Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482374 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Occult is banned
« Reply #4365 on: December 12, 2021, 10:27:39 am »

Enjoy the disgusting deluge until janitorial comes in and cleans up, and, preferably, gives Bob a good scrub before shooing him out.

Then, wander into various arsenals, black markets, flesh holes, R&D labs, and quartermaster's offices to acquire fat loots. At minimum, Bob will take 1 OMNI toolkit (200 OMNI) and 100 Nutrient Paste (100 OMNI total) and something to hold those things with, like a satchel or a mobile powered suit or something (all purchases are pending at the moment).

Any Teammate willing to purchase foods for Bob will be allowed to choose an item for him to purchase. Bob has 2150 OMNI and is spending 300 of that, but Bob is flexible on those purchases, assuming he somehow manages to get at least the tools needed to FIX THINGS and EAT THINGS.

Also note that Bob is 50 OMNI short of an unmodified mini-mech ... just saying ~

... Bob's the second best choice... but I want to be able to pilot my hardsuit.

((Just clone Bob but pay for modifications like fingers and an upright stance and ... that thing .... ah yes, a brain.))

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tara (click to show/hide)

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4366 on: December 12, 2021, 11:14:04 am »

Jack walks in eating popcorn out of a bucket "Ay guys got some popcorn!" he grabs a couple pieces and shove them in his mouth "Mm pretty gud pupcurn" he finishes chewing before resuming to talk "Anyway im Jack I actually know alot about you guys and let me say you people go through some wacky shit let me tell ya what!" Jack coughs "Anyway if you need me ill probably be lounging in a chair somewhere or something nice meeting you all in person!"

Go take a seat somewhere and relax throwing some popcorn at Bob if he happens to wander on by also Speed to D6 and Guns to D8

Spoiler:  Jack Blackwater (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4367 on: December 12, 2021, 04:21:30 pm »

Summer is going to chat with the researchers.  Ask if they have any small robots or loads for the various venom injectors.. a robot mouse with a syringe gun on it might be very useful.

With 100 OMNI, probably beyond my means.

Also, ask about combat drugs.  There are stims that make you harder to be killed.. are there ones that help your run away?  Lift heavy things?

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4368 on: December 13, 2021, 03:34:36 am »

"Well that went better than I thought it would and do the deaths even count against us if the person that killed everyone stopped being on our side the moment they started killing?"

Wil speaks up from somewhere nearby, despite not yet having bought a replacement body.  "Hey!  I was on your side the whole time!  I died for you, man!"
"I wasn't talking about you, you were trying to stop the thing that was killing everyone."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4369 on: December 13, 2021, 08:48:39 am »

Please deposit the remnants of your old body in the reconstitution chamber. Our benefactors do not want to lose a surveillance point.
Do this I guess. Will this reconstitute all of the auditor and it's gear, or just the body, or body and modules, or what?

Then go look up what the after-market options are for auditors regarding mobility. Jetpacks, AoT-style mobility wires, see what's out there.

((@heydude: Baldwin still owed Yagyu 8 omni, right?))

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 09:41:10 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4370 on: December 14, 2021, 01:38:14 am »

Retrieve my objects (Lizard claw and Baton) from the LaF box. Replace them with a pod of Aka-goo.

Afterwards, sell my boxes of scrap and airplane pins, saving a handful of pins. Then see if OMNI eggheads want to buy the ghost critters, the golden mushroom, and the remaining Aka-goo. (if they lowball the critters, let Baldwin buy them at his offer)

Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 01:06:29 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4371 on: December 14, 2021, 12:03:14 pm »

Baldwin offers to pay 100 Omni more for the critters than what the corporations are offering. IT’s AUCTION TIME BABY!

