Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 483385 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Fire Walk With Me
« Reply #2655 on: October 02, 2020, 05:04:35 pm »

Grab the claw, and do a quick search for loot/evidence. After that, follow the rest of the team with my rifle and Bio-razor at the ready.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: October 03, 2020, 01:15:06 am »

"Good news, fellow workers! If you are affected by brain-altering substances and or organisms, I can now fix you! You just have to ..."

He stares into space momentarily. "Be invulnerable to electricity."

"Doesn't seem like such a big deal to me!"

Join the loot/examination train! Maybe my inborn massage skills will give me some insight into how these reptilians work.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: October 04, 2020, 06:53:56 pm »

Wait until my compadres are done with this lizard corpse, then eat it. Purge some human and teeth elemental bits in equal amount if I need to make room to do so.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2658 on: October 05, 2020, 11:25:35 am »

Does the sensory deprivation suit interfere with my disposable space suit?
Does it provide any physical or environmental protection?
Examine sensory deprivation suit for hidden features.

(By the way, can I get any sort of level up or payment for the mission that I went catatonic half way through?)

Ed finds that while he can wear the suit part of his space suit, the helmet won't fit under the sensory deprivation suit helmet.
He assesses his suit to see if it provides any physical or environmental protection. It doesn't!
[2] He finds no secret features hidden in the suit either. How completely boring and ordinary!

(If you didn't level up before, add 500 OMNI and do one level up for surviving, I suppose)

Retroactively obtain one of those fungicide canisters while passing through the last sector.

Shoot anything which is alive and which isn't a team member within this sector.  Order the robot to also shoot any such thing.  Head straight towards the sector control room.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Sensory deprivation suit internal video screen, currently set to full speed.  Blindfold readied underneath.
Smell: Nose plugs.  And sensory deprivation suit.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs.  Under a sensory deprivation  suit.
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?  Especially when Wil is wearing a sensory deprivation  suit?
Touch: Riot armor.  And sensory deprivation suit.
Ok.

Wilfred engages standard "Shoot anything thats different from me" protocols and heads off towards the sector control room. Everything seems oddly quiet, all things considered, and the gooey footprints of the lizard things disappear after a bit. He reaches the control room, which is of course locked, and sets out to open it.  [1][1v8] He is carefully plugging away at the keyboard when something clangs down the hall. He, and the robot, turn and focus their guns down the hall, staring intently, trying to make out a threat. Then he hears something pass by, a sort of whisper of wind and a shuffling noise overhead. And then he tumbles back off the robot in about 16 different chunks.

The cognition copier beeps from somewhere in the shredded melon that used to be his head and is consciousness is beamed to the OMNI servers.

Edward gets handed the sensory deprivation suit of the now missing alligator and puts it on. It smells like fish and grumpiness but it will work.

Pretty sure Radio was giving Edward te OTHER Bob's sensory suit, since Radio is carrying a full armory and mausoleum of deceased teammates and their gear on him.

Bob, who is not missing - he's right where the team left him - never had a sensory deprivation suit that I am aware of.

Alright.

Use my engineer powers and some security cameras, computer bits, and tool kit charges to make a helmet like the sensory deprivation suit.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)

[4] Burt rigs up an effective sensory deprivation helmet. Sure, it might technically be a repurposed security camera taped to his helmet, a stolen LCD screen on the inside, and duct tape over his ears, but its functional.

Can we say Yagyu also picked up a fungicide container while on the way out?

Scan the lizard corpse remains with the scanner. Try to find something that will let us use the scanner to get some early warning that another big lizardboy is near (maybe smell/pheromones we could detect?)

Check around this lab if there's anything useful or valuable to grab.

Finally, check the computers for more info on these crocoboyos (more computer adept peeps get preference for this of course).

Pretty sure Radio was giving Edward te OTHER Bob's sensory suit, since Radio is carrying a full armory and mausoleum of deceased teammates and their gear on him.
Bob, who is not missing - he's right where the team left him - never had a sensory deprivation suit that I am aware of.
Biggo lizardo is correct! PW, if you feel I have too much crap in my inventory at any point, lemme know and I'll drop things (or find a handcart of sorts).

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Yagyu also picks up a fungicide container.

[1] The scanner scans the remains and immediately begins loudly beeping and broadcasting a shrill alarm. Yagyu pounds the screen with his fist, shushing the machine  and muttering curses.

"Good news, fellow workers! If you are affected by brain-altering substances and or organisms, I can now fix you! You just have to ..."

He stares into space momentarily. "Be invulnerable to electricity."

"Doesn't seem like such a big deal to me!"

Join the loot/examination train! Maybe my inborn massage skills will give me some insight into how these reptilians work.
Grab the claw, and do a quick search for loot/evidence. After that, follow the rest of the team with my rifle and Bio-razor at the ready.
Woah! Look at all those gnarly biological weapons, it reminds Larry of home but with less meatmoss and emptiness.  Since there's so much biostuff Larry will engage in the ole' loot and scoop, maybe there's something of value lying around.

