Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482193 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #3975 on: August 06, 2021, 04:28:41 am »

(I'm not the one trying to smack the anomaly with a stick, it's akanorth requtist.)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3976 on: August 06, 2021, 08:21:54 am »

(I'm not the one trying to smack the anomaly with a stick, it's akanorth requtist.)
I’m not trying to smack it, I’m trying to utterly destroy it.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3977 on: August 06, 2021, 04:09:37 pm »

We'll make do with what we've got then. Rip the front passenger seat out of the car we already have. projector goes there. Tear the whole backseat out and plaster as much of the screen as we can fit into the back window draping down to the floorboards. Cut a hole in the trunk lid and affix the popcorn machine back there. If Tara so desires, we can replace the driver's seat with one of the theatre seats, but that's optional. Cardboard man is now our mascot: apply him like a skin over the passenger side hood and windshield of the car. If we can get the projector rigged to be at least minimally functional, that'd be great.
Spoiler: ignore this (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)
Tara’s rather keep the driver’s seat as is. Some part of the car needs to be kept the way it was so she can drive it. Help Bob with all of this so we can hopefully find out what we’re supposed to be doing, by picking a direction to drive to
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

[6]
Through rewiring of the car's electronics and heavy modification of the interior (including reupholstering with theater carpeting) Bob manages to get the projector and screen in place, the popcorn machine installed, and the standee taped to the hood. He even measures the distances between the projector and screen so that the movie being projected is the right size and mostly clear.

Use the anti-bio razor to hack apart the vines trying to grab that one guy.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
[5] Ji wanders about and chops up the small plants still trying to kill "That one guy".  They don't offer much resistance. Well, no more so than an animate dandelion would normally.

((So, apparently I just used the EDPC to just tow Yagyu and Ji out of the trap. Ok, commence RP))
”Glad to see that you guys are okay. Turns out that tree kidnapping was a blessing in disguise.”
There’s a bit of an awkward silence as nobody bothers to comment. Baldwin looks into the hole again.
”So... how do you want to approach this now? Have you guys found the battery yet?”

"Working on it. This place is pissing me off."

Double check the cable to make sure it'll hold and then go in again and look for that fucking battery, then drag myself out again if one is found. Also drag out any remaining teammates if possible/needed. Either way shoot a message to the people inside:

"Guys, I know that grabbing glowing green glassballs that gave us grief is good fun, but try to not linger too long, we still have a job to do remember."

If we manage to get everyone gathered and things sorted, then board EdPC and let's head out to that second shipping location we learned about at the airport.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
[5]
Yagyu, grumbling the whole time, returns into the anomalous factory and grabs the godforsaken battery. Its easy enough now that he knows how to move around. He tells the rest of the team to stop screwing around then returns the way he came.

"Can't think of a way to stop that green thing so I'm leaving."
Use my cable to drag myself outside to the rest of the group.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Burt Burt leaves the way Yagyu came.

whack the glass thing with my rod. It’s got to be important, and then put it or whatever of it I can fit into my containment pod.
[2]
Alkaline Request...uh...Alakazam Reginald...Arkansas Reunion....Akanorth Requtist swings his rod at the glowing green whatever it is. The rod travels in a sharp arc towards the thing....and keeps going...and keeps going....it keeps moving towards the thing...always getting closer....never reaching it.

"Ahhh yeah this is what I'm talking about! I can feel my mitochondrias on overdrive right now! So, baka-will, we helping the derpy cultist or what? I mean I don't really care much about him since you know, he's a normal meatsack unlike you and I. Like maybe if it was Ji or Yakman calling...Wait a second is my communicator own?! I mean uh-hold on there Baldwonk, we're coming to save you!"

SAM will get on the silverfish and see what's happening to Balding Whinkerhonk. Bring Wil along if he wants to, or don't, he could get there by walking all thing's considered. Guy's a fucking brick house, as in, he's the size of a house made out of bricks. h and +1 FLESH to STR.

