Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482009 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #4005 on: August 10, 2021, 10:05:33 am »

"Playing snore_ends_wakeup.wav

Oh, hey, you guys are done with that weird factory thing. Y'all took so long I decided to take a n- ...that's, like, A LOT of bodies on that gate. Jeez.
Boss man, you want me to lob some high explosive at it or something?"

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4006 on: August 10, 2021, 12:03:31 pm »

"Good to have you back with us, Ed-boy. Did you dream of electric sheep?

For that fence, while it's existence offends me, for now let's hold off until we know more. If it starts getting uppity though, then by all means, erase it."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4007 on: August 10, 2021, 12:05:28 pm »

Look at the gorewall.  How occult-y does it seem, on a scale of "nah" to "let's get the fuck away right now"?  Any useful informational tidbits that can be yanked out of Wil's brain here?

Do not touch it.  But if it doesn't seem like a bad idea for occult reasons, and nothing happens to Tara after tossing a dish, try headshotting a couple of the bodies with a Smiles rifle.  Maybe shoot the wall too.  For science.

"H-hey, Tara, wait!  Before you go doing anything, can you give me that cognition copier?  I lost mine last mission, I'd love to have a replacement."

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)
”Here” *Tara gives Wil the cognition copier* ((will edit spoiler to reflect this))

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4008 on: August 10, 2021, 12:50:34 pm »

Don’t do anything, but be on the turret ready to start gunning if need be.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4009 on: August 10, 2021, 03:43:16 pm »

”Here” *Tara gives Wil the cognition copier* ((will edit spoiler to reflect this))

"Sweet!  Thanks, girl.  Here, take this in trade, a real weapon.  Be careful not to blow your head off though, fuck Derp."

Wil happily takes the cognition copier, then hands Tara one of the rifles he looted, along with several magazines for it.  ((Add the below to your sheet))

Quote from: Gift from Wil
Smiles Rifle (d6 ranged attack) and 3 magazines (d6,d6,d6)

((I've already edited Wil's sheet.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4010 on: August 10, 2021, 04:04:04 pm »

((Rifle added))

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4011 on: August 10, 2021, 10:21:39 pm »

"Looks pretty dangerous over there, and I still have some unfinished business at the factory. I'm going to take the guide and silverfish and then I'll come back. Unless one of you guys wants to join me instead? Seems funner than risking it with this gang."  :-\

Take the guide and silverfish to the factory so I could finish extracting that artifact and get him his first paycheck. Make sure I have a line of cable set up so the artifact's spatial distortions don't mess with my ability to navigate the building. The guide's job (or my teammate's) is to pull me out if he notices me entering the same state akanorth was previously in (I assume we rescued him from that?).

In case I'm not with the group and me and akanorth were left behind, pull akanorth out of his fugue state by walking a circle around him, wrapping my cable around him this way, and then literally pulling him away from the orb by pulling in the cable.

Either way, once one of the above is done, begin extracting the orb like I outlined in my previous turn:

Baldwin heads out to look for an empty shipping crate, preferably a metal one. An abandoned factory should be full of these, how else are they to send their stuff? He then turns the crate upside down and looks for some rod to prop it up with. Basically he creates a giant box trap like in this spoiler minus the rope*.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Baldwin will look at the orb's trajectory and try to predict where it will go (since you previously stated that it bounced around like a screensaver). He will set up the trap in such a way that the orb will go inside the box and collide with one of its walls. This should cause enough force to disturb the rod and make the crate fall down, trapping the orb inside. If the ball bounces off the box without making it fall, throw a big rock at the box instead. That should create enough force to trigger the trap and nab us the orb.

Once the orb has been boxed, Baldwin will walk a complete circle around the box and return to his starting position. This will make the cable around his waist wrap around the box, which should allow us to transport the box by manipulating the cable. Friction should drag the unsealed lid along as well.

The next step after this will be to seal the box, but I will do that in the next turn. I want to see how this first part turns out. Maybe it will be faster if I do this over discord or PM?

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4012 on: August 11, 2021, 03:15:32 am »

For that fence, while it's existence offends me, for now let's hold off until we know more. If it starts getting uppity though, then by all means, erase it."

Actually, I dreamt I was a huge watermelon. Just, a huge watermelon. I wonder what the meaning behind that could be."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4013 on: August 11, 2021, 06:29:33 am »

For that fence, while it's existence offends me, for now let's hold off until we know more. If it starts getting uppity though, then by all means, erase it.

Actually, I dreamt I was a huge watermelon. Just, a huge watermelon. I wonder what the meaning behind that could be."

"I believe that represents unresolved feelings of hatred towards your mother."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4014 on: August 11, 2021, 06:43:49 am »

"Shit, you might be right."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4015 on: August 11, 2021, 07:26:30 am »

For that fence, while it's existence offends me, for now let's hold off until we know more. If it starts getting uppity though, then by all means, erase it.

George Floyd was a nutcase, the reason he was the “father of psychology” was because other psychologists proved all his crazy shit wrong. I do not know where I got that, maybe someone in school told…blood has an interesting smell

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4016 on: August 11, 2021, 08:58:00 am »

((Hey, Pancaek, Bob now has a Chevrolet movie theater in convoy with the EdPC, similarly decked out with a mascot attached to the front of it. So feel free to notice or ignore that monstrosity work of art as you like~))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4017 on: August 11, 2021, 11:21:07 am »

George Floyd was a nutcase, the reason he was the “father of psychology” was because other psychologists proved all his crazy shit wrong. I do not know where I got that, maybe someone in school told…blood has an interesting smell

"Wasn't it George Harrison?  I remember something about him melting people in acid as an 'experiment'.  Dude was fucking derp unhinged."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4018 on: August 11, 2021, 11:25:23 am »

"Wasn't it George Harrison?  I remember something about him melting people in acid as an 'experiment'.  Dude was fucking derp unhinged."
Haven’t heard of Harrison, I thought Derp was already unhinged…what if he escapes again? I like being able to sense things without risking losing my will

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4019 on: August 11, 2021, 11:43:18 am »

"While Harrison Ford really was a quack and I feel half of his theories were mostly him projecting. We shouldn't ignore his contributiobs to the automobile market nor his superb acting as Spock in that one hit sci-fi series from two centuries ago"
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 334