Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 483133 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: MOOK: Ed, Ed, EED, and another Ed
« Reply #2955 on: December 20, 2020, 09:29:56 am »

"Fucking FINALLY!  My time is now!  Pathos, be ready to turn me off if the chant stops!  And HEY!  CULTIST BASTARDS!  I DON'T GIVE A FUCK WHO YOU WERE BEFORE, YOU'RE ALL DERP TO ME NOW!  FUCK DERP, FUCK DERP, FUCK DERP, FUCK DERP, FUCK DERP, FUCK DERP, FUCK DERP, FUCK DERP, FUCK DERP, FUCK DERP, FUCK DERP, FUCK DERP, FUCK DERP!"

Disable 0.2 FPS mode and enter the door, shooting anything that moves (and isn't still an ally), while screaming invectives.  Once ahead of all teammates, the robot can take over for Wil, and he'll swap back to 0.2 FPS mode.

Also, Pathos is allowed backdoor access into Wil's body.  Wil will not resist his attempts to turn him off.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: 0.2 FPS
Smell: None to speak of~
Hearing: Disabled; speech to text enabled.
Taste: Robots don't eat!
Touch: Pressure sensors apparently don't count.
[1][3v15][4]
Wilfred, enthused to finally have something to do, charges ahead of everyone else to deal with the threats.  He charges straight into the antechamber and spins to the right. He catches sight of a man carrying what looks like some sort of anti-tank weapon and opens up with his cannons. The man ceases to be. However, as Wilfred reduces yet another person to red confetti he doesn't notice the second man who was lurking behind the left corner. That man is carrying a demo charge.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Code: (senses and blocking of them) [Select]
Sight: Blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Hearing:Text to Speech Earplugs, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Taste:Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Go through the door and goop anyone attacking us
"Dibs on any bodies."

Sam will enter the room and see if there's anything of value inside it like weapons, drugs, women, money, drugs, bodies or drugs, but not before waiting for someone else to go inside it and kill everyone first just in case.
Sam and Tara, who were following along a while back, are caught in the blast. Sam gets bowled over and rolls backwards while Tara keeps her footing.  Its lucky they both have hearing protection otherwise they'd no longer have hearing to protect.

Play dead, while still somehow sticking with the group..

Bob

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)
EEED considers this revelation in the midst of his head continuing to ring from the explosion. Everyone around him was aware of all the eyes upon them? Admittedly, he was as well, but not in such a ... visceral sense. He could feel them on his skin, their sight sinking through his pores.

This merited moral consultation.

Meditate upon the fact of our constant surveillance with ED as my guide. I have made it known, but is this state a just or evil thing? Must I unmake it as I do all things of WV? Or instead propagate it, ensuring that nothing is ever unobserved again? What is right?

Oh, and make sure to idly follow the group if they wander off somewhere.

Spoiler: EEED (click to show/hide)
"Quality work as always, Bobman. I'd ask how you managed to produce that bottle of epoxy, but honest to god I'd rather not know. You too Pathos, clean 'splosion.

Making our way through those puppets while remaining at a safe framerate is gonna be... tough. I'll try to get an idea of where they are hiding, maybe we can use suppressive fire to let us advance safely. Will, right now that auto-aim feature would be handy, but please for the love of all that is holy don't just enable it again in the middle of your teammates."

Fishies for Bob. And a head pat, if that won't get my hand bitten clean of.

Poke the scanner around the corner after the (apparently proverbial) smoke clears, first in heat vision mode to try and get a better idea around which corners specifically there are people hiding. Also try other scanning modes if that doesn't give a clear indication.

Are there any side halls or doors close after this doorway we could slip without being in that hallway for very long? In case we wanna try to go for a flank.

That Transient Psychokinetic stimulant that the late Richter had on him, did it survive his death? If yes, could someone use this to simultaneously pull multiple people? Idea being that one person uses this to just pull those people into the hallway after which other people can open fire on them. Oh, and if taken together with a stimulant, could they have an adverse reaction?

Using that flammable fuel, some toolkit charges and maybe those flares, could we make some good molotov cocktails? If yes, are the people waiting to ambush us in throwing range right now (not sure if you gave a distance)? And what would throwing these roll, explosive? Dex? Strength maybe?

Finally, using stuff lying around here, could we make a decently strong shield/barrier that would give good protection against small arms, on wheels so we can push it forward?

