Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 481746 times)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #4110 on: September 15, 2021, 10:29:10 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
akanorth tries to think up an easy way to get arcane power.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4111 on: September 15, 2021, 12:06:34 pm »

"So I uh, grabbed what's left of Yag and this hard drive thingie. So do any techies wanna take a look or should I crack it open with a rock or something?" 

SAM awaits any response, if none is given, it's time to crack the hard drive open and see what lies in it's organs

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4112 on: September 15, 2021, 12:18:09 pm »

”I vote we access the hard drive first, and see where it leads us. I’d rather not throw myself into a war zone when there’s a potential more productive route to take.”
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4113 on: September 15, 2021, 02:24:39 pm »

“Hi. We mean you no harm. Who are you after? We came here to try to find out how to reverse something occult in nature, do any of you have any occult knowledge to assist in this endeavor?”
Explain to the people that we aren’t a threat. Ask about who or what they are prepared to fight, ask about whether any of them know any occult related things. Use the Negotiation Enhancer to determine if or when they lie. If a lie is found, ask for the truth. Gather as much info as possible.
“Bob, I need you to not attack them, they are not hostile right now, we came for info not bloodshed”

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4115 on: September 16, 2021, 03:40:47 am »

"...Also, does anyone know where that fucking repair alligator went?  I need a mechanic to fix my leg."[/color]
"I don't know where he got off to but I could look at your leg, but I might not be able to do anything as my tool kit is out of stuff."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4117 on: September 16, 2021, 01:48:58 pm »

”I vote we access the hard drive first, and see where it leads us. I’d rather not throw myself into a war zone when there’s a potential more productive route to take.”
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
"So I uh, grabbed what's left of Yag and this hard drive thingie. So do any techies wanna take a look or should I crack it open with a rock or something?" 

SAM awaits any response, if none is given, it's time to crack the hard drive open and see what lies in it's organs

Wilfred sits up atop the APC, looking out at the military's losing battle.  "Aww, fuck Derp... my accidental boner is destroying the military too?"  Wilfred heaves a heavy sigh.  "I should've expected this..."

Access Sam's flash drive, see what useful data is on it, if anything.  See if Wilfred can't contact whatever command infrastructure we have, too.

"Alright, friends and expendables whose names I can't recall, now that Yagyu is dead, we need a plan.  Raiding the Bizarre is great, I've got some spare guns to give to anyone who needs one.  After that, I wager we should head north to the scientist sighted up in the wilderness.  See what he knows, and after we kill and interrogate him, we head into the red zone to figure shit out.  That is, unless command lets us just give up and leave before we all die.  Any thoughts?"

"...Also, does anyone know where that fucking repair alligator went?  I need a mechanic to fix my leg."

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)
"It seems we've made things even worse here somehow, and this probably makes me a bad person but I don't feel myself caring that much."

"Guys! Do you know what this means? The bizarre is probably unguarded! We could loot a bunch of artifacts and become filthy rich!"
"Yes let us go and rob the place, it'll make all the chaos we've caused worth it."

Get on board the loot the bizarre train! Also look at Wilfred's leg and see what it'll take it fix it.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ka-ching (click to show/hide)
"Guys! Do you know what this means? The bizarre is probably unguarded! We could loot a bunch of artifacts and become filthy rich!"
Several on the party bus voice their desire to rob the locals. Wilfred, the de facto leader by virtue of having the largest and most metallic ass, decides that this is a tremendous plan. Really, a great plan. One of the best.  He commands the EdPC onward and keeps himself busy by attempting to crack open the hard drive and see what lives within.
[9]
The hard drive proves surprisingly easy to get into. At least for Wilfred. It contains 3 things: First, a huge schematic for some sort of machine. And when I say huge I mean huge. Size of a building huge. Sorting through it will take a bit. Second: a folder containing tens of thousands of images. They appear to be scientific in nature, showing lab rooms, items with scale rules next to them, people being affixed to some sort of chair, etc. If someone went through them, they might be able to find a pattern or discern what's going on. Finally, another folder filled with audio files. They were clearly pumped out and designed to be accessed by some sort of program as they have names that are just 64 character alphanumeric strings with no real coherent order. There are several hundred of these.

As per this raid on the Bizarre, how we handling it? You wanna drive straight up to the gate? Wanna drive straight THROUGH the gate? Park a while off and move in on foot? Whats the plan, guys.

akanorth tries to think up an easy way to get arcane power.
[5] Occult power is generally not something that resides in people or something which they can gather on their own. Occult  power is sort of like magnetism; its a property that exists in some places, in some objects, and due to some actions. For humans to attain it would generally mean either just using arcane items to do their will or somehow transferring the Occult  energy from the objects into themselves. This is possible, usually by making the item somehow part of them, but often has unpleasant side effects.

