Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482145 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: The Shocker
« Reply #3405 on: March 04, 2021, 11:14:43 am »

"You really think they're gonna want to trade for fucking fish flakes? They're not that starving, something that actually kinda resembles palatable food woulda been a better investment probably. Unless everyone in Neo-Detroit happens to mutate into fish people between the briefing and now. Which wouldn't surprise me."

Help Burt Burt make his camera thing. Hand him tools, hold the flashlight, get yelled at, whatever.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: HONK HONK
« Reply #3406 on: March 04, 2021, 12:29:08 pm »

"Well this sucks, where am I supposed to drool fluids now? Oh well, can you put some fleshpunk songs on the radio, Car Ed?"
"Yeah, nah. I'm not really into the whole new wave meatpunk music."

Once everyone is inside Pushbot (now wearing Edward's jumpsuit and sidearm) stands at attention in the crew compartment. Pointing at various things as Ed lists them.

"Welcome everyone to the EdPC, courtesy of our Omnitech overlords. We will be leaving momentarily for beautiful Neo-Detroit, population who even knows and current weather being sunny with about a 23% chance of horrible reality warping anomalies and/or mutated monstrosities.

Here in the back half of the vehicle you will find a storage area, a few  bunk beds, the kitchen, the toilet, and a fold out surgical theater. Up front in the command half you will find several computers, turret controls, main gun controls, and other such things. Please refrain from touching the weapons systems while we are en route, I can take care of those myself. Pushbot will be on standby to strangle anyone downloading malware onto the computers.

Please keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all times, which shouldn't be hard because I'm pretty sure the only exit is the hatch on top.
Next stop: Ann Harbor. Remember: your best bet, is driving Ed."

Pushbot then goes up to the front section and sits in the driver's seat.

"Reactor, online
Sensors, online
Weapons, online
All systems nominal. Pusbot, let's git."

And with that, we are off the Ann Harbor. Play some music for our maiden voyage. Play it at a reasonable level inside, blast it from the speakers on the outside. Hi-ho silver, awaaaaay.

Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3407 on: March 05, 2021, 12:22:53 am »

((So pan is going to play as teh tank, and then as the robot when the tank is not moving?))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: March 05, 2021, 08:55:49 am »

((So pan is going to play as teh tank, and then as the robot when the tank is not moving?))
((Just the tank, I think. Pushbot is more like a drone I can give commands to, but I can't assume direct control of him/put Ed's mind into pushbot as far as I know))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3409 on: March 05, 2021, 05:35:40 pm »

"Well this sucks, where am I supposed to drool fluids now? Oh well, can you put some fleshpunk songs on the radio, Car Ed?"

SAM will try to grow sharp hedgehog-lie spikes all over her body to ward off hungry mutants and fisherman. Then start chewing on one of the seats to pass voyage time if her songs aren't played.

EDIT: BITE OFF HANDS OF ANYONE WHO TRIES TOUCHING THE DOGGO WITHOUT CONSENT THEN CHEW THE HANDS AND SPIT THE BONES BACK AT THEIR FACE FOR DARING TO TOUCH THE SAM

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[1] -1 flesh
Sam grows extremely fluffy and touchable fur. Its shiny and lovely and wonderful and not at all dangerous in any way.

Ask questions:
1. Have there been any observations of coherent religious beliefs popping up among the inhabitants of either the yellow or orange zones? If so, what are their details and/or objects of worship?
2. What can we expect as far as how HELL-infused objects will react with the various sorts of reality distortions?
3. What could be summarized as the average mental state of an inhabitant of the yellow zone?
4. Is there any commonality to how the reality distortion affects people in the yellow and orange zones, or is it mostly patternless?
5. Have any incidences of thought forms such as, er, the one involving gambling that we encountered recently been observed as manifesting in any of the zones with any degree of frequency?

Lastly, OOC question: Is it too late for me to retroactively get some ammo for my minigun, and if not, how much OMNI would it have cost me for what use die? This question may be edited as I check back in the mission. EDIT: It was a d12 use die, but the ammo was built into Wilfred's robot body, so I imagine it would be less now.

Other than that, EEEDD's ready to go!

