Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482468 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Clouds like raw meat
« Reply #3510 on: March 24, 2021, 05:31:28 pm »

Stay outside and keep my eyes and ears open for trouble.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: March 24, 2021, 06:28:42 pm »

"I'll have 2 gallons of dog blood served on a hat mixed with your hardest drugs."

SAM orders her drink, as she scans the area for any dead bodies or drunks who are too buzzed to notice someone eating their fingers
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Go to bar.
"I'll take a pint of the weakest stuff you got."
Order drink. Consume drink.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)

((How are you guys planning on paying for those? Are you just going to put it on your tab and then run?))
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: March 24, 2021, 08:33:00 pm »

((Nutrient paste, handgun bullets, medical supplies, or crafting supplies.)).
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: March 24, 2021, 09:39:42 pm »

EEEDD smiles earnestly at the sight of the lad. Throw a seed far enough and it'll find fertile ground somewhere!

Casually approach the young man once the group starts to scatter a little bit. Don't open up right away with the gospel talk, instead offer to fix some of his ailments with chiropractic technique. Then start discussing the virtues of ED while I'm working on him, barber-chat style.

Internally regret not having invested more into speech before this.

Spoiler: EEEDD (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Congregation of ED (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: STANpool (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things done (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: March 25, 2021, 04:57:00 am »

Look around for someone who looks like they’re experienced, knowledgeable or authoritative (if nobody like that is spotted, check inside the bar).

If someone is found, approach them (keep weapons pointing away at all times) and tell them:

“Good evening, my name is Yagyu and our team is here to investigate the Neo Detroit anomaly to figure out what is going on. For that we’ll need some information, and if you’ll allow me to buy you a drink I have an interesting business proposal for you.”

If they are receptive to it, buy them that drink and inquire about the following things (just ask what their price would be and if they are the correct person for this, if not ask them to point us to the correct person in exchange for that drink, also check if they accept barter or only accept megabucks):

1) Intell regarding the current situation in the zone. Any areas that are hotly contested, any big gangs/notorious names/deadly anomalies he can warn us about? Local customs or social graces we should be aware about?

2) In case there’s too much info for point 1, maybe we could hire a local to act as a guide? Then they can give us info as we go, and maybe act as a friendly/known face when we need to contact. We’d need someone with a good knowledge of the land and who is experienced with navigating its dangers and anomalies, and who is respected (or at least neutral) by the various local groups. They do not need to be capable fighters, we can handle security.

3) Show him the picture of the employee we know worked for the smiles. We want to be brought into contact with that person

4) Show him the pictures of the other former employees, especially the 2 we also have a bit of a lead on (“One in the wilds up to the north, and another on the edge of the Orange zone, at St. Mary Mercy hospital.”). Again, we want to be brought into contact with these people or find out where they are.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 05:02:14 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Is it a war crime if you do it accidently?
« Reply #3515 on: March 25, 2021, 08:22:49 am »

Hum.  I can skim with the rockets?  Would that use up a meaningful amount of fuel?  Do they run on use die, and if so how large a use die?

As for an actual action, look around for taller buildings.  Find a place that looks like it'd make a good vantage point.  Go there.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Clouds Like Raw Meat
« Reply #3516 on: March 25, 2021, 08:33:29 am »

Go chat up the patrons and staff to see if they can tell us anything about what lies ahead on our path. Should any fights break out, break out the man-zapper, but not pre-emptively.

Spoiler: Janet Janet (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: March 25, 2021, 01:52:22 pm »

Spoiler: Scottish Medic (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 09:16:32 am by Horizon »
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: March 25, 2021, 02:32:07 pm »

Go inside the bar and ask around to see if anyone can share with me the location of some good fishing spots.

Once that's done, ask for some info about the bull-people group I saw earlier.

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: March 25, 2021, 02:57:53 pm »

My companions seem to have this bar thing well in hand. Keep an eye on movement around the bar and around the EdPC, but otherwise just stay still and do nothing.

