Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482243 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Such sights to see
« Reply #4530 on: January 22, 2022, 10:04:39 pm »

"I'm more into medicine.  How do you feel about injections or other experiments?  These stimulants..  they always told us to never use more than one.  I've got two right here.."

Negotiate with the gimps.  Start by offering them a double injection of stims.  I want to get a couple of them out of the entry room, maybe towards somewhere with more interesting pain materials, like heavy machinery or the medical wing.

"If that's not enough, how about coming with me to the medical wing?  We've got plenty of new tools there.. I know there's a device that conducts interdimensional transportation.  Maybe you'd appreciate having your limbs literally seperated?"

Spoiler: Summer (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 09:31:28 pm by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #4531 on: January 22, 2022, 10:20:41 pm »

"You know what, fuck you guys! You just don't appreciate the finer things in life!"

Take another chug of booze and kick a gimp in the nuts.
After kicking, continue to ramble in their direction:

"Heyy guys, here at OMNI they make this gas... makes you have a crisis. Really feel your absolute, existential meaninglessness. Betcha that's a lot, looooot worse than anything in your pansy pain dimension. Maybe if you do some jobs around here you could buy some."

Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 12:46:28 pm by Egan_BW »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: WOOD: Constructive
« Reply #4532 on: January 23, 2022, 12:48:55 am »

WHY has Wil not yet closed the door to the pain dimension?  The gimps aren't attacking him.  He has armor good enough to just ignore his teammate's attacks.  My only action has been to close the door to the pain dimension, for two turns straight.

Stop fucking around.  If anyone else's action would stop Wilfred from closing the door to the pain dimension, be it gimp or player, melt them with the fucking acid thrower.  Then close the door to the pain dimension.  If other actions wouldn't prevent Wilfred from closing the door to the pain dimension, then go close the door to the pain dimension.  If somehow something would prevent Wilfred from closing the door to the pain dimension, and he can't melt it, then use Occult to summon a door closing ghost and tell the ghost to close the door to the pain dimension.

If closing the door to the pain dimension would endanger an ally, or endanger Wilfred, I do not care.  Ignore that fact, and then close the door to the pain dimension.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mission achievements (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: January 23, 2022, 04:00:53 am »

"Hey guys I found a dead guy in the stairwell looks like someone in janitorial dropped it gonna see what he's got in his pockets."
See what the dead guy has on his person then proceed up the stairs until I find the floor I came from, make sure my robot friends are still with me.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things I've done. (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: January 23, 2022, 10:10:34 am »

My primary goal is to close the door ASAP. If the knees and elbows that got bent are the ones belonging to the mech-suit, then get out of the suit and proceed with just my robo-body self. If the knees and elbows include the ones belonging to the Robo-body, then learn to crabwalk or whatever and try to close the door that way. If possible, apply the amplified wand to any PE's directly in my way, but only if they are actively blocking me from closing the door. 
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4535 on: January 23, 2022, 02:08:52 pm »

"Naughty boys. You didn't even wait for me to finish! If you want to hurt me, you have to wait your turn."

Execute part 2 of the plan finally. Carve Runes of Banishment onto the flesh mound and send them to H.E.L.L (not the pain dimension, but a different H.E.L.L). If that fails, repeatedly stab the mound with my occult knife and hope one of the shanks sends them to the tree ent dimension.

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Occult is banned
« Reply #4536 on: January 23, 2022, 04:08:38 pm »

tHeiR arE
a|| kINdS
OF paN

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tara (click to show/hide)

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: January 24, 2022, 03:42:50 am »

Try to convince myself my arm isn't goop held together by a bandage

Spoiler: Scottish Medic (click to show/hide)
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4538 on: January 24, 2022, 03:46:34 pm »

"Eh? Is that a al-" Jack suddenly realizes he fell asleep on the job "Oh shit oh shit oh shit WAIT UP GUYS!"

Seems I overslept woops! I gotta find where everybody went! Also why do I hear yelling nearby?

Spoiler:  Jack Blackwater (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 03:48:52 pm by Fluffe9911 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: January 26, 2022, 12:42:03 pm »

(If you have proof, then yes)
Goop thrower 1: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173094.msg8047342#msg8047342
Environmental scanner: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173094.msg8077606#msg8077606
Goop thrower 2: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173094.msg8343637#msg8343637

Wait for people to try their various schemes. If they haven't solved the issue, saunter up to the painbois, gesture to the goop cannon, and say "I have a small experiment I was hoping you experienced sensonauts could help me with. If I may?"

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4540 on: January 28, 2022, 01:21:25 pm »

WHY has Wil not yet closed the door to the pain dimension?  The gimps aren't attacking him.  He has armor good enough to just ignore his teammate's attacks.  My only action has been to close the door to the pain dimension, for two turns straight.

Stop fucking around.  If anyone else's action would stop Wilfred from closing the door to the pain dimension, be it gimp or player, melt them with the fucking acid thrower.  Then close the door to the pain dimension.  If other actions wouldn't prevent Wilfred from closing the door to the pain dimension, then go close the door to the pain dimension.  If somehow something would prevent Wilfred from closing the door to the pain dimension, and he can't melt it, then use Occult to summon a door closing ghost and tell the ghost to close the door to the pain dimension.

If closing the door to the pain dimension would endanger an ally, or endanger Wilfred, I do not care.  Ignore that fact, and then close the door to the pain dimension.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mission achievements (click to show/hide)
[6]
Wilfred, apparently tired of all this, shoves his way past everyone including the pain elementals, and attempts to close the door.  He shoves hard, attempting to decisively slam it. The door remains perfectly in place while he rotates, sparks flying as his feet grind in a small circle.  He tries again, to a similar result. Then he grabs the door with both hands and pushes. It doesn't budge. Its just a wooden office door, it should have broken by now but it remains stubbornly unmoved.

