Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 483354 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Fire Walk With Me
« Reply #2670 on: October 08, 2020, 11:20:11 am »

Being a robot at present, how human do I look exactly? Possibly different enough so I won’t be hunted?

In any case, have rifle and razor at the ready. If nothing happens, I’ll check the carnage, and see if the robot hit the lizard at all.

Also, this should be the door to the control center, correct?

Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: October 08, 2020, 12:53:17 pm »

EEED turns to his sole companion.

"Hello, fellow employee! What is your designation? It seems we ought to get to know each other now that we have been left behind by our fellow staff."

Soap up the rest of the floor in the room! Also, examine Ed for possible needed care.

Spoiler: EEED (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2672 on: October 08, 2020, 05:32:42 pm »

"Poor Wilfred. All of OMNI's forces and all of OMNI's men couldn't put him back together again. Fortunately for him, OMNITECH has beings in its ranks that are far superior to humans. And now he will be one of them too!"

Keep providing motion sensor data to my teammates (and Omniscience data, if I manage to spot any of the lizards and tag them).

If I have time, work on putting Wilfred inside that superior robotic body.

"Oh, and if one of you could light a match under a smoke detector or something to trigger the sprinkler system, that would be really helpful."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: October 08, 2020, 07:03:37 pm »

Light one of my flares and hold it near a smoke detector, and stay with the group and be ready to shoot things if needed.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: October 09, 2020, 03:19:07 am »

Try again to find a sensor/mode on my scanner that would help in detecting these things, even if one is sitting still.

If any crocs are revealed near us this turn (eg. by the sprinklers or something else), goop 'em.   

"Ok, so, there were 6 of those cloning tubes in the lab, and 1 of them got smashed. Pathos picked up 3 motion sensor signals, meaning the remaining 2 are either outside of the range of the scanner, or 2 of these assholes are sitting still and hiding somewhere, no doubt in a position ready to ambush us. Maybe even on a ceiling or above a doorway! So stay on your toes. I'd advise against going out with just a small group but it's a little late for that at this point. Honestly, I'm getting the feeling that we are just clearing the way for our target at this point, bah.

Oh, and I have a bunch of stimulants left, so if any of you fleshies want one feel free to ask, they can save your butt in a pinch."

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: October 09, 2020, 09:19:15 am »

"Hello, fellow employee! What is your designation? It seems we ought to get to know each other now that we have been left behind by our fellow staff."
"Edward. Now do you mind? I'm a bit busy."
Edward continues typing meaningless things into his computer.

"...Left behind? Shit."
Edward runs to catch up with the main group.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: October 12, 2020, 08:01:10 am »

Stick with yagyu. If any hostiles show themselves, shoot them with the poot gun.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2678 on: October 12, 2020, 11:03:29 am »

Too bad the team doesn't have a reptilian ambassador of good will, or an ambhibian self-propelled rtillary piece with which to dissuade these monsters from their deadly course. Well, anyway, this pool is pretty wet, but that dark room had BIG SNACK, so Bob is conflicted asto whether to remain or to wander back to the sensory depprivation chamber and illusory fish dispensory.
Spoiler: Oh Buoy (click to show/hide)
[3]
Who says pools can't be sensory deprivation chambers?

Soap up the rest of the floor in the room! Also, examine Ed for possible needed care.

"Edward. Now do you mind? I'm a bit busy."
Edward continues typing meaningless things into his computer.

"...Left behind? Shit."
Edward runs to catch up with the main group.

[2] Ed attempts to get up and run to catch up with the people who have left, but instead immediately slips and falls face first on the ground.

"Yeah, I coated everything around here with soapy water. Its pretty slippery." EEED says, casually poking Ed with the handle of his mop. "You ok? Need a spine adjustment?"

Light one of my flares and hold it near a smoke detector, and stay with the group and be ready to shoot things if needed.
Burt lifts a flare to the nearest spoke detecting panel and waits. After a good 30 seconds water sprayer nozzles extend from the ceiling and begin spraying a constant deluge of water.

"Poor Wilfred. All of OMNI's forces and all of OMNI's men couldn't put him back together again. Fortunately for him, OMNITECH has beings in its ranks that are far superior to humans. And now he will be one of them too!"

Keep providing motion sensor data to my teammates (and Omniscience data, if I manage to spot any of the lizards and tag them).

If I have time, work on putting Wilfred inside that superior robotic body.

"Oh, and if one of you could light a match under a smoke detector or something to trigger the sprinkler system, that would be really helpful."

[9] Pathos manages to get into the OMNI consciousness containment servers and downloads Wilfred's data into his bodyguard robot.

Try again to find a sensor/mode on my scanner that would help in detecting these things, even if one is sitting still.

If any crocs are revealed near us this turn (eg. by the sprinklers or something else), goop 'em.   

"Ok, so, there were 6 of those cloning tubes in the lab, and 1 of them got smashed. Pathos picked up 3 motion sensor signals, meaning the remaining 2 are either outside of the range of the scanner, or 2 of these assholes are sitting still and hiding somewhere, no doubt in a position ready to ambush us. Maybe even on a ceiling or above a doorway! So stay on your toes. I'd advise against going out with just a small group but it's a little late for that at this point. Honestly, I'm getting the feeling that we are just clearing the way for our target at this point, bah.

