Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482807 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #3795 on: June 09, 2021, 07:06:04 pm »

"Well my job here is done, should I leave or do something more Wonfrod Wilsonson?"

SAM will find someplace dark and small to hide while awaiting confirmation of any nearby nerds to kidnap or shinies to loot.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Yagyu, we've gotten a connection into the hospital intranet.  Gonna start searching for our target now."

Well, start scanning through all information that can be accessed.  Priority is any kind of information on where the scientist is, and ideally a way to contact him.  After that, maps, layouts, and information on where they keep their coolest/best guns are a secondary goal.  Hey, nothing's wrong with a bit of personal fun!

Oh, and if any information is found on the scientist/possible loot caches, forward that info to Yagyu and SAM.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)

[1] Of course. Uh...[4] I see.

Wilfred makes a mistake. He makes a very big mistake. As he attempts to get into the main server, he meddles with some fundamental aspects of the Operating system. Specifically he deletes a single file named "Coconut.JPG". Immediately he loses connection. He tries to reestablish connection for a few moments before looking over towards the hospital and realizing that the entire place is in a panic. He didn't lose connection...there's nothing to connect to anymore. The entire computer infrastructure has been, in one motion, wiped out.

"These batteries I've got sure seem to suck I guess I'm stuck in the tuck until someone can find better ones."
Be ready to use one of the turrets if it's needed and make sure I'm plugged in so I have a full battery if needed.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
"Edboy, I think we might want to back up juuuust a lil' bit until we know what is going on here."

Ask our guide if he knows who these people are or if he has an idea of what is happening here.

Does it look like that rocket was maybe aimed at us and they just had really bad aim, or more likely that they intended to hit that building?

If more hostilities occur (not necessarily against us) make sure that the weakness analyzer is active.

"Yagyu, we've gotten a connection into the hospital intranet.  Gonna start searching for our target now."

"Good to hear it! We just entered the orange zone in pursuit of one of our leads and might swing by to interview one of the other eggheads, but might have stumbled on some trouble already."

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Get on a turret and fire at hostiles.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
"Quite so. Imma just scootch over a bit out of the line of fire"

This seems like a bad place to park. If possible, get out of the line of fire by heading north towards that hospital. If that doesn't get us out of the line of fire, take another direction.

All the while, use the EdPC's cameras and Pushbot to check our surroundings. Doesn't seem like anyone is targeting us specifically right now. But if I see anyone target us, give them a shot of the main cannon (currently has a regular shell loaded)

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)
"Hey Wilfred, since you're in there, could you go looking around for some paydata (ie. stuff we can sell on the blackmarket to interested buyers). There seem to be a lot of rival gangs who would be interested in seeing the smiles get taken down a peg, maybe there's some info about their weaknesses in there. Alternatively you could look for building blueprints or weapon schematics. They've got some smart people working here. I'm 99% sure they're working on a prototype we can steal."

Check my watch for anomalous activity (besides the mushroom). Look at what the parking lot men are pointing at.

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)

Burt and Ji each man one of the side turrets while Yagyu and Pushbot start looking around through the forward window slit. The EdPC is too long to make a U-turn without smashing into a concrete partition so it just slams into reverse and starts heading back, towards the intersection that leads north to the hospital. As they pull away something comes striding out from the space between two buildings. Its a tree. A big one, about 35 meters tall, and of course its walking on elongated root legs which is a bit odd. Its trunk body is bare, with all its lower branches braided together into two arms, while its head is a conical green mass of leaves and branches. Its wearing a sort of scale mail shirt of cars, mail boxes, and other debris woven together with heavy chains and carrying a long metal pillar ending in a "BIG BURG" fast food sign like an ax. It steps out onto the road, crushing several cars as another rocket slams into its chest and detonates in a fireball. It stumbles slightly, rocking backwards, but doesn't stop.  Its moving towards the parking lot and the scrub wearing men.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: June 10, 2021, 04:19:27 am »

"Oh fuck we're being attacked by nature!"
Open fire on the tree with the turret.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: June 10, 2021, 04:38:55 am »

"Uh.  Well.  Fuck.  I kinda just knocked out the Smiles' entire intranet.  Fuck Derp, they built it like a stack of cards!  I didn't manage to extract any info, either.  Fucking... ugh, okay, old fashioned way.  Richard, I'm coming in; we'll try to grab someone and have them tell us where the egghead is.  Try for a bit, if he seems grabbable we'll pull him out.  Otherwise, we fall back."

