Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482275 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: A magical realm
« Reply #4500 on: January 11, 2022, 01:16:32 am »

Combine a use of Painkillers with my foam grenade to make a foam grenade that dispenses painkillers.  Might be helpful if I have to defend myself.

If that fails, get my squirrel-drone deployed so I can hunt around for survivors or noncombatants.

Spoiler: Summer (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: January 11, 2022, 03:17:22 am »

"When you say 'unkillable', do you mean like, they don't take physical damage, or that they automatically reincarnate, or that they have an extreme healing factor? Or something different? It's an important distinction."
Continue leading the way towards the door. Shoot any PEs I see, unless I find out it's pointless. On another note, how well armed should we expect them to be? Or, if they use magics and the like, how powerful are they?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: January 11, 2022, 05:37:26 am »

"It seems like dying and becoming a robot was the best thing that could have happened to me."
Find out what my robot friends names are and have my shotgun at the ready in case any of those pain guys show up while I follow along with the group.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Intermission
« Reply #4503 on: January 11, 2022, 06:16:09 am »

Start wandering with Kora towards the pain elemental door, drinking the Monkey Pump as we go.  Get smashed.  Keep the ACA ready, and melt any PEs seen.  Presuming Wilfred went and retrieved his hardsuit before he bought alcohol.

Kno check--Can PEs be hurt by painkillers?

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: January 11, 2022, 10:48:02 am »

Any items your character class starts with replenish at the start of any mission. Anything you buy later doesn't. However, some promotions can grant you respawning items. Like you got the Cognition copier. I think a few other people have respawning stuff.

If sec gives their rifle to someone else, they get a new one. They get 1 per mission effectively. Though only if they  no longer have theirs. They don't get an extra.

If this is how the rules work now, that's great, but then I think this is a change in how the rules worked before (assuming I'm not misinterpreting something here):

In that case, do we get any of our class-specific gear back? What about the brain uploader, does it need to be rebought?

If you had a brain copy, then you're dumped into any body you have ready. If you have no body ready and not enough money to buy one, you go into debt and get dumped into a mechanical slave body. Check the arsenal for it.
You lose any items you had, including starting gear.

As such, does that mean we can get reimbursed for any class-specific starting gear we bought back after destruction? For example, I just rebought a goop thrower cause mine went kablooie in that shack, but I should apparently get one for free?

Actual mission action: Move up with the gang. Goop painbois as needed.

Also, question for Bill: do these guys get attracted to things like pain? As in, could we distract them by eg. harassing a squirrel and throwing it past them? And how do they respond to simulated/virtual pain?

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 11:10:02 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: January 11, 2022, 03:02:01 pm »

((For the record, unless I state otherwise you can assume Ed always relays the info/camera feeds he finds to whoever on the team wants to know))

Ed wiggles his tentacles in an success and radios his teammates"I bring information from The Network. The door in question is to the north of our current location, 3 floors down, directly to the right of a water cooler. It looks like a standard office door. You can identify it for sure by a plain piece of printer paper taped to it that reads "DO NOT OPEN, PAIN DIMENSION", and the fact that a bunch of weirdos are kinda standing in front of it.

They, uh, look like a bunch of  Gimps in leather all wrapped up with barbed wire or impaled on spikes or with their faces peeled off and worn on headdresses. It's actually rather disturbing. Also, there's some kind of black susbtance flowing out of the door that's crawling up the walls, so that can't be good."

Continue using the scanner, now search specifically for the gimps I see standing in front of the door. I'm searching for info about these gimps in particular (current location, what they're doing, etc) as well as their kind in general.

Follow Yagyu, but stay behind a bit. Let him take the lead and round corners first and all that. Once we're in range, stop and send out one of my camera drones to the door, fly it inside the door if possible.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #4506 on: January 11, 2022, 06:06:18 pm »

Al nods "Aye-aye." acknowledging Ed's useful bit of information as he followed both Yagyu and their tentacled compadre.

Walk alongside Yagyu, pull out my sidearm once we get in range, load it and fire a shot at the gimps.
Spoiler: Scottish Medic (click to show/hide)
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4507 on: January 15, 2022, 07:11:09 pm »

'Carefully' chug some MONKEY PUMP. I honestly don't want to remember any of this.

Do continue to party with Wil though.

Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)
[5]
You take a large mouthful of Monkey Pump. It feels like you're resurfacing your mouth and throat with napalm. Pretty good! You drink three more cups and then have to lay down to stop yourself from flying off the surface of the earth.

"zzzzzz....bananaslamaa...zzzzzzz"

Continue to sleep until someone wakes me up or I fall out of my chair whichever comes first

Spoiler:  Jack Blackwater (click to show/hide)
[2]
You'd think the alarms would wake you up but...apparently not.

Wake up and try again

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
[7,8]
You wake up and actually manage to stay conscious long enough to turn your pain receptors off.  You then mentally repress the whole last several minutes.

