Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482928 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #3735 on: May 23, 2021, 08:39:53 pm »

Keep doing what I was planning on doing. Nothing's changed. I'm attacking the ghost (once all other options have failed) because my knife is literally magic and may be the only thing that works (it probably won't work anyway). I'd like to check the hospital records for the injuries I inflicted. We'll get a name and face that way.

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3736 on: May 24, 2021, 05:35:58 pm »

"Well I think this is my cue, just keep watch so no one throws a grenade at this thing while inside it. Or maybe try using your ghost powers to lose 50 pounds or something,"

Slither and sneak through the tunnel and into the unknown

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Hey, hey!  You can't go in alone!  I need to get a physical connection to the hospital.  Here, take this."

Wilfred will give SAM his hacked corpo observation drone.  Considering it normally transmits a video feed outside of the entire zone, I expect Wilfred will be able to connect to it from outside the tunnels.

Otherwise, rip a hole in the grating if necessary for SAM/the drone to fit inside, then guard the entrance for a bit while they head in.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
"Oh yeah, nice catch!"

SAM squeezes through the bars and into the sewers, carrying the drone with her. The sewers are -Luckily-  only filled with rain water and similar runoff at this point; since the plumbing long ago failed. Sam follows along after the rat ghost, traversing twisting tunnels and drain pipes until finally being lead to a vertical shaft. The shaft, which is only about a foot in diameter, leads up from the roof of a tunnel and to a small drain maybe 10 or 15 above.
[3]
SAM elongates and stretches herself, squirming up the shaft  with the drone clutched between the toes of her left foot. She carefully lifts the grate and sets it gently to the side before slipping an eye out and looking around.  These are definitely the hospital tunnels. Unlike the sewers, which were long abandoned, there's a distinct smell of people here. The one she's come up inside is dark, half filled with crates and boxes, and relatively quiet. Storage.  She pulls herself up into the room and slides the grate back into place.
[4]
She smiles a bit too wide. She's not sure where the wire would be, but she knows a way to find out. After all, there are people here...

You said there were private hangars here, right? Try to find some private planes/hangars, or barring that, a passenger luggage/lost and found area and search for valuables that might have been left in any of those areas.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
The private hangers, there are three, contain two small airplanes, along with some pretty nice tool chests and tools. Or at least they were probably pretty nice, they're badly rusted now. The craft aren't in much better shape. There doesn't seem to be much around worth the effort of carrying it back. [6] Except of course, for something odd sitting on the wing of one of the planes. It looks like a golden mushroom, but is growing straight out of the metal of the plane itself, partially dissolving it in the process. The mushroom itself glitters quite brightly and appears like it might be made out of metal itself.

Any buildings or areas of interest we didn't check yet? If yes check them.

If not wait for the next anomalous event inside the plane (assuming Yagyu fits with this body). Try to get close to our mystery person of interest and record his conversations and try to learn who he is, or at least some identifying info.

Let teammates test tings out as they please, but do try to stop them from attacking any ghosts though if Yagyu spots it in time. 

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Keep doing what I was planning on doing. Nothing's changed. I'm attacking the ghost (once all other options have failed) because my knife is literally magic and may be the only thing that works (it probably won't work anyway). I'd like to check the hospital records for the injuries I inflicted. We'll get a name and face that way.

((Don't wanna rain on anyone's parade, but remember we don't know what Bob saw or what happened to him, and he's not the kind of character where we could just assume he'd share his info with the team automatically.))

Ok. Let me repharase everything in a way that isn't meta.

"Seeing that it seems like living animals can enter the anomaly without dying, lets now try an experiment to see if it's possible to actually change the past. I volunteer myself for the position.

I assume this flight has an entry in the log. Probably the most recent one. Can someone check it for me? There were probably some people on the plane. I wonder if we could try talking to them? We won't know the answers until we try"

Step 1: Feed the rat to Bob.

Step 2: Check the flight log for the most recent date. Look up the winning lottery numbers for the jackpot for that date. Write it down a in massive font on a sheet of paper (stored in my idea tube).

Step 3: Wait inside the airplane for the next time warp. Look around and try to see if there are any people on this plane. If there are, look for the person who seems the most responsive.

Step 4: Ask them if they believe time travel is possible. Then tell them the winning lottery numbers and show him the paper. Do my best to persuade them to try for the jackpot. When I come back, check if the lottery winner has changed. If this works, we should have a new name and a face.

