Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482413 times)

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: The Shocker
« Reply #3450 on: March 13, 2021, 02:56:01 pm »

try to get upstairs to look for the girl up there
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: HONK HONK
« Reply #3451 on: March 13, 2021, 04:07:01 pm »

Try to do this again.

1.Watch the TV broadcast again. This time, make note of the groups who seem the most organized or have the most-powerful weaponry. Note where they were last seen on the map.

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Clouds like raw meat
« Reply #3452 on: March 13, 2021, 09:48:34 pm »

EEEDD, having stood in disbelief that soldiers in need of salvation would refuse an open offering for a good few minutes, snaps out of his fugue. No use wasting time, after all! If they would not welcome his theological teachings, then he'd simply have to ram them in at the source.

Change tack and ask around to see if these people have a priest or anything of the sort - hell, even a motivational speaker would do. Then find this person, if they exist. My intent is to engage in a theological debate with them and assert the dominance of EDism.

Consult my inner ED as I go to this meeting to determine the proper stance towards heathens.

Spoiler: EEEDD (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Congregation of ED (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: STANpool (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things done (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 11:49:37 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: March 14, 2021, 05:07:08 am »

"I have a loaded OMNITECH Generic Security rifle and one spare magazine, and the things I'm after are a laptop with a case and cords, a flashlight, and cheap smartphone, the phone and the laptop don't need to be new they just need to work."
Trade the things and keep filming.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: March 14, 2021, 06:36:42 am »

Find a completely random lowly grunt to interview. Point my camera in their face and start conducting a little interview.

Ask about any little tips and tricks they know to survive in the zone. How does the fish taste. Where they think the scientists could be hiding. What they think is the cause of all this. What sort of underground contraband black market they have. What is their favourite colour.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: March 14, 2021, 10:32:11 am »

If possible, talk to Hardacre about acquiring bottom of the barrel ammo. If he’s not going to take YAG up on the ammo exchange offer, then see how much ammo he’s willing to sell, and if he’d give a good deal if the type of ammo doesn’t matter. I’m not ready to trade it yet, but see how much ammo he’d give me for the razor. Also spread the word to all the soldiers that they can exchange ammo for a fee. (I’ll let Radio decide on the specifics of that fee.)
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: March 14, 2021, 10:50:15 am »

[17:37] Radio Controlled: @Piecewise Once we are ready to go in mook, can we assume a timeskip till the storm has died down?
[18:30] Piecewise: yes

In that case, in the interest of moving things along, let's move out at the end of this coming turn/start of the next, and maybe people still talking/trading can finish it in flexible time?

Either way, thank the commander for his help and any future support, offer him 1 of the bottles of nice booze if he wants it.

5. "Mighty useful talent. I'm not aware of any shortages currently, but Hardacre might have some use of it. And I'm certain that the lads in Ann Arbor would."

Go to this Hardacre once we're done with the commander and offer the same service again. We'll convert whatever ammo they have to whatever other type they need (assuming the forge can handle it), in return for keeping some of the ammo for ourselves (25% maybe? We can haggle over discord if you want). 

2. "Your best bet, I think, is announce your intentions immediately. There's a fine line out there, you don't wanna look like a threat they have to kill, but you also don't want to look weak and easy to steal from. We have somewhat of an advantage: they know that if they fuck with us they'll eat an artillery strike, but they also know we could have already done that if we just wanted them dead. They know we're too dangerous to mess with, but also that we mean it when we say we're just there to talk.  For guys like you without such capacities and clout, might be best off letting some of their footsoldiers know you wanna talk to someone higher up  and make a business transaction out of it. For the most part though, if you don't ruffle feathers, they won't want to start anything."

See if I can set up a little sound clip that says something like "We come here in peace and wish to make a trade. Do not assault us or we will retaliate." Idea is to play that over the EdPC when we need to.

Also, does Yagyu notice what happened to his kelp? 

Once the storm dies down and they can safely exit the building again, Yagyu gets on the radio to address the whole team, seeing how some already ran off to do their own thing.

"Allrighty then ladies ’n gents, bit of a false start, but finally we're ready to move out and begin our holiday.

Now, for some traveler guidelines before we begin our little excursion.

Play nice with the locals when you can. While our ROE is pretty lax, we’d still rather not deal with complaints filed in triplicate and/or hordes of angry gangers toting bazookas more than we have to. So be on your best behaviors! If some mutant is being an ass you can take ‘em down of course, but don’t make our life, er, vacation, any harder than it has to be.

