Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 483233 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: From Beyond
« Reply #2805 on: November 21, 2020, 07:45:57 am »

"Yes, yes. I'm okay. Do you want to help me guard that door over there?"
Scoot my laundry basket of safety slightly slightly closer to the othet door, the entrance do sector D, in some semblance of keeping watch.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: November 21, 2020, 12:07:40 pm »

Yes. That’ll likely be more successful then my previous plan
((Action edited))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: November 21, 2020, 03:45:24 pm »

"Fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp--Here's the way to solve the problem.  Give one of the security people, with a shock implant, a knife.  They go into the room, they look at each person, then slash their throat.  When they don't slash someone's throat, they've found Derp.  If they slash everyone's throats, then we know Derp isn't here, and we've removed most of his thralls.  Simple, easy, effective.  Fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp..."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: November 21, 2020, 03:51:36 pm »

"Fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp--Here's the way to solve the problem.  Give one of the security people, with a shock implant, a knife.  They go into the room, they look at each person, then slash their throat.  When they don't slash someone's throat, they've found Derp.  If they slash everyone's throats, then we know Derp isn't here, and we've removed most of his thralls.  Simple, easy, effective.  Fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp..."
Do you really want to give Derp another body to control?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: November 21, 2020, 05:11:59 pm »

"That's why we use a security person!  They get controlled, we shock them unconscious, and shoot everyone else in the place.  Now Derp has no bodies, and we have him safely locked in a room.  Fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp..."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: November 21, 2020, 05:44:00 pm »

which of us are considered security to you? Everyone here has weapons, so if one of us gets controlled they could kill some of us and force the rest into the room to be controlled

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: November 21, 2020, 07:09:56 pm »

EEED perks up. "I have no weapons, but am also an endless source of chiropractic excellence! I will go, and meet with my kin who has both a D and an E in his name!"

Volunteer for the 'do a thing to each person in turn until I run out of people or get mind controlled' plan. Only without the murder and more with the 'constantly eulogize about the Cult of Ed while cracking each person's back in turn'. This entirely hinges on people approving of it and actually letting me do it, though - whether they fit me with a shock collar or not, or if it even happens, is entirely up to them.

If the plan doesn't get approved, instead go locate the largest concentration of people nearby and preach at them.

Spoiler: EEED (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: November 21, 2020, 07:50:39 pm »

Yes, you seem to be the least dangerous if you were controlled. I agree with EEED. What say the rest of the team?

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: November 21, 2020, 09:17:24 pm »

"Just let me try my gas first, I assure you it will make them all sleep like angels. Angels who are gonna develop some weird bumps in their lungs in a few years but still angels nonetheless."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: November 21, 2020, 09:32:09 pm »

the plan is in part to figure out if Derp is in there and who he is, I don’t think Wilfred’s plan will work if Derp’s as.eep, unless he can somehow communicate while asleep

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: November 21, 2020, 10:08:31 pm »

"Gas em' all and let management sort them out I say, there's gotta be a Derp somewhere. Plus there's like what? One sector remaining? It's not like he has a lot of places to hide...unless he's invisible or is currently wearing the flayed skin of one of us like a jumpsuit."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: November 22, 2020, 02:42:45 am »

"...You're actually listening to me?  Huh.  Well, uh, I think he can indeed control you while he's asleep.  He just can't order you to do anything.  And by security personnel, I mean people who were hired as security, and therefore had a mandatory shock implant placed inside their head.  The creep works too, disposable is in his name.  Fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp..."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2817 on: November 22, 2020, 11:32:39 am »

"Well that's spooky, y'all wouldn't happen to have an empty flask along with some bleach and ammonia? No? Damn."

Look for chemicals that could be fashioned into some sort of, war crime accessory sleep gas or something, but do it far, far away from the door. If only she had a degree in Necrology, then she could stay and look all she wants.

[7][11]
Sam, using a great deal of available anesthetic gas and some other reagents and materials to aerosolize it and increase its potency, creates an entire pressurized cylinder of sleeping gas.
(d10 uses)

"I say just leave them in there and put a sticky note on the door for the cleanup crew."

