Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 481967 times)

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: The Shocker
« Reply #3360 on: March 02, 2021, 11:27:09 am »

Look around the desk, and check if I have an inventory, if so check what is inside the inventory
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: March 02, 2021, 12:26:28 pm »

Explore the EdPC a bit. Look for a coffee maker.

Do the doors and other openings seal air/water tight? Both for driving underwater and/or protecting from poison gas.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Detroit has a beach
« Reply #3362 on: March 02, 2021, 12:49:28 pm »

Assuming cable is bought, Baldwin performs the analysis he tried last time.

Baldwin also makes a request to see some live footage of the TV violence in the orange zone. His goal is to get a better feel for how the reality warping shenanigans in the anomaly manifest. Does his occult training give him any deeper understanding of what's going on? Maybe other reality warping incidents were covered as case-studies in his classes.

Spoiler: Rob (click to show/hide)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: March 02, 2021, 12:53:07 pm »

Play some relaxing music for my passengers while everyone prepares.
Us my sattelite uplink to OMNITECH to browse around. I'm assuming it connects to some kind of internet/intranet browser. If it doesn't, just call a random number in the OMNITECH network instead.

On the off chance the big cheeses want to head out this turn already, our first destination is Ann Harbor.

Ask if crew can fire the tanktrain's guns.  Our AI pilot is shit with guns.
((Just saw this. For the record, the guns roll Tech for me, Guns if any of you guys use them))

Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 12:55:50 pm by Pancaek »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: March 02, 2021, 03:18:55 pm »

Ask questions:
1. Have there been any observations of coherent religious beliefs popping up among the inhabitants of either the yellow or orange zones? If so, what are their details and/or objects of worship?
2. What can we expect as far as how HELL-infused objects will react with the various sorts of reality distortions?
3. What could be summarized as the average mental state of an inhabitant of the yellow zone?
4. Is there any commonality to how the reality distortion affects people in the yellow and orange zones, or is it mostly patternless?
5. Have any incidences of thought forms such as, er, the one involving gambling that we encountered recently been observed as manifesting in any of the zones with any degree of frequency?

Lastly, OOC question: Is it too late for me to retroactively get some ammo for my minigun, and if not, how much OMNI would it have cost me for what use die? This question may be edited as I check back in the mission. EDIT: It was a d12 use die, but the ammo was built into Wilfred's robot body, so I imagine it would be less now.

Other than that, EEEDD's ready to go!

Spoiler: EEEDD (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Congregation of ED (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: STANpool (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 03:29:29 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3365 on: March 02, 2021, 06:55:58 pm »

"Well that's all I needed to know, dibs on the window seat since I'm a dog horror thingie now."

Get inside the EdMobile, pass the time while non-flesh horrors are getting ready by trying to make teeth even sharper for extra damage. Put on the show Ji just paid for in one of those little screens they have to watch along the trip.

Also, shift one level of dex to speed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Attack to d6 (bite)

Ok

Yeah, buy a basic robotbody with the money Ji gives Wil.

Ask if we're still getting paid for this "Vacation".

Inspect hardsuit.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Ok
Yes
Yes, though he will be using his Technology skills for when he shoots them.

Where the Auditor is a strangely alien thing that you might imagine crawling out of a deep sea crypt, the Hardsuit is a pleasantly human and simple thing. It looks like a person albeit far wider, thicker, and taller, an exaggerated line back apparently constructed out of slabs of white metallo-ceramic armor laid on a barely glimpsed metallic undercarriage. Its 8 or so feet tall when fully upright, its legs oddly stumpy compared to its arms and its body top and back heavy due to the double rocket jump pack embedded between the shoulder blades. When in rest mode it lowers itself down to its knees and knuckles, allowing the rider to climb inside. The armor plates of the massive  headless "shoulders" retract and slide out of the way, a half dozen layers of armor, metallic skeleton, and displays opening like a flower to let the pilot crawl in. Inside a fluid pressurized cushion suit encompasses him and whiplash braces lock onto his skull to prevent him bouncing around inside the suit.  The thing is basically a space suit wrapped in a powered exoskeleton wrapped in multiple layers heavy armor. It can jump 60 or so feet with its jump jets and move at about 25 miles an hour skimming across the ground using boot jets and jet pack.

1. Lets do 130.
1) Don't you mean [100/2]+30=80? Since it can't be more than starting price (which is 100)?

Looks ok, but shove those bases outside the yellow zone. They're on the edge, not inside. Or don't and just understand that.
2) Does this look better:

3) Do we have DNA samples of any of those employees? Maybe from a government biometrics database or something?

4) Can we get access to up-to-date satellite imagery?

5) Can we hack the unmanned drones of the tv networks, or would that open up OMNI to too much 'legal liability'?

6) Can we use/order around that shuttle after it sets us off? Or is it for extraction only?

Depends. Food, medicine, weapons, ammo are all universally useful and good trade. Leaders might have more specific desires, but that is something you'll have to find out.
7) Can we get some basic foodstuffs and meds for trading, or do we need to buy that ourselves?

