Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482286 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Intermission
« Reply #4380 on: December 17, 2021, 04:45:36 am »

Other players can suggest and vote on what body Wil should now have.  Suggest anything that could presumably pilot a hardsuit, and I'll go with whatever gets the most votes!  Your local ghost god is a big supporter of democracy.

EDIT: Democracy isn't working, because nobody votes.  Roll on some random table to generate a body, please?

Buff catgirl.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #4381 on: December 17, 2021, 05:11:19 am »

"Just getting acquainted with the place. Have to set up my tools too, before my first real job, you know? Know anybody who sells explosives for cheaper than the vending machines?"

Converse with the NPC.

Performing a transaction with Wilfred, -350 Omni.
And get a loan from friendly shark of 250 Omni to buy an armor cape.

And put my starting sidearm and its three magazines in the lost and found box since I'll probably be safer not carrying it with me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 01:20:56 pm by Egan_BW »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4382 on: December 17, 2021, 05:13:30 am »

Buff catgirl.
Ultra Thicc buff catgirl
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: December 17, 2021, 05:37:12 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: December 17, 2021, 05:41:39 am »

That might be too much thicc, that probably impacts physical capabilities past a certain point. Wil should be strong. Put those big dice into physical stats.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: December 17, 2021, 05:43:19 am »

But I was told there could never be to much thicc.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: December 17, 2021, 10:38:27 am »

((That... is not at all what I was expecting.  I was expecting disposable body roulette, not huge buff.  But... I can't exactly complain, either...))

I was a little unhappy you didn't describe the body at first, because I have no idea what body Wilfred would want.  His only character trait there is "something that doesn't look like Wil Wheaton".  But after thinking about this for a few minutes, I have a good idea!

Other players can suggest and vote on what body Wil should now have.  Suggest anything that could presumably pilot a hardsuit, and I'll go with whatever gets the most votes!  Your local ghost god is a big supporter of democracy.

EDIT: Democracy isn't working, because nobody votes.  Roll on some random table to generate a body, please?
EDIT2: And then after I make the edit, people say buff thicc catgirl.  Sigh.  Tempted to cross out this whole post and describe some kinda disturbing organic skeleton, to match Wil's powerset.
My vote was modified Bob. Just go modified Bob

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4387 on: December 17, 2021, 10:57:48 am »

((There is more thiccness in heaven and earth, Horatio, than is dreamt of in your philosophy.))

Will this reconstitute all of the auditor and it's gear, or just the body, or body and modules, or what?
Got missed, asking again.

There are several options honestly. Jump jets, hover pods, short range teleport, HELL Tunnel, Sacrificial organic translocation device, etc.  What kind of movement are you looking for?

Looking for something with the following characteristics:
1) Independent movement, so not dependent on a surface to catch onto or an airbreathing engine requiring ambient oxygen. The fewer external requirements for operation the better.
2) Ideally capable of both a burst function (for a chance at dodging things you'd otherwise have no hope of dodging) and sustained operations, but preference is on the former.
3) Rechargeable on mission somehow. Ideally infinite 'fuel' or self-recharging but that might be a stretch. 

By the way, the golden wire glass samples we retrieved, did they already take that (and give compensation in the mission payment), or can I still sell it off? If the latter, how much would it be worth?

Either way, buy and install cognition copier.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4388 on: December 17, 2021, 01:11:53 pm »

((PW posted my reward from the Lost & Found box in discord, putting it here so everyone knows))

“The Lizard claw returns you a fist sized amber bottle with what looks like a large reptilian eye preserved within. The bottle has a warning label that reads ‘BREAK IN CASE OF EMERGENCIES’

The baton gets you an oversized metal gauntlet with what look like tiny tesla coils embedded in the knuckles“

First off I’ll go test out the Tesla gauntlet.

Then I’m going to put an airplane pin and the tortoise in the Lost and Found box too.

Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 01:14:14 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #4389 on: December 17, 2021, 04:49:16 pm »

Al once more awakens from a drunken stupor, to do what he was born to do...do medic stuff.

((Sorry for being gone like 5 months Piecewise.))

Spoiler: Scottish Medic (click to show/hide)
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4390 on: December 18, 2021, 10:53:19 am »

"Hehe yeah this is fun."

Keep following Bob and throwing popcorn infront of him to distract from the fact of my imminent demise that shall be coming up next mission
Bob stops moving. You bounce popcorn off his head.

"Hey bud, you awake in there? Is this just one of those weird reptile things like having birds clean your teeth?"

((That... is not at all what I was expecting.  I was expecting disposable body roulette, not huge buff.  But... I can't exactly complain, either...))

I was a little unhappy you didn't describe the body at first, because I have no idea what body Wilfred would want.  His only character trait there is "something that doesn't look like Wil Wheaton".  But after thinking about this for a few minutes, I have a good idea!

EDIT2: And then after I make the edit, people say buff thicc catgirl.  Sigh.  Tempted to cross out this whole post and describe some kinda disturbing organic skeleton, to match Wil's powerset.
( I did some rolls to see what happened. Still costs 1000. Oh and you did technically break several protocols to do it. So...try to avoid the legal team.)

I mean you're building from scratch so wanted to leave it open. But lets see. If you want skeleton we can make a body that has transparent tissues, so you'll look like a skeleton in a translucent body. Otherwise I'm tempted to make you something very odd looking.

((I should post some more proper actions))

Buy and install a cognition copier for 400 Omni. Buy an OMNITECH Passive Personal Shield Generator for 400 Omni. Buy another OMNITech placed charge for 150 OMNI. Pay off my 8 Omni loan to Yagyu. Make a 200 OMNI payment to the loan shark. How much debt do I owe him now, accounting for interest?

