Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 483361 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Fire Walk With Me
« Reply #2700 on: October 19, 2020, 11:58:11 am »

Janet snaps out of the standard Omni PR communing trance to the sounds of team murder and shouting. Will run to join the group, keeping an eye out for the splishy splashy invisible lizards. Brain-flash them if I see spashes/water but no people. If I get to the group in time, distract wilfred by offering them a standard Omnitech liability acknowledgement form.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 02:05:52 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: October 19, 2020, 01:13:21 pm »

Edward flees away and finds somewhere to hide!

He types rapidly on his computing cube, trying to dig up that old FoF program he may or may not have on his computer and adapt it to work on this murder robot.

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: MOOK: Karmic backlash
« Reply #2702 on: October 19, 2020, 01:50:11 pm »

((I am deeply offended! Pathos it's neither a biped nor a dog and he certainly does not breathe like those who cling to the weakness of their flesh.))

"Somehow, I always thought I would be the one to fuck up horribly first. Luck really isn't on your side, is it? But don't worry! I know just the thing to stop him from killing the rest of our meatshields!"

Jump on the robot's face, start screaming "I'm a little bitch!" and then run further into the sector while laughing like a dumb yet smug asshole. That way the robot will follow me away from the team and towards potential threats.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: October 19, 2020, 01:55:25 pm »

"Ugh, I set the guardbot to take over and shoot any hostiles.  Did you fuckers trigger it?  Seriously?  It was the cultist dude, wasn't it?  Yeah, this just goes to show; you start threatening people wearing a giant robot guard body, maybe that giant robot guard body will decide you're a threat.  Who woulda thought?  Just lay down and stop being threatening targets, and you'll be fine.  Oh, why do I even try?  You need me to fix this, don't you?  Ugh.  Fucking Derp hasn't even had to do anything, and yet it feels like we've killed our whole team twice over already..."

Fix the targeting algorithm.  Add in an exception for teammates.  Make sure it can be revoked at a moment's notice, though.

And if the wannabe elder god cultist actually does manage to do something despite having been thoroughly pulped, use those good old green ghost god powers to summon a bigger fish that'll eat him.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: 0.2 FPS
Smell: None to speak of~
Hearing: Disabled; speech to text enabled.
Taste: Robots don't eat!
Touch: Pressure sensors apparently don't count.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: October 19, 2020, 05:18:51 pm »

”Oh shit oh shit oh shit oh… wait. I owed him money. I guess there’s an upside to this whole thing after all!”
Stay behind cover. And keep an eye on our back incase our lizard friends make an appearance.
Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: October 19, 2020, 10:12:19 pm »

"Ugh, I set the guardbot to take over and shoot any hostiles.  Did you fuckers trigger it?  Seriously?  It was the cultist dude, wasn't it?  Yeah, this just goes to show; you start threatening people wearing a giant robot guard body, maybe that giant robot guard body will decide you're a threat.  Who woulda thought?  Just lay down and stop being threatening targets, and you'll be fine.  Oh, why do I even try?  You need me to fix this, don't you?  Ugh.  Fucking Derp hasn't even had to do anything, and yet it feels like we've killed our whole team twice over already..."

Fix the targeting algorithm.  Add in an exception for teammates.  Make sure it can be revoked at a moment's notice, though.

And if the wannabe elder god cultist actually does manage to do something despite having been thoroughly pulped, use those good old green ghost god powers to summon a bigger fish that'll eat him.

"OoOoOoOoO Richter didn't insult you. Dipshit. OoOoOoO I'm a ghooooost~" a ghostly voice calls out in Wilfred's dipshit robot ears.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: October 20, 2020, 02:41:58 am »

"Oh FUCK the bad feeling was right everything's gone to shit and people are dying!"
Curl up into a ball and stay in cover.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: October 20, 2020, 02:06:17 pm »

Action Edited.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: October 21, 2020, 01:15:42 am »

"I say, I'll have to read up on robot chiro at this rate! Clearly that fellow's gears are misaligned and he's expressing his inner pain."

Keep huddling behind Mr. Wall here and use my handy dandy Automop to make Wilfred slip and slide around ineffectually should he find me and not immediately blast me into goo(because there's no way combat engineers remembered to account for offensively-used janitorial equipment... maybe).

Spoiler: EEED (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2709 on: October 22, 2020, 10:15:41 am »

GHOST LARRY. THIS.  LAST MESSAGE.

MR. WHITE FACE. KILL. FUCKTARD.

