Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482394 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #3915 on: July 15, 2021, 02:30:10 pm »

((Blackpaladin, just a note.  You must post your sheet with your action, or else your action will automatically fail.  Just copy the way everyone else posts their sheets.))

Wilfred--still encased in his massive faceless hardsuit, of course--turns to SAM right after they both receive pings from Baldwin.

"Do you want to go help him?  I assume you can't eat wood, but I'll drive the bodies over for you to chomp on, if you want to go.  Though it sounds pretty dumb and boring."

Eh, I'm fine with just pushing some of the cars into a cluster, so they definitely can't drive straight through.  Aside from that, just wait for them to get here, and examine our prey from a distance.  Do any of their vehicles have heavy weapons?  How many bodies does it look like they have?

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3916 on: July 15, 2021, 04:54:36 pm »

"Eh, he's a big occult boy, he can handle himself...probably..."

And with that, SAM will help Wilfonso II with making a roadblock with the cars.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: July 15, 2021, 06:14:33 pm »

Ok, NOW go shoot the tree monster with the piledriver gun.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: July 15, 2021, 06:39:17 pm »

action fixed. quick question.  did the five points mean five points into both stats and skills, or total. 
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 07:09:59 pm by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: July 15, 2021, 07:47:32 pm »

action fixed. quick question.  did the five points mean five points into both stats and skills, or total.
in total.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3920 on: July 20, 2021, 02:51:25 pm »

"That was only a 1 in 25 chance! The outcome I want is also a 1 in 25 chance! I'm pretty good at getting 1 in 25 chances so if I keep stabbing I'll eventually get what I want in around 3 turns!"

Clearly the oxygen deprivation is starting to get to Baldwin because nobody knows what he's talking about anymore. Surely somebody in the EDPC can save him. Maybe the EDPC itself can drive on over and get Baldwin out of this pickle...

Suddenly, Will and SAM get a text.

Hey guys, I managed to get ahold of an artifact. It's this piece of everlasting firewood. It's not the fanciest thing in the world, but an artifact is an artifact and I'm sure it will sell well at the bizarre regardless.

There's just one problem. It's currently escaping our custody and we could really use an aerial support vehicle to help hunt it down. It would also be nice have a quick way of traveling to the bizarre without slowing down the rest of our group. As you can guess, it's a bit hard to hold on to so I'd like to fence this thing as soon as possible.

Just travel to my coordinates and I'll brief you on the rest.

And with that done, Baldwin puts the phone away and reaches for his knife.

STAB IT! AGAIN!

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
[8]
Baldwin stabs the tree and the tree ceases to be. It doesn't just die or explode. It vanishes. Pops like a damn soap bubble. Baldwin has a few seconds to first enjoy oxygen and then to bemoan the loss of his infinite wood. Then, as he lays on the concrete catching his breath, the weeds next to him start pulling themselves free from the cracks and crevices and scampering towards him.

This is...most unfortunate.

Drive the Chevrolet to…somewhere
((Two level ups complete))
Bob's not about nine foot tall baby treemen. Bob doesn't eat nine foot tall baby treemen.

Bob is about driving a Chevrolet movie theatre.

Get in Tara! Get in and drive!
[9]
Through a complex game of crocodile charades Tara manages to figure out that Bob wants her to drive him to a movie theater. She...isn't exactly sure where a movie theater is...so she heads out in search of one.
[4,1]
The Good news is that in her wandering she manages not to run into anything dangerous! She does narrowly avoid a wandering building at one point, but she manages to squeeze past without being noticed. The bad news is that she ends up with no idea where she is in relation to the team.

what is going on and how can i help. 
"where the heck am i?  whats happening, is there anyone who needs killing?

Currently you appear to be trapped within a robotic's factory which expands infinitely when you try to escape. Think of it as Xeno's paradox, but it hates you.

"Well shit this ain't good."
Walk around the edges of the anomaly we've found ourselves in and see if I can't find a way out of it.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Burt does a quick walk around the place and finds out something very important: The "infinite" effect that prevents them from leaving only activates when he tries to walk nearer to the outer walls of the building. If he walks around, staying the same distance from the outer walls at all times, he can circumnavigate the building without issue. Similarly, he can move deeper in without issue. But as soon as he tries to get further towards the edge, it won't let him get anywhere.

The building is like some sort of sandpit; moving in is easy, but getting out is impossible. He ends up 5 feet deeper into the building finding this out. He cannot get back out to Yagyu and the others, though he's obviously close enough to talk to them.

Sigh. Ok then, let's see.
1) Use enviro scanner and anomaly watch too see if I can spot anything that could indicate what's going on here or where the 'source' is. and does the anomaly watch still point to the upper floor>

2) Also try to use my Bob sample for the biorhythm tracker to see if it can still pick that up.

3) See if I still have radio comms to my teammates, if yes warn them not to enter this place for now or at least not get into the anomalous zone. And ask our guide, has he seen anything like this before?

4) Can I literally only move in the direction of the machinery? No way to get to a side wall we could bust through or something?