Okay, fuck.  Start... crawling into the tunnel and towards the Smiles underground.  Hopefully the rest of the tunnel is traversable while crawling?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: June 10, 2021, 12:03:02 pm »

”Shit dude! You gotta figure out the extent of the damage. As far as we know, you might have knocked out their entire power grid! That wasn’t just a hospital, that was their main base. King smile or whatever that founding cannibal’s name is probably lives here.

((OOC: Can you fact check that last line for me Piecewise?))
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: June 10, 2021, 12:10:31 pm »

"Excuse my German but WHAT ZE SCHINDZEL WILFRED?! You better hope that damn nerd is here or else you better start getting ready to go to clown college, and not one of the cushy ivy league ones!"

SAM will search for where they might keep the weapons, dead bodies, nerds or crimes against mother nature. Making sure to try to use the chaos to stay hidden, SAM will also ponder on what is the worst clown collage she could send Wonfred to.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 12:32:33 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: June 10, 2021, 12:16:53 pm »

If the monster starts to focus on us, start firing at it, aiming for the legs.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: June 10, 2021, 01:53:46 pm »

Who is currently manning the EdPC main gun? If it is not either Ed himself or someone with at least d10 gun skill, do it myself and fire at the tree thing, preferably the legs to immobilize it.

If the main gun is being handled properly, then instead disembark and fire the pulse laser at the tree. The autonomous targeting system will fire the ferromagnetic accelerator (box of metal scrap for ammo, see inventory).

Either way, hopefully the weakness analysis protocols kicked in last turn, if yes we are now on lvl. 1 ("increase damage dealt by 1 die level").

Oh, and if the tree thing comes in our direction, either ride on EdPC as he backs away or just back away myself. 

« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 03:34:44 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: June 10, 2021, 02:10:59 pm »

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are currently experiencing some angry ent related turbulence. Please fasten your seatbelts and man the side guns, your captain will activate the anti tree cannon. "

Assume direct control over the main gun (that currently has a regular shell loaded) and shoot the angry tree thing. If one shot doesn't do the trick, have pushbot reload an HE shell and shoot it again.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3803 on: June 14, 2021, 05:44:27 pm »

"Uh.  Well.  Fuck.  I kinda just knocked out the Smiles' entire intranet.  Fuck Derp, they built it like a stack of cards!  I didn't manage to extract any info, either.  Fucking... ugh, okay, old fashioned way.  Richard, I'm coming in; we'll try to grab someone and have them tell us where the egghead is.  Try for a bit, if he seems grabbable we'll pull him out.  Otherwise, we fall back."

Okay, fuck.  Start... crawling into the tunnel and towards the Smiles underground.  Hopefully the rest of the tunnel is traversable while crawling?

[3]
Wilfred tears the grate completely off the drain and lays down on his hands and knees. He can, just barely, wriggle through the drain like this. He squirms through, following the path originally taken by SAM, and eventually comes to the drain up into the hospital's underbelly. Unfortunately, as previously mentioned, its only about a foot in diameter.

"Excuse my German but WHAT ZE SCHINDZEL WILFRED?! You better hope that damn nerd is here or else you better start getting ready to go to clown college, and not one of the cushy ivy league ones!"

SAM will search for where they might keep the weapons, dead bodies, nerds or crimes against mother nature. Making sure to try to use the chaos to stay hidden, SAM will also ponder on what is the worst clown collage she could send Wonfred to.

[2,8]
SAM abandons the drone and immediately begins begins sprinting through the pitch black tunnels. She can't see a damn thing but she doesn't really need to. She follows the smell of flesh and terror until she scrambles up into one of the large buildings above ground, bursting through a nondescript door and into a hallway. From there things are a mad blur as she screams down the halls, dashing past or barreling through anyone in her way. She somehow ends up on top of the building, running mad circles on the roof until she catches sight of something. Down in the courtyard there's a large group of very well armed men moving towards the motor pool. In their midst are a bunch of older, unarmed men. They are unmistakably nerds. She can't tell if the target is among them...but it seems like they're trying to whisk all their brains away to safety.

