Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482354 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Intermission
« Reply #4485 on: January 07, 2022, 05:33:56 am »

Wait wait what?  Like, guns and ammo and armor too?  This is kinda a big deal if so; I've been assuming it was all lost on death, which is balanced by the fact you prolly have better stuff (and can almost certainly buy better stuff) if you've been around much time at all.

...But yeah, if this is true, what happens if a security member gives someone their generic rifle, or their armor, after getting something better?  If it's refreshed, that means potentially infinite guns and armor, kinda.  If it's not refreshed, we should be able to sell it.

((The way I understand it, it's 'refreshed' in the sense of getting refilled. So eg. a toolkit will go back to 3/3 uses after the mission. However, if you loot a starting gear toolkit from a newb, those charges will not refill, you just get to use what's left. And destroyed equipment also doesn't get refunded, even if it's starting gear. The idea is to not make it too profitable to just keep murdering newbs for their stuff, I guess.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: January 07, 2022, 06:51:35 am »

((Yeah, but that's a way to understand it.  It isn't explicit in the OP, and however it works, should be specified there.  Or at least clarified.

EDIT: Also, if the refill rule is correct, then all starting gear should still be sellable.  It's not like you're cheesing anything... you're actually selling an improved item (refilling medkit is way better than a normal medkit) for the same poor price.  Even if someone sells 100% of their starting gear, and buys different stuff, that should power-wise be a disadvantage, and improves player freedom at the same time.  The only real cheese it combats is people spamming characters who commit suicide, which would be less of a gain than starting characters buying 500 cost items and being looted of them, anyway.

I don't think preventing newbs from being murdered and looted is a serious concern.  I don't think anyone's done that in the history of the game?  Even if it were a concern, it'd be better to just have it be a rule that OMNIcorp itself retaliates.  Killing teammates is destruction of company property, which they don't like.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: January 07, 2022, 08:30:44 am »

((Speaking of cheesing the system, I should probably buy an OMNITECH Voice manipulator so that Bob can meow))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: January 07, 2022, 09:26:24 am »

((Yeah, but that's a way to understand it.  It isn't explicit in the OP, and however it works, should be specified there.  Or at least clarified.

EDIT: Also, if the refill rule is correct, then all starting gear should still be sellable.  It's not like you're cheesing anything... you're actually selling an improved item (refilling medkit is way better than a normal medkit) for the same poor price.  Even if someone sells 100% of their starting gear, and buys different stuff, that should power-wise be a disadvantage, and improves player freedom at the same time.  The only real cheese it combats is people spamming characters who commit suicide, which would be less of a gain than starting characters buying 500 cost items and being looted of them, anyway.

I don't think preventing newbs from being murdered and looted is a serious concern.  I don't think anyone's done that in the history of the game?  Even if it were a concern, it'd be better to just have it be a rule that OMNIcorp itself retaliates.  Killing teammates is destruction of company property, which they don't like.))

((Having a bunch of game mechanics not explained anywhere is PW 101, no?  :p

Either way, I wouldn't mind getting some clarification here either. But do note that we had the situation on the mr. Friendly mission that so many newbs died and respawned, that by the end of the mission we had collected quite a large pile of stuff for the teamfund. Since we couldn't sell any of it though, no battlesuit battalion was forthcoming, sadly.))

((Speaking of cheesing the system, I should probably buy an OMNITECH Voice manipulator so that Bob can meow))

((+1))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: January 07, 2022, 01:06:07 pm »

Jot down the type / name of this room for my accomplishments.  Meeting room?  Storage room?  Office space?

Get some painkillers for 100 OMNI

Use my medical skill and supplies from my medkit (to roll at advantage ) to make the painkillers into a multi-use item.  Omnicorp probably made them strong enough to tranquilize elephants, after all.

Spoiler: Summer (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 05:23:06 pm by Devastator »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: January 07, 2022, 01:46:02 pm »

Baldwin spends some time chilling in Schrodinger's room. In one timeline, Baldwin had ran to the teleporter room in hopes of leaving the compound and escaping from this disaster. In another, Baldwin had stayed to fight the demonic invasion for that was a duty that was very clearly bolded in his job description. Until someone observes him, he could be in either place.

"So pain elemental you say, eh?" Baldwin smoke his pipe. "Sounds like serious business. How close would you say it is? I doubt you could get that far away from it, injured as you are."

Before even waiting for an answer from Bill, Baldwin makes an announcement to his group (who he was with this whole time).

"In a few seconds, a pain elemental and god knows what else is going to come down one of these hallways. I'm sure that with Will's hardsuit, we'll have the firepower to deal with it, but it may still be able to wreck some of our nerves. I'm gonna try to turn off my pain-receptors using magic. If it works I'll make you guys the same offer."

Use flesh-warping to turn off my pain-receptors. If I succeed, perform the procedure on any other meatbags who consent to it. Then grab the 'Fragile Darkness' gun from Will and have it aimed at the Hallway Bill said they were coming from. Shoot the first demon I see, and then generate a pokedex entry of it using my occult knowledge. Shoot with my regular pistol instead if the occult gun is denied for some reason. If nothing comes up to attack for some reason, finish my examination of the occult gun.