Combine a use of Painkillers with my foam grenade to make a foam grenade that dispenses painkillers.  Might be helpful if I have to defend myself.

If that fails, get my squirrel-drone deployed so I can hunt around for survivors or noncombatants.

Spoiler: Summer (click to show/hide)
You'd have to combine 1 whole painkiller for this. [1,2] Ya don't get it anyways.

[2] These lazy rodents don't feel like working either, apparently.

"It seems like dying and becoming a robot was the best thing that could have happened to me."
Find out what my robot friends names are and have my shotgun at the ready in case any of those pain guys show up while I follow along with the group.
Had to go back and search these out. According to my past self the animatronics were
"A big frog in suspenders, a Fox in a sort of dandy's outfit, a female goose with...a large chest...dressed in purple, furs and boa, and a porcupine in overalls and floppy cap. "

You nabbed the fox so the others are: Mr. Frog, Miss Godiva Goose, and Prickly Dan.

Start wandering with Kora towards the pain elemental door, drinking the Monkey Pump as we go.  Get smashed.  Keep the ACA ready, and melt any PEs seen.  Presuming Wilfred went and retrieved his hardsuit before he bought alcohol.

Kno check--Can PEs be hurt by painkillers?

[10]
You start drinking monkey pump and you don't stop. You pick up Kora with one hand and drag her towards the Pain dimension door.

Assuming you wanna use subspace library [6] You open the small console and search your question. It hums for a moment and an odd feeling prickles across your skin.  An answer pops up in golden text on the bare black screen.

"Pain Elementals are not harmed by pain killers, but they do have a distinct dislike for them."

((For the record, unless I state otherwise you can assume Ed always relays the info/camera feeds he finds to whoever on the team wants to know))

Ed wiggles his tentacles in an success and radios his teammates"I bring information from The Network. The door in question is to the north of our current location, 3 floors down, directly to the right of a water cooler. It looks like a standard office door. You can identify it for sure by a plain piece of printer paper taped to it that reads "DO NOT OPEN, PAIN DIMENSION", and the fact that a bunch of weirdos are kinda standing in front of it.

They, uh, look like a bunch of  Gimps in leather all wrapped up with barbed wire or impaled on spikes or with their faces peeled off and worn on headdresses. It's actually rather disturbing. Also, there's some kind of black susbtance flowing out of the door that's crawling up the walls, so that can't be good."

Continue using the scanner, now search specifically for the gimps I see standing in front of the door. I'm searching for info about these gimps in particular (current location, what they're doing, etc) as well as their kind in general.

Follow Yagyu, but stay behind a bit. Let him take the lead and round corners first and all that. Once we're in range, stop and send out one of my camera drones to the door, fly it inside the door if possible.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
[1] The scanner blinks black and displays the letter "M".

Eat the first zombie chicken in line. Waddle down to near the pain door.
Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tara (click to show/hide)
Bob scuttles around, snaps up a chicken, and proceeds on while swallowing it whole.

Any items your character class starts with replenish at the start of any mission. Anything you buy later doesn't. However, some promotions can grant you respawning items. Like you got the Cognition copier. I think a few other people have respawning stuff.

If sec gives their rifle to someone else, they get a new one. They get 1 per mission effectively. Though only if they  no longer have theirs. They don't get an extra.

If this is how the rules work now, that's great, but then I think this is a change in how the rules worked before (assuming I'm not misinterpreting something here):

In that case, do we get any of our class-specific gear back? What about the brain uploader, does it need to be rebought?

If you had a brain copy, then you're dumped into any body you have ready. If you have no body ready and not enough money to buy one, you go into debt and get dumped into a mechanical slave body. Check the arsenal for it.
You lose any items you had, including starting gear.

As such, does that mean we can get reimbursed for any class-specific starting gear we bought back after destruction? For example, I just rebought a goop thrower cause mine went kablooie in that shack, but I should apparently get one for free?

Actual mission action: Move up with the gang. Goop painbois as needed.

Also, question for Bill: do these guys get attracted to things like pain? As in, could we distract them by eg. harassing a squirrel and throwing it past them? And how do they respond to simulated/virtual pain?

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
I probably should make sure its clear on the OP.  I think what I meant when I said that was that you lose any you hand CURRENTLY. Ie if you had a rifle and died, the rifle would go away until start of the next mission. Since starting items refresh at the start of missions.

"Uh...how's a fella to put this...Ok imagine this: If I threw a girly tabloid past your head you'd probably be reasonably distracted right? But if a naked supermodel threw a piece of gentleman's literature, you'd probably keep your eyes on the model not the magazine, right? They ain't dumb critters, they can comprehend abstract concepts and delayed gratification."

"When you say 'unkillable', do you mean like, they don't take physical damage, or that they automatically reincarnate, or that they have an extreme healing factor? Or something different? It's an important distinction."
Continue leading the way towards the door. Shoot any PEs I see, unless I find out it's pointless. On another note, how well armed should we expect them to be? Or, if they use magics and the like, how powerful are they?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"They'll die, vanish, and pop right back out of the door. Also they don't die easily. Most of them look half dead to start with."