Meanwhile, see if there are any of those corporate drones flying around within range of the EdPC. If there are, see if I can connect to their video feeds for some entertainment.

Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3520 on: March 26, 2021, 03:11:22 pm »

"Damn nothing left."
Look through a few more houses for any kind of loot.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
[5]
Burt moves to the next house down the road, away from the bar. The door is ajar and he sweeps through quickly, ransacking in a strategic fashion. It is in much the same condition as the last house: dark, molding, overgrown and shot through with plants and decay.  He's about to give up on this search too when he thinks of something. He heads to the bedroom and lifts the green and crumbling mattress. Under it is a sock, and within that sock are several rolled up wads of US Megabucks held together with rubber bands. The rubber bands snap the moment he touches the wads and the bills are permanently curled, but the thin green plastic sheets are as fresh as the day they were extruded.

He thumbs through: 12,300 Megabucks.

Stay outside and keep my eyes and ears open for trouble.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
Ji watches the security team disperse on their little adventures and decides that her personal adventure will be to stand outside and potentially shoot trouble makers.  Its not a glamorous adventure, but its a functional one.

EEEDD smiles earnestly at the sight of the lad. Throw a seed far enough and it'll find fertile ground somewhere!

Casually approach the young man once the group starts to scatter a little bit. Don't open up right away with the gospel talk, instead offer to fix some of his ailments with chiropractic technique. Then start discussing the virtues of ED while I'm working on him, barber-chat style.

Internally regret not having invested more into speech before this.

Spoiler: EEEDD (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Congregation of ED (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: STANpool (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things done (click to show/hide)
[4]
EEEDD walks right up to the young man with a confident stride and stands right next to him, face mere inches away.

"Fear not, young man. All your worries are over. The dangers of this world will no longer touch you, for you are in the loving embrace of ED."

The next few minutes are an odd blur but by the end of it the young man, Charlie, is a staunch convert of the faith of ED. And is now determined to follow the security team wherever they go.

Hum.  I can skim with the rockets?  Would that use up a meaningful amount of fuel?  Do they run on use die, and if so how large a use die?

As for an actual action, look around for taller buildings.  Find a place that looks like it'd make a good vantage point.  Go there.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
The boot jets are powered by the suit's reactor, so they're functionally limitless. But they're also not powerful enough to go at full speed. Moving at full speed uses fuel and the suit has D8 reserves. It would roll once per turn for moving using the jump rockets.

Wilfred looks around for a vantage point. Its not easy to do: the place is so dense with trees that he can't see far. He checks the map: the entire area here is basically suburbs, nothing above 2 stories and likely nothing that would take his weight. The closest that might have something tall is...A highschool to the north. Though its a good kilometer  away from here. He heads out onto the main road -Actually called main street he notes as he passes a rusted signpost-  and heads north a bit, towards the school. He gets maybe halfway to it, coming to the edge of its sprawling sports fields, when he notices the area isn't abandoned. The tallest tower of the school- maybe 5 stories- is lit up both inside and out. He zooms the suit's camera in and can see men on the roof and the spillover of more light from the ground around it. He can't see what's on the ground, its blocked by other buildings, but it seems like a fairly big area to light up.

My companions seem to have this bar thing well in hand. Keep an eye on movement around the bar and around the EdPC, but otherwise just stay still and do nothing.

Meanwhile, see if there are any of those corporate drones flying around within range of the EdPC. If there are, see if I can connect to their video feeds for some entertainment.

Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)
[8][7] The EdPC scans the skies in a literal way, searching for any sort of beacon he can latch on to. He finds it in the form of not a drone- at least not a normal one- but a full blown autonomous cargo shuttle. He connects to it and looks at its specs and info. Its a single use thing, not much more than a huge glider that someone dropped outside the zone. Its heading in on momentum with a few rocket pods to steer and gain speed if it needs to. Its from Oshimada Heavy Industries, though its cargo isn't listed anywhere within the little computer brain guiding it in. Its just entering the yellow zone now, but moving at high speed; it will be into the orange zone in minutes.

