Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482088 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #3990 on: August 07, 2021, 12:05:05 pm »

“But don’t you want To destroy it?”

”No. If I was younger maybe I’d find it funny at least, but now that I’m older, I’m more interested in money and glory. Do you know how much these things are worth at the bizarre if you can bring them back intact? I saw one there worth a million megabucks. Sure, I’d have to split it with everyone here, collecting this was a team effort after all, but that’s still a fortune.”

He says that last line while giving akanorth a wink.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 12:08:23 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3991 on: August 07, 2021, 02:21:38 pm »

“But don’t you want To destroy it?”

”No. If I was younger maybe I’d find it funny at least, but now that I’m older, I’m more interested in money and glory. Do you know how much these things are worth at the bizarre if you can bring them back intact? I saw one there worth a million megabucks. Sure, I’d have to split it with everyone here, collecting this was a team effort after all, but that’s still a fortune.”

He says that last line while giving akanorth a wink.
“ but if you’re interested in money we could make more total by breaking it and pretending we got it from a bunch of different missions and make people pay more!!!”
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3992 on: August 07, 2021, 06:26:22 pm »

“but if you’re interested in money we could make more total by breaking it and pretending we got it from a bunch of different missions and make people pay more!!!”

”Only artifacts that work are worth any money. If we break this thing, then it’ll only be worth as much as broken glass which isn’t a lot.

“I’m not interested in selling broken glass, so it’s best we do it my way. If you want to break something, there’s bound to be some giant monster to show up that will be begging for some bullets to get shoved up it’s ass.”
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3993 on: August 07, 2021, 07:46:23 pm »

“but if you’re interested in money we could make more total by breaking it and pretending we got it from a bunch of different missions and make people pay more!!!”

”Only artifacts that work are worth any money. If we break this thing, then it’ll only be worth as much as broken glass which isn’t a lot.

“I’m not interested in selling broken glass, so it’s best we do it my way. If you want to break something, there’s bound to be some giant monster to show up that will be begging for some bullets to get shoved up it’s ass.”

Fine
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3994 on: August 09, 2021, 04:32:27 pm »

The Prophecy has been fulfilled!
((well, I didn’t know this was a thing and thought you were being completely random, thanks for introducing me to that))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Drive the Chevrolet theater somewhere, hopefully towards whatever the mission entails, or towards some sort of clue as to what we’re supposed to be doing here
We're gonna assume you drive back to meet  up with the rest of the team. Because why not.

“Ok guys, I think I found the/one of the sources of the thing that’s keeping us from leaving.  I’m assuming that it’s destruction will: (a) permit us to leave (b) kill us all.  But what’s life without taking a few risks?  So does anyone have ideas for how to destroy it?”
Say the above and then attempt to hit it with my stick again.  If that fails, shoot it.
“Ok guys, I think I found the/one of the sources of the thing that’s keeping us from leaving.  I’m assuming that it’s destruction will: (a) permit us to leave (b) kill us all.  But what’s life without taking a few risks?  So does anyone have ideas for how to destroy it?”
Say the above and then attempt to hit it with my stick again.  If that fails, shoot it.

"If you want to leave, just grab onto this cable wrapped around my waist and pull yourself out as if you were climbing a rope at the gym, it'll take you to the EDPC. That works for some reason. The rest of us have already done it, so we're just waiting for you.

"As for the artifact, it's no longer a threat so don't destroy it, I'll be collecting it myself."

He gives akanorth a mean look.

"I'm serious though, don't destroy it"

Baldwin walks close enough to Akanorth so he can grab onto his cable and pull himself out. Once Akanorth is out, Baldwin will perform the procedure outlined in this spoiler:
Spoiler: Containment Procedure (click to show/hide)

Don't start until after he leaves

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
Akanorth would love to try and hit the thing again...or shoot it...but he is currently stuck in an infinite action of swinging his rod at the thing. Ever heard of a Shepard tone? Xeno's paradox? He's trapped in something like that. He is always approaching, never reaching. Always acting, never completing. The artifact is infinitely far, yet infinitely close.

Baldwin gets up closer to Akanorth but, considering Akanorth is completely unresponsive, unmoving, and infinitely approaching an action...he decides that going any closer might be a good way to get trapped in some sort of paradoxical event horizon.

"Yo!  Yags!  We're back.  Where are we heading next?  Also, I brought guns, anyone need one?"

Stow the silverfish in the APC.  Then... I guess board and wait for orders.  Run diagnostics on the APC's AI while waiting.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)
Fish atop the APC.

And considering the APC has no AI, the closest Will gets to doing diagnostics is tapping on the hood ornament and asking Ed if he's still in there.

"Just remember to avoid the city Yags, we kinda unleashed the spirit of 10,000 dead natives and I believe it's currently eating the populace and terrorizing the wasteside as we speak."

SAM will sit by the window, before realizing she's probably too big to fit her head through it by now.

1 FLS > STR

Sam sit. Sam get head stuck in window. Sam do sam thing.

"Aw shit I forgot to get those robot brains I was looking for, but fuck this place I'm not going back in there, anyway my body is ready for that battery."
Get into the EdPC and allow the new battery to be installed in me.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
"Yo!  Yags!  We're back.  Where are we heading next?  Also, I brought guns, anyone need one?"

"Ah, excellent, impeccable timing, we were just about to wrap up here. Still got a lead from that airport to wrap up."
Then, looking at the pile of guns and Sam looking unusually fed and content, he adds
And I see you guys had some proactive R&R as well, very nice.

Finally, he turns to the building, and over both comms and just by shouting, he yells that "We are getting the hell outta here at [end of turn], we've spent too much time on this shithole already."