Plan B: If they are completely unresponsive, slash that person with my occult knife (try to maim their hands ie. sever some fingers). If that fails, carve the lottery numbers onto a seat cushion right in front of him.

Allow Bobself to be herded off to the next location.

Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)
"Well when it comes to getting me a new body I found that there are places in Ann Arbor with robots but I can't find any addresses, when I failed to be able to get the addressees I started looking at something else and I found an animatronic band in place called Mr. Frog's Pizza Steamboat and while I did manage to find an address for it, but it appears to be far off to the north past those smiles people's shit.
Sit quietly in the truck, since there isn't anything else for me to do.
The rest of the team hangs out in the EdPC while Baldwin and Yagyu sit in the plane and wait for the next event.  Things progress the same as before, repeating exactly according to what the video recording showed. As soon as things have begun, Baldwin starts testing.

Step 3: Baldwin moves around the cabin, trying to get the attention of the phantoms. None of them react to him whatsoever. Many are completely unreactive or unmoving in general, like fuzzy mannequins. Even the headless, animated man in the back is completely unresponsive to him.

Step 4:  Talking to them about lottery tickets and time travel does not seem to sway them from their stony non-responsiveness.

Baldwin, apparently annoyed, whips out his knife and is about the cut into the nearest phantom when Yagyu intervenes.

"Perhaps breaking the illusion while we are several hundred feet in the air would be ill advised."

Yagyu squeezes through the aisle and over to the mystery man. He listens to the conversations and records them at the same time.  Many of the conversations, even the one the man seems close to, are still garbled for the most part. However, there are some things that can be made out. First, the man's name is "George", no last name given. He's not a normal employee of the institute, he's being brought here from somewhere else for "The Project". There's feeling of confusion and anxiety seeping out of him; not fear, just nervousness. Its an effect that no one else seems to manifest. According to the people around him, which he refers to as "Doctor", he's going to be the last "Piece of the Puzzle." There's reference to George's "Unique physiological and mental state" and, oddly, his "Imaginative capacity." He doesn't fit any of the profiles of the scientists, but one of the men he's talking to does. Jeremy Penrose, an institute neurosurgeon, is the man sitting ahead and to the right of George. One of the men listed in the files as possible survivors and people to track down.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3737 on: May 24, 2021, 05:44:13 pm »

"I'm in, keep an eye out there Wilfrederickus the III while I try to find a wire. Can you use your ghostiness to help me out in any way? Maybe warg into a rat or something?"

SAM shifts one STR point to DEX for extra sneakiness, then quietly sticks to the shadows while attempting to find someone that's all nice and alone, hopefully even unarmed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: May 24, 2021, 08:32:46 pm »

"I don't know about you, but I found that surprisingly eye-opening. I thought the man was an executive rather than a test subject. Seems like the lottery plan wouldn't have worked even if time travel was possible."

Baldwin looks at the yellow slides of alleged brain slices and sighs

"I used to believe in things like being one with nature, but I abandoned that once I was offered a job that wasn't shit. There are more important in things in life than enlightenment."

He takes a puff from his pipe

"Looks like these dudes may not have gotten the memo."

Baldwin goes to the airport hangar where Ji is. His face perks up at the sight of the mushroom.

"Now that there is fine specimen. I used to farm some mushrooms myself back in the college years."

Baldwin takes out his watch and begins scanning the mushroom, then the airplane wing, before scribbling a wavy line on the wing. Then he begins sawing along the line with his small knife.

"You're okay with me doing this, right? The thing's literally made of gold so I'm sure it will sell for a good price, though I don't think it will be worth much outside of the zone. I hear the higher ups at omni already have metal eating mushrooms."

As Baldwin continues his harvesting work, a nostalgic look appears on his face. The smile here is softer and more genuine than the confident one he usually shows.

"Now the thing is, you gotta treat it like a golden goose. Chop off its head and you only get one mushroom. Treat the whole organism with care and love and you'll get a crop that will sustain you for years to come. You gotta make sure you bring its roots with you which is why I'm performing the tedious task of sawing through an aluminum airplane wing. The mycellium could be growing anywhere."

Baldwin doesn't say anything else and continues his task silently. Eventually, Baldwin pauses and takes a deep breath.

"Actually, can someone help me with this?"