"It's really more of a metaphor than a physical object" one of the elementals advises him.

"You know what, fuck you guys! You just don't appreciate the finer things in life!"

Take another chug of booze and kick a gimp in the nuts.
After kicking, continue to ramble in their direction:

"Heyy guys, here at OMNI they make this gas... makes you have a crisis. Really feel your absolute, existential meaninglessness. Betcha that's a lot, looooot worse than anything in your pansy pain dimension. Maybe if you do some jobs around here you could buy some."

[1]
Kora takes a long swig of the monkey pump and points a finger at the pain elementals.

"Hey! Youuuuuuu...." her word stretches out into a long wheeze and then she collapses face first into the ground.

"Hey guys I found a dead guy in the stairwell looks like someone in janitorial dropped it gonna see what he's got in his pockets."
See what the dead guy has on his person then proceed up the stairs until I find the floor I came from, make sure my robot friends are still with me.
[4][4] Hold that thought.

My primary goal is to close the door ASAP. If the knees and elbows that got bent are the ones belonging to the mech-suit, then get out of the suit and proceed with just my robo-body self. If the knees and elbows include the ones belonging to the Robo-body, then learn to crabwalk or whatever and try to close the door that way. If possible, apply the amplified wand to any PE's directly in my way, but only if they are actively blocking me from closing the door. 
With both mech and robo limbs bent out of whack, moving would be very hard. Not that it seems to matter as Wilfred is trying his damnedest to close that door and having no luck.

"Naughty boys. You didn't even wait for me to finish! If you want to hurt me, you have to wait your turn."

Execute part 2 of the plan finally. Carve Runes of Banishment onto the flesh mound and send them to H.E.L.L (not the pain dimension, but a different H.E.L.L). If that fails, repeatedly stab the mound with my occult knife and hope one of the shanks sends them to the tree ent dimension.

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
[3]
Baldwin wanders over to the pile of merged gimps and starts carving what he thinks are occult symbols into it. When he finally steps back and examines the symbol however...it turns out to be something different.

"Nostalgic!" one of the fused elementals announces, "But rather minimal in effectiveness. Is this a metacommentary?"

tHeiR arE
a|| kINdS
OF paN

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tara (click to show/hide)

Bob dances in the background.

Try to convince myself my arm isn't goop held together by a bandage

[2]
You look at the bloody bandaged mass that used to be your arm. Nope, that's definitely fucked.

"Eh? Is that a al-" Jack suddenly realizes he fell asleep on the job "Oh shit oh shit oh shit WAIT UP GUYS!"

Seems I overslept woops! I gotta find where everybody went! Also why do I hear yelling nearby?

Spoiler:  Jack Blackwater (click to show/hide)
I'm just gonna assume you find the group. There's enough screaming.

(If you have proof, then yes)
Goop thrower 1: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173094.msg8047342#msg8047342
Environmental scanner: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173094.msg8077606#msg8077606
Goop thrower 2: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173094.msg8343637#msg8343637

Wait for people to try their various schemes. If they haven't solved the issue, saunter up to the painbois, gesture to the goop cannon, and say "I have a small experiment I was hoping you experienced sensonauts could help me with. If I may?"

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Refund it then.

"Oh?" The increasing number of Gimps respond, "What exactly is your proposition?"

"I'm more into medicine.  How do you feel about injections or other experiments?  These stimulants..  they always told us to never use more than one.  I've got two right here.."

Negotiate with the gimps.  Start by offering them a double injection of stims.  I want to get a couple of them out of the entry room, maybe towards somewhere with more interesting pain materials, like heavy machinery or the medical wing.

"If that's not enough, how about coming with me to the medical wing?  We've got plenty of new tools there.. I know there's a device that conducts interdimensional transportation.  Maybe you'd appreciate having your limbs literally seperated?"

[1]
The Gimp takes the stimulants from Summer before she can pull them away and carefully examines them. Seems difficult, without eyes, but he still does it. Then, with zero hesitation, he jams both into Summer's neck and injects them. He then steps back to see what happens. 
[6]
Summer, after a pause, reaches up and plucks the syringes from her neck. She carefully places them on the ground and then returns her attention to the Elemental. Her eyes, nose, ears, and mouth begin leaking blood but she smiles.

"Not bad. A fairly mellow experience."

[1][1]

Burt walks up behind the team, waving to get their attention. A few people turn and notice that he's holding a shrieking skull in one hand.

"Hey guys!" He shouts, "Look what I found!"

The crystalline or perhaps glass skull's mouth suddenly falls open and the cloudy white interior erupts into vibrant colors as the weapon activates.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: January 28, 2022, 02:32:02 pm »

Hmm, less than optimal. Link to the OMNI-net and see if there are any robots or anything nearby than I could temporarily take control of.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #4542 on: January 28, 2022, 03:43:04 pm »

Try to be helpful while unconscious. Or to keep drinking. Either or.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: January 28, 2022, 05:13:20 pm »

Look for alcohol, proceed to drink in order to forget the PAAAAAAIIIIN.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 12:27:20 am by Horizon »
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: January 28, 2022, 05:46:07 pm »

(I think we might need to provide these gimps not-pain.  Instead of blowing them up or harming them, maybe we can numb them and shove them back through the door.  Then maybe we can close it

Or we could enter their zone and kill enough of them for real on the other side.  They might not be able to enter if we keep the other side of the door free.)

Any necessary stat-sheet changes due to the two additional doses of stimulant?

Activate the force-field.  Run for cover.

Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 334