Spoiler: EEEDD (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Congregation of ED (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: STANpool (click to show/hide)

Pay 35 OMNI (adding to loan shark debt) to buy enough ammo for d12 on the minigun. Rest of post edited in later.
Alrighty

Watch feeds that might hint at potential threats on the west side of the city, particularly along 96, 14, Westland, and Livonia.
Also give Baldwin 8 Omni for a fishing rod if Radio doesn’t.

Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
[5]
It quickly becomes clear that main roads cease to be terribly meaningful the deeper one goes in. In particular Ji notes that, somewhere near 275 and 96 intersection, the roads have been ripped from the earth and twisted upwards in a helix, half melted in the process. Livonia is uncertain, but the only shot he sees that he can definitely place in Westland is a hectic street fight between men wearing a mix of military gear and inhuman skins and what look like animate mannequins and clothing.  To say that there are potential threats in the area seems...obvious.

((Heydude, limit yourself to one action post per turn. If you need to change something, edit your post rather than making a new one. Also make sure to bold all actions (I don’t know if you have been or not). All this makes it easier for PW to keep track of everything.))

Ok, Aggregating action posts. I've been pretty good about bolding my actions thankfully.

1.Watch the TV broadcast again. This time, make note of the groups who seem the most organized or have the most-powerful weaponry. Note where they were last seen on the map.
2. Use the 400 OMNI given to me by SAM to buy a Reactive Fabric cape
3. Grab an OMNITECH electrical behavior modification implant and an Isolation suit from the loot pile. Sell the suit for OMNI. Hold onto the implant in case Sam changes their mind about letting me install it.
4. If I have enough OMNI, from selling stuff or through gifts, buy a good Fishing rod for 8 OMNI
5. Ask the following questions:
Spoiler: Questions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
1.[2] Despite Baldwin's best efforts he cannot discern distinct groups amongst the chaos of the Orange zone.  Oh sure he sees small groups and parties, but he can't fit the individual groups into any larger ones.
2. Ok.
3. Ok. 30 Omni.
4. Ok. Done.
5. The satellite uplink might be used to do that. Though it would need some software modifications and careful use.

stow the gun for now, and check if I have a picture of what the girl looks like, either way see if I can make my way into the club, looking for alternate entrances if the Bouncers are... uncooperative.
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
Anya puts the gun away and checks her pockets. There's a polaroid picture of a young girl in one of them: Brown hair, maybe 14-15, pretty but somewhat plain. Wearing glasses that don't really fit her.
[1]
Anya walks up to the bouncers and announces. "I want in. And I should get what I want.  AND IF I DON'T, I'M GONNA GIVE YA BOTH A PUNCH IN THE EYE!"
[3]
The bouncers don't waste a moment to laugh and instead the nearest one just throws a punch straight at Anya's head. She ducks the blow and scampers a few steps back.

1) For the Biorhythm tracker, is there an equivalent for the DNA 'sampling method' but for robots, like an electromagnetic fingerprint or something?
1. Not as is.
And could it be upgraded/modified to do this? If yes, what would be needed? And would this count as the 1 modification of the suit, or is it the 1 mod for this part of the kit?

2. If you're fighting a creature for more than one turn, you gain, in order by number of extra turns fighting, 1. Increase damage dealt by 1 die level, 2. Gain advantage on to-hit, 3. Gain advantage on Damage roll as well.
Neato! And the analysis can't begin until a fight has started I guess? Meaning that if I just observe an enemy for a turn it doesn't do much?

3. Sure. [1] Scanner destroyed.
Blast! Total loss or can it be salvaged if I try with a toolbox charge? If yes, try it.
If no, or if it fails again, buy a new one (50 omni).

For eg. the shotgun, is a 2d6 attack 1 attack with the sum of the rolls, or two individual rolls with independent damage (aka 2 life rolls)?

Loan 8 omni Baldwin if needed. Gonna have to say nay to the isolation suit though if it's just for selling.

Then help shove any stragglers into the EdPC and get in myself as well, front half. Familiarize myself with the consoles and such.

EDIT: also don't let Bob have the kelp!

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
1. Yes. Tech. Mod to the kit, not the full suit.
2. You don't have to be directly involved, but the enemy does have to be aggressive. It can't just be standing around. The system needs to see how it moves and works to know how to undermine it.
3. Its Dead jim. -50 Omni, new one bought.