Does this door have an access log? Check to see when it was opened and closed recently, maybe it can give us some more clues.

[3]
Pathos discovers that there is a door log...but its in some sort of proprietary file type he doesn't recognize. Who the hell created a ".sesame" file type?

"I'm the one that set of the sprinklers in the lizard death chambers!"
Meet back up with the group, and grab a fire extinguisher if I see one.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
[5]
Burt finds not one, but two fire extinguishers! (d6 use each). He carries them back to the group.

"Yes, yes. I'm okay. Do you want to help me guard that door over there?"
Scoot my laundry basket of safety slightly slightly closer to the othet door, the entrance do sector D, in some semblance of keeping watch.

The laundry hamper, which luckily has wheels, rolls over to the entrance of Sector D and stops. A hand comes out of it for a moment, gives a thumbs up, and then vanishes back inside.

Code: (senses and blocking of them) [Select]
Sight: Blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Hearing:Text to Speech Earplugs, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Taste:Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Help guard against the lizard things
So we know where he’s getting the parts, also he might be injured, explaining why he needs the parts, which should make him easier to capture. It’d be nice to enter Sector A to find more things, if someone hadn’t welded it shut
Tara stands guard next to the door to sector D as well. She occasionally glances down at the laundry hamper in mild confusion but decides not to worry about it too much.

Turning to his teammates, making sure the people inside can't hear him, Yagyu whispers:
"Welp, I'm not sure, but it looks like he might be posing as one of these blokes. Either that, or they are still under control and he's somewhere else, though since the radio jammer is still on it can't be through an earpiece. Maybe the observation is still recent enough, in that case we'd need to wait an hour for the effect to wear off. They might just do this of their own will I guess, but seems unlikely. We'll need a way to neutralize and then process them carefully either way.

I'll weld the door for now while we search for something, if we can't find anything we could let the door open a little bit more and then goop the people inside one by one, though I'm not sure if that will work very well.

Or we leave them alone for now and check out sector A first I suppose."

Weld the surgical suite door in its current position so the people inside can't suddenly rush out and overwhelm us. Just a few dots that are easy to remove like before, but enough that they can't force it open quickly. Use a toolkit charge.

Then look inside again and try to determine how these people are being controlled. Does it seem likely that our target is one of them and they are observing him? Or can I maybe spot something on them that might be responsible? Or does it seem like they might simply still be under the effect of an earlier observation? Use my scanner to help with this. Also check if I can see anyone that would match our target of course. Either way try not to stand too close to that gap in the door in case someone is standing just next to the door ready to grab me.

Finally, search around for some tanks of anesthetic, hopefully one that is fairly 'mild' (in the sense that a chance for accidentally killing a person through an overdose is small).

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
[6] No charge needed.
Yagyu welds the door into its current position with a few spot welds here and there. He then looks inside and begins scanning all the bowed people, looking for one that fits his target.
[?]After several minutes of careful staring and mental cataloging, he comes to the conclusion that their target is not among those in the room. Or at the very least, not in a form that he would recognize him in. He doesn't see anything like a video feed in the room that would allow remote control or continued observation either.

Waddle over to the surgical suite and the smell of rotted fish. Notice the surgical suite door is 'broken.' Begin 'repairing' the surgical suite door.

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)
[10][5]
Bob waddles over to the surgical suite door and stares at it. He chomps his jaws a few times, contemplating the nature of the situation. He then proceeds to give the door a good solid thwack with his tail. The door flexes and the spot welds snap. He then waddles to the control panel and gives it a good whack as well.  The keyboard makes a rather unpleasant noise but the screen flashes green and the door opens up the rest of the way. 

Bob grumbles in triumph.

EEED perks up. "I have no weapons, but am also an endless source of chiropractic excellence! I will go, and meet with my kin who has both a D and an E in his name!"