Secondly, when the EdPC moves up, try to stick with it. I’m not gonna chain ya’ll down and demand you stick with the tour group at all times, but we’re not going off on a wild goose chase every few minutes because someone saw a shiny bauble somewhere. So go detouring if you must, but if you get yourself in trouble that way, make sure you can get yourself out of it as well. Of course if the missi-, I mean holiday festivities, require us to split up that’s another story.

Now, first we will go visit Ann Arbor, we've got a possible lead in there on one of the former employees. We'll also want to talk to the treasure hunters to learn more.

EdPC my dear, if you’d be so kind?

Oh, and if any of you feel like it, you can give me a DNA sample so that I can locate you should we get separated in a tussle. This is optional, so as you prefer. The brobots among us can grab something biological and give a piece of it to me and hang on to the rest for the same effect. Finally, I can manufacture ammunition out of other ammunition, let me know and I can hook you up."

After all that, he fills them in on the relevant details the commander told him.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 11:03:21 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: March 14, 2021, 11:14:09 am »

Sam spits up some goo at Yakuza d'Boyardee at his request for some DNA.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 11:16:39 am by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
MOOK: Clouds Like Raw Meat
« Reply #3458 on: March 14, 2021, 02:01:21 pm »

Ask the communications team in the base if the other bases with a better line on the Canadian base could pass on a message to introduce ourselves.

Spoiler: Janet Janet (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3459 on: March 14, 2021, 07:17:36 pm »

1. Ask the commander if he can tell us if there were any other teams sent here recently (not necessarily from OMNITECH, other companies or government too), if any could be still alive, how they fared and if he has any advice to offer us on how to not end up like them. Or any advice about how to stay alive in general.

2. Ask the commander how well technology fares further into the zone. The "leak" caused some distortions on screens and drones. Would those be worse the closer we get to the center? Would those distortions be damaging to tech or robots? Are the people in the zone still using modern tech (i.e. something I could hack) or have they reverted to older sturdier tech?

3. Ask the commander if we should be wary of weather phenomena. Does rain that passes over Detroit become "contaminated"?

4. Ask the commander what would be the "best case scenario" should we manage to be so lucky as to locate and reach the source of the anomaly. What would be a "happy end" by his standards?

5. Keep watching the view from the drone to see if something special happens during the leak and what it looks like when it finishes.

6. Once we start moving, keep a drone flying around to give us a bird eye's view, make sure nobody is laying in ambush or something.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 10:24:54 am by Parisbre56 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: March 14, 2021, 09:19:29 pm »

-snip-

Grumpy cat is grumpy.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 10:10:33 pm by Ozarck »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: March 15, 2021, 04:48:39 pm »

If we're ready by the end of this turn, head out again and head to Ann Harbor.

If not, just sift through the info I collected, looking for anything that seems out of place or interesting.

Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3462 on: March 16, 2021, 02:57:52 pm »

SAM will cook up the fishball into something scrumptious now, or ask someone else to do it, either way, she's good.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[2]
Sam stares at the fish lump and tries to cook it with the intensity of her glare.  She thinks it might be warming up but its hard to tell.

try to get upstairs to look for the girl up there
[1]
Anya starts shoving her way though the crowd but halfway through walks straight into a man and knocks him over. As he falls he knocks over someone else and within a few seconds there's a pile of a dozen or so people at Anya's feet. This is a rather notable thing unfortunately and she looks up to see at least 3 bouncers moving her way from upstairs and on this level.

Try to do this again.

1.Watch the TV broadcast again. This time, make note of the groups who seem the most organized or have the most-powerful weaponry. Note where they were last seen on the map.

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
The storm outside is rather screwing things up, but Baldwin manages to get a good look at one group through a downed drone. They seem to be connected by Bull iconography, masks and talismans and such. They're wearing an odd mix of army or paramilitary stuff along with what looks like random objects on cords. One near the drone is wearing several hundred CD's like a boa around his neck. They appear to have a fair number of members and be pretty heavily armed.

EEEDD, having stood in disbelief that soldiers in need of salvation would refuse an open offering for a good few minutes, snaps out of his fugue. No use wasting time, after all! If they would not welcome his theological teachings, then he'd simply have to ram them in at the source.

Change tack and ask around to see if these people have a priest or anything of the sort - hell, even a motivational speaker would do. Then find this person, if they exist. My intent is to engage in a theological debate with them and assert the dominance of EDism.