Go grab on of those camera pod things and see if I can't make a video camera out of it using a tool kit charge, you know so we can film our wonderful vacation.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
[6][6]
Burt turns one of the camera pods into a hand held video camera. He even modifies it to constantly stream the data back to an OMNITECH server.

Eat all the fish food Yagyu just bought. All ten pounds of it.

Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)
Yagyu stands on Bob's snout and prevents him from moving or snacking. Bob squirms angrily but cannot open his mouth.  He bangs the floor with all four claws.

Only question is "what counts as overuse for the neuron reconfig helmet?"  Is it like 1 swap per mission?  Or more "each person gets from 1-6 safe uses ever"?

Ok, mechanically it works like this. When you use it the first time I roll a d4. You get that many "Free" rolls. After that, I start rolling a d4. The "Bad shit happens" roll is 1+number of times nothing has happened.  So first time you need 1 for it to go wrong, second you need 1 or 2, etc.

So basically, you get a max of 8, min of 1 before you get some brain damage.

"You really think they're gonna want to trade for fucking fish flakes? They're not that starving, something that actually kinda resembles palatable food woulda been a better investment probably. Unless everyone in Neo-Detroit happens to mutate into fish people between the briefing and now. Which wouldn't surprise me."

Help Burt Burt make his camera thing. Hand him tools, hold the flashlight, get yelled at, whatever.

Edward decides to work as "hype man" and just hops around shouting about how well Burt is making that camera.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3410 on: March 05, 2021, 05:36:28 pm »

"Yeah, nah. I'm not really into the whole new wave meatpunk music."

Once everyone is inside Pushbot (now wearing Edward's jumpsuit and sidearm) stands at attention in the crew compartment. Pointing at various things as Ed lists them.

"Welcome everyone to the EdPC, courtesy of our Omnitech overlords. We will be leaving momentarily for beautiful Neo-Detroit, population who even knows and current weather being sunny with about a 23% chance of horrible reality warping anomalies and/or mutated monstrosities.

Here in the back half of the vehicle you will find a storage area, a few  bunk beds, the kitchen, the toilet, and a fold out surgical theater. Up front in the command half you will find several computers, turret controls, main gun controls, and other such things. Please refrain from touching the weapons systems while we are en route, I can take care of those myself. Pushbot will be on standby to strangle anyone downloading malware onto the computers.

Please keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all times, which shouldn't be hard because I'm pretty sure the only exit is the hatch on top.
Next stop: Ann Harbor. Remember: your best bet, is driving Ed."

Pushbot then goes up to the front section and sits in the driver's seat.

"Reactor, online
Sensors, online
Weapons, online
All systems nominal. Pusbot, let's git."

And with that, we are off the Ann Harbor. Play some music for our maiden voyage. Play it at a reasonable level inside, blast it from the speakers on the outside. Hi-ho silver, awaaaaay.

Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)

And with that I think its time for you to depart!

The elevator suddenly jerks to a halt and the shuttle grumbles and vibrates as its engines kick on.

Good luck out there. Just let us know if you need some guidance! No rush. Have fun.  Oh and a final word to the wise: We've sent agents in there before. Most rush towards the center, presumably to check the issue directly.  So far none have returned.  Do be careful, and consider your limitations. It would be unfortunate for us to have to form security team C.

The the holographic map flicks off and the guide bot skitters into the corner and curls up in an out of the way position. The shuttle lifts slowly at first, the great bulk of the EdPC and its human cargo clearly requiring a lot of force to overcome. But after a few moments of slow rising it rapidly speeds up, gaining height for several moments before the engines shift forward and the shuttle rockets off towards an unseen horizon.  The flight takes maybe an hour and during that time they are shot at no less than 3 times, bullets pinging off the belly of the shuttle in rapid succession.  The shuttle itself, in a synthetic voice, instructs everyone to board the EdPC at one point and waits for them to do so, circling widely while they do so.  Once they're all in the vehicle and strapped in the shuttle banks hard and then seemingly drops into freefall, occasionally jerking under rocket bursts until it jerks with one last hard deceleration and the bottom falls out of under the EdPC. The EdPC drops a good 10 feet onto asphalt and then rumbles under the down blast of four rocket engines as the shuttle screams back into the sky, disappearing within moments.

