Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482643 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: (S)ubsume (A)ll (M)eat
« Reply #4260 on: November 01, 2021, 10:39:08 pm »

((Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow, and insidious killer.))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4261 on: November 02, 2021, 02:15:17 am »

"How is that thing not dead, I thought nuking people killed them and everything around them?"
See if I can get onto the internet and see if any of the TV stations or news websites have an eye on what's happening outside the EDPC and what they think caused it and what they intend to do about it.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #4262 on: November 02, 2021, 02:29:18 am »

Any of bloBob's inventory survive? in particular, riot suit, spiderbot, tentacle, money ... Chevrolet?

Shlorp up into the EdPC and regurgitate Tara into a seat. Test my bio-mobility by giving the team a big, toothy grin.

Spoiler: The MOOKiest (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4263 on: November 03, 2021, 04:39:29 am »

Exit the EdPC if possible and not harmful to allies, witness the status of SAM.  Then immediately get to freeing the EdPC if it's trapped, or there's obstacles around it, or anything of that sort.

By the by, do Wilfred's ghost powers allow him to sense anything here?  Try not to actually start summoning ghosts or anything.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4264 on: November 04, 2021, 11:53:55 am »

Baldwin does not pay his teammates any mind as he steps outside of the EDPC and climbs on top. Cape billowing in the wind, he takes out the Military Binoculars he bought oh so long ago and takes a good and detailed look at Sam.

"Don't let those screams concern you." He says to no one in particular.

"These are the wails of a dying animal. SAM had the potential to become something truly powerful, but you dropped the nuke while she was incomplete. It disturbs me that she wasn't killed outright, but it'll only be a matter of time before she succumbs to third degree burns. As Ji so effectively demonstrated, though SAM was strong, the blobs of flesh goo she is composed of are individually quite weak."

Baldwin puts his binoculars away to laugh a little. Then he addresses Wil.

"Do you see it Wilfred? Do you see the bright glow of thousands of liberated souls simultaneously escaping their meaty shells and ascending to the heavens! Anything in that red sea that wasn't able to reach her in time has mostly certainly been reduced to carbon now. She can't touch them anymore, so I can't see how she could possibly regenerate!"

:D

Baldwin of course can't see them, but he assumes Wil does. It'll be really bad news if Wil doesn't see them either.

"Anyway, let's move these buildings out of the way and finally go home. I was once an architect you know. Destroying buildings is even easier than building them!"

And then he flies/climbs off with his explosive charge.

((Anyway, that was flavour-text. I don't actually know what happened to Sam, but I came up with a theory that made sense. I genuinely don't see how the flesh ocean could have survived the nuke. My occult roll will give more accurate information so I assume this will likely be contradicted by something. Here's my actual action in bold text))

Assuming I won't immediately flash-fry upon exiting the EDPC, do so and examine the state of the landscape around me. Then find a good vantage point and examine SAM with my Military binoculars. Try to ascertain the state of her and see how much aligns with the theory I posted above.

Some Sample questions:
  • Is SAM actually dying?
  • Are the red clouds receding?
  • How much of a threat is she still?
  • What is she doing now?
  • Is the flesh sea charcoal?
  • Is there still a way she could regenerate?
  • How much more damage can she take before she's dead for good?

Share this info with my team of course. Then fly away or if that fails, climb away and go between the two buildings blocking the road. Carefully place my explosive charge in a place such that when it detonates, it clears a path without damaging the EDPC. Make sure I'm inside the EDPC before I detonate it though and even then only do it if my teammates authorize it. It might be better to use that explosive against SAM if we still need to fight her.

I advise the EDPC back away a bit anyway though, just to ensure absolute safety with explosives.

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
You untangle yourself and your new arterial wings from the pile of teammates and wriggle out through the top hatch of the EdPC. The world outside is a painful red, the clouds burnt out of the sky for miles in all directions and scalding winds flowing outwards from the burning city to the south. Black smoke is rising to replace the clouds and tiny fragments of ash are raining down. What is distinctly absent however, is the characteristic mushroom cloud which follows any atomic blast. In its place stands the thing which used to be SAM. No longer a fragmentary figure, the humanoid body now stands  several hundred feet tall, towering over the crater and the burning city beyond it. A warped skeleton, partially covered in charred and glowing flesh, strange organs visible through a still growing chest cavity. A giant heart, alight with the pale blue of Cherenkov radiation, beats audibly within its ribcage. Its head, a distorted skull with flesh slowly creepy over the ridged bone, houses eyes that visibly burn with blue light. 

Muscles in the legs flex visibly and with spurts of black sludgy blood. SAM takes her first step, unsteady and half stumbling. The next is more sure, and the third is smooth despite the skeletal body being only partially muscled.  She turns to face the distant vortex at the heart of the disaster zone.  The glow within her chest grows brighter and all scanners begin pinging higher and higher radioactive emissions.

"Huh..."

You shout down what you're seeing into the EdPC before taking a big flapping leap over the rubble and gliding down on the other side.
[4]
You use your explosive charge to blow away most of the rubble in the way of the EdPC after safely back inside.

"How is that thing not dead, I thought nuking people killed them and everything around them?"
See if I can get onto the internet and see if any of the TV stations or news websites have an eye on what's happening outside the EDPC and what they think caused it and what they intend to do about it.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Almost all communications are down or badly scrambled. The link to command is still active, but thats about the only one.

Any of bloBob's inventory survive? in particular, riot suit, spiderbot, tentacle, money ... Chevrolet?

Shlorp up into the EdPC and regurgitate Tara into a seat. Test my bio-mobility by giving the team a big, toothy grin.

