Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482211 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Intermission
« Reply #4455 on: December 29, 2021, 06:59:56 am »

((Depending on how much, probably yeah. Though I'd kinda like to see first how your current IC situation shakes out. Dead men tell no tales take out no mortgages, after all. :v ))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4456 on: December 29, 2021, 07:01:02 am »

((I don't think you'd like the terms, anyway.  They'd be explict.. repayment only happens while the character is alive and backups do not count.  Otherwise there'd be no reason to keep the character who borrowed the money alive.))
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 07:08:20 am by Devastator »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4457 on: December 29, 2021, 07:13:01 am »

((I'm not sure I understand this entirely. Because if I read this correctly, doesn't it mean that if you were to buy a cognition copier and die/kill yourself, the loan becomes void?))
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 07:15:03 am by Radio Controlled »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4458 on: December 29, 2021, 07:14:50 am »

((Well yes, but I don't have one, nor do I want one.  This is to cover stuff like "I die, but the literal ghost-god there won't let me die."  Or other bizarre shenanigans.))

((Basically, if I'm forced through shenanigans into being stuck here with an immortal character, I don't want to be garnishing half my wages for all eternity.))
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 07:16:23 am by Devastator »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4459 on: December 29, 2021, 07:17:30 am »

((...This must be the first time I see someone having PTSD over a forum game that's nearly a decade old by now.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4460 on: December 29, 2021, 07:21:27 am »

((Think of it more like "I want there to be a reason for the vet to keep the newbie alive and earning money, and a method that is actually hard, not one that can be done with a simple 300 OMNI expenditure per mission."  Seriously, if backups count, surviving is trivial.))

((If you aren't comfortable with the idea that your paycheck might actually die, then don't make the loan.  Simple.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4461 on: December 29, 2021, 09:48:09 am »

((To reiterate, I'm not actually expecting to earn profit here, if I added conditions it'd be more to have some assurance that I'm not just pissing away money for nothing. Same reason why I'm usually more reluctant to loan to people with new accounts or those with a penchant for dropping games often. How much do you reckon you need anyway?))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4462 on: December 29, 2021, 10:19:32 am »

((...This must be the first time I see someone having PTSD over a forum game that's nearly a decade old by now.))

((Oh man, he still complains about it whenever it comes up, in #einsteinianroulette.  Dev's nothing if not consistent, and he really holds grudges.))

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4463 on: December 29, 2021, 11:51:14 am »

((His behaviour seemed a little... irrational. Surprised to learn the origin of it now. When did the “incident” happen in ER. Was it still during the original thread or after it was granted it’s own sub?))
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4464 on: December 29, 2021, 01:14:23 pm »

((There was an experiment with paying players from pay pools, which did not go well.  It's probably one of the reasons why missions have a minimum pay of 500 OMNI each, and payouts are per-player, to avoid a repeat.  The Mook pay system is far superior.))

((As for why to be okay with throwing out money but not getting free money, it's basically because I'm a freak who feels money sinks are good things, and I'm willing to lose my money on it.  It's why if I'm going to take a high interest loan from RC, I want terms that make it a genuine possibility that the principle is lost.  RC doesn't want to risk pissing away money for nothing, so there's a philosophical disagreement there.))

((As for why not be perpetually immortal, that's a different matter.  Basically there's two reasons.  One is that I feel that having revives take away the sense that my decisions matter, lowering the stakes and making individual die rolls and events less important.  The other is that automatic revives are only good things if your life goal isn't to escape.  I'm too burnt out from the latter reason to run a character who embraces such, even if it would be better.))
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 01:17:19 pm by Devastator »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4465 on: December 29, 2021, 02:20:30 pm »

-meh-
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 03:15:12 pm by Ozarck »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4466 on: December 29, 2021, 04:03:04 pm »

"I'll take the money, and since I don't feel like keeping a grudge, we'll call that even. But if you ever try to screw me over again, I won't be so lenient. If you really want a head start in this team, maybe you'd be better off taking the generosity that is offered to you rather than screwing over you're teammates just to end up with worse terms than if you had just played fair. For the record, I don't care about the money, or the stuff. I just really, really hate getting fucked over."
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 04:15:55 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4467 on: December 29, 2021, 04:10:07 pm »

Assuming everything is officially settled, I take a 5 omni loan from the loan shark, then buy an armored space suit. Anyone who needs it can use it, except Summer, for obvious reasons.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)

((Also, sorry. I didn’t realize I was double posting.))
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4468 on: December 29, 2021, 09:03:32 pm »

((Radio did you see my post? I was hoping to carry on the conversation with Yagyu.))
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4469 on: December 30, 2021, 03:59:25 am »

Use the 500 OMNI received from Yagyu to buy a personal shield generator.

Summer silently reviews the situation, thinking to herself.

Well.. I don't know if that was good or bad.  There was some of each there.  The bad is that Ji thinks she got screwed over.  The extra bad is that Ji thinks loaning a newbie a biorazor is generosity.

I did take advantage of that, but.. getting rid of that thing is probably doing someone a service.  Someone would have borrowed it and killed themselves with it.

And I got a drone control program, so I should be able to do something this time while sitting in a room for safety.

Pop a stim and move away from the siren.  Look for a room, ideally a reasonably secure one with two or more exits.

Spoiler: Summer (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 03:04:16 pm by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 334