Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482503 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Is it a war crime if you do it accidently?
« Reply #3525 on: March 26, 2021, 10:56:24 pm »

Quote from: Piecewise
Shots appear to be served in spent shell cartridges instead of shot glasses.

((The lead poisoning adds flavor!))

Actually, know what?  Stay near the high school but at a safe distance, and see if there's anything that can be hacked into.  Wilfred still has 1d12 tech, so might as well use it.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: The Shocker
« Reply #3526 on: March 27, 2021, 12:42:19 am »

"Ey Janet come over, I have an offer for you: if you barter for one of those wristwatch things I'll foot the bill."
saying this, she proudly displays her box of socks like it was briefcase full of money.
"Trust me, socks are a necessity if you have to wear boots all day, and given the acid rain, they definitely do."
Give Janet the sicks if you agrees to go along with my brilliant plan. Otherwise just hang around, keeping an eye on the flesh horror and a hand on my gun
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Clouds like raw meat
« Reply #3527 on: March 27, 2021, 01:24:38 am »

Run by a guy named Whillis,
What? You talking about Whillis?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Eat the yeeted fishball and then look menacingly at the patrons, while using my tentacle to steal food from whatever plate is nearby.

Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: March 27, 2021, 05:52:50 am »

"Nice I just found someone's rainy day fund."
Keep going down the street and see if I can't find a gas station or some other business to look through.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: March 27, 2021, 08:55:45 am »

"You call that an alcoholic beverage? It was weaker than I am!"

See if I can tune into the radio on my computing cube. The two stations that are playing in the bar, but also see if I can find any other stations or private communications.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: March 27, 2021, 10:09:04 am »

The EdPC sends a message to Yagyu and Pathos over a private channel

I've got a connection to a Oshimada Heavy Industries autonomous cargo shuttle. A simple thing, basically a big container on a glider someone dropped into the zone. Currently entering the yellow zone, going to the red zone in a couple of minutes.

I might be able to tap into it and use its thrusters to steer it a bit though. Do you want me to try and make it land nearby, or just ignore it?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Clouds Like Raw Meat
« Reply #3531 on: March 27, 2021, 01:43:13 pm »

Barter things  with the case of socks. Trade away!

Spoiler: Janet Janet (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: March 27, 2021, 02:59:34 pm »

Standby for now. Enjoy the company I guess.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: March 27, 2021, 04:16:00 pm »

Having bestowed this young one with his first Sacred Letters - now he's CharliED - ask him about anyone else he knows that'd be receptive to the faith. If there aren't any in the immediate area, simply get whatever info he has on the local area - people or places [that the narrator hasn't already exposited], maybe whether that Sunny Smiles fellow runs his gang in a theologically crazy or simply crazy manner.

Spoiler: EEEDD (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Congregation of ED (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: STANpool (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things done (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: March 27, 2021, 04:45:04 pm »

2. He says he'd be willing, but he'll need more than a bottle for it. He wants not only payment up front but a cut of any profits you make selling artifacts or info.
1) How much are we talking here, and what areas would he be willing to go? And does he have contacts with the major gangs? Also we are here to gather info for our employers, who pays us in omni not megabucks, just so he's aware.

2) If we wanted to get into contact with the smiles so we could arrange for us to have an interview with our person of interest (can you give a name, by the way, for convenience?), how would we go about that in a safe way? Like, any neutral ground we could go to to send out some feelers?

3) Those watches we saw some prospectors wear and use, what are they for, and how do they work? Could we buy one, maybe at the Bizarre?

4) Why would Willow airport be of interest? 

I've got a connection to a Oshimada Heavy Industries autonomous cargo shuttle. A simple thing, basically a big container on a glider someone dropped into the zone. Currently entering the yellow zone, going to the red zone in a couple of minutes.

I might be able to tap into it and use its thrusters to steer it a bit though. Do you want me to try and make it land nearby, or just ignore it?

Reply over private channel:

Hmm, it's not exactly part of our missi- ah, company retreat activities, but then again having some more bartering goods would be really convenient to have. Do you think you could reroute it enough so that it would land somewhere nearby?

5) Also ask the guy if there are any areas nearby that are fairly open and flat but that't not really contested or an area of gang activity (aka a good landing place for that cargo shuttle)

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: March 27, 2021, 07:22:14 pm »

Quote from: Yagyu
Hmm, it's not exactly part of our missi- ah, company retreat activities, but then again having some more bartering goods would be really convenient to have. Do you think you could reroute it enough so that it would land somewhere nearby?

