Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482252 times)

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: The Shocker
« Reply #3300 on: February 24, 2021, 11:20:01 pm »

Coming back to the main area, Anya is honestly a little disappointed Sam hasn't turned into a Lovecraftian nightmare beast in the time she was away
Anya will put a GPS Mag (d4) and handful of tacks in the Lost and Found box and buy 2 more Metalstorm mags (16 Omni)

Anya takes a swig of the cheap booze and lights up a cigarette before walking over to E.E.E.D.D.
"So, what do we have here?" Anya squats down to take a look at the autocannon taking another swig while she examines it "yeah, I can probably fix it, hold my beer."
Anya will pop open her toolkit again to help fix up the autocannon/staff of ED
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 11:55:41 pm by m1895 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Detroit has a beach
« Reply #3301 on: February 24, 2021, 11:26:24 pm »

"It is a holy artifact that I looted - er, recovered, that is - from one of the dangers present in our last mission! I now seek to experiment with this computer putty and see if I cannot make the gun operational via computer, thus bringing my church into the modern day!"

"You wouldn't happen to want to join the Congregation, would you? How do you spell your name?"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: February 24, 2021, 11:56:15 pm »

Anya remembers the ominous messages she got in her promotion
"My name is spelled A-N-Y-A, why? And I suppose I could use some... spiritual protection, what are the uh, strictures and creed of your congregation?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: February 25, 2021, 12:15:33 am »

"Hmm. That Y is awful close to the unsavory, but anyone can be blessed if they show faith. The structure of my faith is quite simple - we seek to acknowledge and spread the sacred name of ED through the cosmos, so that we may be closer to the prime ED that we all hail from. The more E and D letters in your name, which you must earn through displays of faith, the more blessed, and thus protected, you are!"

EEEDD hands over a pamphlet of laminated paper to Anya. This is the full extent of our holy writings if you are interested in reading more. If you wish, I could grant you your first Sacred Letter now!"

Spoiler: The Pamphlet (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: February 25, 2021, 02:43:21 am »

So I've decided to retcon Rob's character a bit. I finally got myself caught up on what was happening in the thread (I can't believe you guys took more than a year for 1 mission) and I noticed that you got all of your occultists killed. A real shame too since Larry was a great character.

Anyway, I thought I'd fill the vacancy this time. Engineer was an awkward fit for an architect character, so I don't think cultist will be any more awkward. For some reason though, I find an occult architect to be more cohesive than an Engineer architect.

Ready to Go

Spoiler: Rob (click to show/hide)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: February 25, 2021, 03:02:06 am »

((I am slowly speccing into an Occult role, but it’ll take a while. Glad to have another spook around!))
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 09:22:34 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: February 25, 2021, 04:53:29 am »

Buy a Passive Personal Shield Generator, some glow sticks, a cognition copier, and a bayonet for a grand total of 905 OMNI, then once that's done attach the bayonet to my shotgun and then I'm ready.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3307 on: February 25, 2021, 05:53:50 pm »

Ya know what? Fuck planned modifications, just fuse with the flesh and become a nightmarish abomination from the ancient manuscripts of ye old sarkicist holy text, a shoggoth thirsting for more meat and bone to consume and grow, bearing the visage of an old deity worshipped by barbarian tribes of flesh shapers from the times of primeval Hyperborea.

or die. Either way Sam is happy.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[2,2]

Get cockblocked, fleshmonger.

I'll take a loan of 500 OMNI, sell the stuff for 877 OMNI and buy that auditor body. As a special favor, can they make it spider-shaped or octopus-shaped? Maybe for a few extra OMNI? My standard paycheck is 850 OMNI so I can afford to take a bigger loan if necessary.

Oh, and of course, if anyone wants to buy that stuff from me instead, I'm happy to sell it to them. Better to keep it in the family security team.

Alright. And as per specifics, see below.

Special installation? No. Its a robo-body like the others so we just download ya. But for features and such, I'll update the Arsenal when I'm at home.

And no customization or any choices or options? Well, let's just get it done then!

Also, can we still use the lvl-up as long as the mission hasn't started? Will you tell us when the last turn for leveling is?

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Oh there are customizations options, I thought you were wondering if we had to cut your limbs off and fuse you to a barely restrained demon or something.  In which case the answer is...only kind of. 

You and Mr. Spider see me in my office. Its called discord. I have to respond to that stack of flapjacks too.

Also last turn to level up is next one.

Check how much I can sell my hammer (1d4 melee) for.

Check how much I can sell my Omni-eye camera for. Originally 50 omni.

Check how much I can sell my Omni-health insurance policy card for. Originally 200 Omni.

Check what is the maximum amount the loan shark is willing to loan to me. I have completed three missions.

Are there any other methods of making money? Is selling organs/limbs an option?

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
500+250 Per mission completed. 1250 for you. Bear in mind that higher debts are dealt with more...bluntly.
Ask the Loan Shark. He might have a specific mission goal he wants done that you can earn extra with.

