs to be pointed in the right direction.  Also, told, like, who's in charge of Derp's containment.  Go pick up some audio-blocking text to speech earphones from the dorms, first, then head down there.

Baldwin isn't getting Wilfred's toy gun unless he successfully makes a convincing offer beyond "heeeey can I have it for a bit pretty please?"  I haven't forgotten about it, it's just not a priority right now.  It's still not his.  Okay fine he can have the Fragile Darkness.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mission achievements (click to show/hide)

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: February 10, 2022, 02:53:27 am »

If you work with me we might find a weapon that works on them."
"Agh fine ill let you off with a warning this time but next time please think about what your doing before you do it, I mean come on who knows how long its gonna take for that gas to dissipate! Not even mentioning you gassed poor Bob... Also if I see you try to throw anything else in that room without explaining what it is to me first again im tackling you down to the ground."
Sit back down in my chair slightly more alert thanks to Summer's shenigans.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Intermission
« Reply #4603 on: February 10, 2022, 12:39:52 pm »

Baldwin isn't getting Wilfred's toy gun unless he successfully makes a convincing offer beyond "heeeey can I have it for a bit pretty please?"  I haven't forgotten about it, it's just not a priority right now.  It's still not his.

((I don't want to go through the effort of making this whole argument in IC. Before the alarm went off Wilfred had trusted Baldwin enough to let him look at the gun, and it would have happened if the process wasn't interrupted by the sirens. I thought that now would be a good time to do it since Yagyu seems to be handling the gimps on his own.

Spoiler: Citations (click to show/hide)

Obviously, Devastator's theft and pawning has changed things a little, but unlike that player I'm not a dick. What they did was an incredibly scummy thing that I don't believe should have been allowed to slide specifically because of how it would damage player relationships at the 'table'. I am willing to sign an in-universe contract that enshrines your ownership of the weapon if it would make you feel comfortable.))

Let me make an actual argument now though that can pass as something IC:

"Wilfred my boy! I don't think you see the opportunity in front of you. Before this breach, the best we could have done to learn about the gun safely was by looking at it very carefully, but now we have the perfect test-subjects! Immortal, but not indestructible, sensitive to pain, but still consenting, and you must not forget the Pain Elemental's exquisite attention to detail and knowledge of anatomy! We could learn so much about this gun from them, there's a chance they might even break the mythical fourth wall for us! Plus, the portal can catch any stray projectiles."

"Yagyu though has been making great progress on bargaining with the gimps, so I'm not sure how much longer they will be around for. We must act quickly before this chance slips from our grasp. Don't you agree?"

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: February 10, 2022, 10:57:44 pm »

((Ji has a spacesuit available on loan, if someone not-Summer needs to go in there.))
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 11:21:20 pm by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 334