Consult my inner ED as I go to this meeting to determine the proper stance towards heathens.

Spoiler: EEEDD (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Congregation of ED (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: STANpool (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things done (click to show/hide)
[2]
All the people continue to avoid EEEDD as though he were radioactive. The more he attempts to ask them anything or otherwise interact, the more they try to avoid him.  One man literally crawls under the EdPC in order to get away.
"Human Rights End where our lives begin"

"I have a loaded OMNITECH Generic Security rifle and one spare magazine, and the things I'm after are a laptop with a case and cords, a flashlight, and cheap smartphone, the phone and the laptop don't need to be new they just need to work."
Trade the things and keep filming.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
He takes the rifle and disappears, returning several minutes later with the laptop, flashlight and phone.

"All works, but the flashlight might need batteries changed soon and the laptop apparently runs out of power pretty quick when not plugged." He says, sliding the stuff over to you.

Find a completely random lowly grunt to interview. Point my camera in their face and start conducting a little interview.

Ask about any little tips and tricks they know to survive in the zone. How does the fish taste. Where they think the scientists could be hiding. What they think is the cause of all this. What sort of underground contraband black market they have. What is their favourite colour.

[1]
Edward shoves the camera in a random soldier's face and demands of her "Tell me everything! I'm here to expose you, you insidious so and so!"

She punches him straight in the nose and walks off as he follows behind, still demanding things in a nasal voice has he attempts to stop the nose bleed.

If possible, talk to Hardacre about acquiring bottom of the barrel ammo. If he’s not going to take YAG up on the ammo exchange offer, then see how much ammo he’s willing to sell, and if he’d give a good deal if the type of ammo doesn’t matter. I’m not ready to trade it yet, but see how much ammo he’d give me for the razor. Also spread the word to all the soldiers that they can exchange ammo for a fee. (I’ll let Radio decide on the specifics of that fee.)
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
Ji asks Hardacre about ammo. He gives her a look when she tells him that the kind of ammo doesn't matter, she just wants to buy it in bulk.

"We have a few boxes of rounds for an older model autocannon; nothing we got uses them so I can trade them no issue. For that razor, I'd give you...oh 3 or 4 boxes."

Ask the communications team in the base if the other bases with a better line on the Canadian base could pass on a message to introduce ourselves.

Spoiler: Janet Janet (click to show/hide)
The Canadian base is apparently quite hard to contact due to being directly across from the american bases, through the red zone. Wireless signals are obviously distorted if they make it at all, and there are no land lines. The only real way is to go far enough south to get line of sight and do it from there.  That or route around, bounce it south and then back up north through external sites. Thats what they usually do but its a bit of a pain with encryption and such, so its only done when needed.  They assure Janet that the Canadian base has no units in the zone and is actually just a checkpoint to prevent anything from getting out in that direction.

[17:37] Radio Controlled: @Piecewise Once we are ready to go in mook, can we assume a timeskip till the storm has died down?
[18:30] Piecewise: yes

In that case, in the interest of moving things along, let's move out at the end of this coming turn/start of the next, and maybe people still talking/trading can finish it in flexible time?

Either way, thank the commander for his help and any future support, offer him 1 of the bottles of nice booze if he wants it.

5. "Mighty useful talent. I'm not aware of any shortages currently, but Hardacre might have some use of it. And I'm certain that the lads in Ann Arbor would."

Go to this Hardacre once we're done with the commander and offer the same service again. We'll convert whatever ammo they have to whatever other type they need (assuming the forge can handle it), in return for keeping some of the ammo for ourselves (25% maybe? We can haggle over discord if you want). 

2. "Your best bet, I think, is announce your intentions immediately. There's a fine line out there, you don't wanna look like a threat they have to kill, but you also don't want to look weak and easy to steal from. We have somewhat of an advantage: they know that if they fuck with us they'll eat an artillery strike, but they also know we could have already done that if we just wanted them dead. They know we're too dangerous to mess with, but also that we mean it when we say we're just there to talk.  For guys like you without such capacities and clout, might be best off letting some of their footsoldiers know you wanna talk to someone higher up  and make a business transaction out of it. For the most part though, if you don't ruffle feathers, they won't want to start anything."

See if I can set up a little sound clip that says something like "We come here in peace and wish to make a trade. Do not assault us or we will retaliate." Idea is to play that over the EdPC when we need to.

Also, does Yagyu notice what happened to his kelp? 