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: January 07, 2022, 02:33:54 pm »

Ask Bill to describe the entities, and give a brief rundown of the events that transpired.

Once info is dispensed, take the lead towards the breach. Shoot anything scary looking with my Auto-cannon

Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4492 on: January 08, 2022, 04:45:45 am »

((The way I understand it, it's 'refreshed' in the sense of getting refilled. So eg. a toolkit will go back to 3/3 uses after the mission.))
((Well shit forgot all about that and bought another one, guess I have two now.))
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #4493 on: January 09, 2022, 11:29:51 am »

Is there time to quickly buy myself a goop thrower and extra goop canister? If yes, do so after asking some questions to this dude.

"How do we actually close a portal like that, exactly? And do these elementals die when you shoot them, or is this more like occult bullshit?

Edward, maybe you can start by, ah, 'gaining access' to the cameras in the disaster zone and see what's going on in there? And maybe close some blast doors or whatever to prevent them from running rampant if you can."

Should gribblies present themselves already, goop ‘em!

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

The idea of a drink sounds nice but Al will stick with Yagyu and Ed, readying himself to beat the everliving crap out of Gribblies coming through the portal.

Spoiler: Scottish Medic (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4494 on: January 10, 2022, 10:44:32 pm »

Is there time to quickly buy myself a goop thrower and extra goop canister? If yes, do so after asking some questions to this dude.

"How do we actually close a portal like that, exactly? And do these elementals die when you shoot them, or is this more like occult bullshit?

Edward, maybe you can start by, ah, 'gaining access' to the cameras in the disaster zone and see what's going on in there? And maybe close some blast doors or whatever to prevent them from running rampant if you can."

Yeah sure why not you goop obsessed weirdo.

"Its a door. You close it." he mimes closing a door. "Come on fella you've walked trough at least 10 to get here. As per shooting them....well it will make them go away for a bit at least. But pain elementals are the syphilis of extra-dimensional entities. Really pretty fitting, am I right?" He waggles his eyebrows at no one in particular.

Bob

Also, purchase and install an OMNItech Necromantic Instigator. Immediately begin raising the chickens from the cafeteria to do my bidding, followed by any lab animals not yet properly incinerated. The bigger and more mutated the better. Contact Tim Burton for movie right negotiations.

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tara (click to show/hide)
Hmmm, no idea how that will effect you. It is designed for human brains but heck why not.  It replaces your gator eyes with eerie glowing black purple eyes. Corpses now have a strange purplish glow around them and you can see their ghosts meandering about in many cases.
[3]
Bob wanders out of the cafeteria followed by a line of plucked, headless chickens marching in lock step, wisps of purple and blue flame dancing around them.

I Thought it was listed? I don't remember off the top of my head unless its listed in the armory. If its really not there, I'll dig it up.
((It's not in the arsenal as far as I can see, but previously you've stated it as "10% of object cost with a max of 100 Omni". I got that package deal that gave my the octobody+all its installed gizmos for 1000, which would make the insurance 100. That sound right?))

Ed wiggles his tentacles in an affirmative "I can certainly try to do so!"

Buy insurance for octobody for 100 OMNI (pending approval), and a toolbox for 200.

Then use the omniscient network scanner to search for info regarding this door to the pain dimension. If the scanner needs more specifics, I'm looking for its location, what has come through it, and how to close it.

After using the scanner, see if I can access the normal base network and take control of some camera's/turrets/doors near the breach

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)

Sounds Right to me.  Bought.

The network scanner pulls up snippets of video, sound bites, text and sensor readings.  From what you can tell the door is...to the north, 3 floors down, directly to the right of a water cooler. It looks like...well...a standard office door. There's a plain piece of printer paper taped to it that reads "DO NOT OPEN, PAIN DIMENSION".

Standing around the door are what look like a bunch of weirdos. Gimps in leather all wrapped up with barbed wire or impaled on spikes or with their faces peeled off and worn on headdresses. They are...mostly just milling around there.  The door does appear to be leaking some sort of oily black substance out that is slowly engulfing the room and crawling around the walls though.

"Zzzz"

Keep sleeping

Spoiler:  Jack Blackwater (click to show/hide)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No, they shouldn't be selling those. Starting items are unsellable because they refresh at the start of each mission.

Wait wait what?  Like, guns and ammo and armor too?  This is kinda a big deal if so; I've been assuming it was all lost on death, which is balanced by the fact you prolly have better stuff (and can almost certainly buy better stuff) if you've been around much time at all.

...But yeah, if this is true, what happens if a security member gives someone their generic rifle, or their armor, after getting something better?  If it's refreshed, that means potentially infinite guns and armor, kinda.  If it's not refreshed, we should be able to sell it.

...Anyway, sell the neuron reconfig for 300, then go spend 50 on getting as much of the cheapest alcohol that can buy.  Share some with Kora, but don't get drunk quite yet.

Edit: Do not give Baldwin the fragile darkness gun.  I mean, I really don't want to test it in live fire.