The Chevrolet is smashed but your stuff is still inside.
[7]
You glop through as Baldwin opens the hatch, dropping Tara down inside and sloshing over to one corner. Your teeth, drifting loosely through the goo, align into a rough string that might be interpreted as a smile.

Exit the EdPC if possible and not harmful to allies, witness the status of SAM.  Then immediately get to freeing the EdPC if it's trapped, or there's obstacles around it, or anything of that sort.

By the by, do Wilfred's ghost powers allow him to sense anything here?  Try not to actually start summoning ghosts or anything.

We'll assume you get out and see everything Baldwin sees.  As per ghosts...you can sense that there are a fucking ton of them around right now. Like...there's a fog of ghosts thick enough to block out the sun...if there was a visible sun right now.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: God Warrior Ascends
« Reply #4265 on: November 04, 2021, 02:01:30 pm »

"... I think I'm about ready to go home now guys."

Is EdPC awake? If not see if I can reboot him. If that doesn't work, get in the driver's seat and start driving out of here, towards the military base we entered from. Try not to attract the attention of Big Chungus over there.

Oh, and grab the late Akanorth's stuff I guess for later distribution.

That can wait, instead first assist Wil with his plan. Accept the key he gives me, and if the silverfish needs any repairs then help out with that. Then we drive off.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 10:36:04 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4266 on: November 04, 2021, 06:49:37 pm »

((I expected EVA but got Nausicaa, I want my money back Piecewise))

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4267 on: November 04, 2021, 07:52:51 pm »

take Akanorth’s containment pods and collect up as much of the Aka-goo into the pods as possible.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4268 on: November 04, 2021, 08:07:18 pm »

((Boss Fight! Boss Fight! Boss Fight!))

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4269 on: November 04, 2021, 08:11:35 pm »

((Summon a kaiju already Sy, I didn't suicide SAM to get ducked out of a giant monster fight.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4270 on: November 04, 2021, 08:18:13 pm »

((Slice the fleshorror god in half with a giant ghost-beam!))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4271 on: November 04, 2021, 11:24:53 pm »

Am I still rolling will rolls? If so, return to Alligator. Else, go get my spiderbot, if someone lets me in and out of the EdPC.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4272 on: November 04, 2021, 11:26:02 pm »

((I expected EVA but got Nausicaa, I want my money back Piecewise))
You got a cross between Akira and Attack on Titan, is what you got.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4273 on: November 05, 2021, 12:19:23 am »

((Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow, and insidious killer.))

Baldwin's jaw drops when he sees SAM still standing. He saw what the nuke did to the rest of the landscape so how is she so FINE?!

It wasn't a total loss though. It seems like everything he said about the flesh sea was right, and SAM was still quite damaged. But he had to admit there was only one person left who could stop her.

"... I think I'm about ready to go home now guys."

"I'm just about ready to as well..." He said with great pain.

"But I think it's his fight to finish"

His head had turned towards Wilfred’s hulking metal frame. He was more powerful than either than them, and he was the one to drop the nuke. So naturally it made sense to give him the final word.

Baldwin holds up inside the EDPC. He decides to use his own flesh-warping power to try to help Bob put himself back together.

"Let me help you with that."

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 05:55:14 am by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4274 on: November 05, 2021, 01:32:36 am »

Wilfred, after remaining silent for a few seconds watching SAM, suddenly thrusts a large metal fist victoriously into the air.

"Awww hell yeah, Sam!  I knew you were a cool chick dick thing, but I had no idea you had THAT in you!  Badass!"

He then climbs back into the EdPC, disembarking from his hardsuit almost as soon as he's inside.  He looks at Yagyu, and reaches up for the cognition copier mounted on his head, but hesitates.  After a moment he lowers his hands and instead grabs a keycard, the key to his personal chest of belongings back home.  He presses it into Yagyu's palm.

"If I come back, I'll have to have the ability to remember this.  There's no way in hell I'm gonna apotheosize and punch out the god of all flesh, and then go back to normal life not knowing what it felt like!  If my mind's unrecoverable, take care of Rolly Polly for me.  And fuck Derp up if you ever get the chance!"

With that, he unceremoniously begins pushing the Silverfish out of the APC, pausing only to give a quick nod to Baldwin.  "If anyone wants to fly me closer, and maybe keep the silverfish for yourself afterward, taking volunteers now.  Otherwise I'm gonna ram this thing right into Sam!  This time, I am the warhead!"

Discard all equipment besides the cognition copier, then take the Silverfish and fly towards SAM-9 at maximum velocity.  If someone else wants to pilot, and drop Wilfred off partway there, they can go right ahead EDIT: If someone else volunteers to be the pilot, Wilfred will fly halfway to SAM, then jump out and get ghosty, allowing the volunteer to try and fly back.  If nobody volunteers, he'll start getting ghosty without slowing down, aiming to crash into SAM with the force of an undead city.

Once dropped off, or after getting at least a mile of distance from the EdPC if he's piloting alone, begin drawing up the power of every last ghost possible.  They ought to be pretty pissed at SAM, really; Wilfred's just going to give everyone some nice unity and direction.  He doesn't have a huge amount of worry what form the ultimate summon takes.  The classic "big boner" would be fine, as long as it's got at least four arms this time, or we could do something cooler, like a whirling hekatonkheires hurricane of arms.  Or maybe a spider made of guns!  Manifesting a nice big cannon to blow off SAM's head and get her attention would be a great opening move.

Point is, make it big, make it killy, and make it have lots of disposable appendages.  Otherwise, ghost democracy, rather than flesh communism.

EDIT2: In the event that the silverfish is too damaged to fly, and can't be repaired... I guess just get out and start running towards SAM (without the hardsuit).  Get Ghosty once a decent distance from the EdPC, with more of a focus on gaining mobility to catch up to SAM.

Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 334