Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 483062 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: MOOK:All Hail the Lowest Bidder
« Reply #3030 on: December 29, 2020, 06:00:53 am »

Continue with original objective: find somewhere I can shut down the defences, either by plugging into a computer or by messing with something mechanical (e.g. cutting power, removing ammo, etc.)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Is it a war crime if you do it accidently?
« Reply #3031 on: December 29, 2020, 07:42:12 am »

"...Does anyone have a spare gun?  God, it was really fucking smart to leave my acid-thrower at home..."

Continue playing Go Fish, I guess.  Try not to think about the fact my legs are my main arms now.  And wear the stupid helmet, maybe I'll swap Guns and Occult to make full use of Wilfred's alien god powers.

Edit: Take a sidearm plus three mags from Yagyu's mausoleum (Larry's, specifically), and also take larry's security rifle.  Is it still loaded?  And does it still function?  I don't recall the circumstances of Larry's death.  I checked back, Larry is the cultist Wilfred accidentally murdered (twice?).  The rifle may or may not be intact, depending on whether or not Wilfred's autoguns destroyed it.  Also, he got it by looting ANGRY DEMON NOISES' last character, who seems to have had full ammo?  AGN doesn't seem to actually track ammo, but I don't think Kenneth used up any.

There's something special about a security team member dying, having his gun looted by a cultist, who then is killed randomly by a different security member (who had already died and come back), but apotheosizes in an attempt to kill said security member, but fails and dies again.  Then said security member goes and dies on his own, gets revived AGAIN, and finally loots the cultist he murdered earlier for the original security team member's rifle.

It's the circle of life?

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: 0.2 FPS
Smell: Disabled.
Hearing: Disabled; speech to text enabled.
Taste: Disabled.
Touch: Disabled.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Ed, Ed, EED, and another Ed
« Reply #3032 on: December 29, 2020, 11:03:36 am »

Go give Wilfred a "welcome back" bite. Then steal all of the fish from the card game.

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: December 29, 2020, 11:18:29 am »

"...Does anyone have a spare gun?  God, it was really fucking smart to leave my acid-thrower at home..."

"I have some sidearms here if you want one. The carbine's out of ammo though unfortunately."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: December 29, 2020, 02:45:57 pm »

Hello, are pointmen applications open right now?
it's over

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: December 29, 2020, 03:15:22 pm »

Hello, are pointmen applications open right now?
((Sure, make a sheet, join the Discord and hop in.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: December 29, 2020, 04:10:41 pm »

"I have some sidearms here if you want one. The carbine's out of ammo though unfortunately."

"Yeah, sure.  Small gun better than no gun.  For all the good it'll do in this hell.  Maybe give me that security rifle too?  I bet someone around here has a spare mag, or maybe I can find one in the wreckage around my last body.   Bodies.  Ugh.  Fuck Derp..."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: December 29, 2020, 04:44:48 pm »

"Why don't you try combining all those pistols into a redneck gatling pistol? Just, like, duct tape them all together and tie the triggers together so they all shoot at the same time."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: December 29, 2020, 06:23:38 pm »

"Yeah, sure.  Small gun better than no gun.  For all the good it'll do in this hell.  Maybe give me that security rifle too?  I bet someone around here has a spare mag, or maybe I can find one in the wreckage around my last body.   Bodies.  Ugh.  Fuck Derp..."

"Sure, take them both. Though I'm not sure if Larry's old security rifle is still any good though..."

((Aka some of Larry's items might be borked but pw never specified which, so you might wanna check before trying to use it.))

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: December 29, 2020, 06:52:44 pm »

« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 06:56:13 pm by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: December 29, 2020, 06:54:16 pm »

((You forgot to up your stats and skills, you have 5 points, each point increases the dice size by 2.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3041 on: December 31, 2020, 10:59:26 am »

"Hey, Janet person. Ya know what's the company's policy on flesh horrors, various types of thingiemorphs and canibalism?"

Now Sam will join the others at playing go fish.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sam joins the card game, draws her cards, and then immediately throws them down while declaring she has a "Full house, with Bob Saget"

Continue playing Go Fish, I guess.  Try not to think about the fact my legs are my main arms now.  And wear the stupid helmet, maybe I'll swap Guns and Occult to make full use of Wilfred's alien god powers.