((Ji specifically grabs the claw. Sheetless Xan not rolled.))
[5,1,8]

An examination of the room, the evidence, computer terminals, and anything that looks valuable yields the following:

1. Lizard Claw (whole land). Odd looking. Fingers very wide spread, thumb partially overlapping the wrist.
2. 5 lizard claws (individual talons)
3. One lizard lower jaw:  Mouth must be large enough to swallow a man's head and shoulders in one bite.
4. About 5 feet worth of lizard skin. Quite tough.
5. Computers detail the creation of genetically modified organic servitors for the purpose of "discrete organic hinderance removal". Mostly technical gibberish, but from what you can glean they started with chameleons and geckos.

Rapid high caliber gunfire can be heard deeper in the sector. Everyone notices that Wilfred is missing.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: October 05, 2020, 11:38:03 am »

"Hey, it looks like our fellow co-worker F U C K I N G  W I L F R E D is out of this mortal coil, neat! Before we deal with that though, I invoke the blood rule of dibs on the skin and talons, as per human tradition if you wish to go against my ruling you may challenge me to a duel to the death, the loser will have their soul flayed and have the word "LOSER" branded on their rotting remains. Any objections? No? Great. Now to deal with your big hidden friend..."

Fully manifest Wicked World, then send it to investigate ahead of the group by skirting the edge of it's maximum range. Larry will also try to see if he's able to see using his pet psych demon's eyes instead of his own psych demon's eyes as to better recon the area. If Mr. Lizard shows himself, engage in a monster fight.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 01:56:32 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: October 05, 2020, 12:50:58 pm »

Hmmm, exactly how like A chameleon does the skin look like? Does it seem like it might have some… chameleon ability? If the answer is yes, switch my vision mode to something that might work better

In any case, try to grab whatever lizard bits aren’t already claimed by someone else, and have the rifle and razor ready.

Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: October 05, 2020, 02:28:36 pm »

"Oh shit something bad's going to happen I can feel it."
Have my gun at the ready and stick with the group and be ready to shoot hostile things to death.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Hello~
« Reply #2662 on: October 05, 2020, 07:49:49 pm »

Bob would be slightly disappointed that he was not the first reptile to dismember a teammate, if Bob were sapient and cruel, and aware of the situation the team is in. As it is, however, Bob is an animal in a pool, with no snacks and nothing nearby to use his vast and bizarre mechanical aptitude on, so Bob is moderately content, but not overly content, since he doesn't have any snacks.
Spoiler: Oh Buoy (click to show/hide)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: October 06, 2020, 06:47:46 am »

Edward tries to look like he is doing important work on his computing cube. Very important. Very busy. So many spreadsheets. Important emails. Maybe if he looks busy enough, he can get away with not fighting giant lizards and using his coworkers as human shields.

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: October 06, 2020, 07:01:18 am »

Reset the scanner so that at least it stops screeching.

Check the files again, do they mention anything about how they were planning to control these critters or keep them in line? Any weaknesses or fears/things they can't stand perhaps (eg. a certain smell or sound that keeps them at bay)?

If we hear or see anything resembling crococreeps coming our way, goop 'em! Be mindful of vents in the ceiling or floor or wherever they could try to come out of.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: October 06, 2020, 08:26:24 pm »

"Chameleons change color! I learned this in the Tube. Therefore, I deduce that these creatures can go invisible. A proper method of walking is important for long-term spinal health; please avoid slouching, looking at personal communication devices, or slipping on the large pile of soap I am about to dispense while walking."

They can't get to us if they can't walk! Use my Automop to deliberately soak the around the entrances to the room I'm in with slippery suds. Commit the greatest janitorial violation of all time and fail to put up a wet floor sign, likely earning John's emnity from the afterlife. Don't deliberately interfere with other teammate activities with this, though.

Spoiler: EEED (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2666 on: October 07, 2020, 06:15:17 pm »

"Too bad all the people with the X-ray vision are dead."

Turn on my motion tracker and let the team know of any motion that isn't caused by teammates. If I notice any lizard people, tag them with my Limited Omniscience.

Push a nearby fire alarm button to
A) make noise to conceal our noise
B) activate sprinkler system to form puddles of water we can use to detect them.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2667 on: October 08, 2020, 10:40:19 am »

Bob would be slightly disappointed that he was not the first reptile to dismember a teammate, if Bob were sapient and cruel, and aware of the situation the team is in. As it is, however, Bob is an animal in a pool, with no snacks and nothing nearby to use his vast and bizarre mechanical aptitude on, so Bob is moderately content, but not overly content, since he doesn't have any snacks.
Bob.

"Too bad all the people with the X-ray vision are dead."

Turn on my motion tracker and let the team know of any motion that isn't caused by teammates. If I notice any lizard people, tag them with my Limited Omniscience.

Push a nearby fire alarm button to
A) make noise to conceal our noise
B) activate sprinkler system to form puddles of water we can use to detect them.