Take out my anomaly watch and start scanning the mushroom, then scan the airplane wing for the underlying mycelium underneath. Play a game of hot and cold with the watch until I get a general feel for how far the mycelium has spread and draw an outline that roughly correlates to where the mycelium is. If there are no readings being given off, just cut off the airplane wing entirely.

Start sawing along the outline with my occult knife like I was cutting an image out of a piece of paper. I'm bound to get a few exploding dice at some point. Even without help, I'll eventually be able to get this done.

EDIT: Added watch stuff. Trying to see if I can get a more precise reading of where the mycelium is.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 01:14:28 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: May 24, 2021, 09:54:40 pm »

Somebody with occult knowledge and or sensors want to examine the mushroom?

If it seems safe, I’ll collect it in the most practical way possible.

-EDIT- also look up the address I found again

Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 04:46:47 am by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: May 24, 2021, 09:57:12 pm »

Somebody with occult knowledge and or sensors want to examine the mushroom?

If it seems safe, I’ll collect it in the most practical way possible.

Look at the post above you. Although, you have given me an idea...

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: May 25, 2021, 02:41:25 am »

"When we're done here can we go rob this pizza place I found so I can get a new body?"
Use the internet to find out what Mr. Frog's Pizza Steamboat is and what kind of robot like things were in it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Clouds like raw meat
« Reply #3742 on: May 25, 2021, 02:57:10 am »

I'm with Zultan. Let's go rob an abandoned pizza place for it's animatronic automatons.

Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: May 25, 2021, 04:45:50 am »

((I saw your post. The way I worded it made it seem like I was ignoring you, but I assumed PW would collapse our actions together anyways))
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: May 25, 2021, 09:00:50 am »

"I highly suggest you put that thing into a containment pod.

Also, I think we have gotten everything we can out of this place, so after we get that mushroom, pack your stuff and get ready to move on."

Upload the info and recordings of our mystery man to command, see if they can figure out who that is.

Give the funky mushroom a scan with the enviro scanner. Also use the biorhythm tracker on it, maybe it'll tell how spread out it is.
Then, if needed, help teammates with cutting it out, either with pulse laser on low setting or with cutting torch, whatever is easiest.

Do a mental check, does it seem like there is more info/clues/loot we could get out of this place by any chance? Also ask our guide what he thinks.

Finally, do a check myself to see if we can't pinpoint a place that would have used brobots (industrial or otherwise). Also things like hospitals might be interesting (eg. nurse bots that help move around patients and do menial work)? NEVER MIND ALL THAT WE STEAMBOAT WILLIE NOW TOOT TOOT.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 08:46:25 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: May 25, 2021, 09:05:32 am »

”Don’t worry Yagyu, I was gonna do that eventually. We gotta take these things one step at a time.”

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Is it a war crime if you do it accidently?
« Reply #3746 on: May 25, 2021, 09:19:31 am »

"Ehhh, I'm leery of overusing the ghosts.  They can be pretty flashy and explosive, know what I mean?  A ghost kaiju would be fun, but not too stealthy.  Still though, I'll see if I can't send you some help."

Try to summon a human ghost.  Someone who lived here before and would know the tunnels.  Send them to help SAM, guiding and protecting... it.  Failing that, a swarm of hungry ghost rats set to protect SAM would be nice.

Otherwise, sit and guard the silverfish.  Maybe try to hack another camera drone to replace the one I lost.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: May 25, 2021, 01:00:02 pm »

"When we're done here can we go rob this pizza place I found so I can get a new body?"

"Sure, though I'll try to see if we can't find anything more... appropriate for you than a rusted hunk to traumatize children with."

Yagyu then shoots a message to Will while his teammates are harassing the mushroom:

Hey Will, Yagyu here. We're almost done here at the airport, no smoking guns yet but we got some intel and a new lead or two to follow up on. Probably gonna look for a new body for Burt first though.

How are things on your end, any sign of our nerd yet? Let us know if you need anything, we could swing by on our way to the next destination.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: May 26, 2021, 03:35:32 am »

"Sure, though I'll try to see if we can't find anything more... appropriate for you than a rusted hunk to traumatize children with."
"What's so inappropriate about something that scares kids, and what if I want to be a thing that scares kids like an alligator with a banjo or something?"
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: May 26, 2021, 08:45:47 am »

"What's so inappropriate about something that scares kids, and what if I want to be a thing that scares kids like an alligator with a banjo or something?"
"Well, I figured you'd want something more sturdy and capable, but if that's good enough for you, fine by me!"

Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 334