Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482901 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #3750 on: May 27, 2021, 04:11:35 am »

"Sure, though I'll try to see if we can't find anything more... appropriate for you than a rusted hunk to traumatize children with."
"What's so inappropriate about something that scares kids, and what if I want to be a thing that scares kids like an alligator with a banjo or something?"
"Well, I figured you'd want something more sturdy and capable, but if that's good enough for you, fine by me!"
"I figured if it was made for a place with kids I'd assume it'd be sturdy due to having the little shits crawling all over it."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: May 27, 2021, 08:13:42 am »

Hey Will, Yagyu here. We're almost done here at the airport, no smoking guns yet but we got some intel and a new lead or two to follow up on. Probably gonna look for a new body for Burt first though.

How are things on your end, any sign of our nerd yet? Let us know if you need anything, we could swing by on our way to the next destination.

We're making some progress.  We found a way into the sewers, linked to the tunnels under the hospital, which I'm pretty sure is the nerve center of the Smiles' operation.  The dick monster's inside right now, trying to get a link into the network for me.  I had to stay out to guard the silverfish, and because my hardsuit's too thick.

We don't have too much use for anything right now, unless Pathos wakes up and wants to share his daemons or whatever.  Pretty sure we'll want help with the actual extraction, once I figure out where the nerd is.  You should prolly start thinking about what we'll do after this, I'll keep you updated as things happen.

((Since I've not been checking daily, you can assume Wilfred sends you updates after any major events that you'd want to comment on.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3752 on: May 27, 2021, 02:54:58 pm »

"Ehhh, I'm leery of overusing the ghosts.  They can be pretty flashy and explosive, know what I mean?  A ghost kaiju would be fun, but not too stealthy.  Still though, I'll see if I can't send you some help."

Try to summon a human ghost.  Someone who lived here before and would know the tunnels.  Send them to help SAM, guiding and protecting... it.  Failing that, a swarm of hungry ghost rats set to protect SAM would be nice.

Otherwise, sit and guard the silverfish.  Maybe try to hack another camera drone to replace the one I lost.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
[2][5]
Wilfred can't manage to hack a drone- which is odd, he should be good at that- but he does manage to summon up a perfectly usable ghost. It appears mostly human, though it has some kind of fog light for a head. It walks off through the concrete towards SAM.

"I'm in, keep an eye out there Wilfrederickus the III while I try to find a wire. Can you use your ghostiness to help me out in any way? Maybe warg into a rat or something?"

SAM shifts one STR point to DEX for extra sneakiness, then quietly sticks to the shadows while attempting to find someone that's all nice and alone, hopefully even unarmed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[4]
The fog light ghost meets up with Sam and together the two of them explore the tunnels, looking for someone to...talk to. A lone person is, eventually, spotted walking through one of the more traveled tunnels. SAM silently slithers up behind him while the fog light ghost walks out of a wall in front of him. Distracted and freaked out, he becomes easy prey and SAM pounces on him, dragging him down a few tunnels to a more quiet and out of the way space.

Somebody with occult knowledge and or sensors want to examine the mushroom?

If it seems safe, I’ll collect it in the most practical way possible.

-EDIT- also look up the address I found again

Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
"I highly suggest you put that thing into a containment pod.

Also, I think we have gotten everything we can out of this place, so after we get that mushroom, pack your stuff and get ready to move on."

Upload the info and recordings of our mystery man to command, see if they can figure out who that is.

Give the funky mushroom a scan with the enviro scanner. Also use the biorhythm tracker on it, maybe it'll tell how spread out it is.
Then, if needed, help teammates with cutting it out, either with pulse laser on low setting or with cutting torch, whatever is easiest.

Do a mental check, does it seem like there is more info/clues/loot we could get out of this place by any chance? Also ask our guide what he thinks.

Finally, do a check myself to see if we can't pinpoint a place that would have used brobots (industrial or otherwise). Also things like hospitals might be interesting (eg. nurse bots that help move around patients and do menial work)? NEVER MIND ALL THAT WE STEAMBOAT WILLIE NOW TOOT TOOT.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
"I don't know about you, but I found that surprisingly eye-opening. I thought the man was an executive rather than a test subject. Seems like the lottery plan wouldn't have worked even if time travel was possible."

Baldwin looks at the yellow slides of alleged brain slices and sighs

"I used to believe in things like being one with nature, but I abandoned that once I was offered a job that wasn't shit. There are more important in things in life than enlightenment."

