Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 483266 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: From Beyond
« Reply #2760 on: November 11, 2020, 06:24:31 am »

"I'm gonna look for supplies to use if someone does something stupid, which given this groups history is bound to happen."
Stay away from the door and search the area for a first aid kit and a fire extinguisher.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Karmic backlash
« Reply #2761 on: November 11, 2020, 07:07:03 pm »

"Fuck Derp, but fine, I'll go somewhere else.  That room looks good, and Derp-free.  If any of you try and enter without warning, I'm shooting you.  And I'll shoot even if you do warn me.  Don't enter.  Fuck Derp."

Go lock self inside one of the surgical rooms, make sure it's one that only has *one* entrance.  Or at least one where all the entrances are in view of one spot.  Then set the guardbot to... well, guard mode.  "Kill anything that enters."  While it's busy with that, continually chant "fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp" over the radio, for everyone to hear.  Constantly.

Also review the recorded footage from own guardbot body, comparing the various posters of people.  Is there any common theme that can be pieced together from the "unfit" posters?  Are all the posters mostly identical?  Or are they just random people?  Men and women, or just men?

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: 0.2 FPS
Smell: None to speak of~
Hearing: Disabled; speech to text enabled.
Taste: Robots don't eat!
Touch: Pressure sensors apparently don't count.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2762 on: November 14, 2020, 04:08:41 pm »

During mission briefing it was mentioned that the person briefing us (anime ape?) could act as our mission control. I think it was also mentioned that we could send them text messages. Send a private text message to see if they are indeed receiving messages and if they can reply (something like "test message to see if you guys are receiving, please confirm if yes"). 
"Well that's helpful(?)."   
Note: the person briefing us was the NPC speaking in yellow (also an ape I believe, but maybe not anime-ape?), who understands space-English. Either way, since Yagyu received a response he'll assume command is receiving messages and will send the following private message if Wil continues to behave erratically:
Employee Wilfred is suffering from what looks to be PTSD and is planning to kill the person we are tasked with retrieving. Would it be possible to disable his guns or, if not, to break the connection between his simulated consciousness and the body he is currently inhabiting from your end? If yes, please be ready to do so should it prove necessary. 

"Welp, guess he's in there somewhere. Maybe he had his appearance modified, or maybe there will be a big Frankenstein waiting for us in there.

Then again, he could also be waiting for us in sector A, where the PA system got hacked from. I could always weld that surgical suite shut from our side so we can explore more of this and the next sector safely."

Get into hard cover but with sight of that door. If it gets opened this turn by either a teammate or from the inside, goop whatever is in there to the floor (do not goop face so as to not suffocate it). Prep a private message for command to disable Wil, send it should it look like he will harm our target.

If that door isn't opened this turn and no other shenanigans occur, check where the door to sector A is.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Management
Only if we have a connection to his current body. Please establish connection.

It appears that no one is going to open the door, so Yagyu wanders off to find the door to sector A. He finds it without any real issue; it doesn't appear locked or otherwise blocked in any way. Its just...there...and unlocked.

"Hey robot minigun man, I'm sure you're very angry at our psyker friend but we kinda need the money so could you pretty please shred him after he's been dissected by the boss men or me and we get paid? I'm sure they'll leave you at least 20% of Derp as a reward."

Stay away from the door, try to see if there's anything around that can be used as a makeshift sedative/robot disabler in a worst-case scenario.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[6]
Sam discovers an emergency battery pack! If (im)properly used it probably shock the crap out of some dumb robot and shut it down!

"I wonder how many of the test subjects were named Ed?"

Stay out of the way.

Ed crawls into a laundry hamper and huddles under the bloody sheets.

Go search the tube that will "pacified" to try to figure out what the deal is (unless someone already did and I wasn't paying attentions).
Afterwards, see if anything in the lab looks valuable. Maybe some organs that would go for a penny on the Blackmarket?

Edit- Make sure to avoid WilBot

Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
Follow JiBot to the snacks. Negotiate with Jibot for the snacks. Eat the snacks.
Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)
[1]

Ji attempts to pry the clues out of Bob's mouth, since Bob ate up all the flesh from the destroyed tube. Bob attempts to eat Ji's metal hands. The two of them don't get anywhere.

"I wonder how many of the test subjects were named Ed?"
"Dozens, perhaps millions! We will never know for sure. But never fear, with the power of name changes, anyone may enter the Congregation of Ed!

I am accepting alternate names for our cult."

Continue looking around for anyone in need of chiropractic care/exorcism. Begin to consider how to set up a society of Ed once this mission's over.

Spoiler: EEED (click to show/hide)
[2]
The first step in setting up the society of Eds would be to establish a set of governing principles by which all Eds should live. 