If Bob don't get the snacks he deserves, he gonna bite some tires.

Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)
Bob, annoyed at going unsnacked, punctures a few tires before stomping into the bar and wandering up to the nearest table. He opens his mouth again and grumbles at the confused and slowly backing away patrons.

Look around for someone who looks like they’re experienced, knowledgeable or authoritative (if nobody like that is spotted, check inside the bar).

If someone is found, approach them (keep weapons pointing away at all times) and tell them:

“Good evening, my name is Yagyu and our team is here to investigate the Neo Detroit anomaly to figure out what is going on. For that we’ll need some information, and if you’ll allow me to buy you a drink I have an interesting business proposal for you.”

If they are receptive to it, buy them that drink and inquire about the following things (just ask what their price would be and if they are the correct person for this, if not ask them to point us to the correct person in exchange for that drink, also check if they accept barter or only accept megabucks):

1) Intell regarding the current situation in the zone. Any areas that are hotly contested, any big gangs/notorious names/deadly anomalies he can warn us about? Local customs or social graces we should be aware about?

2) In case there’s too much info for point 1, maybe we could hire a local to act as a guide? Then they can give us info as we go, and maybe act as a friendly/known face when we need to contact. We’d need someone with a good knowledge of the land and who is experienced with navigating its dangers and anomalies, and who is respected (or at least neutral) by the various local groups. They do not need to be capable fighters, we can handle security.

3) Show him the picture of the employee we know worked for the smiles. We want to be brought into contact with that person

4) Show him the pictures of the other former employees, especially the 2 we also have a bit of a lead on (“One in the wilds up to the north, and another on the edge of the Orange zone, at St. Mary Mercy hospital.”). Again, we want to be brought into contact with these people or find out where they are.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

[5]
Yagyu slides over to an older man who has been smoking on the porch, watching this all play out the entire time.  He offers to buy the man a drink -and hints at further compensation- in return for some info.  The man looks Yagyu over with a wry expression and then shrugs. He negotiates instead for one of Yagyu's bottles of Booze, which Yagyu gladly gives.

1. This bar here is where the prospectors- thats what most call themselves- meet up. To the north of here is an old highschool. Thats the marketplace for artifacts that the prospectors bring back. Called "the Bizarre". Yes, spelling and pun are intentional. Run by a guy named Whillis, who has connections with the army. Will buy up artifacts and valuables, will sell them and more mundane stuff too. Pretty heavily guarded, but open 24/7. The old Michigan stadium just a bit further is a coliseum of sorts now, though only used sporadically.  Was originally set up by some gang which modelled itself on the romans, but carried on use past their destruction. Watch out for Sunny boy and his gang; they control most of central Ann Arbor and want to keep it that way. They shanghai people off the streets to be made into gang members or slaves on their farms and waterworks. They're particularly nervous about their power station, near the University Hospital. It lets them use electric lights and power instead of the jellied gasoline lamps and such. Stay out of the Langford Nature area, probably Barton Pond too. Both have oddly high amounts of anomalies. Enough that they're unfarmed and generally not passed through.  He repeats about the snaps but also adds to be careful not to touch any odd spots on walls, avoid something that looks like olive green fiberglass insulation, and that the Willow airport to the southeast might be of interest.

2. He says he'd be willing, but he'll need more than a bottle for it. He wants not only payment up front but a cut of any profits you make selling artifacts or info.

3. Doesn't know him, but says that if he is a scientist he might be at the university hospital. Apparently the Smiles have been collecting "brains" and keeping them locked up for different projects. That power station of theirs is just one of them.

