Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482945 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: I can only imagine what Mr. Friend is thinking of all this.
« Reply #3105 on: January 13, 2021, 07:53:31 pm »

((Where is Ed? That's a good question. He was last seen playing the card game. He's safely hiding in the limbo that inactive people go. You can probably find a laundry cart full of your loot if you look for it.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Is it a war crime if you do it accidently?
« Reply #3106 on: January 13, 2021, 09:07:10 pm »

Uhm.  Try to use the helmet to swap gun and Occult again, since the... entity seems to be distracted?  And then use ghost god powers to fix this?  Or maybe just use ghost god powers straight out, if helmet is unusable.  I don't know, man, I barely understand what's happening.  Maybe Wilfred's already dead...?

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: 0.2 FPS
Smell: Disabled.
Hearing: Disabled; speech to text enabled.
Taste: Disabled.
Touch: Disabled.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: I can only imagine what Mr. Friend is thinking of all this.
« Reply #3107 on: January 14, 2021, 04:09:58 am »

((Where is Ed? That's a good question. He was last seen playing the card game. He's safely hiding in the limbo that inactive people go. You can probably find a laundry cart full of your loot if you look for it.))
((Haha, allright, message received.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: MOOK:All Hail the Lowest Bidder
« Reply #3108 on: January 16, 2021, 12:04:46 am »

((Where is Ed?))

An enormous skeletal finger materializes from thin air above Edward's head and proceeds to pin him to the ground like an insect.

I SEE YOU

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)

"Hey Will, now would be a good time for you to do that thingie. Since we're all going to die horribly if you don't and all."

Bang on the door to spell out "LET ME IN" in morse code. Also, shoot anyone who continues to play any you-know-what related games.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
>Continue playing Solitaire.
"HALT FIEND!" Sam shouts, and whips out her side arm. She strikes a pose and fires it down the hall at the Expendaclone.
[3, 4v2]
Her shot catches the clone dead center in the right hand, blowing the...playing utensils out of his grip and injuring him in a definite yet relatively minor way.

"SUCCESS!"
[2] Out of ammo
"FUCK!"

Bob goes into ambush predator mode, settling into the murky depths of the brightly lit, arid hallway. a vaguely fond, yet ultimately unsatisfying memory of a dark room and a large meal drifts into his mind. This thing is noisier than BIG SNACK, but it feels somehow the same. Bob is restless, the dissatisfaction with how little BIG SNACK filled him making him more irritable.

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)
[3, 2]
Everyone loses track of Bob for a moment and the next time they see him he's directly under the...you know...His teeth firmly fastened around the thing's lower jaw. He's dangling from it like a fish on a hook, legs and tail failing lethargically. He doesn't seem to be doing much damage but he definitely has a grip on it.

Code: (senses and blocking of them) [Select]
Sight: Blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Hearing:Text to Speech Earplugs, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Taste:Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Aim foam gun at the creature, hold lit blowtorch in front of it, then shoot at the creature. The idea is to shoot flaming foam at it
[2]
Despite her best efforts tara cannot coordinate her foam shooting and fire holding in such a way as to light the foam on fire.

Is the foam even flammable? Has it been set on fire before? Isn't it meant to restrain things and thus probably chemically inert? Questions for later.

eyy Yagyu, can you hand me my things?

"Yes of course, take it."

Anya's stuff back to Anya. EDIT: check if there's a surprisingly unattended laundry cart full of our crap lying around near us. If yes, give Anya's stuff back, then take my own stuff back as well.

Quickly goop that one guy who insists on engaging in the activity that is making this entity stronger. I'd like to try and do this before he can do it again this turn.

Consider whether fire should still affect this entity, seeing as how bullets don't.

Consider whether us saying something like "we fold em" would make the thing leave us alone or if that would just give it an excuse to pull us into the shadow realm.

If none of that gives me any ideas for how to deal with this thing, try scanning it with the environment scanner to hopefully find something to go on.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
[1v1]
A laundry cart filled with the belongings of a formerly dead woman comes summersaulting in and slams into Yagyu, knocking him to the ground.  Its almost as though a giant unseen hand flicked it into him from off screen. But of course that doesn't make sense because what the hell does "From off screen" even mean in real life. Which this totally is. Yagyu gets up and hands the contents of the cart back to their rightful owner.

He doesn't have to stop expendaclone as that has already been handled.

[2] He has no idea if fire is effective. He considers asking the....thing...what kind of pokemon it is.

[4] This would probably not do anything.