He takes a puff from his pipe

"Looks like these dudes may not have gotten the memo."

Baldwin goes to the airport hangar where Ji is. His face perks up at the sight of the mushroom.

"Now that there is fine specimen. I used to farm some mushrooms myself back in the college years."

Baldwin takes out his watch and begins scanning the mushroom, then the airplane wing, before scribbling a wavy line on the wing. Then he begins sawing along the line with his small knife.

"You're okay with me doing this, right? The thing's literally made of gold so I'm sure it will sell for a good price, though I don't think it will be worth much outside of the zone. I hear the higher ups at omni already have metal eating mushrooms."

As Baldwin continues his harvesting work, a nostalgic look appears on his face. The smile here is softer and more genuine than the confident one he usually shows.

"Now the thing is, you gotta treat it like a golden goose. Chop off its head and you only get one mushroom. Treat the whole organism with care and love and you'll get a crop that will sustain you for years to come. You gotta make sure you bring its roots with you which is why I'm performing the tedious task of sawing through an aluminum airplane wing. The mycellium could be growing anywhere."

Baldwin doesn't say anything else and continues his task silently. Eventually, Baldwin pauses and takes a deep breath.

"Actually, can someone help me with this?"

Take out my anomaly watch and start scanning the mushroom, then scan the airplane wing for the underlying mycelium underneath. Play a game of hot and cold with the watch until I get a general feel for how far the mycelium has spread and draw an outline that roughly correlates to where the mycelium is. If there are no readings being given off, just cut off the airplane wing entirely.

Start sawing along the outline with my occult knife like I was cutting an image out of a piece of paper. I'm bound to get a few exploding dice at some point. Even without help, I'll eventually be able to get this done.

EDIT: Added watch stuff. Trying to see if I can get a more precise reading of where the mycelium is.

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)

Recordings and info uploaded.

The mushroom isn't alive according to the biorhythm tracker. But the scanner is picking up odd reactions inside it. High energy, but very small. [4] It seems like the mushroom isn't a living thing so much as its some sort of slow process that converts one metal into the golden metal the "mushroom" is made of. That metal is, rather surprisingly, actually gold by the way. Not pure gold, a mix of gold, silver, aluminum, and other trace elements in an alloy that should actually be impossible or at least very unstable. Its radioactive, undergoing beta decay, though its activity seems fairly low. Ji, Baldwin, and Yagyu work together to snip the metal away and secure the mushroom- complete with chunk of aircraft aluminum to "Feed" on- in a containment pod.

This place seems pretty much explored. Any new insights into the information from this place would come in combination with other info or with more thinking, rather than more exploration of this place.

"When we're done here can we go rob this pizza place I found so I can get a new body?"
Use the internet to find out what Mr. Frog's Pizza Steamboat is and what kind of robot like things were in it.
I'm with Zultan. Let's go rob an abandoned pizza place for it's animatronic automatons.

Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)
The restaurant is near the intersection of Plymouth and Green, just to the west of the 23. (Map marker added). The guide suggests either back tracking and taking the 23 north to it, or -if you want to be REALLY careful- Take Prospect road to Plymouth and work back from there.  Either works, though prospect road is much more rural and out of the way so should be completely deserted.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: May 27, 2021, 03:05:16 pm »

"Ssssssshhhhhh....hold him down ghostbro."

SAM will use her Organosculpting system to attack the goon's spinal cord and shut off everything below the neck, of course, she'll still try to leave the nerves responsible for pain and touchy-feely stuff working in case she needs to get aggressively persuative.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: May 27, 2021, 03:12:21 pm »

Plug the address I found into the net.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 09:08:49 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: May 27, 2021, 03:42:35 pm »

"Sorry friend. You're storing the mushroom in my containment pod so it needs to stay with me for safekeeping. You can have the profits once we sell this thing."

Store the mushroom with my stuff in the EPC and prepare to move on.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 03:49:07 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Is it a war crime if you do it accidently?
« Reply #3756 on: May 27, 2021, 08:29:06 pm »

"How's it going in there, dicky?  Find anything to hook up to, yet?"