4. He doesn't know the first, but the second he says is at Mary Mercy Hospital. They run a clinic out there for prospectors and anyone else who comes by. He says he's not sure how they've survived, given their location, but they have.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3521 on: March 26, 2021, 03:13:48 pm »

The interior of the bar is very clearly the interior of a home, though now gutted and refit. Unlike the wide open room a bar would normally occupy, this is broken up into different rooms and sections by dividing walls with the actual bar itself way in the back of what would normally be the kitchen. The bar is actually a long granite countertop that someone has built upon, ripping the doors of cabinets and shelves, stuffing them with liquor while building up the sides of the bar. The tables and chairs are all different, obviously scavenged, and in varying states of disrepair. The cups are mostly large glasses but a few are ceramic mugs or the like. Shots appear to be served in spent shell cartridges instead of shot glasses. There are lanterns hanging from the ceiling, some from hooks hanging on useless electric light fixtures. The walls are wallpapered in some sort of dark purple and black paisley pattern that is crumbling off and the wall behind.   There are two radios playing, one on either side of the bar. One on the right plays music, the other on the left plays some sort of news channel. The entire place smells of gasoline, smoke, sweat, and bitingly acrid alcohol.

"ugh хуй, bit out of practice it seems."
Walk inside the Bar and just hang out for now.
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
Go to bar.
"I'll take a pint of the weakest stuff you got."
Order drink. Consume drink.

Anya and Edward wander in and just take a seat, ordering two drinks before finding a table to settle down at. Anya pays with a pack of cigarettes and Edward with 2 tubes of Nutrient paste.  Anya gets what might be a mug of paint thinner while Edward ends up with something that could be best described as water that happened to once share an elevator ride with alcohol several years ago. They mix the two together and get something passible.

"I'll have 2 gallons of dog blood served on a hat mixed with your hardest drugs."

SAM orders her drink, as she scans the area for any dead bodies or drunks who are too buzzed to notice someone eating their fingers
Sam wanders up to the bar and grips it with her too long fingers, making intense eye contact with the bartender the entire time she orders. He politely informs her that they do not have that particular drink on tap.

Go chat up the patrons and staff to see if they can tell us anything about what lies ahead on our path. Should any fights break out, break out the man-zapper, but not pre-emptively.

Spoiler: Janet Janet (click to show/hide)
Janet asks some of the patrons about what might lie ahead. They ask her were "Ahead" lies. She points in the direction of Detroit.  They respond in a variety of ways but it comes down to "Bad shit".

Go inside the bar and ask around to see if anyone can share with me the location of some good fishing spots.

Once that's done, ask for some info about the bull-people group I saw earlier.

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
Most aren't sure about fishing. The best answers Baldwin gets are a lake to the east of here, maybe a Km. Encircled by houses. That or Ford lake, to the southwest.

When he asks about Bull-people they just shrug and tell him that they're just another nightmare. Such creatures are not standardized or normal; they change constantly so you might never see the same one twice.

Look around at my fellow employees, as I drunkenly stumbling around "Oi ow' about a drinking contest" Alec suggests to the other people in the parking lot.
The group completely ignores Alec and heads into the bar of their own accord. He grumbles mightily and follows them in, immediately demanding drinks from the bartender and being told he would have to -shock and horror- have to pay for them.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: March 26, 2021, 04:00:41 pm »

"You have blood inside you, right? And yout buddies have hats too. Just get a razor and get to work."

Yeet the fish ball throgh the window towards Bob. Then continue demanding blood and guts from the bartender

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: March 26, 2021, 04:11:39 pm »

Stay out of the Langford Nature area, probably Barton Pond too. Both have oddly high amounts of anomalies. Enough that they're unfarmed and generally not passed through.

"Hey! That sounds like a nice place to go catch some fish. You willing to give us some directions there? I think we can make quite a profit. Besides, I'm pretty sure a place that unpopular probably has a few unlooted artifacts."

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: March 26, 2021, 04:41:21 pm »

Spoiler: Scottish Medic (click to show/hide)

Look around and see if anyone is in need of medical attention.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 09:17:23 am by Horizon »
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 334