Ahead, maybe a half mile out, is the squat outline of a complex of concrete and metal buildings, massive bunkers and reinforced military structures that the map has labeled "ALPHA BASE". They're facing directly east, on the 94. The area around here seems...well mostly normal. The road is in bad disrepair and overgrown with tall grass and the encroaching roots of trees that line it, but it really could be any disused road in America. Ann Arbor is not even visible from here, though the smoke from it is. Countless fingers of black smoke rise from somewhere beyond the horizon, blurring together into a hazy cloud above the unseen city. And far beyond that, still many miles away, is Neo Detroit. That city is not visible either- its center still roughly 50 miles away- but the disaster at its heart is. Rising to the east is a tornado, a hurricane, a volcanic plume and a mushroom cloud all in one:clouds the color of raw meat churn and pour upwards, crashing against the black sky and flowing out in all directions. Purple white lightning strobes through the innards of the inverted mountain of clouds, occasionally ripping its way out and streaking 20 or 30 miles across the sky in a blazing fractal ribbon of flame before flickering away. Inside the clouds the shadows of things can be seen, too dense to be clouds but too hazy to be made out, their outlines lit by lightning.

As they watch the clouds suddenly bunch and thicken, swelling grotesquely as firey light gathers within, rays of red and orange reaching out like searching limbs. For minutes this continues, growing brighter and larger until finally the clouds collapse back inwards with a sound of thunder that reaches them nearly  half a minute later, still loud enough to rattle their teeth. As the clouds squeeze back in a crown of lightning races out in all directions, and for several seconds the entire sky is as bright as an arc lamp. A noise like a scream or a steam whistle reaches them instantly, far to fast for real sound to travel. It screams with shrill violence for several moments before dying away with a rumbling gurgle. Ahead, the military base rings with a distant siren and flashing emergency lights flicker red and white.

The EdPC takes off towards Alpha Base, quickly getting up to full speed as metal studded wheels shred through the undergrowth. They reach it within a few minutes and grind to a halt at the outer gates. Sharp metal barricades and 9 foot concrete walls stretch off towards the north and south, blocking off all a heavy gate that cuts across the road. Before anyone can get out or start shouting the gate slides open just enough for the EdPC to get through and then slams shut as soon as it enters.  Alpha base is big as far as  these border bases go; dozens of embedded concrete bunkers along with at least double that number of prefab metal buildings lined up in rows and clusters. Soldiers, both in full gear and more casual fatigues, are running about in a sort of well disciplined panic. Some are moving vehicles into buildings or bunkers, others are shifting pallets of goods or covering external machinery or power generators with tarps. Another cascade of lightning  rips across the sky, casting everything in harsh relief of hard shadows and blinding illumination. The scream comes again and the monitors in the EdPC flicker with static for a moment. 

A soldier in full gear runs up to the front of the EdPC and gestures wordlessly for it to follow him before he runs towards one of the bunkers. The bunker's entrance is a downward sloping concrete ramp into a large underground chamber off of which branch other rooms. The soldier leads them to a side room and motions for them to park before walking round to the side door and knocking. Through the layers of armor everyone can hear him shout.

"You picked a hell of a time to show up. Whoever's in charge in there should come with me, I'll take you to the CO."

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Clouds like raw meat
« Reply #3411 on: March 05, 2021, 05:40:04 pm »

"That's you they're talking about Yakitor Frenchguy."

Scrap the floof to get Flesh back, SAM will never be pettable. Then ask the solider if they have any burgers lying around.

Edit: Bite off Rob's leggies if he attacks Bob, us pets have to show solidarity to each other

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 02:23:24 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: March 05, 2021, 06:34:57 pm »

"Well, at least we showed up at the right time." Yagyu said as he climbed out the top of the EdPC.

"Allright gents, I'll go see what the brass has to say, the rest of you... play nice and make friends, don't run off too far, I'll be back in a jiffy. Maybe see if you can help with something before whatever has them up in arms comes crashing down on us."

Follow the soldier to wherever he's taking me. Also observe their reaction to the strange form of the auditor, do they seem surprised?