((sorry if it's a lot))

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Once the quite literal smoke clears the team moves up into the antechamber and sweeps around. There's not much left here but metal debris and bits of shredded meat. The laser is long gone, along with the hose assembly and everything else. [4] Yagyu digs through the wreckage, kicking stuff around and scanning as he does. He's about to move on when the scanner catches something. He sweeps debris aside and finds what looks like the damaged but still mostly intact "brain" of the security robot. He puts it in his ever explanding backpack and finishes sweeping the area. Looks clear for the moment.

EEED considers.
If you are not encouraged by sodomy, you are underestimating what sodomy means in the greater scheme of things.

Ji pokes at what's left of the attackers and shrugs.

Edward, laying on top of Bob, slowly wanders around via Bob's volition.

A quick scan of the area reveals the following.
1. This place isn't like the others: its smaller and more focused. No big office spaces, instead it seems to be a relatively straight shot forward. One hall with some rooms off it eventually leading to the main control room.

2. This section is, by design, very secure. The hallway to the main control room has a lot of automated defenses listed in the diagrams, along with some pretty heavy duty doors. Going straight down that corridor, which is only about 400 feet long- you can see the door at the end from here- is gonna be a meatgrinder if you attempt to do it directly. None of the defenses are engaged yet.

3. To the left and right of this antechamber are small rooms designed as waiting rooms for visitors to the command section.

4. You can see 3 doors off the main hall, each about equally spaced 100 or so feet apart.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: December 20, 2020, 09:41:14 am »

Quote from: pw on discord
Stim survived. With a good roll, and maybe.

Cocktail yes,  Within somewhat reasonable throwing range, Dex.

Maybe you could have made a shield but we're a bit beyond that now.

These are responses to the questions in the thread because they aren't really relevant to the action anymore.

So this is the brain that should contain Wil's consciousness, right? If we find another robobody we could hook it up again to 'revive' him?

Either way, gather what remains of Wil's stuff I guess, though if you could tell me what actually survived that'd be handy (or we do that at the end of the mission if you prefer). Also see if any of the cultist's gear survived. And is there any clue as to how these people were being controlled?

Could we reach any of those 3 side doors without entering the range of the automated defenses indicated on the diagrams? What were these rooms for, and where do they lead to, according to the schematics

Any vents or other maintenance tunnels (even if small) that could serve as a way to bypass the hallway 'o death? 

« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 10:15:43 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: December 20, 2020, 10:12:25 am »

Ed says a quick "Fuck Derp" in Wilfred's honour.

Attempt to connect my broken universal communicator to Wilfred's salvaged robobrain. Allow him to chant "Fuck Derp" once more. Probably in a horribly distorted, staticky, blown-out voice due to the brokenness of the communicator.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 10:16:29 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: December 20, 2020, 11:13:09 am »

""I have been avengeeeeeeeeeeeeeed."

"...Did anyone else hear that or is it just me?

Sam will ignore the handsome ghost voice and see if anything else of value survived the blast

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: December 20, 2020, 03:15:25 pm »

See if either of Wil’s auto-cannons survived (It’s what Wil would have wanted)
Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: December 21, 2020, 01:50:00 am »

”Ah, if only I knew what the word sodomy meant. Seems the definition was blanked from my memory during my production. But that is okay! I will make do with the greatest tool religion has - force rhetoric.”

Inspect my Staff of ED - Wilfred’s detached gun-arm that I had before it was cool to collect his parts - and see if I can’t get it in firing condition again. It’s practically a mandatory thing for all cult leaders to be able to smite the unworthy with the wrath of their god (or bullets).

« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 09:32:57 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Welcome Home.
« Reply #2961 on: December 21, 2020, 02:01:31 am »

Code: (senses and blocking of them) [Select]
Sight: Blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Hearing:Text to Speech Earplugs, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Taste:Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
While others are picking up Wilfred’s pieces, search for threats

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: December 21, 2020, 02:57:20 am »

"Oh shit they've killed the murder bot."
Try to find something to make shield with and stay with the group with my gun ready to kill.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Is it a war crime if you do it accidently?
« Reply #2963 on: December 21, 2020, 11:20:55 am »

So uh, I'm pretty interested in the questions Radio's post has.  Like whether or not my character is now permadead, and how much of his stuff is intact.  "There is a man holding a demo charge" is a pretty vauge explanation of a death.

Also, what stat did I roll a 1 on?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Is it a war crime if you do it accidently?
« Reply #2964 on: December 21, 2020, 12:38:09 pm »

Bob (now with Edward accessory!)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2965 on: December 23, 2020, 09:39:23 am »

Bob (now with Edward accessory!)

Bob's accessory wander off.  He misses it momentarily before switching to hunger again.

""I have been avengeeeeeeeeeeeeeed."

"...Did anyone else hear that or is it just me?