Edit: Take a sidearm plus three mags from Yagyu's mausoleum (Larry's, specifically), and also take larry's security rifle.  Is it still loaded?  And does it still function?  I don't recall the circumstances of Larry's death.  I checked back, Larry is the cultist Wilfred accidentally murdered (twice?).  The rifle may or may not be intact, depending on whether or not Wilfred's autoguns destroyed it.  Also, he got it by looting ANGRY DEMON NOISES' last character, who seems to have had full ammo?  AGN doesn't seem to actually track ammo, but I don't think Kenneth used up any.

There's something special about a security team member dying, having his gun looted by a cultist, who then is killed randomly by a different security member (who had already died and come back), but apotheosizes in an attempt to kill said security member, but fails and dies again.  Then said security member goes and dies on his own, gets revived AGAIN, and finally loots the cultist he murdered earlier for the original security team member's rifle.

It's the circle of life?

Code: [Select]
Sight: 0.2 FPS
Smell: Disabled.
Hearing: Disabled; speech to text enabled.
Taste: Disabled.
Touch: Disabled.
Wilfred puts on the helmet and continues to play cards with his handfeet.

Oops, late breaking news: Wilfred takes a fully loaded rifle and some ammo from Yagyu's infinite corpse pockets. Whether or not it is a good idea to use a weapon which has seen so many of its owners get murdered will be something we all determine in the future.

Go give Wilfred a "welcome back" bite. Then steal all of the fish from the card game.

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)
Bob bites Wilfred as a form of greeting -even manages to bite him on the metal parts this time- and then saunters into the middle of the card game and starts eating everything organic and a bit of inorganic stuff as well. For flavor.

A hairless, pale, vat grown clone in standard security gear wanders in from the previous sector and salutes  a few random people. The card players wave absentmindedly while Yagyu gives him the usual speech about not touching things that float or listening to the demonic whispers.

"No problem man....oh wait you were talking to the other Edward. Awkward."

Get my camera and broken communicator back from the recently re-embodied Wilfred.

If the other cards players leave, seamlessly switch from go fish to solitaire.

As everyone else focuses on the hallway ahead or other things, keep an eye out behind us. Never know what evil robots or zombies or giant invisible lizards have been following us.

Spoiler: The Other Edward (click to show/hide)
The Other Edward gets his stuff back from Wilfred. He continues playing while also constantly looking over his shoulder.  He asks Edward Prime if he has any fish. Edward hands over a halibut but Bob intervenes and snatches it away.

EEED pops back into existence, having temporarily faded away while considering meta matters.

"I would like to join this game of go fish, fellow EDs! May our dealings be blessed by the Name!

Oh, and if anyone indulging in our actual assignment requires it, I possess a vial of computerization paste that can make a computer out of anything. I am willing to loan this out in exchange for considering the merits of adopting ED into your life."

Go fish! Also lend my Computronium Paste out to people if they need it to hack open a door or etc, but only if I get to either give them an adjustment of the spine or of the soul (the latter being in the form of trying to convince them to convert to EDism).

Spoiler: EEED (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: STANpool (click to show/hide)
EEED, cradling his armful of computer goo like a baby, joins the card game. He startles everyone when he places a human tooth on Bob's snout and declares "King me!"

Impressed mumbles circulate among the group as the traditional paper crown is passed to EEED.

"Hey, Janet person. Ya know what's the company's policy on flesh horrors, various types of thingiemorphs and canibalism?"

Now Sam will join the others at playing go fish.

Look up the corporate policy on security teams consuming corpses/mostly corpses for biomass. File the appropriate paperwork, and check rank on the bodies to make sure we don't delete anyone higher ranked than us.

Janet checks through her contract notebook and finds the correct form.

"Here, form 339-Dingo Kuru Alpha. Authorization for Cannibalism. Make sure to check the boxes that indicate this is for work purposes not personal enrichment and that the corpses were 'No longer of value to the company'"

She hands the paperwork to Sam and reminds him that if he doesn't file that with the nearest auto-bureaucrat ASAP they might get him for both late filing AND cannibalism.

Unless someone needs an engineer I'll join that card came.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
Burt ends up with a very large hand of cards. Mostly because he has 3 cards and then an actual human hand.

Its a big hand.