By the way, can I fire the EdPC shells using the ferromagnetic accelerator? What about things like grenades and such? If yes, how does their damage change compared to what it is normally?

((Note: I’ll be keeping a link to the annotated map, as well as Paris’ amazing interactive one, in my char sheet for easy reference.))

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 05:44:11 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3413 on: March 05, 2021, 06:58:52 pm »

Have a camera drone land on Yagyu to keep an eye on him, just in case they try to kidnap him or something.

Send another drone out to watch the show. If this is a regular occurrence it might be worth knowing more about.

If anyone is around, try to start a conversation in the hopes of learning more about what's going on: "Does this happen often?"

« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 02:06:16 am by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3414 on: March 05, 2021, 07:35:24 pm »

EEEDD's fingers dance like sausage-legged spiders in anticipation. This truly was a miraculous place! Without a doubt many revelations of ED would be found here.

"Quickly, fellow employees - let us say a prayer of benediction to the benevolent servant of ED that has generously taken command of our mode of transport, so as to ensure an auspicious start to our vacation!"

Give ritualistic thanks to EdPC, Mechanicus-style. Consult Blessed 888-Ball for ED's guidance on what the best way to the hearts of these soldiers will be. Then exit the vehicle (if the soldiers allow it) and look around for people suffering from back pain or a lack of spiritual fulfilment (the two are somewhat intertwined).

Spoiler: EEEDD (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Congregation of ED (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: STANpool (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things done (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 08:51:04 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: March 05, 2021, 08:09:46 pm »

If I’m allowed to talk to them yet, ask if they have any spare ammunition they can part with. Any kind of ammunition. Varmit rounds, mortar shells, odds and ends they don’t use, maybe uneven amounts that need rounding off.

Also, it’s a long shot, but are they willing to part with any antitank weapons that are small enough for me to use? If not, are there any other weapons they’d be willing to lend us or trade for?

Edit- also go sit on Bob’s mouth until Yag gets back

Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 01:03:13 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Ed, Ed, EED, and another Ed
« Reply #3416 on: March 05, 2021, 09:10:02 pm »

Since Yagyu forgot to take the fishfood or Bob with him, demonstrate what happens when one fails the Fox, Hen, and Seed river crossing puzzle. Eat all the fish food Yagyu just bought. All ten pounds of it.

Edit: naturally, Bob has no idea what Baldwin is saying so he will bite his attacker. Attempt to grab him with the tentacle first, of course. Once his attacker is pacified, Bob will continue on his quest for snack.

Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 01:01:08 am by Ozarck »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3417 on: March 05, 2021, 09:43:30 pm »

Threaten Bob with my occult ceremonial knife. Attack him if he continues to try to eat the fishfood

"Hey! If you step any closer to that, I'll gut you with this. Sure, there's only a 1 in 4 chance that it will actually do anything to you, but are you feeling lucky? You might have a H.E.L.L of a time..."

"Besides, you don't want to eat that crap."

Baldwin shows off his brand new fishing rod, covered in various bells and whistles.

"With this baby, I'll be able to catch all sorts of wonderful fish for you. But I'll only be able to do that if you leave the bait intact. Otherwise, they won't swim anywhere near us. I know you're just a gator, but you understand how to fix computers, surely you can understand this?"

If he complies, pat him on the head.

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)

((Have not added new items to inventory yet. Will edit in later))
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3418 on: March 05, 2021, 10:03:23 pm »

"Ah, I see that you also have a knife, my black-suited friend! Would you like to compare its size with that of mine? I am led to believe that this is a common bonding activity among adult peers."

EEEDD brandishes his own knife with an innocent smile.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3419 on: March 06, 2021, 01:06:54 am »

((Heydude, Bob is a crocodile or alligator. He doesn't understand words, or promises, or fishing rods. He does understand threats though, and reacts in a very crocodilian way to them. I don't mind if you want to threaten Bob or attack him, but perhaps just getting the food out of reach and out of mind would be a better option, if ten pounds of worthless dried kelp matters to you at all.

Also, you could just PM Radio on the Discord to have him edit his action to hide the snacks better. Bob doesn't even get rolls when Yagyu is involved, so that'd probably be the most effective method.))
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 334