(My Maximum bid: 400)
Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4372 on: December 14, 2021, 08:19:12 pm »

"Well that went better than I thought it would and do the deaths even count against us if the person that killed everyone stopped being on our side the moment they started killing?"
Examine the handguns and rifle I stole from the bizarre, then see what I need to do to make it into a machine gun I can use, also did the other animatronic critters survive the trip?
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
The handguns and rifles are d6 and d8 respectively, their magazines are both d6. Making them into a machine gun? Uh...Well that depends on what you mean. The system doesn't really have the idea of firing multiple times, just bigger damage. You wanna just smash these together into a d10 or something or are you trying to get some special effect?

Animatronics in the vehicle are fine.

Wil speaks up from somewhere nearby, despite not yet having bought a replacement body.  "Hey!  I was on your side the whole time!  I died for you, man!"

I won't be cloning Tara; I'm not comfortable cloning a char without consent, and Naturegirl didn't respond to my PM, nor does she look to be coming back soon.  Bob's the second best choice... but I want to be able to pilot my hardsuit.  Nobody else is flesh and has good stats.

Pay 1000 for a clone, and additionally bribe whoever's handling the cloning with 100 OMNI, to just... make a second clone of someone who's got their data or whatever in the system.  Someone with a good body, not some infirm d4 cripple.  Preferably a body that's... interesting, too.  This is probably a massive waste of money, but at least it should be entertaining.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Hmmm.
[9][9][4]

Without a body or indeed any physical presence save for whatever ephemeral existence was captured by the servers you decide the the best way to get into a new body would be to simply make one yourself. You get out of the OMNISCIENT databanks and find the nearest  medical station to the conference room. This is hard because this installation appears to spread out for several dozen square miles and extend into the mantle of the earth. You do eventually find one though and weasel your way into their cloning system. You use your own information and your account to buy yourself a new clone using their ordering interface. 

You have the following stats to distribute:
1d12
2d10
2d8
2d6

Enjoy the disgusting deluge until janitorial comes in and cleans up, and, preferably, gives Bob a good scrub before shooing him out.

Then, wander into various arsenals, black markets, flesh holes, R&D labs, and quartermaster's offices to acquire fat loots. At minimum, Bob will take 1 OMNI toolkit (200 OMNI) and 100 Nutrient Paste (100 OMNI total) and something to hold those things with, like a satchel or a mobile powered suit or something (all purchases are pending at the moment).

Any Teammate willing to purchase foods for Bob will be allowed to choose an item for him to purchase. Bob has 2150 OMNI and is spending 300 of that, but Bob is flexible on those purchases, assuming he somehow manages to get at least the tools needed to FIX THINGS and EAT THINGS.

Also note that Bob is 50 OMNI short of an unmodified mini-mech ... just saying ~

... Bob's the second best choice... but I want to be able to pilot my hardsuit.

((Just clone Bob but pay for modifications like fingers and an upright stance and ... that thing .... ah yes, a brain.))

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tara (click to show/hide)
Freshly slathered in ceiling fluids Bob wanders in search of food and trinkets. We'll assume the Tool kit and outrageous bag of nutrient paste (-300) As per other things, there is a fair amount of stuff to find. The bar has booze, illegal guns, drugs, and human organs for example. There's a DIY surgeon down on level K928 who will perform any surgery for a flat rate.  And there's an unlicensed taco vendor in the men's bathroom grilling meat in one of the all metal sinks.

Not sure what other specific things you're looking for or if you just want random things offered.

Jack walks in eating popcorn out of a bucket "Ay guys got some popcorn!" he grabs a couple pieces and shove them in his mouth "Mm pretty gud pupcurn" he finishes chewing before resuming to talk "Anyway im Jack I actually know alot about you guys and let me say you people go through some wacky shit let me tell ya what!" Jack coughs "Anyway if you need me ill probably be lounging in a chair somewhere or something nice meeting you all in person!"

Go take a seat somewhere and relax throwing some popcorn at Bob if he happens to wander on by also Speed to D6 and Guns to D8

Considering the conference room is...currently filling up with water....and Bob has wandered, we'll assume you follow after him, throwing pieces of popcorn in front of him and watching him snatch them up like a reptilian pac-man.