Pathos scampers over to the nearest fire alarm and pulls it. The already flashing red emergency lights begin to flash and spin even faster and the PA system adds a new warning to the list it is  continuously repeating. Water does not begin pouring from the ceiling though, as that system would only activate if smoke was detected.

That done, he activates his motion tracker. The tracker pulses for several seconds and Pathos adjusts the range to maximum. Away from the cluster of signals made up by his teammates he spots 3 other signals. He broadcasts the info to the rest of the team.

"Chameleons change color! I learned this in the Tube. Therefore, I deduce that these creatures can go invisible. A proper method of walking is important for long-term spinal health; please avoid slouching, looking at personal communication devices, or slipping on the large pile of soap I am about to dispense while walking."

They can't get to us if they can't walk! Use my Automop to deliberately soak the around the entrances to the room I'm in with slippery suds. Commit the greatest janitorial violation of all time and fail to put up a wet floor sign, likely earning John's emnity from the afterlife. Don't deliberately interfere with other teammate activities with this, though.

Spoiler: EEED (click to show/hide)

EEED waits for everyone else to leave before soaping the entryway to the room he's in and then settling down to wait.

Reset the scanner so that at least it stops screeching.

Check the files again, do they mention anything about how they were planning to control these critters or keep them in line? Any weaknesses or fears/things they can't stand perhaps (eg. a certain smell or sound that keeps them at bay)?

If we hear or see anything resembling crococreeps coming our way, goop 'em! Be mindful of vents in the ceiling or floor or wherever they could try to come out of.

[3] Yagyu removes the batteries from the scanner to shut it up.

He checks the files again. Apparently they were controlled via hypnotically implanted commands...though looking at the data they hadn't quite getting the FOF or specific target programming to stick. As of right now they're stuck in...well there's a lot of technical jargon but the gist seems to be that they just assassinate any humans they see.

"Standard High quality Omni engineering." He grumbles.

Apparently they used tranquilizers to restrain them when needed. The files list them, and the rifles used for them, as being stored elsewhere in the sector.

Edward tries to look like he is doing important work on his computing cube. Very important. Very busy. So many spreadsheets. Important emails. Maybe if he looks busy enough, he can get away with not fighting giant lizards and using his coworkers as human shields.

Ed goes and sits with EEED and proceeds to poke repeatedly at his computing cube while loudly "whispering" the words "Busy busy busy" in rapid succession.

Hmmm, exactly how like A chameleon does the skin look like? Does it seem like it might have some… chameleon ability? If the answer is yes, switch my vision mode to something that might work better

In any case, try to grab whatever lizard bits aren’t already claimed by someone else, and have the rifle and razor ready.

Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
[3] Judging from the skin, Ji is pretty sure these things can hide to some degree. [2] She considers a better vision mode and pokes herself in the eyes a few times. Sadly this fails to engage thermal vision.

"Hey, it looks like our fellow co-worker F U C K I N G  W I L F R E D is out of this mortal coil, neat! Before we deal with that though, I invoke the blood rule of dibs on the skin and talons, as per human tradition if you wish to go against my ruling you may challenge me to a duel to the death, the loser will have their soul flayed and have the word "LOSER" branded on their rotting remains. Any objections? No? Great. Now to deal with your big hidden friend..."

Fully manifest Wicked World, then send it to investigate ahead of the group by skirting the edge of it's maximum range. Larry will also try to see if he's able to see using his pet psych demon's eyes instead of his own psych demon's eyes as to better recon the area. If Mr. Lizard shows himself, engage in a monster fight.
"Oh shit something bad's going to happen I can feel it."
Have my gun at the ready and stick with the group and be ready to shoot hostile things to death.
[3]
Larry attempts to manifest the full form of Wicked World but can't manage to get it to solidify for anything more an a few seconds. Nor can he see through its eyes. Sad!  Together he, Ji, and Burt (the only three who actually went after the mysterious lizards) Follow Pathos' broadcasted motion tracker data towards one of the sources of movement. They come across  Wilfred's robot and the several large chunks of meat that used to be Wilfred. Ji idly brings up the possibility of putting Wilfred into the robot, mind transfer style. The all decide it is an interesting idea and one worth pursuing, maybe, after they are sure they won't be murdered by invisible crocodiles or whatever the hell is going on.  As they near the pinging motion source it suddenly vanishes. They look from one to the other.

"You think it froze because it heard us coming?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Hello~
« Reply #2668 on: October 08, 2020, 11:06:55 am »

Too bad the team doesn't have a reptilian ambassador of good will, or an ambhibian self-propelled rtillary piece with which to dissuade these monsters from their deadly course. Well, anyway, this pool is pretty wet, but that dark room had BIG SNACK, so Bob is conflicted asto whether to remain or to wander back to the sensory depprivation chamber and illusory fish dispensory.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: October 08, 2020, 11:10:32 am »

Well that's bad, Larry will see if he can use bad juju to find where it went. All the while keeping his punch ghost primmed and ready to punch at the first sign of reptiles.

Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 334