Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 483120 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Is it a war crime if you do it accidently?
« Reply #2925 on: December 14, 2020, 11:32:04 am »

Take a seat next to Sam and wait for this to all blow over.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Welcome Home.
« Reply #2926 on: December 14, 2020, 03:16:15 pm »

Quote from: Discord
Piecewise (Today at 12:32 AM)
Current water level 3ft

Just so you guys are aware, the water is currently 3 feet deep and rising. Taking a seat might not be the wisest course of action for the non-amphibious organics among us.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: December 15, 2020, 12:46:04 am »

Keep rifle ready in case of non-Bob-named water based threats, and any threats present on the other side of the door if that gets opened this round.
Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: December 15, 2020, 06:26:06 am »

Quote from: Discord
Piecewise (Today at 12:32 AM)
Current water level 3ft

Just so you guys are aware, the water is currently 3 feet deep and rising. Taking a seat might not be the wisest course of action for the non-amphibious organics among us.
Just so you know, I am in a sealed space suit therefor the water is Not My Problem.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: December 15, 2020, 09:23:51 am »

"Hey, uh, pushbot? This blood sure is rising fast, innit?"

Observe the rising of the blood. If it starts getting to shoulder height, have pushbot pick me up and hold me up.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: December 15, 2020, 05:02:32 pm »

"Fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp--all this blood is probably only being used because they had it.  It's just a convenient tool they can use to delay us and scare us.  He's constantly just trying to buy time!  FUCK Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp..."

Really there's no change to that action.  Kill things what need to be killed.  Wait for such things if they haven't yet appeared.

Also, Wilfred is chanting "Fuck Derp" because when Derp mind controls people, they start calling him Mr. Friend and treating him like they like him.  So hopefully if he gets controlled, the chant will stop or change, thus warning teammates before the minigun starts spinning.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: 0.2 FPS
Smell: None to speak of~
Hearing: Disabled; speech to text enabled.
Taste: Robots don't eat!
Touch: Pressure sensors apparently don't count.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2931 on: December 15, 2020, 08:17:23 pm »

"Well then! Every religion does tend to feature a great flood myth, may as well get that box checked off early on."

Pray to ED for divine guidance. How may I best serve the will of the Sacred Name in this time of trial?

Spoiler: EEED (click to show/hide)
[7]
EEED prays for guidance and then listens with his heart.
"Make people aware you are living in a surveillance state"

Sit stand around in the blood and wait for something to happen. Use medical knowledge to try and remember how many organs you'd need to make the next step of human evolution, probably one or two at max, this cloning stuff has given Sam an idea.

[6]
Sam considers. The next step in human evolution would depend on the factors. The current next step seems to be gills and webbed toes. The normal situation would probably be enhanced nerves for faster reflexes and bulletproof skin.

Take a seat next to Sam and wait for this to all blow over.

Edward floats around next to Sam and tries to ignore her  sizing him up like a piece of meat. Not a metaphorical one either, an actual piece of meat at a butcher. Its a bit disconcerting. When she starts muttering about organs it becomes even more disconcerting.

"Hey, uh, pushbot? This blood sure is rising fast, innit?"

Observe the rising of the blood. If it starts getting to shoulder height, have pushbot pick me up and hold me up.

Scrum looks at the rising water. He climbs up on his robot and kicks his feet.

"Fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp--all this blood is probably only being used because they had it.  It's just a convenient tool they can use to delay us and scare us.  He's constantly just trying to buy time!  FUCK Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp..."

Really there's no change to that action.  Kill things what need to be killed.  Wait for such things if they haven't yet appeared.

Also, Wilfred is chanting "Fuck Derp" because when Derp mind controls people, they start calling him Mr. Friend and treating him like they like him.  So hopefully if he gets controlled, the chant will stop or change, thus warning teammates before the minigun starts spinning.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: 0.2 FPS
Smell: None to speak of~
Hearing: Disabled; speech to text enabled.
Taste: Robots don't eat!
Touch: Pressure sensors apparently don't count.
10 Fuck Derp
20 go to 10

Keep rifle ready in case of non-Bob-named water based threats, and any threats present on the other side of the door if that gets opened this round.
Ji, in the increasingly deep water, decides to ignore the alligator.

This may come back to bite her.

Perhaps literally.

"So we've possibly been contaminated with Durp's special brand of AIDS, well that's just great."
Use my engineer powers to aid in the water shutting off and removal.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
"Welp, it's all clone blood, probably from our target. Because of course it is."

How many fish are left? To know how much longer the Bob can be held at bay. Either way, while said crocofriend is distracted, try to shut down the sprinklers in a mechanical way (aka physically block the flow), using a toolkit charge if needed/relevant.

Let the water drain away/equalize for a bit (if there's a system to drain the water, use it, but let a more technology-oriented teammate handle it if possible).