Sam will ignore the handsome ghost voice and see if anything else of value survived the blast
See if either of Wil’s auto-cannons survived (It’s what Wil would have wanted)
Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
"Oh shit they've killed the murder bot."
Try to find something to make shield with and stay with the group with my gun ready to kill.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
[1,2,2]
Sam, Ji and Burt pick over the wreckage, looking for anything good. None of them can find anything other than small bits of metal and flesh.

”Ah, if only I knew what the word sodomy meant. Seems the definition was blanked from my memory during my production. But that is okay! I will make do with the greatest tool religion has - force rhetoric.”

Inspect my Staff of ED - Wilfred’s detached gun-arm that I had before it was cool to collect his parts - and see if I can’t get it in firing condition again. It’s practically a mandatory thing for all cult leaders to be able to smite the unworthy with the wrath of their god (or bullets).

[2]
EEED attempts to coax the severed weapon into functionality. If he still even actually has it that is. Unfortunately his attempts seem to be focused mainly around attempting to verbally persuade the weapon to work. First through enticements and then through threats of divine punishment. None of them seem to work.

Ed says a quick "Fuck Derp" in Wilfred's honour.

Attempt to connect my broken universal communicator to Wilfred's salvaged robobrain. Allow him to chant "Fuck Derp" once more. Probably in a horribly distorted, staticky, blown-out voice due to the brokenness of the communicator.

[6]
Ed connects his universal communicator to the robobrain, hypothetically allowing Wilfred to speak even in his current state. Wilfred, for his part, screams some expletives through the newly connected speaker.

So uh, I'm pretty interested in the questions Radio's post has.  Like whether or not my character is now permadead, and how much of his stuff is intact.  "There is a man holding a demo charge" is a pretty vauge explanation of a death.

Also, what stat did I roll a 1 on?

(((A mind controlled assailant holding a demo charge and then an explosion is vague? Ok. You ran ahead of everyone into an ambush that had been called out at least twice, got a 1 on your speed to react to two assailants coming from either side, and then got caught in the explosion when one of them detonated a demo charge behind you.)))

Quote from: pw on discord
Stim survived. With a good roll, and maybe.

Cocktail yes,  Within somewhat reasonable throwing range, Dex.

Maybe you could have made a shield but we're a bit beyond that now.

These are responses to the questions in the thread because they aren't really relevant to the action anymore.

So this is the brain that should contain Wil's consciousness, right? If we find another robobody we could hook it up again to 'revive' him?

Either way, gather what remains of Wil's stuff I guess, though if you could tell me what actually survived that'd be handy (or we do that at the end of the mission if you prefer). Also see if any of the cultist's gear survived. And is there any clue as to how these people were being controlled?

Could we reach any of those 3 side doors without entering the range of the automated defenses indicated on the diagrams? What were these rooms for, and where do they lead to, according to the schematics

Any vents or other maintenance tunnels (even if small) that could serve as a way to bypass the hallway 'o death? 

1. Yeah, assuming no one breaks it by fucking with it first.
2.Nothing remains according to at least 3 different people searching. That includes both Wilfred and the Cultist's things.
3. The first one...maybe. Depends on the activation distance. Its before the physical defenses themselves, but potentially within their activation distance. The three rooms are, in order of proximity to the main control room, Life support for this area, oversection record and data storage, and Staff dorms.
4. [5] There are several vents in both the side waiting rooms and along the corridor. Most are pretty small but a few are big enough for even a full size human to squeeze into.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2966 on: December 23, 2020, 09:55:47 am »

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Everyone can choose one present! There are 25 possibilities. There are 5 colors of wrapping, and 5 patterns for the wrapping. Choose a combination.
The colors are
Red
Green
White
Silver
Gold

And the patterns are
Stars
Guns
Skulls
Wrenches
Stripes

Each combo can only be chosen once. Good luck!

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Present Lottery
« Reply #2967 on: December 23, 2020, 10:19:05 am »

((I'll go with Red Skulls)

Wait for the peeps to go through the vents first before doing anything.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2968 on: December 23, 2020, 10:25:10 am »

Golden Wrench, of course. That way I can capture their buildings.

Also, use my small size to my advantage to enter a vent or maintenance tunnel and make my way to some place where I can disable the defences (either by connecting to and using some computer or by physically removing their power/ammo).

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: December 23, 2020, 10:44:00 am »

Gold Stars! Action will be edited in later on.

EEED realizes there was only ever one truly logical course of action to be taken.

Perform chiropractic care upon the Gun-Staff of ED (which I'm pretty sure no one ever contested me picking up). This will surely cause it to work! Just make sure to point the business end away from other employees.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 07:59:20 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 334