Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482166 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: HONK HONK
« Reply #3435 on: March 10, 2021, 07:00:18 am »

Now, in response to that first question, the eggheads got some long name for it but most here call it a 'Leak'.
((Yeaaah think I'll be referring to it as a blowout since that is clearly what it is, stalker.

Also, if this list is a bit much just stop whenever you get fed up.))

1) How much, and what kind of, advance warning do we have when one of those blowouts will happen? To know how much time we have to get cover.

2) How often does this happen anyway, once every few hours/days/weeks?

3) Could he inform the other bases that we're here, and maybe base Canada as well? I guess the deal we have with these guys is the same as we'll get with the others?

4) What's the latest intell regarding the current situation in the zone? Any areas that are hotly contested, any big gangs/notorious names/deadly anomalies he can warn us about?

5) Regarding anomalies, are there any 'types' that are often occurring, and if yes how can one detect and deal with it?

6) Show him the list of employees of the former institute, see if he knows any of them or might be able to give us the last whereabouts. Let him make a copy of the list if needed, maybe his men can ask around a little?

7) What kind of artifacts would they be interested in for trading, anything we should be on the lookout for in particular?

8) do they know about things like clogged roads filled with vehicles from the evacuation, or other obstacles that would make navigating the EdPC difficult? So that we can plan our route accordingly.

9) Aside from the military bases, how are the other routes out of the zone (smaller roads, the water, general open areas) secured from escapees?

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 03:30:45 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Clouds like raw meat
« Reply #3436 on: March 10, 2021, 11:04:23 am »

Check the feed to see how the rest of Detroit is dealing with the “Leak”.

Also try to get any idea of what kind of hardware they have at this base.

Lastly, ask the guys at the armory if there’s any useless ammo they don’t want. Also ask what they’d be willing to give me for an antibio razor.

Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: March 10, 2021, 12:15:39 pm »

Try to find out where the low level grunts all hang out when they're trying to avoid doing work. Go hang out with them and avoid doing work. You never know, they probably know some stuff that the top brass that Yagyu's talking to doesn't. Make some connections, build some rapport.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: HONK HONK
« Reply #3438 on: March 10, 2021, 04:43:24 pm »

Now, in response to that first question, the eggheads got some long name for it but most here call it a 'Leak'.
((Yeaaah think I'll be referring to it as a blowout since that is clearly what it is, stalker.

1) How much, and what kind of, advance warning do we have when one of those blowouts will happen? To know how much time we have to get cover.

3) Could he inform the other bases that we're here, and maybe base Canada as well? I guess the deal we have with these guys is the same as we'll get with the others?

4) What's the latest intell regarding the current situation in the zone? Any areas that are hotly contested, any big gangs/notorious names/deadly anomalies he can warn us about?

5) Regarding anomalies, are there any 'types' that are often occurring, and if yes how can one detect and deal with it?

6) Show him the list of employees of the former institute, see if he knows any of them or might be able to give us the last whereabouts. Let him make a copy of the list if needed, maybe his men can ask around a little?

7) What kind of artifacts would they be interested in for trading, anything we should be on the lookout for in particular?

8) do they know about things like clogged roads filled with vehicles from the evacuation, or other obstacles that would make navigating the EdPC difficult? So that we can plan our route accordingly.

9) Aside from the military bases, how are the other routes out of the zone (smaller roads, the water, general open areas) secured from escapees?

((how many turns of this are you planning? Don't you already have half the answers to these questions anyway? those answers being "The situation out there changes rapidly and we don't have a lot of reliable information. You will have to go find out yourselves, really."))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: March 11, 2021, 07:38:25 am »

((how many turns of this are you planning? Don't you already have half the answers to these questions anyway? those answers being "The situation out there changes rapidly and we don't have a lot of reliable information. You will have to go find out yourselves, really."))

((As few as I can manage! And I do hope he'll be able to give us some useful info, and if not better safe than sorry eh.

Also, cheeky, very cheeky. :p ))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3440 on: March 11, 2021, 03:55:25 pm »

Get back on the EdPC and eat those fish flakes, SAM didn't go to college to get laughed at by a bunch of marines, she'll make her own burgers, SAMburgers

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sam walks in and, dragging her lower jaw along the floor, swallows up the entire 10lbs of fish flakes in one bite. They taste terrible! Exactly like fishfood smells.

look for the girl in the crowd, and keep a mental note of all the bouncers I see and their locations.
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
[2]
Anya looks for her target but either the girl is not here or she's too lost in the crowd to be seen. A few of the bouncers seem to be noticing something is up. They're talking into their little earphones and looking around.

All's well that ends, I suppose. Bob will settle in and relax, sending SpiderNotCatHat to tap into the EdPC's plumbing and flood the rear compartment with .... one (1) foot of water.

Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)
[5,8v3]
Spidercat skitters off. Pushbot attempts to catch it before it can do any harm but the crafty metal felinid slips past and through the gap in a panel. Moments later the anti-septic and very strong smelling blue liquid that would otherwise be filling the -thankfully unused- portable toilet starts pouring out into the EdPC.  There isn't enough to form a foot deep pool, in fact it only settles in about 2 inches before side vents whisk the fluid away and dump it outside.

Check the feed to see how the rest of Detroit is dealing with the “Leak”.

Also try to get any idea of what kind of hardware they have at this base.

Lastly, ask the guys at the armory if there’s any useless ammo they don’t want. Also ask what they’d be willing to give me for an antibio razor.

The majority of the feeds are currently displaying a "We'll be right back!" message or something of the kind. The few still broadcasting are showing very badly distorted and fragmented images, all of them from the perspective of an obviously crashed or downed drone.  Of these, most show uninteresting things like close ups of blurry rubble, but one is showing a man's intestines burst out from his stomach and slither away of their own accord.

Ji thinks back to what she saw- for I assume she's in the commander's office and not the armory since she has no idea where the armory is and it is also not directly connected to this section of the base- of the base. They were definitely heavily outfitted. Tanks, drones, manned aircraft, military hardsuits, perimeter autocannons, the works really. Though clearly they're more set up for defense than an expeditionary force.

Try to find out where the low level grunts all hang out when they're trying to avoid doing work. Go hang out with them and avoid doing work. You never know, they probably know some stuff that the top brass that Yagyu's talking to doesn't. Make some connections, build some rapport.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
[4]
Edward follows some of the grunts and eventually manages to find their barracks. Not exactly the Rec room but good enough. He asks them about the base and the state of things. Most of what they can tell you is standard complaints: Boredom, repetition, unfair assignments, the usual. According to them they spend most of their time patrolling the edge of the yellow zone, checking the automated defenses and the wall, making sure no one got out, occasionally hunting down someone who did. The only moments of excitement were when they took a convoy out into Ann Arbor or something of the like, though those were few and far between. Most of what they did, in regards to the "locals", is trade food for stuff they scavenged or watch over the ones coming in for medical aid. Apparently there's a sort of waystation out front of the base, originally to handle gathering and transport away from the disaster, but now it served as their "outer airlock" of sorts. A place to interact without letting potential dangers into the base proper.

"Would a rifle and a spare magazine be enough to buy me a laptop?"
Stand in the commander's office while keeping the camera somewhat hidden so he doesn't know I'm filming everything that's going on.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
"Hardacre, Not me. But if I had to hazard a guess, yes."

((Believe it or not this is not actually inspired by STALKER. Though it might be a STALKER second cousin))

1. "Usually they build up over the course of a day, but you get real obvious warning signs anywhere from an hour to a few minutes before. Generally, the slower they build the longer they last but the less intense they are, and vice versa. If one starts fast, thats the one you really wanna duck."

2. "Erratic. Average is every few days."

3. "The others already know. Ground lines. That Canadian base is out of our range currently."

4. "My knowledge is mostly concerned with Ann Arbor and the Yellow zone in general. For info further in, I suggest you talk to the treasure hunters in Ann Arbor. They have a...social club of sorts down there called the "Gilded Razor". Their knowledge will be more current and more extensive but also not free.  In any case, Ann Arbor is always hotly contested because of the large population but your most bloody zones are the ones along the river. Water, and the farm lands around it, are the core of their economy. Everything else stems from it; can't eat bullets after all. Most of the air drops of aid are also done using drones and pontoons  so whoever controls the river effectively controls the city. No one ever controls ALL of it, but whoever controls most is current grand poohbah. Currently that's Sunny Boy and the Smiles."  He shakes his head, "No idea where they got the name. Sounds like a Mormon band right?  Supposedly Sunny Boy was a cannibal from out in the Orange zone who made his way back. They collect the teeth and face skins of their enemies. Carve the faces of civs who don't obey. Look like lunatics but they're a lot less stupid and reckless than you'd expect, but exactly as ruthless and sadistic.  Outside of them- they control most of the central part of city and river- there's the Green Commune to the west which is an armed farmer collective. They're mostly isolationist but pretty paranoid. Leave them be or be very polite.  To the east...that place is more unstable. No one wants to be nearer to the Orange zone then they need to be you understand.  Currently the Moon Jaws are out there but they're just barely holding on to their land against the other smaller groups. I think their would be successors are the Ironworkers?  I'd have to check."