8) How would you like to handle the items of dead peeps, should we keep doing it the way we did the previous mission, or would you like us to handle that some other way?

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

1. yes
2.Yes
3.[2] Sadly no.
4. Yes, but it sort of falls apart in the red zone. Orange zone is somewhat sketchy but generally ok.

5. Just don't make it obvious you're omni employees doing it. Drones get hacked and shot down a lot. One more won't matter so long as you aren't intentionally advertising your presence and actions.
6. ...To a degree. It won't take you further than the edge of orange zone.
7. We're not a charity here, Mr. Yagyu.
8. Your items are your items. If we want them, we will take them. Otherwise, do as you wish.

If we find any artifacts do we get to keep them?
Is there anything to stop us from killing everybody we meet?
Are we allowed to get pets from this place and bring them back?
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)

1. Depends. Probably, but as with all things, OMNI owns them if they want to. They'll compensate you at least.
2. Traditional morality I suppose? Beyond that, killing military could result in OMNI denying continued affiliation and you losing any aid. Angering the locals could result in understandable reprisals.
3. Not unless you can prove they originate beyond the zone.

Look around the desk, and check if I have an inventory, if so check what is inside the inventory
Anya checks her pockets. Nothing. But when she checks the desk she finds a bunch of little things. She pulls a little ceramic skull out of the desk and a label hovers above it while its in her hands. "RADIATION BURN" it says in glowing green letters, and the skull begins burning with green fire. There are lots of these little objects, including die cast cars, little metal people, a mini handgun, a treasure chest, a floating jewel, etc.

Explore the EdPC a bit. Look for a coffee maker.

Do the doors and other openings seal air/water tight? Both for driving underwater and/or protecting from poison gas.

The EdPC is broken into two general areas: The "Command" front half and the "Auxiliary" second half.  The command half has the armored cockpit, which can be completely closed off from the rest of the vehicle, and several substations with computers, turret access, and systems to allow use of the Launcher's camera pods and the like.  The rear section contains a storage area, a few tightly packed bunk beds mounted to the wall, tiny kitchen, a built in toilet, and a fold out surgical theater.  There's no coffee maker, but the storage does have packets of instant coffee and metal cups.

The doors and such seal, though it gets air from the outside via a filtration system. It will hold against water and airborne issues but isn't  made for long term air tight use.

Assuming cable is bought, Baldwin performs the analysis he tried last time.

Baldwin also makes a request to see some live footage of the TV violence in the orange zone. His goal is to get a better feel for how the reality warping shenanigans in the anomaly manifest. Does his occult training give him any deeper understanding of what's going on? Maybe other reality warping incidents were covered as case-studies in his classes.

Spoiler: Rob (click to show/hide)
[6]
Rob watches the streams for a while, clicking around between the drones looking at the various events occurring.

"Looks like the orange zone has a pretty wide variety of manifestations. Impossible diseases, mutations, transmutation of materials, strange weather, nightmare beings, prolonged physics anomalies, shifting of physical “parameters” like size, age, speed, etc. I mean see this guy?"

Rob points to a 12 foot tall metal abomination that seems to be made of braided lamp posts and stop lights that is currently swatting blood coated cannibals down the road.

"I don't think that's normal."

Play some relaxing music for my passengers while everyone prepares.
Us my sattelite uplink to OMNITECH to browse around. I'm assuming it connects to some kind of internet/intranet browser. If it doesn't, just call a random number in the OMNITECH network instead.

On the off chance the big cheeses want to head out this turn already, our first destination is Ann Harbor.

((Just saw this. For the record, the guns roll Tech for me, Guns if any of you guys use them))

Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)
EdPC plays Musak while checking the internet. The uplink was supposed to be used for maintaining communications with base but he mostly uses it to browse video streaming sites.

"Ha, funny man fall down."

Ask questions:
1. Have there been any observations of coherent religious beliefs popping up among the inhabitants of either the yellow or orange zones? If so, what are their details and/or objects of worship?
2. What can we expect as far as how HELL-infused objects will react with the various sorts of reality distortions?
3. What could be summarized as the average mental state of an inhabitant of the yellow zone?
4. Is there any commonality to how the reality distortion affects people in the yellow and orange zones, or is it mostly patternless?
5. Have any incidences of thought forms such as, er, the one involving gambling that we encountered recently been observed as manifesting in any of the zones with any degree of frequency?

Lastly, OOC question: Is it too late for me to retroactively get some ammo for my minigun, and if not, how much OMNI would it have cost me for what use die? This question may be edited as I check back in the mission. EDIT: It was a d12 use die, but the ammo was built into Wilfred's robot body, so I imagine it would be less now.

Other than that, EEEDD's ready to go!

