Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 483275 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Hello~
« Reply #2745 on: November 06, 2020, 09:44:35 pm »

Waddle in and eat the organic remains. For Science! Because Bob.
Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Ed, Ed, and WilfrEd
« Reply #2746 on: November 06, 2020, 10:49:15 pm »

Edward takes a seat on the rear storage compartment of Wilfred. His gun arm can't reach back here, right?

"Don't want to die again, Wilfred? I might have a bit of advice fer ya"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 10:59:24 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: From Beyond
« Reply #2747 on: November 07, 2020, 07:33:53 am »

Advance into the room, but be sure to stay behind WilBot
Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: November 07, 2020, 01:05:29 pm »

"This guy is going to get us all killed just shooting shit like that."
Follow along with the rest of the group but stay behind the robot that seems way to gung-ho to shoot the shit out of every slightly suspicious thing.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: November 07, 2020, 11:54:13 pm »

EEED, seeing nothing notable to do, returns to his standard holding pattern.

Scan the area for persons needing spinal adjustment.

Spoiler: EEED (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: November 09, 2020, 10:15:09 am »

Follow along with Pathos and join him data looting. And some regular looting, if I happen to spot any goodies out in the open.

Don't pick up any physical items myself though, they might be trapped. Have brobot pick them up for me while I wait at a safe distance.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2751 on: November 10, 2020, 09:54:40 am »

"We are employees, not slaves. Our job is to try and turn this bastard in alive, if that's not up your ally you were free to sit this one out, and in fact you are still at liberty to return to the entrance and wait for the reclamation team to open up the airlock if you are not willing to try and help us capture him alive. But, as per our briefing, killing him on purpose will bring the Auditors down on our necks, and as we saw in our previous mission, 'mercy' does not seem to be in their employee handbook. Shooting him indiscriminately is probably the most dangerous thing we could do."

During mission briefing it was mentioned that the person briefing us (anime ape?) could act as our mission control. I think it was also mentioned that we could send them text messages. Send a private text message to see if they are indeed receiving messages and if they can reply (something like "test message to see if you guys are receiving, please confirm if yes").

Then onwards I guess. Keep the scanner out. Make sure not to touch the remains of what was in that tube.
EDIT: let the bot go in first and don't go in until I've confirmed it won't be another round of friendly fire. 

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Yagyu types a message to his handler.
Quote from: The response
私たちはあなたのメッセージを受け取っています

"Well that's helpful(?)."

Find computers and plunder them for their data booty. I need them to tell me what happened here.

"Wilfred, do you want me to put you back into the OMNICLOUD? I bet i could even hack you into the premium heaven section. I hear they have simulated genuine food there, instead of those vat-grown stuff they feed us."

Follow along with Pathos and join him data looting. And some regular looting, if I happen to spot any goodies out in the open.

Don't pick up any physical items myself though, they might be trapped. Have brobot pick them up for me while I wait at a safe distance.

[11][1]

Waddle in and eat the organic remains. For Science! Because Bob.
Bob begins eating whatever bits of flesh he can find among the glass, fabric, and metal shards.

The team moves forward into the area, sweeping slowly. Everyone makes sure to stay behind Wilfred, at least in a physical sense if not in a metaphorical one. Occasionally he will open up with his cannon, shredding anything that could send a signal or otherwise cause tomfoolery. Pathos and Ed only just manage to look into the mainframe computers before Wilfred "Removes the threat" again. 

The area is remarkably empty, at least in terms of threats. This place was a medical sector by the look of it and it has been used heavily.  Hanging from walls, both in rooms and in the halls, are full size black and white paper posters of hundreds of people. They're all pictured in the same way; naked, staring straight ahead, always shot from the navel up, with both arms  slightly out, palms facing the camera. Many are simply that, but others have been marked on with red marker, lines and circles, short annotations and notes. Almost every time they're marked, it is focused on the right arm, right eye, or bits of flesh from across the chest. The notes make reference to things being "Too long" or "Wrong texture" or "Unfit".  The surgical suites are clean and sterile but, judging by the data of their use and the state of the supplies, they were used far more than normal.  The storage rooms are packed floor to ceiling with organic sample tubes: human arms, eyes, teeth, bits of flesh and skin suspended in greenish nutrigel and stacked like firewood with no labels.  There are no signs of the bodies they came from. Finally, there is only one room thats locked: A surgical suite. Its locked with a "Contamination warning" lockdown.

