Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 481814 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #4095 on: September 08, 2021, 05:00:55 pm »

Bob, lightly irritated at the lack of fish, chicken, and cosmic horrors, thumps his tail a bit, then waits for something interesting to happen in this new world.

Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4096 on: September 09, 2021, 03:14:17 am »

"What the fuck was even supposed to be inside that building, hope it wasn't that important."
Sit and examine that gun I found earlier and see if I can't figure out how the ammo was put inside it so I can find a way to reload it.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4097 on: September 11, 2021, 08:20:51 pm »

"What the fuck was even supposed to be inside that building, hope it wasn't that important."
Sit and examine that gun I found earlier and see if I can't figure out how the ammo was put inside it so I can find a way to reload it.
It appears to have a built in box magazine. You could reload it, but doing so would require....an allen wrench and some pliers at least. Clearly not designed for large scale engagements or manual use. But you could probably retrofit it to use belts or even a normal magazine. Though doing so is going to require some tools and parts.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
akanorth tries to recall the basics of demon summoning.

[6]
You...know exactly how to do it. But you're going to need some things. Namely, at least 3 currently living people, a roll of copper wire, several nails, and a sharp knife.  Like the gate you previously viewed, the key to summoning is to force the confluence of planes of existence. The technological way to do that is rather difficult, but the old fashion way only requires some anchored sapient consciousnesses. Its easier, but also messier. And PR tends to complain.

Man a turret and be ready to fend off any attack.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
As ash and bits of debris start to rain down from above, you crawl into one of the turrets and start swiveling.  So far, the street you're on is deserted, but the sounds of fighting from over near the explosion site are getting louder.  A heavily armored garbage truck turns the corner and charges down the street straight past you, apparently ignoring the APC half crashed into  the wall.  You don't bother to correct their apparent false assumptions as they speed away.

Something very large feels like it is walking this direction. Can't see it, but the ground is vibrating in slow cycles.

Slow down and stop, then once stopped, try climbing to the top of the car to look over the corn to try finding anything
Bob, lightly irritated at the lack of fish, chicken, and cosmic horrors, thumps his tail a bit, then waits for something interesting to happen in this new world.

Tara stops the car and climbs onto the roof to take a look around. The area appears to be pure wilderness, open grassy fields, clumps of trees and a large forest stretching out seemingly without end to the west. Maybe a mile off, amid a clearing in the grass and trees, is a building. Several buildings actually, tightly clustered together. Wooden cabins, wooden fences, and tiny figures moving around beside them. One thing you notice in particular is the air seems extremely clean and there are no signs of any city or really any human habitation anywhere other than those structures.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4098 on: September 11, 2021, 08:45:16 pm »

SAM looks at what she nabbed before running, maybe this wouldn't be a total waste of time

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4099 on: September 11, 2021, 08:53:08 pm »

“People were found, who knows whether they know what’s going on”
Get back in the theater car and drive towards the buildings

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4100 on: September 12, 2021, 12:35:32 am »

Bob's ready to eat these human monsters, at the slightest provocation.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4101 on: September 12, 2021, 04:07:52 am »

"So what are we gonna do now because our last lead blew up, also does anybody that's still human want this makeshift first aid kit, box of protein bars, and two packs of gum, I don't really need them anymore."
Go man one of the turrets and be ready to kill.

(Also is my OMNITECH Tool kit like a basic tool set or does it contain the tools for more advanced work?)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4102 on: September 12, 2021, 08:46:59 am »

Over comms: "Alright people, do we have some kind of plan B destination? If not, I'm just gonna scoot over to somewhere with less angry locals if that's good with y'all.

Try to use my sensors and electronic suite to get an idea of our surroundings, either through radar or tapping into those overflying drones, whatever works. Try and get an idea of what kind of nasties/angries are coming for us and from where.

Then, unless someone gives a destination to head towards, just focus on getting some distance between us and the angry people.
Don't forget to swing by and pick up Wilfred, if we have can get any kind of idea of where he got blasted to

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 03:11:17 am by Pancaek »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4103 on: September 12, 2021, 12:28:31 pm »

Yeah, uh.  Get further away.  Use the jump jets if this area seems too close to the blast, or the limbs are just too crippled for decent speed.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4104 on: September 13, 2021, 12:37:40 pm »

akanorth drives the EDPC back to base and tries to remember what an easy way to aquire arcane power would be.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4105 on: September 14, 2021, 05:55:45 pm »

SAM looks at what she nabbed before running, maybe this wouldn't be a total waste of time

You have gathered two things:
1. What appears to be most of the former Yagyu's torso.
2. A chrome plated external hard drive. Its a bit singed but seems to still be intact. It has no distinguishing features, but does have a barcode on the bottom.