Quote from: EdPC
I can certainly try

Try to hack into the flying cargo container and reroute it to land/touch down/crash in someplace close by. Use the location Yagyu provides if the guy he's talking to gives him the location of a good spot. If not, find a spot myself, somewhere relatively close by and away from buildings/people. 

Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3536 on: March 31, 2021, 07:23:05 pm »

"You have blood inside you, right? And yout buddies have hats too. Just get a razor and get to work."

Yeet the fish ball throgh the window towards Bob. Then continue demanding blood and guts from the bartender

Sam "Yeets" the fishball.

The fishball is entirely imaginary because Yagyu has reasserted his control of the now slightly gooey fish flakes.

The bartender asks Sam to leave him alone. He moves his hand under the bar while saying this.

Spoiler: Scottish Medic (click to show/hide)

Look around and see if anyone is in need of medical attention.
That depends heavily on what kind of medical attention Al is looking for. Sam over there definitely needs medical attention but its to stitch her broken sanity back together instead of anything fleshy. There are a few people around with minor injuries  but they've all been bandaged already by the look of it.

Quote from: Piecewise
Shots appear to be served in spent shell cartridges instead of shot glasses.

((The lead poisoning adds flavor!))

Actually, know what?  Stay near the high school but at a safe distance, and see if there's anything that can be hacked into.  Wilfred still has 1d12 tech, so might as well use it.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
[2]
Wilfred slides back off the road and into some nearby trees before starting his search for open networks.  To his surprise he finds none. The closest he gets is noticing that there are radio transmissions going on. Walkie Talkies most likely.

Run by a guy named Whillis,
What? You talking about Whillis?

Eat the yeeted fishball and then look menacingly at the patrons, while using my tentacle to steal food from whatever plate is nearby.

Bob slithers ponderously between the tables, snapping up scraps, bumping legs, and straight up swiping entire plates of food when people aren't looking. People seem more or less so surprised by the appearance of an alligator that they don't protest the loss of their food. At least not yet.

"Nice I just found someone's rainy day fund."
Keep going down the street and see if I can't find a gas station or some other business to look through.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
Burt checks his map. There is...a grocery store and shopping center to the south of here it looks like. Not exactly a gas station but reasonable.  He walks over that way until he can see it down the road. The place is still there though it was clearly set on fire at one point. The sprawling strip mall is a charred wreck, with bits and pieces still standing like charcoal ribs rising from an immolated corpse.

"You call that an alcoholic beverage? It was weaker than I am!"

See if I can tune into the radio on my computing cube. The two stations that are playing in the bar, but also see if I can find any other stations or private communications.

[2]
If the computing cube can pick up radio stations, Ed can't figure out how to make it do so. He even balances a fork on top of it as an antenna and still nothing.

Standby for now. Enjoy the company I guess.
Ji sleeps standing up.

Barter things  with the case of socks. Trade away!

Spoiler: Janet Janet (click to show/hide)
"Ey Janet come over, I have an offer for you: if you barter for one of those wristwatch things I'll foot the bill."
saying this, she proudly displays her box of socks like it was briefcase full of money.
"Trust me, socks are a necessity if you have to wear boots all day, and given the acid rain, they definitely do."
Give Janet the sicks if you agrees to go along with my brilliant plan. Otherwise just hang around, keeping an eye on the flesh horror and a hand on my gun
[10]
Janet manages to, through a combination of salesmanship, lies, subtle threats, more lies, and lots of hand gestures, trade the entire case of socks for one of the watch things.

The "Watch" is actually a small package of sensors  packed into a simple metal box with a small readout on the front. Playing with the dials on the side can display specific data, but the real interesting thing seems to be the default screen. This screen displays something like a compass face and a bar along the top. When they ask about this the guy selling the watch tells them it points to anomalies and the bar fills up to show their strength. Goes screwy during Leaks though, and will always point at what's closest.

Currently its pointing towards the East and the bar is almost empty, but slowly growing just a bit.

Having bestowed this young one with his first Sacred Letters - now he's CharliED - ask him about anyone else he knows that'd be receptive to the faith. If there aren't any in the immediate area, simply get whatever info he has on the local area - people or places [that the narrator hasn't already exposited], maybe whether that Sunny Smiles fellow runs his gang in a theologically crazy or simply crazy manner.

Spoiler: EEEDD (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Congregation of ED (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: STANpool (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things done (click to show/hide)
CharliED considers for a moment. He says that there are lots of people in the orange zone who would probably be pretty receptive. There are already lots of religious groups out there.  In terms of people nearby...Maybe some of the people at the Bizarre. A lot of down on their luck people hang out there. Especially crippled prospectors who can't go out anymore.