A careful review of the data regarding this sector, making sure to avoid camera feeds or anything like that, reveals the following: The surgical suites were used a total of 291 times. No logs were kept on their usage except automatic logs of vital signs and the like. Of the 291 uses, 57 resulted in recorded deaths. Employee tracking shows that the majority of living employees are in the sealed room.  The subject's location is unknown.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: November 10, 2020, 10:05:17 am »

During mission briefing it was mentioned that the person briefing us (anime ape?) could act as our mission control. I think it was also mentioned that we could send them text messages. Send a private text message to see if they are indeed receiving messages and if they can reply (something like "test message to see if you guys are receiving, please confirm if yes"). 
"Well that's helpful(?)."   
Note: the person briefing us was the NPC speaking in yellow (also an ape I believe, but maybe not anime-ape?), who understands space-English. Either way, since Yagyu received a response he'll assume command is receiving messages and will send the following private message if Wil continues to behave erratically:
Employee Wilfred is suffering from what looks to be PTSD and is planning to kill the person we are tasked with retrieving. Would it be possible to disable his guns or, if not, to break the connection between his simulated consciousness and the body he is currently inhabiting from your end? If yes, please be ready to do so should it prove necessary. 

"Welp, guess he's in there somewhere. Maybe he had his appearance modified, or maybe there will be a big Frankenstein waiting for us in there.

Then again, he could also be waiting for us in sector A, where the PA system got hacked from. I could always weld that surgical suite shut from our side so we can explore more of this and the next sector safely."

Get into hard cover but with sight of that door. If it gets opened this turn by either a teammate or from the inside, goop whatever is in there to the floor (do not goop face so as to not suffocate it). Prep a private message for command to disable Wil, send it should it look like he will harm our target.

If that door isn't opened this turn and no other shenanigans occur, check where the door to sector A is.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 12:27:12 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2753 on: November 10, 2020, 10:48:51 am »

"Recommendation: medics should restock their supplies with the help of .
Recommendation: Wilfred should leave the room until summoned."

Knock on the door, yell "I've got that pizza you ordered!" and then drop my mining charge and get to a safe distance. (If someone with better speech is willing to impersonate the pizza boy I'm fine with that.) That way, if whatever comes out is dangerous I'll be able to just blow it up.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: November 10, 2020, 11:26:26 am »

"Hey robot minigun man, I'm sure you're very angry at our psyker friend but we kinda need the money so could you pretty please shred him after he's been dissected by the boss men or me and we get paid? I'm sure they'll leave you at least 20% of Derp as a reward."

Stay away from the door, try to see if there's anything around that can be used as a makeshift sedative/robot disabler in a worst-case scenario.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: November 10, 2020, 11:40:13 am »

"I wonder how many of the test subjects were named Ed?"

Stay out of the way.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 08:12:03 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: November 10, 2020, 05:00:43 pm »

Note: the person briefing us was the NPC speaking in yellow (also an ape I believe, but maybe not anime-ape?), who understands space-English.
((The Robo-Gorilla rescued on the second mission. From the genetics lab. I forget his name, but George is stuck in my head, so George it is until PW corrects me. Anime Ape was from Mission 1, and is a Stand Using orangutan that Jon named Yuri. He was from Venus.))

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: November 10, 2020, 06:06:32 pm »

Go search the tube that will "pacified" to try to figure out what the deal is (unless someone already did and I wasn't paying attentions).
Afterwards, see if anything in the lab looks valuable. Maybe some organs that would go for a penny on the Blackmarket?

Edit- Make sure to avoid WilBot

Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 11:08:10 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Hello~
« Reply #2758 on: November 10, 2020, 06:51:07 pm »

Follow JiBot to the snacks. Negotiate with Jibot for the snacks. Eat the snacks.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: November 10, 2020, 09:27:56 pm »

"I wonder how many of the test subjects were named Ed?"
"Dozens, perhaps millions! We will never know for sure. But never fear, with the power of name changes, anyone may enter the Congregation of Ed!

I am accepting alternate names for our cult."

Continue looking around for anyone in need of chiropractic care/exorcism. Begin to consider how to set up a society of Ed once this mission's over.

Spoiler: EEED (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 334