Then, assuming no more shenanigans occurred and people are ready, unweld the door (use toolkit charge). Then open it a bit and take a video of what's on the other side with the scanner. Close door again and view it a safe framerate. First watch it myself, if no possession or whatever occurs also show it to my teammates in case they spot something Yagyu missed.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Yagyu checks the magazine on his hypothetical fish dispenser. Half empty. Or half full, depending on his outlook.  He then examines the sprinklers. The dozens of sprinkerheads scattered around this entire area, all of which are pouring out water at a massive rate. [3,2]He doesn't think he can stop them mechanically. [4] Burt on the other hand does manage to do something. He cranks the valve down as far as he can get it. The water slows to a halt at about 5 feet deep.  And stays there. [7] Yagyu does manage to engage the drains though, and the bloody water starts to drain away.

Once the water has all drained away and everyone seems ready, he starts cutting the door. [3][2v3] As he's cutting, leaving a red hot trail down the center of the double doors, he doesn't notice that one spot is going from red to white hot despite him having moved on. The point which he does notice this is when the military grade laser penetrates the reinforced door and bores a hole straight through his torso. [3] Before the laser can cut him in half he drops straight to the ground, reducing the damage to a thumb sized molten hole in his lower chest and a shallow red hot gash up his body from when he dropped. After a few moments the laser cuts out and everything is quiet. Yagyu quickly gets up and cuts the Remainder of the door, but doesn't open it.  He instead takes his scanner and carefully scans a bit through the newly opened molten hole.  He checks the footage and sees...well a big ramshackle collection of welded metal beams, wires, and sensors holding a giant tank of blood and a military grade laser. Automated traps. And also a big roadblock physically blocking the door. He checks again. Yep, they welded the frame to the walls next to the door.

He checks the footage beyond the frame. [?] A hall, then an antechamber and he's pretty sure he saw shadows. People hiding behind the corners where the hall ends.

"Crap. Dug in like a tick. " 

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: December 15, 2020, 10:46:56 pm »

EEED is nothing if not attentive to the will of his true self.

"I see the truth! We live in a prison of eyes! There is no respite from their gaze! Wake up, sheeple!"

Do as ED bids, and make everyone, including the people on the other side of the obstructions, aware that they live in a surveillance state.

Spoiler: EEED (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: December 15, 2020, 11:03:24 pm »

"No shit Triple-E, that's what happens when you let the GOVERNMENT infringe on your natural right to kidnap and experiment on orphans. It's a slippery slope I tell ya."

Sam will get as far away as possible from the door and play dead. She didn't major in laser surgery to get killed by a laser.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 11:28:56 am by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: December 16, 2020, 01:56:14 am »

Code: (senses and blocking of them) [Select]
Sight: Blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Hearing:Text to Speech Earplugs, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Taste:Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Assist Sam in healing Yagyu
well, that laser’s going to be a problem.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 03:01:51 am by Naturegirl1999 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: December 16, 2020, 03:46:00 am »

"Oh great Durp's got a damned death ray."
Stay away from the door and wait for others to open the door, and keep my gun ready.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: December 16, 2020, 08:25:29 am »

"Thank you for the hand Burt, not sure how I missed that valve, but good spot nonetheless.

Ok ya'll so I've got good news and bad news. The good news is that they have a big ol' ambush waiting for us on the other side, with a roadblock welded to the door and wall and automated sensors and a FUCKING LASER and who knows what else. Also there are people hiding around the corners down the hall, no doubt to fuck with us. The bad news is that I just lied and there is actually no good news. Sorry.

Now, we could just blow up this door and clear the traps, then deal with the fools if they survive the explosion. I personally don't think our target will be among the people waiting for us, he doesn't seem like the type to be on the frontlines like that, though we'll want to not overdo it with the explosion just in case. I don't know how he's controlling them right now though, the jammer is still on so not with those earpieces at least.

We could also try to pipe in the sleepy gas first through that hole to soften up the resistance a bit first, buuuut after the difficulties last time I don't think that's something I wanna deal with again.

Spiderboy, you still have that mining explosive I gave you ago, right? Would you be so kind as to do the honors?"

14:07] Radio Controlled: @Piecewise some people seem to be trying to heal Yagyu using their medical knowledge. However, iirc you said before that repairing a robobody rolls mechanical and not medical. Could you confirm if this is correct or not?
[14:10] Piecewise: ye
[14:10] Piecewise: mechanical

Get out of that doorway and around the corner in case more surprises are incoming. Bat away the good souls trying to heal Yagyu if they're trying to do so with their medical knowledge, since that's not actually gonna help much (see above, from discord). However, if anyone wants to help using mechanical know-how, let them, and in fact give them a toolkit charge to do so. If not then just try it myself, again with a toolkit charge if applicable.

Help people if they need mechanical help with setting up a bomb, if not just stand WELL back. And in strong cover just in case.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 08:30:08 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: December 16, 2020, 09:44:19 am »

Chase the bipeds away from Yagyu and do the repairs, Bob style. Expend my own toolkit charge rather than one of Yagyu's. Stare meaningfully at the water valve and grumble the whole time about lost opportunities.

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: December 16, 2020, 03:45:26 pm »

Get to cover and wait for the door to open.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: December 16, 2020, 11:33:59 pm »

((Tara has mechanical, but not much of it she will use it since Yagyu is a robot))
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 334