Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482556 times)

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Clouds like raw meat
« Reply #3540 on: March 31, 2021, 09:53:56 pm »

SAM looks at the man, she looks at what he's trying to do, she notices the sharp whistling from above. Sigh. Well, she honestly tried to be friendly...well she sorta tried but not really. SAM gets up, dusts her goo off and gets ready to leave."I see I'm not welcome here, oh well...didyouknowtheoddsofanavaragepersonbeingcrushedbyagiantobjectare35.12%?crazyrightseeyai'mofftoeatyourfriendsmaybe" she quickly speaks as she bolts through the door.

SAM will get out the bar, run behind the EdPC and watch as the glider delivers justice upon the rude bartender.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: April 01, 2021, 05:42:31 am »

"Damn it."
Look at the map again and see if I can't find any other businesses that might be interesting to loot.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: April 01, 2021, 01:59:32 pm »

Warn the patrons inside the bar about the doomball so they can evacuate. Even if it doesn't seem on a direct collision course, it's a good cover for should that drone crash into the bar (assuming EdPC informs us of what's about to happen).

Try to see where the doomball is heading and make sure to get out of the way. Or, if it seems to be tracking someone/something, determine what it is. Either way stay out of its path.

If nobody else manages to stop the cargo drone, use the pulse laser to shoot it down (try to hit the drone and not the cargo though).

Tell the guide I'll take a moment to discuss with my teammates before deciding.

Over private tam comms:

We can hire this man here to act as our guide, but in return he wants a cut out of whatever we earn selling artifacts or info. I think it's definitely worth it, what do you guys think?

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: April 01, 2021, 02:44:45 pm »

Quote from: Message from EdPC to entire team
Good news: We have a corporate cargo container incoming near the bar. Should be filled with goodies
Bad news: It's currently on a course to land right on top of the bar. I'm going to try and readjust it to crash somewhere further away, but I'm not sure there's time for a course correction.

Try to make a last second course correction on the drone so that the container crashes somewhere that doesn't currently have a bunch of people. Like the middle of the road or a patch of grass.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: April 01, 2021, 05:42:59 pm »

”Perfect! I propose we head there with swiftness - I sense that my fellow OMNICORP employees are not long from engaging in our uniquely destructive brand of competence, so we’d best be out of the potential blast radius.”

To the Bizzare! Avoid the gravity ball and the unintentional cargo bomb as best we can. If we manage to get there without running afoul of something or other, scan for more receptive people. There’s power in numbers, after all!

Spoiler: EEEDD (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Congregation of ED (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: STANpool (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things done (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: April 01, 2021, 07:59:09 pm »

"We should probably de-ass the area. Skedaddle.  GTFO. Make like a tree and leave."
Get back to the EdPC.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 08:02:51 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Clouds Like Raw Meat
« Reply #3546 on: April 01, 2021, 11:11:21 pm »

Evacuate the bar just in case.

Spoiler: Janet Janet (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: April 01, 2021, 11:59:33 pm »

Ask the bartender if I can have a free drink in return Al offers to do all the dishes.
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Is it a war crime if you do it accidently?
« Reply #3548 on: April 03, 2021, 12:43:30 am »

I'd imagine this hardsuit can read and transmit radio signals?  If it'd be a tech roll, try to eavesdrop on their communications, see if anything interesting can be discovered.  Otherwise, start heading back to the rest of the team.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3549 on: April 05, 2021, 05:05:34 pm »

"Damn it."
Look at the map again and see if I can't find any other businesses that might be interesting to loot.
Burt scratches his head and looks at the map. Hmmm. Well there's a dentistry place up the road a bit. It might have drugs...very expired drugs but drugs.

I'd imagine this hardsuit can read and transmit radio signals?  If it'd be a tech roll, try to eavesdrop on their communications, see if anything interesting can be discovered.  Otherwise, start heading back to the rest of the team.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
[3]
Wilfred listens into the conversations happening over the radio. Or rather he tries to. Either they're scanning across multiple channels as some sort of scrambling attempt or something is messing with his receiver. He only catches snippets of the conversation as the signal wavers about. Something about the Smiles moving West.

Ask the bartender if I can have a free drink in return Al offers to do all the dishes.
The bartender ignores [404: SHEET MISSING] and runs outside.  The mystery man uses this opportunity to carefully reach behind the bar and grab a bottle before nonchalantly wandering out the back.

”Perfect! I propose we head there with swiftness - I sense that my fellow OMNICORP employees are not long from engaging in our uniquely destructive brand of competence, so we’d best be out of the potential blast radius.”

To the Bizzare! Avoid the gravity ball and the unintentional cargo bomb as best we can. If we manage to get there without running afoul of something or other, scan for more receptive people. There’s power in numbers, after all!

Spoiler: EEEDD (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Congregation of ED (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: STANpool (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things done (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
"RELIGION HOOOOO!"

EEEDD and CharliED both charge off into the forest to the north, heading for the Bizarre. They don't even take the road or any path, they just sprint straight through the trees. They come out a few moments later in the overgrown field that was once the golf course. They do not get any further this turn. That Glider is moving fast, after all.