"Yeaaaah, we prolly should.  I don't want to get yelled at by Yagyu.  I think I'm gonna just leave the armored car, I can't fit inside it anyway.  So I'll be right with you, just wanna stow these guns first."

What die size of ammo for the rifles, and how many spare mags per rifle?  For comparison, the basic OMNITECH gun has the same damage and d8 mags.

What damage size for the grenades?  OMNITECH frags deal d12 damage.  I'd also like damage die for the rocket launcher, there's no point of reference there since OMNITECH doesn't sell those.

As an actual action... ehhh we don't really need an armored car.  Just ride back to the team as a passenger on the silverfish.  Happiness is a full arsenal.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)
Ammo is d6, 8 spare mags in the car.
Damage for grenades is the same. RPG does d12+3.

I cannot comprehend anything SAM is saying so I'm gonna assume you two just fly back to the EdPC as the Smile's hideout burns in the distance and a godzilla sized skeleton slowly rampages around the city.

Before Akanorth Requtist can do any damage, Baldwin fires a warning shot with his pistol and tells him to stop.
((this is very obnoxious metagaming, and so soon after you roleplayed complete IC ignorance of the situation. You have no good reason to either go inside the anomaly, or to even know the other guy is in there and what he is doing. You have even less reason to expect that you could get there in time to stop what's about to happen.))

Guess I jumped the gun a little. Piecewise did a small timeskip to have me rescue Yagu and Ji and I assumed I had been briefed on everything afterwards. Upon rereading the turn though, the discovery of the glass glob has only just happened (right after the timeskip) and only Burt Burt and the other cultist know. Sorry about that, I'll make a new action.

"Guys, I know that grabbing glowing green glassballs that gave us grief is good fun, but try to not linger too long, we still have a job to do remember."

"If there are glowing green glassballs inside, then I'd like to take a look. I accidentally obliterated the tree guy while trying to escape from him so it would make me feel better if I could find another artifact to replace it with. Should be a quick job."

Create a harness using cable. Wrap one end around my waist and the other end around the EDPC. Venture inside the factory and try to find those balls Yagyu is talking about. If I find Akanorth, recoil in horror as I witness him smashing the ball, being too late to stop him.

((And before anyone says it's out of character for me to venture into dangerous anomalies, I would like to remind you of how I handled the snap at the prospector's bar. Also it's my job to do things like this.))

Also ask the GM some questions:
Quote from: Previous Post
((I have some questions about the Military grade electronic binoculars I got. Do they have multiple vision modes and if so what are they? Particularly I'm curious about things like infrared and night vision.))

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
Baldwin follows the cable back into the building. He  sees...that guy with the name...swinging his rod at the glowing orb. And he notices that he's swinging it infinitely. Its a very odd thing to see. Always moving inwards...never reaching.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3978 on: August 06, 2021, 04:27:23 pm »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3979 on: August 06, 2021, 04:31:54 pm »

The Prophecy has been fulfilled!
((well, I didn’t know this was a thing and thought you were being completely random, thanks for introducing me to that))
Drive the Chevrolet theater somewhere, hopefully towards whatever the mission entails, or towards some sort of clue as to what we’re supposed to be doing here

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3980 on: August 06, 2021, 05:08:53 pm »

Baldwin sees the infinitely swinging rod and smiles.

"You'll never reach it as long as you're the one swinging it. Wait here, I'm going to try to collect this."

*SNIP*

EDIT: The rest of this turn has been moved to the next post.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 02:31:01 am by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3981 on: August 06, 2021, 06:09:35 pm »

“Ok guys, I think I found the/one of the sources of the thing that’s keeping us from leaving.  I’m assuming that it’s destruction will: (a) permit us to leave (b) kill us all.  But what’s life without taking a few risks?  So does anyone have ideas for how to destroy it?”
Say the above and then attempt to hit it with my stick again.  If that fails, shoot it.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 07:00:45 am by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3982 on: August 06, 2021, 06:34:36 pm »

“Ok guys, I think I found the/one of the sources of the thing that’s keeping us from leaving.  I’m assuming that it’s destruction will: (a) permit us to leave (b) kill us all.  But what’s life without taking a few risks?  So does anyone have ideas for how to destroy it?”
Say the above and then attempt to hit it with my stick again.  If that fails, shoot it.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3983 on: August 06, 2021, 09:17:10 pm »

"If you want to leave, just grab onto this cable wrapped around my waist and pull yourself out as if you were climbing a rope at the gym, it'll take you to the EDPC. That works for some reason. The rest of us have already done it, so we're just waiting for you.