See if there's a way to access the super structure from this area. Obviously I won't actually go in, but I want to know if it's an option.
Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
There is indeed superstructure access here! Yagyu tells Ji this and then explains that all she'd have to do to reach it is pry up a few metal plates.  And force open a door. And cut off a metal seal.

Check/explore the room I find myself in
Code: (senses and blocking of them) [Select]
Sight: Blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Hearing:Text to Speech Earplugs, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Taste:Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit

The room Tara fell into is quite a boring one. Far less interesting than being cut into many dozen tiny pieces at least.  Its a server room: Its cold, dark, dry, and filled with hundreds of what look like closely packed black monoliths. Immaculate bundles of wire run between the monoliths and into wall sockets. There's a door on the far side of the room which looks like it leads back into the main hall.

"Well damn Edward, I guess you were right, the red one does connect to the green one. Thanks for the help. If you wanna keep gong on your roll, could you perhaps help me program the clone body injector so we can bring Anya back?

Welcome back Wilfred. In case you are confused: you got blown the fuck up by one of the branwashed people. Sorry man." 

Check on the schematics how many more defenses there are in the vent system, which ones they are, and where they are.

Also give guns to Wil.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Yagyu checks the vent schematics.
1. Laser cutting ring. Check.
2. Inert gas fire prevention and asphixyant.
3. Embedded shaped charges near the end of the shaft, triggered by meddling with the grate over there.
4. Indirect filling via bakelite.

"Well damn Edward, I guess you were right, the red one does connect to the green one. Thanks for the help. If you wanna keep gong on your roll, could you perhaps help me program the clone body injector so we can bring Anya back?

"Uh" Edward says, totally sounding competent and confident "Sure, I can give that a shit, probably"

Help Yagyu by programming the clone body injector so we can bring Anya back
[7]
Edward gets the "injector" set up. Its basically a metal dome and base plate into which the brain or computer are placed. They are then destructively "Scanned" and the results uploaded into the organic body. Its pretty simple; all they have to do is put the brain in there. Or in this case, a storage drive with the Brain scan on it.

Continue with original objective: find somewhere I can shut down the defences, either by plugging into a computer or by messing with something mechanical (e.g. cutting power, removing ammo, etc.)

Pathos skitters down into the server room with Tara and attempts to disable the security measures from there.
[10] He gets access and while he can't shut the security systems down, he can grant authorization to the team to enter the main control room. Which he of course does.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: December 31, 2020, 11:08:28 am »

"Hey there, vent crew, there are shaped charges at the end of that shaft, so maybe don't meddle with that particular grate. Seems like you're in the clear otherwise though. Just FYI. 

Also, nice one dealing with the defenses, guess we're about ready to go finish this ordeal. Finally."

There is indeed superstructure access here! Yagyu tells Ji this and then explains that all she'd have to do to reach it is pry up a few metal plates.  And force open a door. And cut off a metal seal.

Remind me, was this superstructure pressurized, or would creating an opening lead to problems for the oxygen-breathers among the team? And can we see any way to go from the superstructure into the command center proper according to the schematics?

Either way, give my stuff aside from the goop thrower, scanner and some sort of poking stick to Edward for the moment. Then inch forward carefully to test if the defenses are indeed disabled, use poking stick liberally, and scoot back quickly if it seems some might not be.

If that doesn't lead to my imminent and chunky demise, go closer slowly till I can see the door to the command room proper (make sure I'm in low FPS mode) and observe, also use scanner along the way to try and detect ambushes before they jump me. Does the command room seem locked or barricaded from what we can see? Any more cultists lying in wait?

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 11:28:28 am by Radio Controlled »

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: December 31, 2020, 12:04:05 pm »

Sam puts on her glasses as she starts filling the form. "Let's see... "Gender". Flesh-fluid "Cause of parents' death." Wanted to see how much LSD I could put on heart medicine before people noticed. "Do you have a history of substance abuse?"...No...."

Fill the form, continue playing the game, those fools don't know Sam is about to put her UNO Reverse Card in attack mode.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: December 31, 2020, 12:27:08 pm »

-snip-
Missing a perfectly good opportunity to gather up all the loose ichthyoids in the area, chuck them at the control room door, and shout "GO FISH" at Bob. You know, for science.
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 334