Bored. Hitchhike east.

Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)
Anya looks at the Anomaly Sensor pointing east, then up at the Doomsphere heading roughly towards the bar
"Hmm, I think I figured out what it's pointing at."
given the Doomsphere is moving along the road, Anya will pocket the detector and head over to the golf course out back
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
Anya, with Bob riding piggy back and grumbling happily, sprints off behind the bar and out into the golf course. They make it a good 100 or so feet into the overgrown field before Bob squirms out of her grasp and makes a mad dash into an algae coated water hazard.  Anya dives into a sandpit, just in case.

SAM looks at the man, she looks at what he's trying to do, she notices the sharp whistling from above. Sigh. Well, she honestly tried to be friendly...well she sorta tried but not really. SAM gets up, dusts her goo off and gets ready to leave."I see I'm not welcome here, oh well...didyouknowtheoddsofanavaragepersonbeingcrushedbyagiantobjectare35.12%?crazyrightseeyai'mofftoeatyourfriendsmaybe" she quickly speaks as she bolts through the door.

SAM will get out the bar, run behind the EdPC and watch as the glider delivers justice upon the rude bartender.
"We should probably de-ass the area. Skedaddle.  GTFO. Make like a tree and leave."
Get back to the EdPC.

Sam and Edward run back and into the APC, hunkering down just in case the sky should fall and/or people should suddenly become very angry for reasons completely beyond their control.

Quote from: Message from EdPC to entire team
Good news: We have a corporate cargo container incoming near the bar. Should be filled with goodies
Bad news: It's currently on a course to land right on top of the bar. I'm going to try and readjust it to crash somewhere further away, but I'm not sure there's time for a course correction.

Try to make a last second course correction on the drone so that the container crashes somewhere that doesn't currently have a bunch of people. Like the middle of the road or a patch of grass.

Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)

Warn the patrons inside the bar about the doomball so they can evacuate. Even if it doesn't seem on a direct collision course, it's a good cover for should that drone crash into the bar (assuming EdPC informs us of what's about to happen).

Try to see where the doomball is heading and make sure to get out of the way. Or, if it seems to be tracking someone/something, determine what it is. Either way stay out of its path.

If nobody else manages to stop the cargo drone, use the pulse laser to shoot it down (try to hit the drone and not the cargo though).

Tell the guide I'll take a moment to discuss with my teammates before deciding.

Over private tam comms:

We can hire this man here to act as our guide, but in return he wants a cut out of whatever we earn selling artifacts or info. I think it's definitely worth it, what do you guys think?

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Evacuate the bar just in case.

Spoiler: Janet Janet (click to show/hide)
[6]

Even before Yagyu's announcement many patrons of the bar are spilling out, Doomsensors pointed towards the slowly advancing ball of light. After his announcement everyone in the bar is outside, either standing on the porch and watching or already moving quickly to the side. The ball makes it about halfway to the bar, diverting maybe two or three feet off the street and into an overgrown front yard as it approaches. It catches the limbs of a fallen tree and flings them off at an angle, through  the wall of another building with a crunch and burst of plaster dust.  This gets people moving and the prospectors scatter to find cover behind trees or cars.

And then the glider arrives. Its moving at subsonic speeds, though only just barely, and by the time it passes over the bar its already breaking apart as the scuttling explosives slice its metal skeleton into neat sections. The strange white biofabric of the single massive wing is going up like flash powder. The detonating comet of metal frame and fire streaks overhead and off into the distance, coming down somewhere far to the east in a smear of flame. The cargo container dropped long before the glider was overhead, riding the momentum on a long arc towards its final destination.

About a half mile away Burt looks up from his map and watches as the glider burns up. His attention is ripped away from the burning mass as something smashes down heavily onto one of the houses in a Cul-De-Sac down the road to the south.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Special Delivery
« Reply #3550 on: April 05, 2021, 05:49:11 pm »

Head over to where the cargo should be based on the trajectory of decent. If I get there, look around to see who else might be interested.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3551 on: April 05, 2021, 05:50:32 pm »

"If there's nothing else you want to do, I suggest we head towards the Bizarre."

Scan the area with my drones, search for where the cargo landed. If found, relay location to team.
See if there are any people willing to pay us in exchange for a ride out of the anomaly's way and to the Bizarre.
If we can make money as an armored taxi, why not?
Make sure our ride is out of the way of the anomaly. Preferably move it towards the fallen container so that those looting can get back in quickly. If that's not possible, then move it towards the Bizarre instead.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 01:32:14 pm by Parisbre56 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: April 06, 2021, 05:55:02 am »

"What the hell was that."
Get my shotgun ready and carefully approach the house at the Cul-De-Sac and see what hit it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: April 06, 2021, 06:44:22 am »

Quote from: Message from EdPC to team
Good news everyone, I managed to make a last second course correction so that the container wouldn't fall on top of the bar.
Our UltraPrime package has arrived, courtesy of Oshimada Heavy Industries.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: April 06, 2021, 06:53:00 am »

Ah drat, no one died, oh well go check out the cargo.

Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 334