“Hi. We mean you no harm. Who are you after? We came here to try to find out how to reverse something occult in nature, do any of you have any occult knowledge to assist in this endeavor?”
Explain to the people that we aren’t a threat. Ask about who or what they are prepared to fight, ask about whether any of them know any occult related things. Use the Negotiation Enhancer to determine if or when they lie. If a lie is found, ask for the truth. Gather as much info as possible.
“Bob, I need you to not attack them, they are not hostile right now, we came for info not bloodshed”
[6]
You talk to the people there for a while, at first shouting from the car and then eventually being directed closer and talking across the fence. The long and sort of it is this.

1. They're former employees of the institute at the heart of all this weirdness.
2. They had been living on the outskirts of the containment zone after escaping the city for quite a while. They had advanced weaponry and tech from the institute which they used to survive.
3. One of their members thought up a plan to escape the quarantine zone based on past research done at the institute.
4. They returned to the city, as closer to the red zone as they dared, and "gathered" humans who came to attack them.
5. They built this gate in order to escape to a near reality, one without the disaster, where they could live.
6. This reality is that place, unfortunately it seems like in this reality there is no humanity. At least none that they've seen.
7. The warm welcome is because they were worried you were just random raiders having come through the gate.
8. It is possible to get back, but difficult. Requires correct timing and help from others.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4118 on: September 16, 2021, 01:58:41 pm »

akanorth uses the EDPC computer to search the dark web for magic-infusion rituals.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4119 on: September 16, 2021, 02:50:26 pm »

As per this raid on the Bizarre, how we handling it? You wanna drive straight up to the gate? Wanna drive straight THROUGH the gate? Park a while off and move in on foot? Whats the plan, guys.

The team will probably want to drive to the gate and see what's going on there first. What if some of the more unstable artifacts breached containment and are now running amok inside the compound causing chaos? It's best to look before you leap in situations like these. Right now we don't know what's happening.

I personally will take the Silverfish to the Bizarre and survey the situation from the sky using my Military binoculars I bought oh so long ago. Try to recall where that Million Megabuck flesh gun of darkness was stored. Any teammates can feel free to hop on.

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4120 on: September 16, 2021, 03:47:53 pm »

"Sorry, but someone explain to me why you're planning on raiding the Bizarre, exactly? What are we hoping to find there relevant to the mission that's worth angering a whole bunch of locals?

Because I gotta tell you guys, I'm not down with just attacking a fortified position for funsies."

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4121 on: September 16, 2021, 05:03:27 pm »

"Sorry, but someone explain to me why you're planning on raiding the Bizarre, exactly? What are we hoping to find there relevant to the mission that's worth angering a whole bunch of locals?

Because I gotta tell you guys, I'm not down with just attacking a fortified position for funsies."

"As far as we know, it might not be fortified anymore. The town is a ruin! The Bizarre might just be a scrap heap now with only a few valuable leftovers in the wreckage. It's closer to looting than raiding to be honest." Baldwin calmly explains.

"But, we won't know for sure until we check it out, so onwards! If it is intact we might be able to make some cash by helping rich people evacuate their stuff."
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4122 on: September 16, 2021, 08:37:04 pm »

"It's looting and murdering for fun and profit, ol' Eddy boy!  We have thick metal armor plates, they have a school building!  And really, why should we be so interested in keeping them happy?  We're inevitably gonna have to drive into the center of this mess, and at that point it won't matter how many friends we have in the yellow zone.  But the amount of anomaly hunter artifacts we have might!"

Wilfred notices Baldwin trying to get in the Silverfish.  "...Hey!  Be fucking careful with that thing, don't go launching an attack on your own!  Scouting is a great idea, but getting swatted out of the sky like the world's derpiest mosquito is just a waste of new company property.  I won't be rescuing your ghost!  Anyways, anyone want to help me sift through this data while he goes and plays Icarus?"

Well, that USB has quite a lot of info.  Recruit anyone who wants to help search the hard drive for useful data.  Immediately useful information would be anything that could help us shut the place down; external power sources, whether it would need a living human subject, location of the computer banks that actually hold the full simulation of a human brain, stuff like that.  But if there's anything else interesting, take note.

...Also, try to contact command and ask if this data would count as mission success, combined with the ghost interview information and those brain slice disks Yagyu found, and anything else mission-relevant that I forgot.  IIRC they just wanted to understand the anomaly at the core of this disaster, not necessarily halt or influence it.  Maybe we acually don't have to stick our dicks in the heart of the storm?

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4123 on: September 17, 2021, 03:25:04 am »

"Right, looting and fun. Listen, I'm not going to stop you, on account of me not being able to physically restrain you anyway. But since this doesn't really seem to help advance the mission, the best I can do for you is drive to just within range of my main gun and then you can shlep the rest of the way on foot. This APC body is just a loaner, and I'd like to come out of this with OMNI not repossessing my body for frivolous use."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4124 on: September 17, 2021, 04:51:44 am »

"Looting things is always a mission important task!"
Look at Wilfred's leg and see what needs to be done to fix it, and what I need to reattach his arm.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 334