5. The commander points to his ceiling.  On it Yagyu can see what looks like a mold or mildew rapidly -well rapidly for mold- spreading across the concrete. Except its not mold, its bright green semi-molten plastic. He steps back out of the way of a few drips of the stuff.  "Thats most common. Only happening here because of the Leak. But common out in Ann Arbor and beyond generally temporary but sometimes it crops up like weeds and never goes away.  Now in terms of other stuff around in the Yellow zone...disease is common. Weird ones, like coughing out  your eyeballs or your teeth starting to grow and never stopping. Tend to go away when you leave the disaster zone though. Mutations, which usually stick. Oh and there are some weird physics stuff. Snaps are the most common. High gravity or suction or something like that. Appear for a few seconds at most and then vanish with a sound like a firecracker going off. Usually not harmful unless one shows up in your chest or head or something. But the zone is a lot of area so the chances of that happening are pretty damn small. You'll still hear them popping all over the place, especially at night."

6. He takes the list and flips through the images attached. Finally he stops and pulls one, handing it back to Yagyu.   "That guy. Works with the Smiles. At least he used to. Been a while since I've seen hide or hair of him. I think he was their mechanic or something of the sort."

7. "Good ones are the ones that have a definite use or some kind of effect that people out there would want to replicate. There's lots of useless rocks out there that turn your vision purple or just whistle constantly or the like. Not those. But if its something that you could use or like, we probably will too."

8. "Roads in Ann Arbor and the immediate area will likely be...somewhat open. Cars are useful things so they've scavenged and used. Though there are often intentional barricades and walls built to protect gang territory or as toll gates. I can give you guys the routes our convoys take to move around the city and to get outside it: they should be pretty open. Now beyond that, I'd try to stay off main roads out into Detroit. Backed up, like you said, but also areas of interest.  And I suggest you try to be as uninteresting as you can."

9. "Perimeter wall, auto cannons, mine field, and automata. Mostly drones launched from 'Nests' scattered along the length. Almost everything is automated, we're mostly here just to keep an eye on it and catch anything that wanders past."

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: March 11, 2021, 04:29:25 pm »

"Now here's for some real food, just grill em' up and we'll be rich, RICH I tell ya!

Now throw up a delicious and scrumptious 10-pound ball of SAMeat, do it in the kitchen table to be more hygienic.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: March 11, 2021, 05:09:06 pm »

((As few as I can manage! And I do hope he'll be able to give us some useful info, and if not better safe than sorry eh.

Also, cheeky, very cheeky. :p ))
((glad you liked it. What dark, lawless urges and secret plots pushed you to check? I specifically said in the Discord not to check any spoilers in MOOK. You'd think a good player would abide by such social niceties, but not Radio. Nooooooooo, Not Radio at all.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Ed, Ed, EED, and another Ed
« Reply #3443 on: March 11, 2021, 05:14:21 pm »

Send spiderbot to interface with Pathosbot to alert him to the worrying lack of fluids and to have him requisition more swamp water.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: March 11, 2021, 05:22:31 pm »

"Now here's for some real food, just grill em' up and we'll be rich, RICH I tell ya!

Now throw up a delicious and scrumptious 10-pound ball of SAMeat, do it in the kitchen table to be more hygienic.

"Could you make some of those bits of meat worm shaped? And give them the ability to wriggle around? I promise that you'll get back more than you spend!"
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: March 12, 2021, 02:40:10 am »

"Wonder what other things that guy has for sale?"
Go find this Hardacre and see what kind of things he has for sale, also keep filming I need all this footage for my movie or whatever it is I'm making.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: March 12, 2021, 04:27:41 pm »

((Believe it or not this is not actually inspired by STALKER. Though it might be a STALKER second cousin))
((Oh neat! Would it be spoilers to say what it is?))

3. "The others already know. Ground lines. That Canadian base is out of our range currently."

1. Could we get a connection to those bases routed through this base? If yes, send them a pic of the employee files and ask if they have seen any of these people. Also ask if they have any more info regarding places or people of interest.

2. Is there any sort of sign that indicates that one is willing to trade/talk/be friendly so they won't immediately think we're coming to blow them the fuck up when they see our EdPC and we'll have a chance to actually talk? Or shall we just tie a white flag to the vehicle and hope for the best? Also, what's the best way to talk to these people, is it to be direct while making it clear you're ready to dispense violence should they try to screw with you? Or are there other unwritten rules of parlay 'round here?   

I can give you guys the routes our convoys take to move around the city and to get outside it: they should be pretty open.

3. Yes, yes that'd be very nice.
(How you wanna do this pw, paint it on the map or just say "and now you know where to move"?)

"Perimeter wall, auto cannons, mine field, and automata. Mostly drones launched from 'Nests' scattered along the length. Almost everything is automated, we're mostly here just to keep an eye on it and catch anything that wanders past."