2. He says he'd be willing, but he'll need more than a bottle for it. He wants not only payment up front but a cut of any profits you make selling artifacts or info.
1) How much are we talking here, and what areas would he be willing to go? And does he have contacts with the major gangs? Also we are here to gather info for our employers, who pays us in omni not megabucks, just so he's aware.

2) If we wanted to get into contact with the smiles so we could arrange for us to have an interview with our person of interest (can you give a name, by the way, for convenience?), how would we go about that in a safe way? Like, any neutral ground we could go to to send out some feelers?

3) Those watches we saw some prospectors wear and use, what are they for, and how do they work? Could we buy one, maybe at the Bizarre?

4) Why would Willow airport be of interest? 

Reply over private channel:

5) Also ask the guy if there are any areas nearby that are fairly open and flat but that't not really contested or an area of gang activity (aka a good landing place for that cargo shuttle)

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

1) 5% if you stay in the yellow zone, 10% if you go into the orange. He'll go anywhere that isn't the Red zone, and if you get some gang pissed at you, he isn't fighting your battles for you. He'll take valuables worth his cut if needed. He doesn't have high level contacts with the gangs, but he knows some people who could probably at least get you an audience with someone. Have to work your way up from there.

2)(The scientist in question is named Ernest Bythe Saffron. PHD in mechanical and electrical engineering) He says that Saffron is an important person to the Smiles, and they'll likely guard him jealously. They'd be worried you were there to kidnap, assassinate, collude with, or steal secrets from him. Other gangs would be all to happy to kill the Smile's lead mecha-man and cripple their efforts. The major issues would be first to convince them you're worth the risk, and second to convince them you aren't a risk.  Even if you can present an airtight proposal as to how you could talk to him without danger, they'd likely just say no because, well, why take the risk?  Thus, in his opinion, your actual best way to handle this would be via secrecy. Don't tell the Smiles. Talk to Saffron covertly.

3) You can buy them at the Bizarre, yes. Thats who makes them. They're Anomaly detectors; crude yes but infinitely better than nothing. They'll usually give you somewhat of a head start at least. They become less useful the further in you get since the anomaly density becomes greater.  He's not sure exactly how they work, but they've got lots of sensors packed in them. He postulates they must look at the data from those sensors and translate the variations into their simple direction and magnitude displays.

4) Odd things happening out there. People report seeing a plane land there; like an actual passenger plane. But thats clearly not possible.

5) He jerks his head to the rear of the bar. Apparently there's a golf course back there. Its still mostly clear, at least near the center.

Quote from: Yagyu

Quote from: EdPC
I can certainly try

Try to hack into the flying cargo container and reroute it to land/touch down/crash in someplace close by. Use the location Yagyu provides if the guy he's talking to gives him the location of a good spot. If not, find a spot myself, somewhere relatively close by and away from buildings/people. 

Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)
[1]

The glider was never meant to land; in fact it has charges designed to blow it into pieces after its job is done. Instead it is simply designed to drop its cargo at a designated spot. The EdPC programs in a new spot and sends it on its way. It is only a few moments later, upon thinking about the coordinates further, that the EdPC has realized it made a mistake. Instead of dropping the cargo in the golf course behind the bar, it is now dropping it ON the bar.  It will be here within the minute.

To the east and down the road from the bar something appears. It looks to be a ball of light, maybe the size of a golf ball. It is barely visible from the porch of the bar, just a twinkle about a block away. It is moving about as fast as a jogging man towards the bar. Or rather towards the west, slightly off kilter with the road.  It hovers about 6 feet off the ground and does not shift that height even as it passes over divots and depressions in the overgrown road.  As it moves, it tears at things around it: Bits of gravel, pavement, and underbrush are pulled off the ground and accelerate up towards the ball of light. They sail past it and go hurtling up into the air like they were fired out of a pitching machine. The overhanging tree branches and leaves are yanked down, the branches jerking violently back up as the ball passes, stripped of leaves. The leaves are hurled onto the ground and then immediately sucked back up and sprayed behind the ball like confetti. The ball itself makes no noise, but all the crap being thrown around sure does, especially when it falls back to earth on the roofs and trees nearby.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 08:12:26 pm by piecewise »

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: The Shocker
« Reply #3537 on: March 31, 2021, 08:18:45 pm »

Anya looks at the Anomaly Sensor pointing east, then up at the Doomsphere heading roughly towards the bar
"Hmm, I think I figured out what it's pointing at."
given the Doomsphere is moving along the road, Anya will pocket the detector and head over to the golf course out back

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: March 31, 2021, 08:52:44 pm »

Bored. Hitchhike east.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: March 31, 2021, 09:51:20 pm »

Run out of the bar. Try to shoot the glider down using the Piledriver carbine before it gets to the bar.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 334