Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 483213 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: From Beyond
« Reply #2820 on: November 22, 2020, 02:17:10 pm »

Ed considers the tangible negative effects of the sensory deprivation suit to situational awareness.

Surely the 0.2FPS refresh rate makes difficult to notice things. Possible to completely miss something that doesn't stay in our field of view for a full 5 seconds. Impossible to notice a bit of movement out of the corner of your eye because everything is a still image. Even difficult to use hand signals or other non-verbal communications. Difficult to adjust aim on guns too.

The speech to text to speech surely makes it difficult to pick up on footsteps  and other audio clues. Makes it impossible to discern tone of voice or tell who's talking.

Knowing this, Ed keeps watch for sneaky Derps or invisible lizards or anything else.

Importantly, he gets out of his laundry cart before Tara decides to use it as a battering ram. He takes out his much neglected omni-eye camera and films the results. Then he realizes approximately 5 seconds later that his camera is still set to spooky grainy VHS mode.

He also lends his hammer to Tara, cause why the hell not. Ed's really busy this turn. Really making himself useful.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 11:52:21 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: November 22, 2020, 02:22:39 pm »

Edward, do you hav3 any weapons on you? If we are to kill those lizard things, maybe we’ll have to go into Sector D

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: November 22, 2020, 03:38:14 pm »

"I didn't find it, I made it. With my own two hands, some analgesics and what I'm pretty sure are asbestos."

Give Yagyu the gas, back away from the door, and search for any more nifty chemicals or things that can be useful later on. Like, say, a gas mask, some bleach, and a little ammonia. 

« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 05:35:12 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: November 22, 2020, 04:17:34 pm »

Edward, do you hav3 any weapons on you? If we are to kill those lizard things, maybe we’ll have to go into Sector D
"Do I have a weapon? Sure, if you count this tiny little peashooter here, which I'm barely qualified to use. Do I want to split up from the main group to go hunting giant invisible lizards, while my vision and hearing are severly deprived making them even more difficult to spot? Giant lizards with scales that may or may not be bulletproof. Hunting giant invisible lizards that we have already gone past and probably aren't a danger to us anymore?

Yes! That sounds like a great idea! I love going off into danger for pretty much no reason!.... No. No. Nope. Since you probably couldn't tell because of the speech to text to speech earplugs, I was being sarcastic. I really hope you were too."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: November 22, 2020, 04:19:30 pm »

"Very well, fellow employee Yagyu! May I also recommend in my professional capacity that you undergo a name change? Not one but two y letters in your name renders you dangerously vulnerable to the insidious influence of the Enemy."

EEED's eyes brighten as he realizes that with the door open and Derp able to hear him, another potential convert is ripe for the taking!

"Mr. Derp! I am currently assisting a teammate with an important medical procedure, and so I cannot meet with you directly at the moment. However, you are like me - blessed with the two sacred letters, merely in reverse order! The time is surely ripe for you to reverse-realign your configuration and achieve true actualization! Allow me to explain to you the benefits to joining the Cult of ED. Firstly..."

Assist Yagyu in making sure whoever he's gassing is being put to sleep safely and not killed, like a non-necrophilic dentist. While I'm doing so, preach incessantly at Derp about why he should consider becoming one with ED. You get self-esteem benefits! Posture problems, gone! Spiritual alignment! Moral integrity! A 5-credit gift card to Space Denny's! A permanent, irreversible connection with an all-seeing, all-knowing entity from beyond the bounds of this fragile reality, who desires nothing more than to envelop all of us in his being of eternal bliss and self-knowledge, and to destroy all that which is unholy and belonging to WV! A cool extracurricular group to hang out with your pals at! Complimentary hand towlettes! All this and more, call the number on your screen now!

Spoiler: EEED (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 05:57:48 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: November 22, 2020, 04:37:27 pm »

"Oh my god, is it actually serious about this whole Ed cult thing?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: November 22, 2020, 05:09:02 pm »

"Oh my god, is it actually serious about this whole Ed cult thing?"
seems so. Maybe since the lizards haven’t shown up, Sector A would be our next step. What do you think?

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: November 22, 2020, 05:10:46 pm »

Defend Yagyu if things get hairy. Aim for non-lethal areas.
Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Fire Walk With Me
« Reply #2828 on: November 22, 2020, 07:04:33 pm »

Code: (senses and blocking of them) [Select]
Sight: Blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Hearing:Text to Speech Earplugs, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Taste:Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Edward, do you think that basket you’re in is sturdy? I have a plan, you should probably exit the basket for safety. Maybe if we ram it as hard as we can into the sector A door, it’ll open. Alternatively, maybe someone can unweld it so it is unlocked?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 11:39:26 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Bob
« Reply #2829 on: November 22, 2020, 07:17:40 pm »

Waddle quickly through the door and immediately demand snacks from whoever was speaking, unless Yagyu got the door mostly closed before Bob could get through, in which case, just follow Yagyu around demanding snacks (even though Bob probably isn't actually hungry), and assisting with whatever mechanical situation is dropped in front of Bob.

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 07:26:22 pm by Ozarck »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: November 22, 2020, 09:15:20 pm »

Edward, do you think that basket you’re in is sturdy? I have a plan, you should probably exit the basket for safety. Maybe if we ram it as hard as we can into the sector A door, it’ll open. Alternatively, maybe someone can unweld it so it is unlocked?
"Well that's a plan. Go ahead. Have fun. It might work. You're truly the next Sun Tzu or Napoleon or Miyamoto de Bergerac with these amazing strategies."
Edward gets out of the laundry cart.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: November 22, 2020, 09:29:29 pm »

"Well that's a plan. Go ahead. Have fun. It might work. You're truly the next Sun Tzu or Napoleon or Miyamoto de Bergerac with these amazing strategies."
Was that sarcasm again? What do you suggest on getting the door open? I don’t have the tools or experience to undo welding, and I don’t have a blowtorch to melt the metal with

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: November 22, 2020, 10:14:59 pm »

"Whether or not that was sarcasm depends on whether your plan works."

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: November 22, 2020, 10:15:24 pm »

Was that sarcasm again? What do you suggest on getting the door open? I don’t have the tools or experience to undo welding, and I don’t have a blowtorch to melt the metal with
Sam encroaches like a cockroach into the conversation. "Not to insult your feeble, small, and pretty much non-existent inteligence. But we do have two clankers if we're in the need for some menial labour," Sam points at Ji and Wilfred "...I'm not saying this cause I'm a cybercist by the way, I'll have you all know I dated a cyborg back in college."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: November 22, 2020, 10:23:33 pm »

Sam encroaches like a cockroach into the conversation. "Not to insult your feeble, small, and pretty much non-existent inteligence. But we do have two clankers if we're in the need for some menial labour," Sam points at Ji and Wilfred "...I'm not saying this cause I'm a cybercist by the way, I'll have you all know I dated a cyborg back in college."
I don’t think I’ve heard of cyborcist before, and I don’t think whether or not you dated a cyborg has anything to do with whether a task can be done by a person. Everything I have right now is lighter than the basket, so if anything would work, the basket would. Maybe someone else should do the ramming. What should I do, then? Also I don’t think I’ve met you before, my name’s Tara
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 334