"Nah, I don't have painkillers.  But I have money, and finally have a physical body again!  This is a great excuse to get drunk on the job!  Come on, bang lady!  Let's go get hammered."

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Any items your character class starts with replenish at the start of any mission. Anything you buy later doesn't. However, some promotions can grant you respawning items. Like you got the Cognition copier. I think a few other people have respawning stuff.

If sec gives their rifle to someone else, they get a new one. They get 1 per mission effectively. Though only if they  no longer have theirs. They don't get an extra.

Sold. The cheapest alcohol you can buy comes in a jerry can and is stamped with the name "MONKEY PUMP". It takes like paint thinner and could probably be used for that purpose. You should probably drink it carefully and slowly lest it fucking kill you.

"Can't argue with that. Explosives, ghosts, and booze. Seems like a good time!"

Go with Wil to get booze. Not that I can contribute anything to that quest, since I have no money and worse fate and speech than Wil. So just let him drive.
Oh, and make sure to get good film of our booze run.

Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)
The video so far is good. Lets just hope this doesn't become evidence in a court case.

Jot down the type / name of this room for my accomplishments.  Meeting room?  Storage room?  Office space?

Get some painkillers for 100 OMNI

Use my medical skill and supplies from my medkit (to roll at advantage ) to make the painkillers into a multi-use item.  Omnicorp probably made them strong enough to tranquilize elephants, after all.

Spoiler: Summer (click to show/hide)
You check the name of the room. "INDUSTRIAL LUBRICANT STORAGE"....Yeah ok.

Ok.
[4]Any pain killer YOU buy now has a d6 use die.

Baldwin spends some time chilling in Schrodinger's room. In one timeline, Baldwin had ran to the teleporter room in hopes of leaving the compound and escaping from this disaster. In another, Baldwin had stayed to fight the demonic invasion for that was a duty that was very clearly bolded in his job description. Until someone observes him, he could be in either place.

"So pain elemental you say, eh?" Baldwin smoke his pipe. "Sounds like serious business. How close would you say it is? I doubt you could get that far away from it, injured as you are."

Before even waiting for an answer from Bill, Baldwin makes an announcement to his group (who he was with this whole time).

"In a few seconds, a pain elemental and god knows what else is going to come down one of these hallways. I'm sure that with Will's hardsuit, we'll have the firepower to deal with it, but it may still be able to wreck some of our nerves. I'm gonna try to turn off my pain-receptors using magic. If it works I'll make you guys the same offer."

Use flesh-warping to turn off my pain-receptors. If I succeed, perform the procedure on any other meatbags who consent to it. Then grab the 'Fragile Darkness' gun from Will and have it aimed at the Hallway Bill said they were coming from. Shoot the first demon I see, and then generate a pokedex entry of it using my occult knowledge. Shoot with my regular pistol instead if the occult gun is denied for some reason. If nothing comes up to attack for some reason, finish my examination of the occult gun.

[1]
You turn on your pain receptors.

All of them.

At once.

You last a surprising and commendable 3 seconds before passing out. The screams before that happens are quite something. You wouldn't think someone could scream so hard they lose a tooth, but you prove them wrong!

The idea of a drink sounds nice but Al will stick with Yagyu and Ed, readying himself to beat the everliving crap out of Gribblies coming through the portal.

Spoiler: Scottish Medic (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

I assume this involves swearing and getting into a fisticuffs stance. Getting ready to beat things up, that is.

Ask Bill to describe the entities, and give a brief rundown of the events that transpired.

Once info is dispensed, take the lead towards the breach. Shoot anything scary looking with my Auto-cannon

Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)

"Ahh...so ya ever have that friend who can't keep his proclivities out of daily life? Ya know, the one that goes to his father's funeral in a leather dog mask. Or who brings their wife to the Omni-mart in nothing but a latex sack? Or brings bottles of their own piss to the applebees and makes prolonged eye contact with ya while they....well you get the picture. I ain't no prude but there's a time and place for everything ya know? Pain elementals are that guy. They're obsessed with it, want to feel pain, want to make others feel pain. Can't die as far as I know and will not leave you alone! Bureaucratic bastards too.  You know that 5 minutes of pain they do every morning? That's what we had to promise them last time this happened.

Just go in there and get them to go home."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: A magical realm
« Reply #4495 on: January 10, 2022, 11:20:06 pm »

((Well, good thing I got those extra painkillers.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #4496 on: January 10, 2022, 11:23:21 pm »

'Carefully' chug some MONKEY PUMP. I honestly don't want to remember any of this.

Do continue to party with Wil though.

Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 11:55:55 pm by Egan_BW »

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: January 10, 2022, 11:39:18 pm »

"zzzzzz....bananaslamaa...zzzzzzz"

Continue to sleep until someone wakes me up or I fall out of my chair whichever comes first

Spoiler:  Jack Blackwater (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Occult is banned
« Reply #4498 on: January 10, 2022, 11:55:23 pm »

Eat the first zombie chicken in line. Waddle down to near the pain door.
Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tara (click to show/hide)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: January 11, 2022, 12:31:32 am »

Wake up and try again

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 334