Once purchases are done, Baldwin goes inside his room and places down the containment pod with the golden mushroom next to the rest of his plants. He's beginning to make quite a garden.

Still, now that he's alone, it's time to see what he can do with this jar of ghosts.

First, Baldwin grabs a ghost rat and tries to eat it. This isn't for any scientific purpose, but just as a way to satisfy a very morbid curiosity. How does ectoplasm taste? Is it like jelly?

The second part is the hard part. Baldwin will try to call upon the power he used to reconstitute himself into his new blood angel form, and attempts to assimilate the ghosts into himself. The results of this will surely be unpredictable.
Is this a horrible mistake? Does Baldwin even still have any flesh-warping ability remaining? Oh well, it's worth the risk to show SAM whos boss.

Round up the rats once I'm done.

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
So we can assume that all your buying is done. As per the loan, It was 400 left now after the payment.

[8] Ghost rats taste like...jello: Vague,  soft, rubbery, and sweet. You attain the memories of the rat. Which are exceedingly boring.
[3] No real luck. You can definitely still use that ability to some degree but you screwed it up here. 

Really gotta stare installing occult dampeners around here.

"Just getting acquainted with the place. Have to set up my tools too, before my first real job, you know? Know anybody who sells explosives for cheaper than the vending machines?"

Converse with the NPC.

Performing a transaction with Wilfred, -350 Omni.
And get a loan from friendly shark of 250 Omni to buy an armor cape.

And put my starting sidearm and its three magazines in the lost and found box since I'll probably be safer not carrying it with me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Other security team guys are your best bet, unless you're willing to get into some gambling with the RnD guys. I got a low yield nuclear device from them in a white elephant gift exchange once."

Ok.
Alright.
Alright. Remember to ask about it after the next mission!

((There is more thiccness in heaven and earth, Horatio, than is dreamt of in your philosophy.))

Will this reconstitute all of the auditor and it's gear, or just the body, or body and modules, or what?
Got missed, asking again.

There are several options honestly. Jump jets, hover pods, short range teleport, HELL Tunnel, Sacrificial organic translocation device, etc.  What kind of movement are you looking for?

Looking for something with the following characteristics:
1) Independent movement, so not dependent on a surface to catch onto or an airbreathing engine requiring ambient oxygen. The fewer external requirements for operation the better.
2) Ideally capable of both a burst function (for a chance at dodging things you'd otherwise have no hope of dodging) and sustained operations, but preference is on the former.
3) Rechargeable on mission somehow. Ideally infinite 'fuel' or self-recharging but that might be a stretch. 

By the way, the golden wire glass samples we retrieved, did they already take that (and give compensation in the mission payment), or can I still sell it off? If the latter, how much would it be worth?

Either way, buy and install cognition copier.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
It will reconstitute the body and at least some of the components. Rolls involved.

Hmmm. Something like the rockets on the hardsuit might be best. If I remember they only use up fuel when being stressed and can otherwise operate indefinitely.

They were taken and added to your compensation.

Done.

((PW posted my reward from the Lost & Found box in discord, putting it here so everyone knows))

“The Lizard claw returns you a fist sized amber bottle with what looks like a large reptilian eye preserved within. The bottle has a warning label that reads ‘BREAK IN CASE OF EMERGENCIES’

The baton gets you an oversized metal gauntlet with what look like tiny tesla coils embedded in the knuckles“

First off I’ll go test out the Tesla gauntlet.

Then I’m going to put an airplane pin and the tortoise in the Lost and Found box too.

Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)

The gauntlet is a melee weapon. The amount of damage it does depends on the amount of charge it has. It builds one charge per turn. It starts at 1d4 and reaches full charge at 5d4. The damage is almost entirely from electrical discharge from the coils. Don't use it in water.

In the box they go. 

Al once more awakens from a drunken stupor, to do what he was born to do...do medic stuff.

((Sorry for being gone like 5 months Piecewise.))

Spoiler: Scottish Medic (click to show/hide)

Drink? Be underpaid?  Right now no one is bleeding so there's not a lot to do.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #4391 on: December 18, 2021, 11:10:06 am »

Purchase a reactive fabric cape from the vending machine. Has someone bought this before? Could you describe it?

Then wander around the base looking for opportunities to scam free upgrades from the GM.

Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: December 18, 2021, 12:57:43 pm »

"Ah wait I see what's going on this is one of them "freezing things" some of you fellows seem to do sometimes alrighty I wont get in your way when ya snap out of it"

Pat Bobs head and drop off the popcorn bucket infront of him before heading out to buy and install one of those fancy cognition copiers.
Spoiler:  Jack Blackwater (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 01:00:09 pm by Fluffe9911 »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: December 18, 2021, 02:35:56 pm »

((My Wil body vote is The Rock or Arnold Schwaznagger. I mean look at those stats! Whatever Will creates is definitely going to be swole, and I think the actor theme should be continued. If Musclehead isn't your thing, then may I recommend buff Christian Bale? Alternatively, you can become a martial arts legend like Chuck Norris or Bruce Lee. As a matter of fact, out of all of my suggestions, I think Chuck Norris is the best one.))

Try the ghost jar merging again. SAM didn't nail it the first time after all. Also from now on, assume my shield generator is only active if I explicitly declare an action to activate it. Don't want to waste my battery when I'm not in danger.

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: December 18, 2021, 04:13:11 pm »

((I vote for the fucked up sentai dude Piecewise showed, you already had a giant mech fight so just go all the way))
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 334