[5] Hmmm the scanner says
ITS A THOUGHT FORM YOU MORON! TRY THINKING AT IT! A LIZARD WITH A BRAIN THE SIZE OF A WALNUT UNDERSTANDS THIS! This scanner is very rude.

EEED exults in the moment. ED must be smiling upon him! Now is time for all who blaspheme the incomprehensible decrees of his god to tremble!

Continue evangelizing at Señor Singing Face with all my might and questionable sanity. Display more exuberance than a pedophilic Pinocchio at an elementary school - ED shall drive this demon out more thoroughly than the ancient god of the Americans exorcised random appliances.

Spoiler: EEED (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: STANpool (click to show/hide)
[3]
EEED's continuous preaching does seem to be having an effect. He isn't harming the...thing...but he is walking forward and the...thing...seems to be being driven backwards at the same rate.

Uhm.  Try to use the helmet to swap gun and Occult again, since the... entity seems to be distracted?  And then use ghost god powers to fix this?  Or maybe just use ghost god powers straight out, if helmet is unusable.  I don't know, man, I barely understand what's happening.  Maybe Wilfred's already dead...?

[1][6v6]
Wilfred tries once again to reach up and activate his special helmet. However his attempts seem to annoy the...thing...as the invisible grip on him tightens to the point that his metal joints creak.
[2]
He next attempts to summon up his ghostly powers...but they fail to activate.

"My....kingdom..for a...spook"

Keep Squirming away.
Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
[4] Ji manages to squirm her way straight out of the thing's grip somehow. She falls to the ground and continues squirming, flopping about like a fish on the beach.

"Hey Will, now would be a good time for you to do that thingie. Since we're all going to die horribly if you don't and all."

Bang on the door to spell out "LET ME IN" in morse code. Also, shoot anyone who continues to play any you-know-what related games.

eyy Yagyu, can you hand me my things?
Stay as far away from the thing as possible
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
"Holy shit I got away from it."
Go find something far from the thing to hide behind.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
Sam, after shooting the...guy doing the thing...turns and pounds on the giant door. Anya presses herself into the corner while reequipping her clothing and various dodads. And Burt dives into the server room and attempts to impersonate a router.

KNOW WHEN TO WALK AWAY

[4v6] EEED suddenly falters in his preaching, rocking back onto one foot as though hit by a great wind.  He mumbles out a few more words but is then unceremoniously tossed down the hall and into the group of people  standing around by the door. About a second later, as everyone is just starting to stand back up, they notice something  flying down the hall at them just like EEED did a moment ago. Its a...two of diamonds. Its coming at them edge first, straight down the center of the hall, spinning like a frisbee. And as it spins, it cleaves into the walls of the hallway, corners cutting through the metal with a rapid "SHICNK SHICNK SHICNK" as it grows closer.

EEED, Yagyu, Sam, and Edward -who is suddenly over here now?- all manage to throw themselves to the ground. Tara and Anya do not. Tara, by sheer dumb luck, manages to point her foam gun at the on coming card: The gun's barrel is split in half  and ruined but the force of the impact also knocks her to the ground and out of the way. Anya is less lucky. The card catches her as she cowers in the corner and takes her head clean off at the shoulders.  The card embeds itself in the door after beheading Anya; it seems to have cut most of the way through.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Ed, Ed, EED, and another Ed
« Reply #3109 on: January 16, 2021, 12:18:56 am »

Death roll Big Snack, Jr. Bob is working up quite an appetite!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Anya confirmed cursed.
« Reply #3110 on: January 16, 2021, 12:23:57 am »

EEED springs to his feet, fire in his eyes and spines in his heart. Not literally, of course.

”Hark, my fellows! See how this foe cannot withstand the force of ED! My only limitation is that I am but one vessel of his holy might! Fellow spine-possessed beings, both Eds and Eds-to-be - join me in calling out to our progenitor! Our voices combined cannot be silenced!”

Continue calling upon ED to smite this foul beast! Try to convince my fellows (especially the Eds) to join my efforts. The more the holier!