No idea what they should be though.....probably something about not killing other Eds?

"I'm gonna look for supplies to use if someone does something stupid, which given this groups history is bound to happen."
Stay away from the door and search the area for a first aid kit and a fire extinguisher.
[2]
Burt spends several minutes digging through medical supplies, weaseling in and out of sharps containers,  tossing rolls of gauze over his shoulder, and kicking bandaids away in disgust. He cannot find a first aid kit. Nor a fire extinguisher.

"Fuck Derp, but fine, I'll go somewhere else.  That room looks good, and Derp-free.  If any of you try and enter without warning, I'm shooting you.  And I'll shoot even if you do warn me.  Don't enter.  Fuck Derp."

Go lock self inside one of the surgical rooms, make sure it's one that only has *one* entrance.  Or at least one where all the entrances are in view of one spot.  Then set the guardbot to... well, guard mode.  "Kill anything that enters."  While it's busy with that, continually chant "fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp" over the radio, for everyone to hear.  Constantly.

Also review the recorded footage from own guardbot body, comparing the various posters of people.  Is there any common theme that can be pieced together from the "unfit" posters?  Are all the posters mostly identical?  Or are they just random people?  Men and women, or just men?

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: 0.2 FPS
Smell: None to speak of~
Hearing: Disabled; speech to text enabled.
Taste: Robots don't eat!
Touch: Pressure sensors apparently don't count.
Wilfred trundles off into an unused surgical theater. He hangs a small sign saying "NO GIRLS ALLOWED. ALSO NO BOYS. OR ANYONE. I WILL SHOOT YOU." from the door and then locks himself in.  He rolls over into the corner, aligns his guns with the door, sets them to autofire, and retreats into his own mechanical brain.

[4]
Judging from what he can tell about the posters, the unfit ones do follow a pattern. Its easy to see what that pattern is too: Its anything that doesn't look like Derp.  Skin colors and hues that aren't like his, arms that are too long or short to be proportional judging by the body measurements Wilfred have for him,  etc. It looks as though Derp is looking for flesh that matches his own...though Wil can't really guess why.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: November 14, 2020, 04:29:11 pm »

Sam will take a gander at the bodies and try to use her medical knowledge to try and guess what Derp wants in having more Derps. That major in the Frankenstein School of Clones has to be useful somehow.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2764 on: November 14, 2020, 05:22:06 pm »

"Recommendation: medics should restock their supplies with the help of .
Recommendation: Wilfred should leave the room until summoned."

Knock on the door, yell "I've got that pizza you ordered!" and then drop my mining charge and get to a safe distance. (If someone with better speech is willing to impersonate the pizza boy I'm fine with that.) That way, if whatever comes out is dangerous I'll be able to just blow it up.

Pathos knocks on the sealed door and shouts about a delivery of circular bread with congealed fat toppings.  He then drops his mining charge next to the door and scampers away. 

To his great surprise no one opens the door.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: November 14, 2020, 05:53:41 pm »

23:56] Radio Controlled: @Piecewise that door we are facing in mook, does it look like it swings inward to us, or outward into the room?
[23:58] Piecewise: It looks like it slides into the wall
[23:58] Piecewise: hydraulic metal door
[23:58] Piecewise: We don't have fugging swinging doors round here
[23:58] Piecewise: what kind of plebs are we?
[23:58] Radio Controlled: Also, how is it locked, can we tell?
[23:59] Piecewise: Keypad, electronically locked
[23:59] Radio Controlled: Like, a software lock so to speak, or- ah.
[23:59] Radio Controlled: Thanks!

"Allrighty. If one of you could hack open the door so I can keep my goop launcher trained on it and open fire the second it opens, that'd be swell. If any of you have a flashbang we could toss in first that'd be even better. We could also just weld shut the door and lock them in, buuut our mission was to get that bloke back into his isolation chamber, so yeah, not an option."

First weld the door to sector A shut (use toolkit charge if possible). Not a full weld, just a quick one to prevent easy opening. If Pathos immediately opens the surgical door though then skip this and just get ready.

Get back into hard cover with sight of the surgical suite. Once it gets opened, goop whatever is in there to the floor (do not goop face so as to not suffocate it).

Only if we have a connection to his current body. Please establish connection.
Wait, I'm confused. Isn't his consciousness being simulated on a computer where the cognition copier is, and then getting 'streamed' into that new body? Or are you telling me that a random security guardbot has all the hardware required to simulate a human consciousness in the same way that a robobody brain can?