Ready to Go

Thats one.

"Of course it worked! Would I be able to talk back to you otherwise?"

EEEDD refrains from any further fourth wall acknowledgement so as to avoid encountering any giant skeleton parts that dislike him.

I was planning on trying to convert some NPCs before I left, but that can be taken care of afterwards. Instead I'm just gonna experiment with my computronium, and see if I can't use it to get my looted sentrybot gun-arm working again. Consult experts (experimental department, Bill Pelican) if necessary/I can find them.

Also, be sure to vacate the showers or wherever Sam is. Advertise my betting pool before time runs out.

Once that's done, I'm ready for the brief.

Spoiler: EEEDD (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Congregation of ED (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: STANpool (click to show/hide)
Oh no its self aware.  Also where you're going, there's plenty of would be converts. Especially depending on the path you take.
[1]
EEEDD succeeds on doing nothing but gum the thing up even more. He carries the entire gooey mess over to Bill who looks at it with a grin and then gets to work. He finishes up within about 15 minutes and hands it back to EEEDD. The gun is fixed and the goo is separated out into a pile.

"First one is free." He laughs.

Sam is sadly unable to rise to the occasion so to speak har har.

Purchase a Tentacle (500 OMNI, uses occult, d8 damage). Wear Modified Riot Suit (D6 life?) and Tentacle. Place Spiderbot on head. Wait for someone to glue the bobblehead to the spiderbot. Once these actions are complete Bob is ready.

Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)
Consider it done, including the gluing.

Thats two and three.

Put the security baton and the lizard claw in the Lost and Found box, then ready up.
Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
Done. Thats four.

Coming back to the main area, Anya is honestly a little disappointed Sam hasn't turned into a Lovecraftian nightmare beast in the time she was away
Anya will put a GPS Mag (d4) and handful of tacks in the Lost and Found box and buy 2 more Metalstorm mags (16 Omni)

Anya takes a swig of the cheap booze and lights up a cigarette before walking over to E.E.E.D.D.
"So, what do we have here?" Anya squats down to take a look at the autocannon taking another swig while she examines it "yeah, I can probably fix it, hold my beer."
Anya will pop open her toolkit again to help fix up the autocannon/staff of ED
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
Done. Note it on your sheet please, the LAF box stuff that is.

Five.

So I've decided to retcon Rob's character a bit. I finally got myself caught up on what was happening in the thread (I can't believe you guys took more than a year for 1 mission) and I noticed that you got all of your occultists killed. A real shame too since Larry was a great character.

Anyway, I thought I'd fill the vacancy this time. Engineer was an awkward fit for an architect character, so I don't think cultist will be any more awkward. For some reason though, I find an occult architect to be more cohesive than an Engineer architect.

Ready to Go

Alright. Still five~

Buy a Passive Personal Shield Generator, some glow sticks, a cognition copier, and a bayonet for a grand total of 905 OMNI, then once that's done attach the bayonet to my shotgun and then I'm ready.
Done. Make sure to put it as your actual life die when its being used or you might get ganked at d2 life.

NEXT IS THE LAST TURN BEFORE FORCING YOU INTO MISSION BRIEFING! MAKE IT COUNT OR GET WITH ME ON DISCORD OTHERWISE

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: February 25, 2021, 05:56:23 pm »

BLAH BLAH DEFINITION OF INSANITY BLAH BLAH TRY AGAIN AND DO IT RIGHT THIS TIME
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 06:09:55 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3309 on: February 25, 2021, 07:02:28 pm »

I guess I'll level up speech twice and then I'm ready to go. It's fun being the only one skilled with something. Also, I could team up with EEED and help him with proselytizing.

Edit: Use spray paint to make Bob's spider look prettier and/or more intimidating. Maybe paint some TRON lines on it with the glow paint?

« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 07:28:16 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: February 25, 2021, 08:18:26 pm »

"Thank you, gracious Bill! If you ever need your soul saved or wish to change your name to a spiritually more powerful version, don't hesitate to call on me."

What were the stats for this gun again? d8, I think?
Head on over to the mission briefing, and prepare for shenanigans.

Spoiler: EEEDD (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Congregation of ED (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 11:57:39 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: February 25, 2021, 08:23:21 pm »

I should have edited my original post, but just so you know piecewise, you missed the post I made where I changed Rob to a cultist.

EDIT: Nothing to see here
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 10:19:43 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: February 25, 2021, 10:14:14 pm »

I should have edited my original post, but just so you know piecewise, you missed the post I made where I changed Rob to a cultist.

Ready to Go

No he didn't. Look further down the turn.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: February 25, 2021, 10:18:55 pm »

Thanks. I see now. Sorry about that.

I think I'll take out a 500 OMNI loan from the shark. Buy a ceremonial knife, EMP grenade, and an OMNITECH placed charge.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 10:37:06 pm by heydude6 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: February 26, 2021, 04:52:38 am »

See how many glow sticks are in the pack I just bought, then look through trash cans for loot while I wait for the briefing.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 334