Alec, Edward, Yagyu, Burt, Wilfred, Kora, Bob, Ji, Summer, and Baldwin all head for the door to the pain dimension. With Edward's help its a pretty easy trip, just down an elevator and over a few halls. The room containing the Door to the pain dimension is completely non-discrete but it is sitting slightly open and leaking out fog, flickering lights, and the sounds of either an orgy or a dungeon...maybe an orgy dungeon.  The team advances on the door and Edward is making ready to do some careful recon when Alec kicks the door wide open and steps in with a shout.  The room is...well it looks like it was a break room or something like it once. Mostly empty, just some shelves and a fridge on the right, large table in the center. On the far wall is the door to the pain dimension where....Looking through reveals an eternal life of agony, where every taboo is transgressed and every safety disregarded. Nothing is held back and every cruel action is undertaken with loving attention to detail. There is no haste, no uncertainty, for you have all of time to bear witness to the destruction of yourself on every level.  In front of that door are the three gimps. Leather wearing, pale skinned, wrapped in barbed wire or impaled with spikes, they look like escapees from that place who have taken a liking to their eternal torture.

Alec screams something incomprehensible and fires his pistol at the closest gimp- a man with no eyes, no nose, and no teeth- who was "Staring" with all his vacant sockets at the entry door.  The shot catches the man square between the eyes and whips his head back, rocking him back onto his heels. He stays like that a moment before standing back up straight and showing that his already vacant face is now nothing but a bloody hole with a loosely flapping mouth beneath it. They can see the far wall through the hole where his head used to be.  The gimp tilts its head back and forth slowly, blood and bone fragments dribbling out and down its chest. Finally it shakes its head.

"Efficient, but the human body was never designed to comprehend ballistic pain." it says in a gurgling voice, before pointing at Alec. "Try this instead."
[1]
As he says this the skin on Alec's right arm is peeled off like a banana, several thick strips of bloody flesh curling back from his wrist to his shoulder.  The entire exposed musculature beneath bleeds profusely and Alec collapses to the ground, screaming incoherently and trying desperately to roll the strips of flesh back over the raw meat of his arm.

Another gimp, this one with the flesh on its chest peeled off in successive layers and arrayed with wires and hooks to form a sort flower like motif, looks at the group. His eyes are held open with more hooks so he has little choice of doing so.

"Greetings fellow travelers in sensation. Are you here to partake?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Occult is banned
« Reply #4508 on: January 15, 2022, 07:17:14 pm »

Eet mOar CHikN
Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tara (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #4509 on: January 15, 2022, 07:33:59 pm »

"Nahhhh... We're here to party, motherfuckers!"
Kora swings her RPG towards the gimps.
"D'ye... ye savages even know what this is?! It'll blow yer goblets right up yes it willll!"

Blow the gimps up if it seems like a good idea at the time. Otherwise just rant and insult their primitive tastes. Booze and explosives are way more fun than sex torture.

Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Such sights to see
« Reply #4510 on: January 15, 2022, 10:09:21 pm »

Light them up with the auto-cannon. Don’t release the trigger until they’re all red mist.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: January 15, 2022, 11:34:01 pm »

"We are all interested in bloodshed, but not all of us are as experienced at inflicting it. If you allow my clumsy colleagues the courtesy go first, then I will show you the experience of a master!" Baldwin pulls his glove like a mad scientist about to conduct business.

Once everyone else on my team has their go, use Fleshwarping to merge all the pain elementals together into one being.

"Have you ever had the intimate experience of sharing your pain with another? I hear there is no other like it."

Once merged, carve runes of banishment directly onto their flesh using my occult knife. Don't send the mass back to the pain dimension of course, but to a different H.E.L.L.

If the merging fails, just try to turn on the pain receptors for one gimp and then carve a Rune of Pain if they aren't satisfied with that.

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: WOOD: Constructive
« Reply #4512 on: January 16, 2022, 12:07:16 am »

Walk over and shut the door.  After the explosives go off.

Spoiler: Mission achievements (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Such sights to see
« Reply #4513 on: January 16, 2022, 05:16:23 am »

"What a bunch of kinky weirdos, as much as I'd like to kill them it seems you guys have this covered so I'm gonna go see if there aren't any others out wondering the halls."
Have the robots follow me while I search the surrounding hallways for any other gimps that might have left the room, also see if the mags from my OMNITECH sidearm will fit in those regular handguns I have.
Spoiler: Things I've done. (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #4514 on: January 16, 2022, 11:49:21 am »

("Why do bad things happen to good people?" - Peter Griffin)

"AGHMOTHEROFGODFUCKINGAGHHHHHHHHHHMAKEITSTOP!" Al screams, fleeing the room.

Desperately use whatever I can to stop the pain, first try to patch-up the wound with the med kit then inject myself with the stimulant.

Spoiler: Scottish Medic (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 11:53:56 am by Horizon »
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 334