"As for the artifact, it's no longer a threat so don't destroy it, I'll be collecting it myself."

He gives akanorth a mean look.

"I'm serious though, don't destroy it"

Baldwin walks close enough to Akanorth so he can grab onto his cable and pull himself out. Once Akanorth is out, Baldwin will perform the procedure outlined in this spoiler:
Spoiler: Containment Procedure (click to show/hide)

Don't start until after he leaves

« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 09:23:43 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3984 on: August 06, 2021, 11:45:59 pm »

Quote from: Naturegirl1999
Quote from: Ozarck
The Prophecy has been fulfilled!
((well, I didn’t know this was a thing and thought you were being completely random, thanks for introducing me to that))
((any time! Glad i could help fill your crocodile alligator meme needs. Bob was, after all, created literally in response to a similar meme.))

Quote from: Naturegirl1999
Quote from: BlackPaladin99
((ah, look at you, helping out with formatting for other players. You're a real veteran now :D))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3985 on: August 07, 2021, 02:52:15 am »

"Yo!  Yags!  We're back.  Where are we heading next?  Also, I brought guns, anyone need one?"

Stow the silverfish in the APC.  Then... I guess board and wait for orders.  Run diagnostics on the APC's AI while waiting.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3986 on: August 07, 2021, 04:04:13 am »

"Yo!  Yags!  We're back.  Where are we heading next?  Also, I brought guns, anyone need one?"

"Ah, excellent, impeccable timing, we were just about to wrap up here. Still got a lead from that airport to wrap up."
Then, looking at the pile of guns and Sam looking unusually fed and content, he adds
And I see you guys had some proactive R&R as well, very nice.

Finally, he turns to the building, and over both comms and just by shouting, he yells that "We are getting the hell outta here at [end of turn], we've spent too much time on this shithole already."

Assuming Burt allows it, install that battery! Use a toolkit charge.

Then, at the end of the turn, once everybody who wants to get in is in, EdPC rides out toward that shipping center! Oh, and using the bio tracker, maybe pass by Tara and Bob to pick them up if it’s not too far out of the way.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3987 on: August 07, 2021, 06:03:00 am »

"Aw shit I forgot to get those robot brains I was looking for, but fuck this place I'm not going back in there, anyway my body is ready for that battery."
Get into the EdPC and allow the new battery to be installed in me.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3988 on: August 07, 2021, 07:02:29 am »

"If you want to leave, just grab onto this cable wrapped around my waist and pull yourself out as if you were climbing a rope at the gym, it'll take you to the EDPC. That works for some reason. The rest of us have already done it, so we're just waiting for you.

"As for the artifact, it's no longer a threat so don't destroy it, I'll be collecting it myself."

He gives akanorth a mean look.

"I'm serious though, don't destroy it"

Baldwin walks close enough to Akanorth so he can grab onto his cable and pull himself out. Once Akanorth is out, Baldwin will perform the procedure outlined in this spoiler:
Spoiler: Containment Procedure (click to show/hide)

Don't start until after he leaves

“But don’t you want To destroy it?”

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3989 on: August 07, 2021, 10:24:06 am »

"Just remember to avoid the city Yags, we kinda unleashed the spirit of 10,000 dead natives and I believe it's currently eating the populace and terrorizing the wasteside as we speak."

SAM will sit by the window, before realizing she's probably too big to fit her head through it by now.

1 FLS > STR

Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 334