5) If I throw a bolt or w/ever in the direction of the stairs, does it reach or does it just keep falling or something?   

what is going on and how can i help. 
"where the heck am i?  whats happening, is there anyone who needs killing?

((assuming he's not in the anomalous zone and can hear Yagyu, if not disregard.))
"There's a guy outside getting strangled by a tree. See if you can help him with that. The guy, I mean, not the tree."

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

1. Still points to the upper floor. The random signals its getting are stronger now, and seem to get stronger the closer to the hypothetical center of the room.
2. The tracker can still see bob, but the range finder displays "29 AU".
3. You are still receiving, but they don't seem to hear you. Seems like signals get in but not out.
4. Seems like it.
5. You grab a washer off the ground and huck it towards the stairs. It...hits the stairs...That's different.

"Eh, he's a big occult boy, he can handle himself...probably..."

And with that, SAM will help Wilfonso II with making a roadblock with the cars.

((Blackpaladin, just a note.  You must post your sheet with your action, or else your action will automatically fail.  Just copy the way everyone else posts their sheets.))

Wilfred--still encased in his massive faceless hardsuit, of course--turns to SAM right after they both receive pings from Baldwin.

"Do you want to go help him?  I assume you can't eat wood, but I'll drive the bodies over for you to chomp on, if you want to go.  Though it sounds pretty dumb and boring."

Eh, I'm fine with just pushing some of the cars into a cluster, so they definitely can't drive straight through.  Aside from that, just wait for them to get here, and examine our prey from a distance.  Do any of their vehicles have heavy weapons?  How many bodies does it look like they have?

Wilfred and Sam spend the next several minutes shoving cars around and forming a barricade of sorts. They get pretty into it and only finally stop when some bullets ricochet off the ground around them.  The convoy has seen them  and has opened up with their mounted machinegun from a distance. Sam and Wil vault over their barricade and peek out as bullets continue to hiss past. 

The convoy is a good...400 feet away, but is speeding up. Its started to just bash its way through the cars as best it can, still weaving but actually moving at a decent clip now. Looks like 5 cars, maybe 20 people, two trucks, two armored cars/apcs, and some kind of retrofitted van. Someone is climbing up on top of the nearest armored car with a RPG and taking aim.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Present Lottery
« Reply #3921 on: July 20, 2021, 03:04:24 pm »

Look to see if there are any hostiles, if not, continue driving. We’re bound to find something eventually. If (and this is unlikely) we find a friendly or neutral, ask about relatively safe areas and movie theaters ( hopefully within the relatively safe category)
”Bob, I’m unsure if you can understand me, but I’m curious why you want to see a movie, also I’m not entirely sure what we’re supposed to be doing here, I hope you know”

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: July 20, 2021, 03:55:15 pm »

Bob gurgles in an encouraging way and sticks his snout out a window, just a little bit.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: July 20, 2021, 05:41:57 pm »

"This is where the fun begins! You handle the cars, I'll take Shooty McRocket there. And try to leave at least some remains for me will ya?!"    

SAM will hop along the cars like a demonic frog towards the RPG man before biting off his head.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: July 20, 2021, 08:23:48 pm »

Go find my teammate
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3925 on: July 21, 2021, 12:15:06 am »

Find the weakest looking exterior wall and shoot it with the piledriver.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: July 21, 2021, 03:22:02 am »

"Hey guys I think I've fucked up somehow, I'm further in and can't get back to the group, it seems going further in is permanent because I'm stuck."
Face the center of the building and walk backwards towards the group and see if that doesn't allow me to get out, if that fails try to find a stair case and go up stairs.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: July 21, 2021, 04:18:35 am »

"Woah, woah, you're vulner--ah, fuck it!  Try and get inside, take control!  That car is our loot!  Everything else is food."

Alrighty then.  Use the ACA to target all the vehicles aside from the one with rocket dude, and the one with the mounted machine gun.  The damn acidthrower has better than even odds of damaging a hardsuit, so I expect it to deal with vehicles well enough.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: July 21, 2021, 07:54:34 am »

"Shit...”

RUN! Run until I reach the EDPC and get inside the vehicle so the weeds can’t get me. Set some of my rainbow tobacco on fire and drop it behind me as I try to escape. Maybe they’ll be traumatized by seeing their brethren burn and slow down.

If I succeed, ponder why the weeds were still chasing after me even though I annihilated the tree guy

Thank god I invested a point into speed.

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: July 25, 2021, 08:10:33 am »

Grab something (preferably smaller than a washer :v ) and write a message on it that says this is an anomalous area and to warn teammates not to enter, and ask if they can toss us a rope or something from the entrance without getting in. Laser it into the side of the thing with the pulse laser on low if needed. Then chuck this out a window or the hole Ji is gonna make.

Look toward where the anomaly detector is pointing. We currently can't reach it since the stairs are out of reach, correct? Does it seem like I could use the pulse laser to cut out a hole in the roof so we can get a visual on it?

Hell, if I try jumping high, does it seem like the anomaly also has its effect (aka can't really move up either) or does that work?

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 334