”Shit dude! You gotta figure out the extent of the damage. As far as we know, you might have knocked out their entire power grid! That wasn’t just a hospital, that was their main base. King smile or whatever that founding cannibal’s name is probably lives here.

((OOC: Can you fact check that last line for me Piecewise?))
It is their main base and It makes sense he'd be there.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are currently experiencing some angry ent related turbulence. Please fasten your seatbelts and man the side guns, your captain will activate the anti tree cannon. "

Assume direct control over the main gun (that currently has a regular shell loaded) and shoot the angry tree thing. If one shot doesn't do the trick, have pushbot reload an HE shell and shoot it again.

"Oh fuck we're being attacked by nature!"
Open fire on the tree with the turret.
If the monster starts to focus on us, start firing at it, aiming for the legs.
[1,3,7][5+6] [Left side gun down to d4 use on ammo]
The main gun is the first to fire, rocking the entire vehicle when it does. Where the shell went exactly is hard to say, all they could see of it was a faint trail of distorted air arcing out over the Treeman's head. Unfortunately, the Tree apparently noticed the shot and turns slowly to face the EdPC. The two side mounted guns open up and spray rounds into the wooden monster. Burt's rounds strike its chest and burst into sparks and shrapnel, but Ji's attack lands squarely on the creature's head and rips branches and bark apart. The creature takes a shaky step and drops to one knee, clearly hurt by the onslaught.

Who is currently manning the EdPC main gun? If it is not either Ed himself or someone with at least d10 gun skill, do it myself and fire at the tree thing, preferably the legs to immobilize it.

If the main gun is being handled properly, then instead disembark and fire the pulse laser at the tree. The autonomous targeting system will fire the ferromagnetic accelerator (box of metal scrap for ammo, see inventory).

Either way, hopefully the weakness analysis protocols kicked in last turn, if yes we are now on lvl. 1 ("increase damage dealt by 1 die level").

Oh, and if the tree thing comes in our direction, either ride on EdPC as he backs away or just back away myself. 

[3][3]
Yagyu unloads the pulse laser with one hand and hurls a heavy iron gear with the other. The laser skims the branches and scorches a few, but does little damage while the gear strikes the creature's chest armor and embeds itself.

[1]
A rocket from the scrub wearing men comes flying in at the creature's back but misses and slips between its limbs, striking the ground in front of the EdPC and throwing up a dense cloud of pulverized asphalt. The black dust makes it difficult for the team to see whats happening or accurately aim at the tree.

[1]
The Tree starts to stand up, rising halfway and taking a swing with its signclub. The motion overbalances it though and it ends up missing the EdPC and falling onto its side with a rumbling crunch.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: June 15, 2021, 02:55:11 am »

Back the hell up till I'm out of reach of the tree's arms&weapons.

Use biorhythm tracker to keep track of where it is through the cloud and help with aiming, share this info with teammates if requested.

Weakness Analysis protocols is now at lvl 2: increase damage dealt by 1 die level, + gain advantage on to-hit.

Right arm: shoot ferromagnetic accelerator. Left arm: shoot with goop thrower, aim at leg/foot to try and slow it down or make it stumble so it can't reach us.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: June 15, 2021, 03:40:24 am »

Keep firing the turret at the big tree thing, this time try shooting it in the face.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: June 15, 2021, 04:09:52 am »

Keep firing at the head.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: June 15, 2021, 11:05:16 pm »

Yep.  Ghosts.  Summon a swarm of antlered ghost ants to batter/eat through the opening until the hardsuit can fit.  Then... start rushing through the tunnels and up floors until reaching ground level/outside.  Skim past people, and presumably use the hardsuit's lights.  This thing has lights, right?  If not, ghost glowworms or something.  Ghosts solve all problems!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3808 on: June 16, 2021, 05:50:01 pm »

Turn is basically written. Waiting on SAM for...reasons.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: June 16, 2021, 05:57:29 pm »

"Found the damn nerds Wonbert, I'm going to keep them busy till you and your 5 tons of power armor ghostiness get here."

SAM will jump into the pile of nerds and grab as many as she can with hands and tentacles alike to act as meat shields against the armed men, objects to yet and use as bludgeons and last but not least crunchy health packs if things get dice while she sorts through them to find the one nerd they're looking for. Making sure to not eat him.

Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 334