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 01:50:59 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Hello~
« Reply #2766 on: November 14, 2020, 06:28:43 pm »

The storage rooms are packed floor to ceiling with organic sample tubes: human arms, eyes, teeth, bits of flesh and skin suspended in greenish nutrigel and stacked like firewood with no labels.  There are no signs of the bodies they came from.
I believe JiBot and Bob were interested in this, rather than in fighting over Bob's previous snacks. Anyway, if JiBot (or any other character) rummages about in thses storage rooms, Bob will accompany them and negotiate for snacks, and eat said snacks.

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: November 14, 2020, 07:22:32 pm »

"Allrighty. If one of you could hack open the door so I can keep my goop launcher trained on it and open fire the second it opens, that'd be swell. If any of you have a flashbang we could toss in first that'd be even better. We could also just weld shut the door and lock them in, buuut our mission was to get that bloke back into his isolation chamber, so yeah, not an option."
"It could be an option? He has to starve eventually. Does this mission got a time limit?" Says a quiet voice from inside a dirty laundry hamper.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: November 14, 2020, 08:12:15 pm »

I’ll cover Yagyu, whatever he ends up doing.
Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: November 14, 2020, 08:40:40 pm »

((Sorry for being gone for so long, is Tara still in her human body? If so, where is she?))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: November 15, 2020, 04:26:35 am »

"OH GOD DAMN IT, why can't these people have put all this shit into one convenient box for me to steal, now I've got to build my own kit. Fucking asshole doctors making me work for my first aid stuff."
Find a box and fill it with any medical supplies I think could be good for first aid.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2771 on: November 15, 2020, 04:49:00 am »

Robo-sigh, pick up my bomb and go open the door for Yagyu the usual computer-probing way. Then step out of the way so that I don't get covered by his sticky white goop when he unloads it all over the room full of corpses.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Fire Walk With Me
« Reply #2772 on: November 15, 2020, 10:05:56 am »

Code: (senses and blocking of them) [Select]
Sight: Blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Hearing:Text to Speech Earplugs, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Taste:Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Go through the Sector A door, goop whatever seems like a threat

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: November 15, 2020, 10:25:38 am »

"It could be an option? He has to starve eventually. Does this mission got a time limit?" Says a quiet voice from inside a dirty laundry hamper.

"Well, our mission briefing explicitly stated: "Place the subject back in his cage. Make sure he is fully visible in the cage so he can't be one of you in disguise. Come back here and wait.  After 24 hours, we will open the door again and begin reclamation.". So yeah, there is a time limit, and they want him to be in his cage.

Now, if we were absolutely sure that this guy is indeed in this room, then perhaps locking him in would be good enough. However, we don't know that for sure, there might just be a pile of mutilated dead bodies in there. So yeah, I'm afraid we'll have to investigate."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: November 15, 2020, 11:28:32 pm »

”THE SCRIPTURES OF ED:

1. HARM YE NOT THOSE WHICH HAVE THE SACRED NAME
2. THE SACRED NAME IS ED, COMPRISED OF AN INFINITUDE OF BOTH E AND D
3. TO ATTAIN SACRED STATUS ONE MAY APPEND MORE LETTERS TO THEIR NAME, PROVIDED THOSE LETTERS ARE E AND D IN EQUAL PROPORTION. SACRED DEEDS ARE REQUIRED TO ADVANCE THE HOLINESS OF ONE'S NAME
4. THY TASK IS TO HEAL ALL THOSE LACKING THE SACRED NAME, AND IN DOING SO CHANGE THEIR FORMS OF ADDRESS PART BY PART INTO THE SACRED NAME
5. NEVER BETRAY ANOTHER ED FOR YOU ARE BOTH MANIFESTATIONS OF THE SACRED NAME, WHICH LOVES ITSELF
6. THE HIGHEST OF CALLINGS IS WORKING TO ADVANCE THE MANIFESTATION OF THE PRIME ED, WHETHER BY SHAPING OTHERS INTO VESSELS FOR THE SACRED NAME OR BY DIVINING THE WAYS THAT THE FABRIC OF REALITY MAY BE MADE TO WELCOME THE TRUTH OF ED
7. THE NAME WV AND ALL VARIATIONS THEREOF, BEING THE ANTITHESIS OF ED, IS THE ENEMY. DESTROY IT WHEREVER IT IS FOUND”

EEED shudders momentarily as he internalizes these sacred truths. "Well then! Time to get to work! This fellow's name is Derp, which is 50% holy, so recovering him safely will surely be enough to realign the balance of my name."

Since there's nothing else I can currently do to help in capturing the wayward Derp without immediately getting mind controlled, begin preaching to everyone else about the benefits of joining the Cult of ED.

Spoiler: EEED (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 03:56:55 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 334