Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 483286 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: MOOK: From Beyond
« Reply #2730 on: November 03, 2020, 04:04:08 pm »

"Well, that's a start, I suppose." Ed sighs, scratching his arm. He looks at the OMNITECH new employee welcome pamphlet with apprehension "But of what?"

So, what kind of robot did I manage to hack exactly?
Make my way over to my new OMNITECH colleagues so I can become a member of the team. In the back of the team, staying near my brobot and away from whatever it is they're messing with right now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ed successfully hacked a pusher robot! Or is it a shover robot? He's not really sure. It keeps talking endlessly about pushing and shoving, regardless. Luckily it doesn't have any bread or stairs to make the most of its powers.

He heads over to the rest of the team.

Bite somebody until Bob receives snacks, or a sufficiently interesting mechanical situation to resolve.
Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)
Bob bites Wilfred in the metal treads repeatedly, grumbling increasingly loudly each time.

Continue the struggle! Medical practices (that I am at least 35% qualified to perform) must not be impeded by the grasp of mere synthetic horniness! Pry the gun free and see if the situation hasn't devolved far enough into shooting that it'll be safe to try to put the gun back on Wilfred.

To be clear, if shit is going down, then just stay back and watch for any maimed people that might need to be realigned in order to fix their dismemberment or whatever.

Spoiler: EEED (click to show/hide)
If I win, try to equip the gun. If I lose, sulk about it and stand behind WilBot if he’s ready to advance on the next sector.

EDIT- in the interest of preventing more friendly fire, let him have the gun. However, this gives me an idea. Do I think I might be strong enough to wield two rifles at once?

Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
Ji releases the gun in exasperation and scampers away over to Wilfred to hide behind his...at least for the moment...plentiful and sheltering bulk.  She considers wielding two rifles at once and thinks that it would indeed be possible. Though perhaps not very accurate.

EEED, now with weapon in hand, moves over to Wilfred as well and considers the best medical way to...reconnect all these metal...doodads and electric veins and such. [1] He begins using the time honored method of slamming the busted end of the gun into the busted end of the arm while screaming until Wilfred spins on his waist servos  and clocks EEED upside the head with the remaining gunarm.

"CEASE!"

"Gentlepersons, I've come here to dissect psykers and overdose on a stimulant. And I've already overdosed five times today."

Sam jabs a needle of stimulant into her arm, she didn't go and then get kicked out of med school to die because of some psych weirdo.
[Life to d4]
Sam bounces around a bit near the back of the group, waiting for something to happen. Hopefully something that gives her an...opportunity to practice medicine. Yes. That's what they called it at the trial. Yes.

Edward deals with whatever's on the other side of that door by hiding behind someone (or preferably several someones) with more experience and better armour.

Edward figures that he can see through walls as long as they're made of a transparent material, fly short distances downward at 9.8 meters per second squared, and talk to fruit but it won't talk back.

Edward, who is like Ed but less itchy, hides behind Wilfred as well. [5] He also snaps out of his delusions, much to the disappointment of everyone, I'm sure.

Use my engineer powers to aid in the opening of the door to the next sector, and try to stay out of the line of fire if people start shooting.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
"Allrighty then, enough fucking around. Let's open that door and deal with whatever is on the other side."

First scan the door/doorway to see if I can pick up anything suspicious, like trace amounts of chemicals that might indicate the other side of the door is trapped with explosives or something like that.

If nothing comes up, open the door (maybe with help from a teammate if it's difficult) but only a little bit and stick the environment scanner through the gap to take a picture/short video of what is immediately behind (if video watch or record at a safe framerate). Check the pic/video, if the other side doesn't either contain our mind-raping target and/or a hostile welcoming party or other deadly dangers, open the door fully.

In any case though, if the Wil-murderbot behind me is still intent on shooting everything as soon as the door opens, then let him or someone else open the door and stand to the side, I'd rather not be the next victim to avoidable friendly fire.  :v

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Yagyu scans the door way and besides a rather unpleasant amount of decomposition gases and by products it seems fine.  So, he and the somehow still alive Burt force it open. Its a difficult process and they can only get it maybe a foot and a half open on their own: anything more will require more machine muscle than they have access to between them.  Beyond the door the hallway is...a lot cleaner than they expected. Brightly lit, apparently sterile. However there is something there: A hospital bed. One of the rolling kind that look like they're made of bent up pipes.  There's a white sheet on the bed covering...something. Too small for a person. Looks like...a tube? Maybe a meter long?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: November 03, 2020, 05:12:31 pm »

Continue opening the door, hopefully some more people will help out. If not find something to use as leverage to pry it open.

If we manage to get it open, check to see if I can spot any traps/cameras/shenanigans between the entrance and that bed. If not, inch a bit closer to the bed and scan it to try and see what is going on here before anyone can touch it.

EDIT: If Yagyu hears the gibbering coming from Wilfred, then don't open the door or go inside or do anything, instead just stand out of the way (WELL away) of the door and wait till the teamkilling hazard is done. Also pull away teammates who were gonna help with the door so they don't get gibbed either.   

« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 01:08:02 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: November 03, 2020, 05:23:31 pm »

Help pry the door open
Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: November 04, 2020, 06:24:03 am »

Keep helping with the door, and try to stay out from in front of the mystery bed tube.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: November 04, 2020, 09:12:40 am »

Ed competes with the other Ed over the best safest spot behind Wilfred to take cover, while continuing to not help out in any significant way.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: November 04, 2020, 01:32:44 pm »

”Robots seem to be resistant to adjustment, and even holistic sound therapy doesn’t have an effect! I need to deploy ... mental chiropractic measures.”