Summer is going to chat with the researchers.  Ask if they have any small robots or loads for the various venom injectors.. a robot mouse with a syringe gun on it might be very useful.

With 100 OMNI, probably beyond my means.

Also, ask about combat drugs.  There are stims that make you harder to be killed.. are there ones that help your run away?  Lift heavy things?

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Drugs for the various injectors they have in ample supply. Lots of varieties too. Acids, poisons, mutagens, viruses, even the dreaded "Life" fluid.  As per robots, especially robot mice...well they have some stuff. The cheapest is are old camera drones used to check pipes and vents. Not smart, not terribly fast, not very durable, but able to scamper just about anywhere and only 25 omni a piece.

Combat drugs they have too. They can make them do just about anything, though costs vary depending on the properties.

Please deposit the remnants of your old body in the reconstitution chamber. Our benefactors do not want to lose a surveillance point.
Do this I guess. Will this reconstitute all of the auditor and it's gear, or just the body, or body and modules, or what?

Then go look up what the after-market options are for auditors regarding mobility. Jetpacks, AoT-style mobility wires, see what's out there.

((@heydude: Baldwin still owed Yagyu 8 omni, right?))

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
You ask about this in the nearest medbay and they take the body from you, telling you to come back in a while. When you ask how long they say "about a mission's worth of time".

There are several options honestly. Jump jets, hover pods, short range teleport, HELL Tunnel, Sacrificial organic translocation device, etc.  What kind of movement are you looking for?

Retrieve my objects (Lizard claw and Baton) from the LaF box. Replace them with a pod of Aka-goo.

Afterwards, sell my boxes of scrap and airplane pins, saving a handful of pins. Then see if OMNI eggheads want to buy the ghost critters, the golden mushroom, and the remaining Aka-goo. (if they lowball the critters, let Baldwin buy them at his offer)

Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
The Omni guys will give you 500 for all your stuff.

Baldwin offers to pay 100 Omni more for the critters than what the corporations are offering. IT’s AUCTION TIME BABY!

(My Maximum bid: 400)
So...200.  Omni guys ain't raising so their yours.

Bleb. Dev got a good deal, which I'll be stealing now.

Suddenly pop into existence. Check in at the fleshbar for entertainment and/or helpful advice.

The Bar, described like
Spoiler: This (click to show/hide)
is fairly easy to find with some directions from the old timers. Its pretty quiet right now -the clock on the wall reads 2:27 PM- with only a few people hanging around. The stage is empty, the customers are far too interested in staring at their drinks to notice you, and the dim lighting feels more sleepy than seductive.  Bill is over at the bar, chatting up the bartender who...appears to be smoking his cigar now. Hmm. She glances at you and he followers her  eyes.

"AH! You're....I have no idea." He says, spinning on the bar stool to look at you. "But you're one of the Maul Cops I'm supposed to be keeping an eye on right? Well, if you came for a show then you'll have to wait a bit, they don't start getting the neo-girls out until 5:30. Or are ya here for work already?"

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Intermission
« Reply #4373 on: December 14, 2021, 09:01:11 pm »

"Hehe yeah this is fun."

Keep following Bob and throwing popcorn infront of him to distract from the fact of my imminent demise that shall be coming up next mission
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 01:00:58 pm by Fluffe9911 »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4374 on: December 15, 2021, 12:45:11 am »

((That... is not at all what I was expecting.  I was expecting disposable body roulette, not huge buff.  But... I can't exactly complain, either...))

I was a little unhappy you didn't describe the body at first, because I have no idea what body Wilfred would want.  His only character trait there is "something that doesn't look like Wil Wheaton".  But after thinking about this for a few minutes, I have a good idea!

Other players can suggest and vote on what body Wil should now have.  Suggest anything that could presumably pilot a hardsuit, and I'll go with whatever gets the most votes!  Your local ghost god is a big supporter of democracy.