Assuming Burt allows it, install that battery! Use a toolkit charge.

Then, at the end of the turn, once everybody who wants to get in is in, EdPC rides out toward that shipping center! Oh, and using the bio tracker, maybe pass by Tara and Bob to pick them up if it’s not too far out of the way.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
[8,5] -1 charge

Battery Installed!

Now then...what the hell was that shipping center...Ah right.

The EdPC, presumably with the Chevrolet Movie Theater trailing along behind it, heads south towards the shipping center. And they very nearly get there too. However, as the approach Palmer road they notice something rather...disconcerting ahead. It appears to be a huge metal gate that has been constructed between two multistory buildings. Looks to be made of scrap metal crudely welded together. The EdPC might be able to just barrel straight through. But thats not the disconcerting part. The disconcerting part is the fact that the entire thing is absolutely fucking coated in gore. There are nude bodies impaled on rods above and around the door, on spikes on the door, on metal barricades in front of the door, wrapped in barbed wire covering the door, stacked in piles in the road, and just strewn about in greater and lesser degrees of completeness. In total there are probably several hundred corpses. And not a single sign of a living person. It is entirely and distressingly still and silent.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3995 on: August 09, 2021, 05:02:08 pm »

Is…did the door eat them? Can someone tell me what the mission is? I missed how I got here and Bob seemed adamant about the car, do we give it something? See how it reacts? If at all?the theater we found was empty too, I bought a cognition copier for anyone who doesn’t have one. I’m gonna see if the gate’s a mimic, by thr9wing something at it,  e ready to reverse soon in case my guess is correct
Throw empty plate at possible gate mimic, if it is a mimic, the plate will shatter, doing damage to it, Reverse quickly and get away from it, if it’s not a mimic, the plate will shatter, and I have space for something more useful, and I won’t have to run from a giant mimic, also try giving the hammer to whoever owned it
which one of you lent me a hammer? I still have it
Bob, did you understand my reasoning I mentioned at all?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 04:03:40 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3996 on: August 09, 2021, 06:05:06 pm »

((you said to drive to wherever, preferably toward the mission, and Radio has a habit of collecting stragglers when it's time to move from one objective to the next, so we got swept up alongside the EdPC and Silverfish and whoever else is running alongside in a caravan. That's how we got here.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3997 on: August 09, 2021, 06:11:38 pm »

((Yes, but the first she remembers of this place is helping Bob find a car, yes the gate is part of the mission, but she’s still unaware of the ultimate goal, does that make sense?))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3998 on: August 09, 2021, 06:18:01 pm »

((Sure, I think. Oh, because she's been suffering space dementia for a while, since the end of the previous mission, right?))

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3999 on: August 09, 2021, 06:20:38 pm »

"...This looks to good to be true, hey Occult Nerd, check the gate's chakras for bad juju! I wanna see if those bodies are edible, chop-chop!"

If the gate isn't haunted, SAM will start to suction the bits and pieces off it like a vacuum. If it is haunted, SAM will make a mental note to ask Wil to send whoever built this blueball doorway to the ghost zone, and then eat bodies of the pilles that are far away from it./b]

« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 07:17:17 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4000 on: August 09, 2021, 06:29:13 pm »

((Sure, I think. Oh, because she's been suffering space dementia for a while, since the end of the previous mission, right?))
((She’s possible suffering from sensory overload from the deprivation from before when she dealt with the controller aka Mr. Derp, the metal gate and the bodies are reminding her of her very first mission she remembers, when they went to the haunted outpost and she saw the death of a universe and traveled on metal beams to break the source of madness))

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4001 on: August 09, 2021, 06:41:17 pm »

pull out of the loop.  Then attempt to put it in my containment pod.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4002 on: August 10, 2021, 02:36:00 am »

Look at the gorewall.  How occult-y does it seem, on a scale of "nah" to "let's get the fuck away right now"?  Any useful informational tidbits that can be yanked out of Wil's brain here?

Do not touch it.  But if it doesn't seem like a bad idea for occult reasons, and nothing happens to Tara after tossing a dish, try headshotting a couple of the bodies with a Smiles rifle.  Maybe shoot the wall too.  For science.

EDIT: Also, receive and equip cognition copier from Tara.  Give her one of the looted rifles in trade. (Already edited)

"H-hey, Tara, wait!  Before you go doing anything, can you give me that cognition copier?  I lost mine last mission, I'd love to have a replacement."

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4003 on: August 10, 2021, 03:11:49 am »

Is…did the door eat them? Can someone tell me what the mission is? I missed how I got here and Bob seemed adamant about the car, do we give it something? See how it reacts? If at all?the theater we found was empty too, I bought a cognition copier for anyone who doesn’t have one. I’m gonna see if the gate’s a mimic, by thr9wing something at it,  e ready to reverse soon in case my guess is correct

"I dunno who or what did this, though if I had to guess this is the 'welcome home' sign of some local gang. We did spot those guys in military fatigues and some sort of skins in this neighborhood a while back with the drone. Either way, let's try to avoid all this if we can."

Take a look at this area and the general area beyond through satellite/drone cams. Nothing out there either? And does this 'fence' stretch out all the way around where we want to go? If not, could we just plot a course around whatever this is to our destination?

Either way, have a scan of the area. Bio tracker, enviro scanner, anomaly watch, the works. 

Finally, ask our guide if he knows anything about this place.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4004 on: August 10, 2021, 03:35:49 am »

"I'm not sure we need to be messing with a door like that, it's probably covered in AIDS and other diseases, and ain't nobody got time for that."
Stay in the car far from the weird door, and look at my new battery and find out how long it'll last.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 334