Look over the Silverfish a bit while waiting.  Is it manual operation only, or could Wilfred hook it up to his suit somehow and fly it while he's cargo?  Or remotely?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: May 28, 2021, 01:55:29 am »

"Lets use Prospect road to get to that pizza place."
Look up things on the internet and see if there are any interesting prospects between us and the pizza place on this Prospect road.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: May 28, 2021, 04:46:43 pm »

"So, we done here boss? Is it pizza time?"

Unless anyone objects, wait until all stragglers are on board and head for the pizza joint. Take Prospect Road to avoid any shenanigans

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: May 29, 2021, 06:02:30 am »

"Pizza time it is!"

Iiiiiiit's pizza time!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3760 on: May 31, 2021, 05:46:54 pm »

"Ssssssshhhhhh....hold him down ghostbro."

SAM will use her Organosculpting system to attack the goon's spinal cord and shut off everything below the neck, of course, she'll still try to leave the nerves responsible for pain and touchy-feely stuff working in case she needs to get aggressively persuative.

[3]
The organosculpting system sputters when SAM points it at the man so she does the next best thing: she punches him square in the nose. Its effectively paralyzing, though probably more distracting than the elegant and crippling solution. He sure does bleed a lot from that nose.

"How's it going in there, dicky?  Find anything to hook up to, yet?"

Look over the Silverfish a bit while waiting.  Is it manual operation only, or could Wilfred hook it up to his suit somehow and fly it while he's cargo?  Or remotely?

Wilfred pokes the Silverfish and looks it over. He think...with a cable or a wireless connection, he could probably fly it from inside his suit. The only issue would be connecting it up correctly and setting up some kind of controls for the suit: he'd have to use the suit's movement sensors for it most likely.

"Pizza time it is!"

Iiiiiiit's pizza time!

"So, we done here boss? Is it pizza time?"

Unless anyone objects, wait until all stragglers are on board and head for the pizza joint. Take Prospect Road to avoid any shenanigans

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)
"Lets use Prospect road to get to that pizza place."
Look up things on the internet and see if there are any interesting prospects between us and the pizza place on this Prospect road.
"Sorry friend. You're storing the mushroom in my containment pod so it needs to stay with me for safekeeping. You can have the profits once we sell this thing."

Store the mushroom with my stuff in the EPC and prepare to move on.

Both the internet and the team's eyes tell them that this is basically fuck all of interest out here on prospect road. Its a good several hundred feet between homes even on this fairly large road and each home is smack dab in the middle of what looks like horribly overgrown farmland. The road continues in this rather uninteresting way for quite a while until it curves around towards the west and their destination. Even back in the city there's little to see on these far outskirts. The strip mall the restaurant is in is completely deserted and barely lit by the first rays of sunrise. The entire place looks long neglected; old signs for used books, nail salons, sandwich shops, vitamin shops, computer repair, and more have sunrotted and partially crumbled, along with the stucco. The restaurant, just another in the line of shops, looks particularly upsetting with its half crumbled mascot logo leaking dark rust out of its cartoon frog eyes and mouth. 

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: May 31, 2021, 05:59:29 pm »

SAM quickly plunges her hand over the goon's mouth before he can scream for help or a sack of ice for his broken nose.

"So here is what will happen, you'll tell me where your servers rooms, internet cables, wires, and wifi routers are and in return, I won't re-enact every SAW movie death on you at the same time."

SAM will slowly remove her hand once she gets confirmation from Goonius the IV that he'll be nice, being ready to immediately cover his mouth again if it looks like he'll attempt to scream. If the goon doesn't look like he'll cooperate or tries to scream, SAM will chew his forbidden hand sausages until he decides to be reasonable about this whole thing.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Clouds like raw meat
« Reply #3762 on: May 31, 2021, 06:14:10 pm »

Mount Upsetting Frog LogoTM to EdPC.

Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: June 01, 2021, 02:01:54 am »

"I'm excited about this place to bad I can't actually go inside, while we're here we might want to check out that computer repair place and that book store might be interesting as well."
See if I can't find out any thing on the internet about any of the other nearby businesses.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: June 01, 2021, 03:09:35 am »

Welp, get inside and start looking for a suitable replacement body for dear ol' Burty Burt.

Should one be found, see what kind of modifications would be needed to make it useable for Burt. Then check if we have everything needed, if not look around/online for where we could find what we need.

Note, I'm willing to burn a toolkit charge to get it done. Second note, we could swing by the military base of the bazaar to get the parts or tools we need as well if needed.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 04:49:10 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 334