EDIT: Democracy isn't working, because nobody votes.  Roll on some random table to generate a body, please?
EDIT2: And then after I make the edit, people say buff thicc catgirl.  Sigh.  Tempted to cross out this whole post and describe some kinda disturbing organic skeleton, to match Wil's powerset.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4375 on: December 15, 2021, 01:46:05 am »

(Skipped my turn.)

Don't think the money will hold out for drugs or such..

..although with a chance of getting a bio-razor, need a chance.

Buy a VR gaming set.  -15 Omni
Do buy one of the cheap robots.. but look for something slightly better than the minimum.  Say with 1d6 dex, 1d6 speed, and autofails in every other category.  50 sound ok for that?  No weapons, no special features, other than it can move around and look at stuff.

Next.. Lets see if I can find some programmers.  Maybe someone could find a way to hook up the robo-squirrel to some kinda VR interface?  It'd be useful for scouting.  (Speech roll?)

Can I buy drugs that boost stats like normal stims boost Life dies?  If I'm borrowing a bio-razor, need to up my strength to use it.  Buy a Strength stim for 35, if available.

Spoiler: Summer (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 04:53:57 am by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4376 on: December 15, 2021, 04:09:23 am »

Making them into a machine gun? Uh...Well that depends on what you mean. The system doesn't really have the idea of firing multiple times, just bigger damage. You wanna just smash these together into a d10 or something or are you trying to get some special effect?
(I meant to ask about making the turret I have into a machine gun, I think I skipped a word when writing that.)

"If anyone's interested I have a first aid kit, 4 handguns, and an Omnitech sidearm, I'm giving away if anyone wants it also the guns don't have any ammo with them."
Buy a new Cognition copier for 400 and a took kit for 200, then find out how much it'll cost to get new brains and batteries for the three other animatronic critters, also find out if Megabucks are worth any thing here at Omni.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4377 on: December 15, 2021, 08:23:38 am »

Alright guys, I've got 500 Omni and looking to buy some good explosives. Only stuff which uses Explosives skill, I'll probably only take deals which are better than the vending machine. (Which is 150 for a frag or detpack, 100 for most nonlethal grenades.) Oh, and rocket launchers should use explosives skill, so I'd buy those.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4378 on: December 17, 2021, 12:19:41 am »

Alright guys, I've got 500 Omni and looking to buy some good explosives. Only stuff which uses Explosives skill, I'll probably only take deals which are better than the vending machine. (Which is 150 for a frag or detpack, 100 for most nonlethal grenades.) Oh, and rocket launchers should use explosives skill, so I'd buy those.

75 per grenade, 125 for the rocket launcher.  350 for all of it.  Leaves you enough for a satchel charge... or you could take a loan and buy armor~

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4379 on: December 17, 2021, 01:04:45 am »

((I should post some more proper actions))

Buy and install a cognition copier for 400 Omni. Buy an OMNITECH Passive Personal Shield Generator for 400 Omni. Buy another OMNITech placed charge for 150 OMNI. Pay off my 8 Omni loan to Yagyu. Make a 200 OMNI payment to the loan shark. How much debt do I owe him now, accounting for interest?

Once purchases are done, Baldwin goes inside his room and places down the containment pod with the golden mushroom next to the rest of his plants. He's beginning to make quite a garden.

Still, now that he's alone, it's time to see what he can do with this jar of ghosts.

First, Baldwin grabs a ghost rat and tries to eat it. This isn't for any scientific purpose, but just as a way to satisfy a very morbid curiosity. How does ectoplasm taste? Is it like jelly?

The second part is the hard part. Baldwin will try to call upon the power he used to reconstitute himself into his new blood angel form, and attempts to assimilate the ghosts into himself. The results of this will surely be unpredictable.
Is this a horrible mistake? Does Baldwin even still have any flesh-warping ability remaining? Oh well, it's worth the risk to show SAM whos boss.

Round up the rats once I'm done.

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 334