Once the storm dies down and they can safely exit the building again, Yagyu gets on the radio to address the whole team, seeing how some already ran off to do their own thing.

"Allrighty then ladies ’n gents, bit of a false start, but finally we're ready to move out and begin our holiday.

Now, for some traveler guidelines before we begin our little excursion.

Play nice with the locals when you can. While our ROE is pretty lax, we’d still rather not deal with complaints filed in triplicate and/or hordes of angry gangers toting bazookas more than we have to. So be on your best behaviors! If some mutant is being an ass you can take ‘em down of course, but don’t make our life, er, vacation, any harder than it has to be.

Secondly, when the EdPC moves up, try to stick with it. I’m not gonna chain ya’ll down and demand you stick with the tour group at all times, but we’re not going off on a wild goose chase every few minutes because someone saw a shiny bauble somewhere. So go detouring if you must, but if you get yourself in trouble that way, make sure you can get yourself out of it as well. Of course if the missi-, I mean holiday festivities, require us to split up that’s another story.

Now, first we will go visit Ann Arbor, we've got a possible lead in there on one of the former employees. We'll also want to talk to the treasure hunters to learn more.

EdPC my dear, if you’d be so kind?

Oh, and if any of you feel like it, you can give me a DNA sample so that I can locate you should we get separated in a tussle. This is optional, so as you prefer. The brobots among us can grab something biological and give a piece of it to me and hang on to the rest for the same effect. Finally, I can manufacture ammunition out of other ammunition, let me know and I can hook you up."

After all that, he fills them in on the relevant details the commander told him.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

The commander takes the booze and sets it in a desk drawer. Yagyu catches sight of several bottles in there.

Hardacre checks his books and says that they could use some ammo for the new autocannons. Same model the EdPC uses. You could get a free d6 box of it out of the trade but it would cost a day's wait to forge it all.

You set up a "We Come in peace" announcement you can play whenever you want.

Yagyu will notice the kelp when he returns. So if he returned, he noticed the kelp.

1. Ask the commander if he can tell us if there were any other teams sent here recently (not necessarily from OMNITECH, other companies or government too), if any could be still alive, how they fared and if he has any advice to offer us on how to not end up like them. Or any advice about how to stay alive in general.

2. Ask the commander how well technology fares further into the zone. The "leak" caused some distortions on screens and drones. Would those be worse the closer we get to the center? Would those distortions be damaging to tech or robots? Are the people in the zone still using modern tech (i.e. something I could hack) or have they reverted to older sturdier tech?

3. Ask the commander if we should be wary of weather phenomena. Does rain that passes over Detroit become "contaminated"?

4. Ask the commander what would be the "best case scenario" should we manage to be so lucky as to locate and reach the source of the anomaly. What would be a "happy end" by his standards?

5. Keep watching the view from the drone to see if something special happens during the leak and what it looks like when it finishes.

6. Once we start moving, keep a drone flying around to give us a bird eye's view, make sure nobody is laying in ambush or something.

1. "There was one about 3 weeks ago. No idea if its still around. Can't tell ya any info on them though. Non-disclosure agreements."
2. "Depends. Further you get in, worse the distortions will get. The more complex something is, the more things that have to be working in perfect alignment for it to function, worse it will fare.  Haven't heard of anyone in a mechanical body getting brain wiped though, so maybe there's exceptions.  In the orange and yellow zones at least. Red, all bets are off. Nothing can be taken for granted out there."
3."Be wary of goddamn anything, especially as you go further in, and especially if it comes from above. Zones seem mushroom shaped, extend further higher up. Rain out in the yellow zone might have transient orange zone level properties.  Strong corrosive seems most common in that case though. Apparently a lot of water further in is acidic to a deadly degree."
4."For all I know there's a pissed off genie in there. Happy end by my standards would be getting rid of this thing entirely but I doubt you can do that. They've dropped Thermonuclear bombs into it, trying to destroy or destabilize it. No dice."
5. [2] Nothing you see.
6. Ok.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3463 on: March 16, 2021, 02:58:27 pm »

If we're ready by the end of this turn, head out again and head to Ann Harbor.

If not, just sift through the info I collected, looking for anything that seems out of place or interesting.

Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)

Out of time, but we're moving out now. Hold your posts till I can finish this turn. Thanks.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: The Shocker
« Reply #3464 on: March 16, 2021, 06:53:55 pm »

First take off the vr set. Then pull out the Hoverboard and take it for a spin, see if I can keep up with the EDpc.
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 334