Oh, and I have a bunch of stimulants left, so if any of you fleshies want one feel free to ask, they can save your butt in a pinch."

Stick with yagyu. If any hostiles show themselves, shoot them with the poot gun.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)
[6] Yagyu activates motion sensing mode. It should be able to pick up these things even if they're invisible and produce no appreciable heat. It should be perfect so long as no one does anything like fill the entire level with movement.

Being a robot at present, how human do I look exactly? Possibly different enough so I won’t be hunted?

In any case, have rifle and razor at the ready. If nothing happens, I’ll check the carnage, and see if the robot hit the lizard at all.

Also, this should be the door to the control center, correct?

Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
Ji considers her appearance. That of a badly abused anime sex doll with cloned human limbs crudely grafted onto it. She wonders if it will pass for human. [5] Its humanoid and at least a few parts are still organic so there's a good chance she will. At least to assassin lizards. 

She checks the area but there's no sign of blood or harm to the lizard. Lots of bullet impacts in the area, but no blood.

She looks and yes, the control room is right there.

Well that's bad, Larry will see if he can use bad juju to find where it went. All the while keeping his punch ghost primmed and ready to punch at the first sign of reptiles.

[8] Larry considers the situation for a long moment. He then lifts one finger into the air and summons forth WICKED WORLD with a clap. The giant pale hand reaches out of nothing and grabs hold of nothing. It drags the nothing back and, for an instant, some members of the party can vaguely make out the form of a spectral Wilfred caught in its grip.  Larry speaks with the nothing for a few moments and then gestures again, releasing it.

"According to the mortal imprint of the late Wilfred, the first lizard is down the hall to our left, about 40 feet away, clinging to the ceiling and waiting for us. Though as soon as all this water started pouring down it got spooked and scampered off. There's a good chance that, as long as we stay in the water and don't detour into any rooms or seperate, they might not attack us. They're ambush based after all; even if they could stand and fight they likely won't want to."

The sprinkler system has been activated. Motion sensing is now useless thanks to the fact that water is, in fact, moving and there's a lot of it right now. Any operational computers are now fried since they don't, in reality, enjoy being drenched. We will assume (even though no one actually took the action to reunite with the three guys by Wilfred's body) that the group has reconnected. Except of course for EEED and Ed, who are still in the tube room. And Bob, who is bobbing.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: October 12, 2020, 11:37:01 am »

Time to follow his own advice, Larry will search for the next sector (but only if a sizable portion of the group is going with him), staying clear of any detours and making sure to use WICKED WORLD to appear big, mean and generally not worth the trouble compared to his smaller, weaker, easier to chew human shields fellow co-workers.

Also Larry will put on the Isolation Suit and activate all isolationery features, he's pretty sure he's immune but if the target went mad due to psych feedback he's also pretty sure his pay would get docked.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 11:02:52 am by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: October 12, 2020, 01:34:57 pm »

"Am I okay? Do I need a spine adjustment?"
Am I okay? Do I need a spine adjustment?

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: October 12, 2020, 05:27:11 pm »

"You are continuing to talk and breathe, which means there is a 46% chance you are marginally okay! The second half of your inquiry, however, is a false question - there is always a need for a spinal adjustment!"

Adjust spine (in a beneficial manner) and then see if I can't use my automop in reverse or something to suck up the soapy water, allowing Ed and me to make our way to the others in an isolated puddle of dryness surrounded by soap! Y'know, dry in front, soap up behind.

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: October 13, 2020, 02:33:19 am »

So can we assume this sector is 'secure' as long as we stay in the water and aren't alone, also for any return trip?

Assuming the group moves along with me, go search for the door to the next sector. Don't open it yet and don't let others open it yet either, especially not with any destructive methods, we don't want to accidentally paste our target and make this all for nothing.

Oh, and if needed, quickly fashion some sort of strap of backpack or something so robo!Wil can drag his old inventory along with him. Or just put that stuff in the hammer space until we figure out what to do with it.

"Next sector is where our target was last spotted. Let's make sure we are all ready and have all the sensory deprivation crap up and running before we open that door. Wil, don't forget your new body probably still needs to activate reduced framerate and text-to-speech stuff and whatnot. "

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: October 13, 2020, 03:41:43 am »

Stay with the group no matter what happens, and be ready to shoot all the hostile things.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: October 13, 2020, 05:37:40 am »

"Oh, god damn it!  You bastards brought me back to this fucking place?  I just got to escape hell scot free, and you... put me in this body.  Huh.  Hahaha!  I can spin the gatling gun!  Oh my god, this is fucking AWESOME, holy shit!"

Run diagnostics on self.  What are Wilfred's current stats?  Current life?  Current damage dice?  Current available weapons?

Enable 5 FPS mode, and speech to text.  Disable hearing.  Also disable hearing, smell, and taste, if any of those are actually senses possessed by this bot.

Follow team otherwise.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight:
Smell:
Hearing:
Taste: None; robot.
Touch:
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 334