EEED’s plans for telepathic development are temporarily put on hold, however, as his inner Ed sense notifies him of two other individuals. ”My brethren! Fellow Eds! I am EEED! Rejoice in our reuniting!”

Conglomerate with the other two Eds and conduct the swearing of an unbreakable oath of brotherhood. Establish myself as the dominant Ed by virtue of having the most combined E and D letters in my name. Also the gun arm thing I’m holding, which shall now be known as the Staff of Ed until we find something better to use as symbol of office.

Spoiler: EEED (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 11:46:16 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: November 04, 2020, 04:18:05 pm »

"The Eds are back in town! Now we only need two more and we can form Ed Voltron. Edtron? Voltred?"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Karmic backlash
« Reply #2737 on: November 04, 2020, 11:51:09 pm »

"FUCK DERP FUCK DERP FUCK DERP FUCK DERP FUCK DERP FUCK DERP FUCK DERP FUCK DERP FUCK DERP FUCK DERP FUCK DERP!"

Continually chant the above, and then designate the tube-in-sheet as a target for the robot to shoot.  Watch in 0.2 FPS mode as whatever happens, happens.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: 0.2 FPS
Smell: None to speak of~
Hearing: Disabled; speech to text enabled.
Taste: Robots don't eat!
Touch: Pressure sensors apparently don't count.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: November 05, 2020, 10:39:56 am »

Remind Wil that that's our paycheck he's trying to shoot, either way more stimulant in vein. NOW
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 12:31:49 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: November 06, 2020, 09:15:34 am »

Stay out of the way of everyone. Just let the big mean murderbot do his thing from a safe distance away.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: MOOK: Ed, Ed, and WilfrEd
« Reply #2740 on: November 06, 2020, 01:30:39 pm »

Yagyu, Ji, and Burt are in the midst of discussing the best method to continue opening the door when 382 armor piercing tungsten tipped anti-personnel rounds  hiss through the space between them. The bed, the thing on it- whatever it was-, and the lovely sterile finish of the hallway cease to be. 

"Threat Neutralized." Wilfred announces, gun still spinning.

Yagyu stares at Wilfred. He gestures from Wilfred to the door and back again, exasperated.

"Why?"

"Threat Neutralized."

"What threat? It was a bed!"

"Beds can be a threat."

"It was really more the mysterious tube on the bed that was the issue." EEED says, waving his staff around.

"Never knock a mysterious medical tube!" Sam shouts, "Many wonderful things come from mysterious medical tubes!"

"We're getting off track. The point is that we can't just shoot random things. We've got orders to bring the guy in alive, remember?"

"Threat. Neutralized."

"I understand that, but do you want to have wasted all this time only to lose our pay because you can't keep that damn autocannon in your pants?"

Ji wedges a bit of metal into the door and with a clank breaks one of the holding gears. The door grinds all the way open with a shriek. "Well, we're in, regardless."

Yagyu puts his hand up and walks in front of Wilfred. "I'm gonna scan the room. Please don't shoot me in the back."

Wilfred doesn't respond.  Yagyu leans very carefully into the room and sweeps the scanner around. He comes back out a moment later.

"No cameras, no traps I can see. Whatever was in the bed was organic. Glass, suspension gel, human tissue. Sample maybe."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Karmic backlash
« Reply #2741 on: November 06, 2020, 01:58:00 pm »

"I care much less about our pay than not dying a second time.  Anyway, that was obviously a trap, and not Derp.  Why would he possibly try to ambush us inside a test tube right in front of a door?  If he's paid any attention at all, he knows that won't work, just because of how ridiculously destructive we've been this entire time.  Fuck the bastard!"

Enter the room and scan for other targets.  Shoot other targets if found.  Targets include anything which is alive, or can transmit a Derpy signal, like speakers or screens.  Also sensors in general should get shot.  I have a lot of bullets, and there's not many things that Wilfred has a good reason not to shoot.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: 0.2 FPS
Smell: None to speak of~
Hearing: Disabled; speech to text enabled.
Taste: Robots don't eat!
Touch: Pressure sensors apparently don't count.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: November 06, 2020, 02:18:13 pm »

"Well, I hope you're happy Mr Nuts and Bolts. You ruined a perfectly serviceable tube full of organic tubby goodness, if my pay gets slashed because of you I swear I'll vote against that robotic rights bill."

Sam will stay away from the boltsack and put up a mental note to major in engineering so she can convert him into a toaster if he makes her first day on her new  """legal""" job be for nothing.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: November 06, 2020, 02:33:10 pm »

"We are employees, not slaves. Our job is to try and turn this bastard in alive, if that's not up your ally you were free to sit this one out, and in fact you are still at liberty to return to the entrance and wait for the reclamation team to open up the airlock if you are not willing to try and help us capture him alive. But, as per our briefing, killing him on purpose will bring the Auditors down on our necks, and as we saw in our previous mission, 'mercy' does not seem to be in their employee handbook. Shooting him indiscriminately is probably the most dangerous thing we could do."

During mission briefing it was mentioned that the person briefing us (anime ape?) could act as our mission control. I think it was also mentioned that we could send them text messages. Send a private text message to see if they are indeed receiving messages and if they can reply (something like "test message to see if you guys are receiving, please confirm if yes").

Then onwards I guess. Keep the scanner out. Make sure not to touch the remains of what was in that tube.
EDIT: let the bot go in first and don't go in until I've confirmed it won't be another round of friendly fire. 

« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 10:38:09 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2744 on: November 06, 2020, 05:41:19 pm »

Find computers and plunder them for their data booty. I need them to tell me what happened here.

"Wilfred, do you want me to put you back into the OMNICLOUD? I bet i could even hack you into the premium heaven section. I hear they have simulated genuine food there, instead of those vat-grown stuff they feed us."

Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 334