"So what are we gonna do now because our last lead blew up, also does anybody that's still human want this makeshift first aid kit, box of protein bars, and two packs of gum, I don't really need them anymore."
Over comms: "Alright people, do we have some kind of plan B destination? If not, I'm just gonna scoot over to somewhere with less angry locals if that's good with y'all.

Try to use my sensors and electronic suite to get an idea of our surroundings, either through radar or tapping into those overflying drones, whatever works. Try and get an idea of what kind of nasties/angries are coming for us and from where.

Then, unless someone gives a destination to head towards, just focus on getting some distance between us and the angry people.
Don't forget to swing by and pick up Wilfred, if we have can get any kind of idea of where he got blasted to

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)
Yeah, uh.  Get further away.  Use the jump jets if this area seems too close to the blast, or the limbs are just too crippled for decent speed.

akanorth drives the EDPC back to base and tries to remember what an easy way to aquire arcane power would be.
Go man one of the turrets and be ready to kill.

(Also is my OMNITECH Tool kit like a basic tool set or does it contain the tools for more advanced work?)
With the rather large distraction of the exploding warehouse drawing the attention of everyone nearby the drive out of the danger zone is actually fairly easy. Wilfred meets back up with the party train  and lands atop it as it chugs out of the city and back into the farmland and wilderness between Detroit and Ann Arbor. They decide to stop here, in the abandoned space between the cities, rather than continue on to Ann Arbor. They choose this because it looks like a sizable portion of Ann Arbor is currently burning and that the military might be engaged in a losing battle with a giant skeleton. Hmm. Probably best to avoid that. According to the EdPC's sensors, nothing is chasing them out of the warzone, and the only life around for several miles is random wildlife. For the moment, they seem about as safe as they can be here.

“People were found, who knows whether they know what’s going on”
Get back in the theater car and drive towards the buildings
Bob's ready to eat these human monsters, at the slightest provocation.

The car rumbles across the fields, leaving a trail of crushed plants in its wake.  From the driver seat its impossible to see head so Tara just has to try to go straight as best she can.  Eventually the hood pushes through the last stalks and out into the grassy open field beyond. The house is much closer, only 50 or so feet away, and many people have gathered around the wooden fence to witness the car's arrival. The crowd appears to be made of two distinct groups. First, older men and women in their 50's and 60's, and younger, tougher looking people in their mid 20's mostly.  They're all wearing casual clothing but the younger ones are also wearing hastily strapped on ballistic vests and carrying futuristic looking rifles. Its quite a contrast with the flannel and overalls.  As you take this in a bipedal combat robot emerges from a barn behind the house and swivels giant cannons to point at the mobile theater. Despite all this firepower, everyone at the farmhouse seems to simply be waiting and watching for now; none of them overtly point their weapons at the car or fire. Not even a warning shot.  You slow to a stop a little while away from the place, to think about what you should do. 

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4106 on: September 14, 2021, 06:15:58 pm »

Spoiler: Ka-ching (click to show/hide)
"Guys! Do you know what this means? The bizarre is probably unguarded! We could loot a bunch of artifacts and become filthy rich!"
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4107 on: September 14, 2021, 08:31:18 pm »

((we should go back through the gate and shunt all the gate energy into this dimension, then disassemble the gate, so all the rapid energy loss happens in their faces instead of ours. Assuming there is a return point to go through.))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4108 on: September 15, 2021, 02:16:03 am »

"It seems we've made things even worse here somehow, and this probably makes me a bad person but I don't feel myself caring that much."

"Guys! Do you know what this means? The bizarre is probably unguarded! We could loot a bunch of artifacts and become filthy rich!"
"Yes let us go and rob the place, it'll make all the chaos we've caused worth it."

Get on board the loot the bizarre train! Also look at Wilfred's leg and see what it'll take it fix it.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 03:41:41 am by King Zultan »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4109 on: September 15, 2021, 07:01:23 am »

Wilfred sits up atop the APC, looking out at the military's losing battle.  "Aww, fuck Derp... my accidental boner is destroying the military too?"  Wilfred heaves a heavy sigh.  "I should've expected this..."

Access Sam's flash drive, see what useful data is on it, if anything.  See if Wilfred can't contact whatever command infrastructure we have, too.

"Alright, friends and expendables whose names I can't recall, now that Yagyu is dead, we need a plan.  Raiding the Bizarre is great, I've got some spare guns to give to anyone who needs one.  After that, I wager we should head north to the scientist sighted up in the wilderness.  See what he knows, and after we kill and interrogate him, we head into the red zone to figure shit out.  That is, unless command lets us just give up and leave before we all die.  Any thoughts?"

"...Also, does anyone know where that fucking repair alligator went?  I need a mechanic to fix my leg."

Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 334