REVENGE. NOW. FUCKING WILFRED.

and with those psych words imprinting on everyone's soul, the most useful member of the team dies. Truly a human saint, he was human, totally human. Now to watch out for White Face.

[5][9][11v8][9][4]

The area around the shredded pile of meat that used to be Larry suddenly grows dark, the halogen tubes bursting in a rain of glass and sparks. The entire upper body of WICKED WORLD fades slowly into existence, the normally impassive face of the giant now twisted in rage. One hand lashes out and heavy fingers grab the BattleBot by the right machinegun. With a screech and spray of sparks it yanks Wilfred's new body closer to it and then winds up for a punch with the other arm. Its emaciated rubbery arm bulges with muscle that seems to grow out of nothing. The punch sends the guard bot tumbling, rolling end over end 30 or so feet down the hall until it catches on a doorway and jerks to a halt. The machinegun remains in WICKED WORLD's grasp, and it tosses the shorn off arm to the ground with a tremendous CLANG!

The sensor cluster that could be considered the bot's head jerkily raises and then turns to face back down the hall. It stares at WICKED WORLD, unblinking, but with an odd glint in the lenses. A glow from within that isn't quite right. And then what appears to be a partially translucent hand the size of a double decker bus rises from the metal floor of the antechamber and wraps 8 fingers around WICKED WORLD as though it were a toy. And then both are yanked down and out of sight, forever.

[8]

The bot rights itself and rolls back down the hall, now a little uneven on damaged treads. When it reaches its torn off arm it broadcasts

CAN SOMEONE REATTACH THIS? I'VE FIXED THE TARGETING BUG SO IT SHOULD BE FINE NOW. I'D DO IT MYSELF BUT I DON'T HAVE THUMBS. OR HANDS.

And then Pathos leaps onto the robots face and screams "I'M A LITTLE BITCH!" and begins mass emailing Wilfred images of smug anime girls.

Everyone else peeks out of their various bits of cover. It seems the most recent round of team killing has come to an end.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: From Beyond
« Reply #2710 on: October 22, 2020, 10:34:01 am »

Hey, Can I get the 135 OMNI I gave Larry back, because either it was credit, which is no longer applicable, or it was physical currency, which I can now collect from Larry directly.

In any case, I'm going to inspect the torn-off gun arm and wonder of I would be able to wield the gun part myself. Don't pick it up yet, and reassure Wilfred that I'm not stealing it, but still look at it.

And now for appropriations! First I'll check Richter's puddle to see if the symbiote survived and collect the sidearm and ammo and the psychic drugs. Then I'll go to Larry's puddle and collect the rest of the Lizard parts and the rifle and the other sidearm and any ammo. Also, if anyone else really wants something that I'm picking up, they can have it. 

Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: October 22, 2020, 12:57:54 pm »

He types rapidly on his computing cube, trying to dig up that old FoF program he may or may not have on his computer and adapt it to work on this murder robot.
Edward does this. Sure the robot isn't murdery right now, but who knows when it or a similar robot will go murdery again in the near future?

Test my back. Do some stretches. Figure out the "not immediately obvious" benefits of having my spine so wonderfully adjusted.
Edward also does this, since it was so rudely interrupted by homicidal robot.

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2712 on: October 22, 2020, 04:17:34 pm »

Spoiler: SMUG SPAM (click to show/hide)

Remain vigilant and threaten anyone that looks at me funny with memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: October 22, 2020, 11:41:15 pm »

Quote from: EEED's thoughts
Homocidal robot's gun detached. Bullets no longer concern. Activate chiropractic measures?
Fact: Robot has two limbs on symmetrical axis, similar to arms. Conclusion: Robot's guns are arms.
Fact: Arms have joints and bones.
Fact: Detachment of arm constitutes damage to bones.
Fact: Chiropractic care heals bones.
Fact: Robot has shown acute willingness to kill organic beings.
Fact: Until proven otherwise, I am an organic being.
Fact: I am not contractually allowed to care about my own wellbeing.
Calculating probability of successful adjustment strategies...

1d2 (1 - Attempt robot chiro. 2 - Do something reasonable) = 1

EEED, seeing a prospective patient both get hurt and show willingness to not instantly murder anyone that comes near him, lights up in joy.

"Allow me to help, metal man! I am an expert in all things health."

Unless I happen to be dissuaded by someone more competent, fix Wilfred's gun arm with my skills with normal anatomy that I'm sure transfer seamlessly over to advanced robotics.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 10:20:22 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: October 23, 2020, 04:47:06 am »

"Oh look the situation has resolved itself."
Come out of cover and wait for the rest of the group to do anything.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 334