4. Will these things target us as well? Probably won't be relevant but better to be sure.

5. Explain that I can convert one type of ammo into another. I am willing to render this service to them, to convert whatever into whatever, in exchange for getting some of the ammo for ourselves. 

« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 04:30:53 pm by Radio Controlled »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: March 12, 2021, 07:37:17 pm »

Is there anywhere we can buy stuff with OMNI that we currently have access to? Or is that essentially a between mission thing?
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3448 on: March 13, 2021, 11:09:48 am »

[2]
Sam hacks up...a big loaf of slobber covered fish flakes. They look...basically exactly as appetizing as they did before.

Send spiderbot to interface with Pathosbot to alert him to the worrying lack of fluids and to have him requisition more swamp water.

Spidercat scurries over to Pathos and begins to chittermew piteously for swamp water. Its....endearing?

"Wonder what other things that guy has for sale?"
Go find this Hardacre and see what kind of things he has for sale, also keep filming I need all this footage for my movie or whatever it is I'm making.
For the sake of immediacy, lets assume you go find and talk to him in the future, since you can't reach him now. We'll handle this so we can get underway.

Hardacre is a relatively short man in his mid forties, already going gray. He has a tightly stretched face, as though always squinting to see something just a little too far away.  He's wearing fatigues and always seems to have a helmet on. The helmet has a large potmark from where a bullet bounced off it, a few inches above his right eye.

When asked what is for sale, he shakes his head.

"Not the way this works. I run a system here bub, not a storefront. Stuff you've got isn't always wanted by the guy who has the stuff you want. Your 43 TB of gentleman's literature isn't a straight conversion to an 8 lb gummy bear. There are multiple links, multiple people and transactions it has to move through.  So you tell me what you want and what you got to trade, and I try to make that happen. I can get MOST things, not all of them immediate."

Is there anywhere we can buy stuff with OMNI that we currently have access to? Or is that essentially a between mission thing?
OMNI is effectively "Company Currency". Its worth is entirely dependent on who you're trading it to, outside of the company. There might be OMNI vending machines somewhere in the city though.

((Oh neat! Would it be spoilers to say what it is?))

1. Could we get a connection to those bases routed through this base? If yes, send them a pic of the employee files and ask if they have seen any of these people. Also ask if they have any more info regarding places or people of interest.

2. Is there any sort of sign that indicates that one is willing to trade/talk/be friendly so they won't immediately think we're coming to blow them the fuck up when they see our EdPC and we'll have a chance to actually talk? Or shall we just tie a white flag to the vehicle and hope for the best? Also, what's the best way to talk to these people, is it to be direct while making it clear you're ready to dispense violence should they try to screw with you? Or are there other unwritten rules of parlay 'round here?   

I can give you guys the routes our convoys take to move around the city and to get outside it: they should be pretty open.

3. Yes, yes that'd be very nice.
(How you wanna do this pw, paint it on the map or just say "and now you know where to move"?)

"Perimeter wall, auto cannons, mine field, and automata. Mostly drones launched from 'Nests' scattered along the length. Almost everything is automated, we're mostly here just to keep an eye on it and catch anything that wanders past."

4. Will these things target us as well? Probably won't be relevant but better to be sure.

5. Explain that I can convert one type of ammo into another. I am willing to render this service to them, to convert whatever into whatever, in exchange for getting some of the ammo for ourselves. 

((For the moment, I'll keep silent. But it might become more obvious as we go...depending on how much ya know))

1. Yagyu gets the images sent out and gets two more "maybe" sightings. One in the wilds up to the north, and another on the edge of the  Orange zone, at St. Mary Mercy hospital.

2. "Your best bet, I think, is announce your intentions immediately. There's a fine line out there, you don't wanna look like a threat they have to kill, but you also don't want to look weak and easy to steal from. We have somewhat of an advantage: they know that if they fuck with us they'll eat an artillery strike, but they also know we could have already done that if we just wanted them dead. They know we're too dangerous to mess with, but also that we mean it when we say we're just there to talk.  For guys like you without such capacities and clout, might be best off letting some of their footsoldiers know you wanna talk to someone higher up  and make a business transaction out of it. For the most part though, if you don't ruffle feathers, they won't want to start anything."

3. We'll assume you have routes. I don't have this on a street by street plan level of detail.

4. "Yep. But they're all clearly demarcated. You'll have to run into them on purpose.  And if you need to, we can come by and let you through, though we need some forewarning and time to get over there. Also we can't open a wall."

5. "Mighty useful talent. I'm not aware of any shortages currently, but Hardacre might have some use of it. And I'm certain that the lads in Ann Arbor would."

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: March 13, 2021, 11:21:00 am »

SAM will cook up the fishball into something scrumptious now, or ask someone else to do it, either way, she's good.

Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 334