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Present Lottery
« Reply #3111 on: January 16, 2021, 02:31:21 am »

Well, it seemed to work with you, so maybe this’ll work, though I’m not an ED, maybe any thoughts against it work?
Tara then stares at the creature, and begins thinking to it, trying to get it to stop attacking
((To the tune of Rickety Tickety Tin))You talk about holding and folding, laundry related terms
Though I’ve no idea what you’re talking about, I have played chess, checkers and other games with turns
If people moving rectangles was how you came to exist
Then why are you harming those whose thoughts you need to subsist, subsist, whose thoughts you need to subsist

There’s others behind that door back there not moving rectangles
There’s others behind that door back there not moving rectangles at all
maybe they’re the ones you should be causing to fall
for if we were killed then you wouldn’t be here at all, at all, never be here at all

What even do you want us to do in regards to holding and folding?
Do you even know entirely why you’re doing what you’re doing?
There’s a group of thoughts called the almighty ED whose power is no doubt growing, growing, whose power is no doubt growing

Does something like ED sound like a thing you want to risk upsetting?
A fellow thought form who will be channeled because of your attacks we’re sending
Attacking us was a mistake
Attacking us was a mistake, mistake, attacking us was a mistake

If you don’t want to dissipate, listen carefully
If you don’t want to dissipate, follow instructions or face your fate
Help us break through that metal door and capture those non rectangle movers within, within, those non rectangle movers within

« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 07:33:42 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: January 16, 2021, 03:24:08 am »

"Allright so apparently this thing ought to respond to thoughts now all of a sudden so let's just all think mean things at it. Please, feel free to join in."

Think the following at it. Also chant it in case people join in so we can coordinate, but most of all think it.
EDIT: if Tara, or others for that matter, use the forbidden words or dangerous gestures then goop them to prevent them from speaking/miming (try to leave the nose free for breathing though).

"Aw shucks,
Go away!
Country sucks,
Please do not stay!"

« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 12:27:35 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: January 16, 2021, 05:59:27 am »

"Hopefully that thing doesn't care about computer stuff."
See if there is anything I can loot while hiding in the server room.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: January 16, 2021, 07:57:41 am »

Consider what "[DOOM]" means. Probably not good. Anything to do with the classic 90s videogame? I can't help but notice that the doom is listed under my attacks, therefor it is an attack I can wield and not a negative status effect, right?

Try to free myself from being pinned by the giant skeletal finger. Perhaps by wiggling.

"Edeeeeeddddddedededeeeedddddddedededeeeeedddddddedededeeedddddddededeeeeedddddededeeeedddddddededeeeeedddddddededeeeeeedddddddededeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedddddddddddddedededeeedddded."

« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 09:17:33 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: January 16, 2021, 09:31:16 am »

Edward will throw his sidearm on the floor and take a few steps back, before thinking the following really hard and saying it out loud at the same time

"I fold 'em
I fold 'em
I Know when I'm beat
I fold 'em
I fold 'em
Now please just retreat

After thinking/saying that, join Yagyu in chanting/thinking in sync. Focus only on the thinking/chanting.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 12:32:42 pm by Pancaek »

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: January 16, 2021, 10:46:58 am »

Sam luckily has a g-minor degree in musicals, time to put that to good use! Mustering all her will and mind into a song.

I'm folding, so please be nice~
I'm folding, so don't make me die
I'm folding, so don't tear off my spine
I'm folding~
I'm folding~

« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 10:49:50 am by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: January 16, 2021, 12:54:08 pm »

Look inconspicuous
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Is it a war crime if you do it accidently?
« Reply #3118 on: January 16, 2021, 02:01:37 pm »

"NO!  I must kill the Derp!  FUCK DERP!"

Wilfred will start screaming "FUCK DERP" at the monster, with all his angry heart, while still trying to reach his helmet and swap guns with occult.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3119 on: January 19, 2021, 08:22:33 am »

Death roll Big Snack, Jr. Bob is working up quite an appetite!

[2]
Bob wriggles back and forth but can't manage to build up the momentum to start a death roll.

"NO!  I must kill the Derp!  FUCK DERP!"

Wilfred will start screaming "FUCK DERP" at the monster, with all his angry heart, while still trying to reach his helmet and swap guns with occult.

[3,3]
Wilfred manages, just barely, to get one arm a bit higher up. He can't touch the helmet yet, but he's closer. It will be easier now.

EEED springs to his feet, fire in his eyes and spines in his heart. Not literally, of course.

”Hark, my fellows! See how this foe cannot withstand the force of ED! My only limitation is that I am but one vessel of his holy might! Fellow spine-possessed beings, both Eds and Eds-to-be - join me in calling out to our progenitor! Our voices combined cannot be silenced!”

Continue calling upon ED to smite this foul beast! Try to convince my fellows (especially the Eds) to join my efforts. The more the holier!