Spoiler: EEEDD (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Congregation of ED (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: STANpool (click to show/hide)

1. There have been several cults that popped up in and around the yellow and orange zones. Coherence is subjective, but some are relatively long standing. Ask the locals for more info.
2. Unknown. This is unrelated to HELL but reality warping is hard to predict. 
3. Depends on their time there and their state when entering. Homicidal is a good assumption, though some will be willing to put their murderous lusts on hold for the chance of fulfilling other desires.
4. So far we haven't found one. But this does not preclude it from existing.
5. Hard to say. Beings are known to manifest in the orange zone commonly. Their origin, beyond spawning from the distortion, is unknown.

Assume you have d6 ammo in the gun, and it would cost 35 Omni to get an extra pack to bump it to d12.

Anything else?

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: March 02, 2021, 07:52:12 pm »

Question: How much heat do the warlords pack? In a level of 1 to small megacorp.

Open up a window and poke head out, then put tongue out when the EdMobile starts moving.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 09:50:54 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3367 on: March 02, 2021, 08:16:52 pm »

Get a cup of instant coffee. Find a nice comfy spot next to the flesh horror blob.
"Ready to go."

Edit: Is it too late to run and buy some nutrient paste? 10 portions for 10 omni? Might come in handy for trading with the locals.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 09:56:58 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3368 on: March 02, 2021, 09:05:57 pm »

INTERACTIVE MAP OF DETROIT
You can click on it to add points of interest.

"So, Ed boy, I see you got yourself a shiny new body? How does it feel to be a taxi?"
"Feels pretty good, honestly. All the extra armour and cannons give me a nice peace of mind, for now."

"Tour bus!" Pathos corrects Yagyu while admiring his handiwork.
"Hey, mister roboto, I know you're a big deal and all now but I'd really appreciate if you could refrain from vandalizing my body."
"Vandalizing? Improving, more like. People have no appreciation for art these days."

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3369 on: March 02, 2021, 10:46:28 pm »

Rob watches the streams for a while, clicking around between the drones looking at the various events occurring.

"Looks like the orange zone has a pretty wide variety of manifestations. Impossible diseases, mutations, transmutation of materials, strange weather, nightmare beings, prolonged physics anomalies, shifting of physical “parameters” like size, age, speed, etc. I mean see this guy?"

Rob points to a 12 foot tall metal abomination that seems to be made of braided lamp posts and stop lights that is currently swatting blood coated cannibals down the road.

"I don't think that's normal."

"So, is there anything protecting us from turning into that? Seems like we're at the whims of fate here."

Baldwin takes another nervous puff. The smoke ring has become increasingly erratic and the colours are flashing quickly enough to give someone a seizure.

"I think I have an idea though. If we can get access to cable in the EDPC, we'd be able to see a live feed of most of the things going on in the orange zone. That way, if there are any dangerous folk near us, we'd be able to see them coming. Sometimes..."

What do the technologically minded think of the idea?

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)

((added the extra stuff and changed the nickname again. He goes by his last name now))
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: March 02, 2021, 11:03:59 pm »

pick up the handgun and select that game I guess?

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: March 03, 2021, 12:48:56 am »

I’m GTG. For now monitor the feeds to see if anything interesting is happening around Ann Arbor, and if there have been any supply drops nearby.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 01:20:50 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: March 03, 2021, 05:45:33 am »

Get into the vehicle and start looking around and see what kind of things are inside.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: March 03, 2021, 09:09:15 am »

1) For the Biorhythm tracker, is there an equivalent for the DNA 'sampling method' but for robots, like an electromagnetic fingerprint or something?

2) For the Weakness Analysis protocols, how does this work mechanically?

3) Can I have a go at repairing my scanner?

(Got some more stuff I could ask for the mission, but since most people seem ready let's just go and figure it out later.)
Eh screw it might as well. Is uncontaminated water scarce in the zone? If yes (or unsure) then try to scrounge some jerrycans and such and fill them with tap water. If none can be scrounged buy a few for 5 omni.
Use 10 omni to buy as much food and/or medicine in bulk as possible. Shop around for the cheapest option. It just needs to be edible and not need refrigeration, nothing fancy (guessing nutrient paste isn't the cheapest there is, if it is somehow then get that).
Finally use 5 (or 10 if I didn't have to buy the jerrycans)to buy one (or a few) bottle(s) of really nice liquor. In case we find a bigshot with fancy tastes. 

7. We're not a charity here, Mr. Yagyu.
"Not giving your employees the proper resources they need to complete the objectives you set out for them in the pursuit of lucrative R&D opportunities is called being penny wise, pound foolish. I’ll have to make a spreadsheet sometime to prove it. But, so be it."

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 11:16:00 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: March 03, 2021, 10:04:44 am »

"Not giving your employees the proper resources they need to complete the objectives you set out for them in the pursuit of lucrative R&D opportunities is called being penny wise, pound foolish. I’ll have to make a spreadsheet sometime to prove it. But, so be it."
"Just buy some yourself and quit complaining. The Edmobile's got some rations in it anyways if we really need them."
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 334