Volunteer for the 'do a thing to each person in turn until I run out of people or get mind controlled' plan. Only without the murder and more with the 'constantly eulogize about the Cult of Ed while cracking each person's back in turn'. This entirely hinges on people approving of it and actually letting me do it, though - whether they fit me with a shock collar or not, or if it even happens, is entirely up to them.

If the plan doesn't get approved, instead go locate the largest concentration of people nearby and preach at them.

Spoiler: EEED (click to show/hide)

EEED shows up at the surgical suite and begins to explain his plan of touching all the people until he gets mind controlled to Yagyu. Yagyu isn't really listening because he's freaking out about the door opening. EEED, seeing the tension rising, wonders if he can perform chiropractic work on a robot. [3] Hmmmm maybe not right now.

From within the surgical suite a voice is heard. A familiar voice. Or rather it would be familiar if the team could hear it; instead they hear only the mechanical tones of the speech to text to speech interface.

Quote from: Voice from inside the surgical suite
Should I be thankful that their cruelty was matched only by their incompetency? That their blind flailing, which failed to elucidate anything for them, revealed a great deal to me?  Perhaps I should; even if the secret it revealed was costly and painful.  Communion is the only way I can describe it. A mingling of perfection and the mundane, producing something in between. I know not how or why, but it is assuredly so.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: November 22, 2020, 12:13:10 pm »

Speaking to his teammates either in person or over the radio to try and make sure the cultists inside can't hear him, Yagyu starts his yapping.
"Bob, from one technician to another, I am in awe of your skill at percussive maintenance. However, I would ask if you could please, just, not for a moment. Just don't, allright? Maybe help me with piping the sleeping gas into the room instead? I'll get you a nice snack in return later on.

Sam, great job on finding that sleeping gas. I think we can use this to put the peeps in there to sleep and process them in a controlled fashion.

Pathos, could you perhaps help me with the door, or maybe shut off the ventilation in that surgical suite so we can knock those people out more easily?

Wil, your idea has a good core but I'd rather not start indiscriminately killing people if possible. Also going into that room without these blokes being incapacitated seems rather dangerous if they retaliate. But hey, seeing as how the effect of our target always happens, and that this induces a noticeable effect in the target's brain and general demeanor, and we are in a medical sector... Well, I'm thinking we could tie someone down to a scanner, and show them full speed camera footage that someone with proper countermeasures takes to figure out who it is, if he is indeed among this group. Either way, we need to pacify these fools first.

EEED, could you help me with something? I have little medical knowledge, but I do know overdoing that stuff is dangerous, so could you monitor them while we pipe in the gas so we know when to stop? I'll stream the footage at reduced framerate for you.

Also, guys, I am starting to think he may have distributed himself among these victims somehow if his spiel about 'communion' is anything to go by. Or maybe he meant something else, who even knows with these cryptic weirdos. Bah, this fucker is a handful."

Close the door until it is only a little bit open. Then lock it in that position, via software or mechanically (toolkit charge if second). Then search for something that we can use to close off most of the rest of the gap, except for a hole where we can pipe the sleeping gas through, and a peeking hole.

Then shoo away from the door fleshy teammates without an appropriate suit so they won't get knocked out, and start piping in the knockout gas (if we need to build some sort of contraption to do this, use toolkit charge).

Film through he gap with the scanner (reduced framerate so it's safe) and stream that footage to someone medically inclined so they can monitor the 'patients' and tell us when to stop.

Should the peeps inside the room attack us before we can put our plan into motion, then back the fuck up and stick 'em to the floor with liberal application of sticky goop. Try to create a bottleneck at the doorway.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 12:48:41 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: November 22, 2020, 12:26:41 pm »

Quote from:  Voice from inside the surgical suite
Should I be thankful that their cruelty was matched only by their incompetency? That their blind flailing, which failed to elucidate anything for them, revealed a great deal to me?  Perhaps I should; even if the secret it revealed was costly and painful.  Communion is the only way I can describe it. A mingling of perfection and the mundane, producing something in between. I know not how or why, but it is assuredly so.
turns toward the surgical suite and says if you control anyone who perceives you, how did you get hurt in the first place? then turns back watching Sector D
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 334