[3]
EEED continues his preaching, walking forward with intent and waving his hands about dramatically. The...you know...actually seems to shrink back from this, twitching and jerking as though under the force of a strong wind or unseen blows.

"Allright so apparently this thing ought to respond to thoughts now all of a sudden so let's just all think mean things at it. Please, feel free to join in."

Think the following at it. Also chant it in case people join in so we can coordinate, but most of all think it.
EDIT: if Tara, or others for that matter, use the forbidden words or dangerous gestures then goop them to prevent them from speaking/miming (try to leave the nose free for breathing though).

"Aw shucks,
Go away!
Country sucks,
Please do not stay!"

[3]
Yagyu's attempts to rhyme and think the creature away come off as rather half hearted.

"Hopefully that thing doesn't care about computer stuff."
See if there is anything I can loot while hiding in the server room.
[1, 4]
Burt sticks his hand into a server case and is promptly electrocuted.

"OW!" he says, jerking his hand back. "That hurt. But, I have no way of knowing if it  will happen every time. Lets be scientific about this."

He tests his hypothesis 8 more times before he concludes that the evidence points to yes, it will shock you every time.

Consider what "[DOOM]" means. Probably not good. Anything to do with the classic 90s videogame? I can't help but notice that the doom is listed under my attacks, therefor it is an attack I can wield and not a negative status effect, right?

Try to free myself from being pinned by the giant skeletal finger. Perhaps by wiggling.

"Edeeeeeddddddedededeeeedddddddedededeeeeedddddddedededeeedddddddededeeeeedddddededeeeedddddddededeeeeedddddddededeeeeeedddddddededeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedddddddddddddedededeeedddded."

Edward is not under a finger. Edward is currently trapped in fatal superposition: existing in all places at once until an attack hits him and verifies his location.

Edward will throw his sidearm on the floor and take a few steps back, before thinking the following really hard and saying it out loud at the same time

"I fold 'em
I fold 'em
I Know when I'm beat
I fold 'em
I fold 'em
Now please just retreat

After thinking/saying that, join Yagyu in chanting/thinking in sync. Focus only on the thinking/chanting.

[2]
Apparently asking the monster nicely to go away isn't the right tactic.
[3]
But thinking that it sucks and SHOULD go away does work. Though Yagyu's attempts fail, Edward's do not. The monster shrinks back even further, flickering like bad tv reception.

Sam luckily has a g-minor degree in musicals, time to put that to good use! Mustering all her will and mind into a song.

I'm folding, so please be nice~
I'm folding, so don't make me die
I'm folding, so don't tear off my spine
I'm folding~
I'm folding~

[1]
Sam sings a...rather defeatist song about how she's giving up and doesn't want to be injured. The Monster seems to immediately solidify again.

Look inconspicuous
Ji leans against a wall and attempts to fade into the background.
[1]
Sadly this only makes her stand out more and be far more obvious. Who would just try and act inconspicuous at a time like this?

Well, it seemed to work with you, so maybe this’ll work, though I’m not an ED, maybe any thoughts against it work?
Tara then stares at the creature, and begins thinking to it, trying to get it to stop attacking
((To the tune of Rickety Tickety Tin))You talk about holding and folding, laundry related terms
Though I’ve no idea what you’re talking about, I have played chess, checkers and other games with turns
If people moving rectangles was how you came to exist
Then why are you harming those whose thoughts you need to subsist, subsist, whose thoughts you need to subsist

There’s others behind that door back there not moving rectangles
There’s others behind that door back there not moving rectangles at all
maybe they’re the ones you should be causing to fall
for if we were killed then you wouldn’t be here at all, at all, never be here at all

What even do you want us to do in regards to holding and folding?
Do you even know entirely why you’re doing what you’re doing?
There’s a group of thoughts called the almighty ED whose power is no doubt growing, growing, whose power is no doubt growing

Does something like ED sound like a thing you want to risk upsetting?
A fellow thought form who will be channeled because of your attacks we’re sending
Attacking us was a mistake
Attacking us was a mistake, mistake, attacking us was a mistake

If you don’t want to dissipate, listen carefully
If you don’t want to dissipate, follow instructions or face your fate
Help us break through that metal door and capture those non rectangle movers within, within, those non rectangle movers within

[6]
Tara seems to have completely confused the monster: her mental assault results in it sort of just hovering in place, cocked slightly to the side in befuddlement. Though it doesn't seem to damage the monster, it does prevent it from acting, even halting the progression of the song momentarily.
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 334